Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

el B posted:

I liked the "Noooope" you did with the Sun Breaker

Yeah when i see any roaming super and i don't have my super i just skate away.

Works best against blade dancers. They must get so pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

deadwing posted:

Hahaha just had a 30 kill game + Reign of Terror with the fuckin Dregs Promise I swear this poo poo is too much fun

Give it a try :buddy:

Might have to give it a look. I want a good didearm whem I'm running a scout or pulse.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

How well will I go with this game starting 2 years after release with Australian internet and not having played an FPS with a controller since Perfect Dark

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

cpaf posted:

How well will I go with this game starting 2 years after release with Australian internet and not having played an FPS with a controller since Perfect Dark

it's got heaps of aim assist and you can do pve until you figure out how to move and look at the same time without spinning and staring at the sky

there's also lots(?) of australia goons who will play with you I assume I dunno I'm not one of them but they seem alright

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cpaf posted:

You on PS4? We have a clan and a PS4 chat thread with about 35 dudes in there. Lots are coming back for ROI.

The game plays perfectly well with a controller but if you really do prefer a kbm then you can look at a XIM4 if they are in stock.

You will start a little behind but it's easy to catch up.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

hello i played destiny at launch on xbox 360 and cleared all the pve content and then played a bit of pvp and got bored and sold the game

im considering getting it again since the new thing is coming out or whatever

is the game pretty different and/or more fleshed out and fun etc

thanks

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Savage

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

You on PS4? We have a clan and a PS4 chat thread with about 35 dudes in there. Lots are coming back for ROI.

The game plays perfectly well with a controller but if you really do prefer a kbm then you can look at a XIM4 if they are in stock.

You will start a little behind but it's easy to catch up.

Yeah I'm on PS4, good to hear there's a decent quality of life for Ausgoons. I'll pick it up when I get some dollarydoos

e: It's not really worth getting anything short of the latest expansion right? I don't really care about playing through the story as its meant to be played or any of that crap

Thinking fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 11, 2016

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

cpaf posted:

Yeah I'm on PS4, good to hear there's a decent quality of life for Ausgoons. I'll pick it up when I get some dollarydoos

e: It's not really worth getting anything short of the latest expansion right? I don't really care about playing through the story as its meant to be played or any of that crap

Well at this point I think all you can buy is the game + all expansions unless you're buying an old physical disk, and gently caress that

just get The Collection, they changed all the old stuff and rolled it all together anyway

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

pissdude posted:

hello i played destiny at launch on xbox 360 and cleared all the pve content and then played a bit of pvp and got bored and sold the game

im considering getting it again since the new thing is coming out or whatever

is the game pretty different and/or more fleshed out and fun etc

thanks

Good news, there is tons of new content; bad news, 360 isn't getting any of it.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Good news, there is tons of new content; bad news, 360 isn't getting any of it.

I wonder how many people that were on last gen decided to come back for the expansion with this surprise waiting for them.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

director's cut of that gif includes a 2-for-1 like fifteen seconds later.

"that guy killed all of us with Truth, should we bunch up again?"

"sgtm"

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

What's the daily PvP mode?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CheeseFactory posted:

What's the daily PvP mode?

Rift

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

boz posted:

I wonder how many people that were on last gen decided to come back for the expansion with this surprise waiting for them.
Man, gently caress them. With last gen consoles out of the picture we might be able to get in inventory screen without loading time or even an extra row to store stuff in the vault. Heady stuff, I know.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Accommodations for last gen consoles delenda est

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Cool thanks.

Glad it is Rumble again.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Wowza, rip those guys.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Xur leave early or something? The slacker.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's Sunday????!!?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Obsurveyor posted:

Somebody forgot

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

Xur takes the Sabbath seriously, c'mon man

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Somebody forgot

Quoted for truth. :shobon:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Grey Fox posted:

Xur takes the Sabbath seriously, c'mon man

Does Xur's Schedule Prejudice Sabbath Observers? posted:

Xur surprised me today - i did not know he leaves so early on Sundays and was working for that last coin to buy some legendary gear (it was my first time buying from him today).

I observe the Sabbath from sundown Friday until one hour after sundown on Saturday.

For 25 hours I cannot use electronics or work.

As a Destiny fan who is finally at the level where I can start buying from Xur, I was disappointed to find that he disappeared early on Sunday.

Why can't this vendor, who is the main source of exotics, stick around until the end of the weekend?

It's frustrating for me because I only needed one more strange coin to purchase some gear I really needed.

Is this Xurs usual pattern or was it just this weekend (I know there was an issue that he didn't have weapons for sale)?

Also, is there any chance of Bungie tweaking his schedule so us Sabbath observers can have him around as much as others do?

I google searched Xur Sabbath just out of curiosity. Came across this, didn't even know Sabbath also included Friday and Saturday.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
To be honest he should just appear on random days. Just to gently caress with people.

Not knowing when he will be back would make strange coins far more strategic in how we use them.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

:argh: Strikers are ruined bungo!! :argh:

They must've been miffed after this game

https://youtu.be/ns_d4ZwprNQ

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I haven't played in like a year

Please tell me Crucible is nothing but veteran sweaty players now, and not that bungo is still using my pvp stats from a year ago to do SBMM with

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

victrix posted:

Please tell me Crucible is nothing but veteran sweaty players now, and not that bungo is still using my pvp stats from a year ago to do SBMM with

Yeah

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

victrix posted:

yeah but if you make an character on a separate psn account and pop a spark of light you will get perfect connections and pull 4+ KDs against max geared teams with flawless trials emblems

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Ularg posted:

I google searched Xur Sabbath just out of curiosity. Came across this, didn't even know Sabbath also included Friday and Saturday.

Nah just depends on what flavor of worship somebody's into. Guys either Jewish or 7th day Adventist.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Roman posted:

yeah but if you make an character on a separate psn account and pop a spark of light you will get perfect connections and pull 4+ KDs against max geared teams with flawless trials emblems

Jesus christ :eng99:

I'm ok with 'I suck'

I'm slightly less ok with 'I suck and the game still thinks I'm some type of hot poo poo so enjoy these matches against ball crushers'

How does party matchmaking work now? Specifically if I group with friends who have low pvp stats, will they get assfucked if I'm in the party?

I saw that ARs look to be sorta usable and pulses got nerfed a bit, so that's something I guess :unsmith:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'll never have a use or get rid of my Spark of Light, or my raisins. Will be hard even using my 40 pumpkin heads.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Need more people to inform the thread that they're back and ask if the game is good now

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Nobody cares and no it's not

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Call of Cholula posted:

Nobody cares and no it's not

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ularg posted:

I'll never have a use or get rid of my Spark of Light, or my raisins. Will be hard even using my 40 pumpkin heads.

I at last made a Warlock recently, decided to keep it and used my Spark, and oops. Spark seems good but all it does it delete twenty five supers you can Bounty to in the opening seconds of a match, and the subclass leveling that doesn't happen during this time leaves you bitched out.

Still, had a blast going bananas on teams with Khvostov and Nox Revus II for a few days just for laughs. Really looking forward to the Khvo Exotic, it has potential.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadwing posted:

Hahaha just had a 30 kill game + Reign of Terror with the fuckin Dregs Promise I swear this poo poo is too much fun

Give it a try :buddy:

I never got a Dregs Promise :saddowns:

Got both Y1 and Y2 versions of the other two guns, no DP. Like gently caress am I gonna try to grind for one, either.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

marauderthirty posted:

I never got a Dregs Promise :saddowns:

Got both Y1 and Y2 versions of the other two guns, no DP. Like gently caress am I gonna try to grind for one, either.

If you do POE/COE with any regularity you'll get one - all of the queens exotics drop as endgame rewards with decent frequency

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

One thing I didn't recognize at first is that the addition of all the greens dropping makes planetary materials even less of an issue. Just put on the right ghost and you're swimming in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Call of Cholula posted:

If you do POE/COE with any regularity you'll get one - all of the queens exotics drop as endgame rewards with decent frequency

I got like five queenbreaker bows and nothing else. :geno:

• Locked thread