Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Could just be an elevated risk factor too. Won't know until the full tests. I have suffered a decrease in vision since my last visit 3 years ago, but I went from 20/15 to 20/20 vision. And given I'm in my mid/late 30's not unusual.

Your vision changing from 20/15 to 20/20 is an entirely different measure from the health of your cornea. Make sure your blood pressure is controlled, and otherwise follow the advice of your ophthalmologist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The specific term they used with me was assets that were gifted in excess of my amount spent, with an acknowledgement that I had the option to return anything in excess of that amount to the previous owner.

Right, so read that "Yeah, keeping THAT money, at least."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

UGH can't b elieve this needs to be said in this dead gay comedy forum in the year of our lord two thousand and sixteen but guys doxxing is bad

And it happens here literally every hour, and triples every second, and you guys are just so weird and dumb

Haha I told those fuckos, hope the guys back over in the cool guys forum think I'm cool for saying that, lets go refresh and see what they ahve to say about that

In the time it took me to read your post, I was doxxed 7 times by 4 different people. You are cool, friend. They will welcome you with open arms now! :hfive:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheLightPurges posted:

Also if anyone wants to laugh at how broken the Cattepillar is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkmPnG4z4B0

The first 30 seconds kinda sums up the whole vid.

This has been bothering me for a while, but i couldn't put my finger on it...
Why does the damned radar bob at a different speed than everything else? Like, different speed rest of the HUD *and* the helmet *and* the view?

Come to think of it, why is everyfuckingthing bobbing independently.

Wth is happening.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

MoMA the backer barometer is doing a good job of laying out the "Missing the forest for the Trees" type argument true believers have been using. It's actually a really enlightening example on why so many people are so invested in the project.

It isn't even about the project. The fake demos aren't being considered. Chris Robert's past isn't being considered. The time isn't being considered, any one of a hundred red flags do not exist when you encapsulate and segregate each argument down into it's simplest form.

So MoMA (and most backers) true belief rests on "2.6 THIS YEAR" and "2.6 THIS FRIDAY" and "MULTI CREW SHIP SIX MONTHS" and "STAR MARINE EXISTS" type arguments completely divorced from the bigger picture. Each specific point can be argued until the end of the universe if you are a big enough shitlord so you are never wrong. Even if you are 100% obviously wrong and it cracks your delusion and you start to doubt, it's still a completely meaningless tree in a forest of idiot rear end in a top hat decisions. So what if 2.6 doesn't come out this year if you've compartmentalized it into a .00005% portion while pretending 99.99995% of the situation doesn't even exist.

Sure MoMA is surrounded by piles of lumber from 273 different destroyed arguments, but hey look, another tree right there! People are hitting it with axes? Hey another tree! This one is full of termites? Hey another Tree! This forest will last forever!

great post

part of the joy of this thread for me now, is that i think derek is of a similar nature but he has "turned to the dark side". it's just words on words on words from both sides, massive, colossal nitpicky arguments

it's fun to watch two word clouds smash into one another

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

orcinus posted:

This has been bothering me for a while, but i couldn't put my finger on it...
Why does the damned radar bob at a different speed than everything else? Like, different speed rest of the HUD *and* the helmet *and* the view?

Come to think of it, why is everyfuckingthing bobbing independently.

Wth is happening.

True fidelity waiting for vr_enabled to be set to 1

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

fuckin moses that's cute

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like I'm getting it all back.

Question Beer, did that include ships gifted into your account?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

You're supposed to apply it evenly, Chris, not dump it all in a bucket and stick your head in it.

For someone who's supposedly married to an Australian (twice), he doesn't seem to understand tan development all that well…

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The specific term they used with me was assets that were gifted in excess of my amount spent, with an acknowledgement that I had the option to return anything in excess of that amount to the previous owner.

That's bullshit though. Like someone said before, you can return a physical item someone else bought for you. Same applies here. It does not matter who paid for it, the value is in your account. If they refuse that's just to either discourage people or because their system can't handle it.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Today was the last day for 2.6 to go to PTU. Its not coming today it looks like lol

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Star Citizen: If you are hoping for nothing,then they will deliver

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hopper posted:

That's bullshit though. Like someone said before, you can return a physical item someone else bought for you. Same applies here. It does not matter who paid for it, the value is in your account. If they refuse that's just to either discourage people or because their system can't handle it.

Unless you were doing some sort of money laundering with your account, or some other kind of fraud, go for refunding the full amount.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lack of weekly schedule news is interesting. Either they are keeping it really tight to surprise with a SQ42 demo or they really have fuckall to show.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

In the time it took me to read your post, I was doxxed 7 times by 4 different people. You are cool, friend. They will welcome you with open arms now! :hfive:

Shouldn't have posted those nudes then. Just sayin.

(Let me tell you, you got back AND you are STACKED!)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

He's just getting ready for his holiday vacation to the Caymans

Also wait for the grey to disappear by Friday

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

MedicineHut posted:

Lack of weekly schedule news is interesting. Either they are keeping it really tight to surprise with a SQ42 demo or they really have fuckall to show.

What does your heart tell you?

They always have gently caress all to show

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MedicineHut posted:

Either they are keeping it really tight to surprise with a SQ42 demo

no that's not it

MedicineHut posted:

or they really have fuckall to show.

there it is

:same:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Samizdata posted:

Right, so read that "Yeah, keeping THAT money, at least."

When Variable closed his account they returned some items to me. I had to call them out on it though. I'm curious as to what they would do if the excess money was supposed to go to an account that had already been closed.

ripptide posted:

Question Beer, did that include ships gifted into your account?

It appears so, up to the total spent on the account.

Hopper posted:

Their supposed argument is "money laundering" but in reality it's because they want to keep as much money as possible. I checked the total value of my account before I requested a refund and the total value of the packages is less than the total value I spent, so that shouldn't be a problem. I made sure to keep track of every expense before I requested a refund so if they do something like lock or close my account before settling the funds I'll be able to call them out and provide a proper complaint. I'm getting the impression that they really don't want to do that though. Ray has been very polite and professional in his exchanges with me, which I appreciate.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

that includes the outline of the rug ffs.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When Variable closed his account they returned some items to me. I had to call them out on it though. I'm curious as to what they would do if the excess money was supposed to go to an account that had already been closed.

It appears so, up to the total spent on the account.

Their supposed argument is "money laundering" but in reality it's because they want to keep as much money as possible. I checked the total value of my account before I requested a refund and the total value of the packages is less than the total value I spent, so that shouldn't be a problem. I made sure to keep track of every expense before I requested a refund so if they do something like lock or close my account before settling the funds I'll be able to call them out and provide a proper complaint. I'm getting the impression that they really don't want to do that though. Ray has been very polite and professional in his exchanges with me, which I appreciate.

So how much are you actually getting back?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

intardnation posted:

that includes the outline of the rug ffs.

Every cloud developer has a silver lining.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

peter gabriel posted:

Is it literally just me left then?

I'm in for $45 still

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361430/community-manager-s-log-and-schedule-december-12th-2016/p1

:eyepop:

Star Citizen: If you are hoping for nothing, then they will deliver.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Fat Shat Sings posted:

point is they are just constantly making GBS threads where they eat. They live on these forums too but their only goal is to take them apart poster by poster with an endlessly train of trolls. It's not hard to go to https://www.sonicautists.com and say "Hey guys, just want to remind you, the blue hedgehog isn't actually a person and doesn't have thoughts and feelings of his own. He is a video game character and not a real person."

But nope. Zero effort / Zero stakes / Zero point constant shitlording of their own habitat.
Have you considered the possibility that they are long game trolls from sonicautists.com?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I am disappointed to learn that sonicautists.com is not a real site

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Chin posted:

Have you considered the possibility that they are long game trolls from sonicautists.com?

mein gott

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
are they gonna roll out them sq42 vignettes on friday or what

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

pls ask your spies what happened to discolando, he still hasn't posted the commlink schedule

he also hasn't posted the price of the new jpeg, which they said they would do one week in advance

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Foo Diddley posted:

I am disappointed to learn that sonicautists.com is not a real site

same :smith:

I didn't even suspect it wasn't real

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

pls ask your spies what happened to discolando, he still hasn't posted the commlink schedule

he also hasn't posted the price of the new jpeg, which they said they would do one week in advance

Lando probably got stimpire'd for reminding Chris that they needed to actually have something to show on the stream.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

Coming next week: the Road to the Holiday Live Stream, with forty-six minutes of exclusive footage of CIG loving up yet another self-imposed deadline

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Daztek posted:

what's more upsetting

that the citizens are showing signs of revolt over lando not updating the comm link?

or that they're upset because the latest jpeg sale price hasn't been posted

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sappo569 posted:

what's more upsetting

that the citizens are showing signs of revolt over lando not updating the comm link?

or that they're upset because the latest jpeg sale price hasn't been posted

With numbers like these, I don't think the new concept sale is very far off

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Daztek posted:

he did this last week and the "inform backers of the price a week in advance" has only been fulfilled a few times. Dont want citizens to actually expect anything.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

With numbers like these, I don't think the new concept sale is very far off

it is still appalling to me that more than ten or five dollar increments of money is coming from anywhere

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:smuggo: - "Lol if you idiots think that exploration is going to be hard to make work with only 100 planets you haven't been paying attention."

:allears: - "So then how are they going to make it work?"

:smuggo: - "I literally have no loving idea."

lol

e: the actual "you haven't been paying attention" guy's response is somehow even better:

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

XK posted:

Laughing at a completely incompetent company with a $140 million in pre-orders just seems a much better topic than a few dozen people who may have bought $10 accounts on the same forums as yourself.

I'm not totally against us being laughed at, there is some stupid stuff that happens in here, like comparisons to episodes of Community.

FYAD should be on-board with exposing CIG's nonsense.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

alf_pogs posted:

it is still appalling to me that more than ten or five dollar increments of money is coming from anywhere

I'm almost positive that they factor in interest made on the bankroll. $11,031 isn't made in a 2 hour timeframe off some poo poo Aurora starter package because (?)

doggo tax:

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 14, 2016