Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

Ratmtattat posted:

So apparently they nerfed cooldowns today. Used to be that you could draw up a line, and even if a toon didn't attack, their cooldown would reduce by 1 if their line was selected. Now, if the toon doesn't attack, they don't have a cooldown reduction.

Here's a video from DaBearsFan06 showing the change:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErVFkaWhFuE

I hope they revert this change. It sucks that now 0 cd toons are even more valuable.

Holy poo poo, I thought I was just imagining it or it was a bug. That's pretty weird. In the last PvP thing, when I was tearing through lines, it was through that PreemptAll dude I had. The next fight doesn't carry over the cooldowns you've "earned" so I can't see what the point is for doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Probably just to make dungeons that much harder so you have to spend money on supplies to actually get through them.

It seems like such a little thing, but it can completely wreck atgs since they won't really have much of a chance to get their cds down.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I'd be pretty furious if I had just spent money on that valentines ATG legendary. Good thing I don't spend on this poo poo game.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The "bug" was supposedly fixed last night, for what it's worth.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Now if they could just fix the "bug" with inspirit and the "bug" with voxite drop rates and the "bug" with every week something new being changed to make you spend more and more money on the game if you want to even be mediocre.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Man, this event sucks. In the PvP at least I was having fun even if I didn't do well.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, looks like I won't be playing this game. Having to play it every hour and a half to not feel like I'm wasting resources is getting tired (especially now that I'm soon to get a job), plus knowing that I have no reason to play the game for a whole week around once a month is a big turn off.

Plus I just get really sad when I look at the three fighters I'm working on that I know will never be in the band because they suck so much. :(

I'm going to look around for a game that doesn't have these paragon events and that you only need to log in maybe 2-3 times a day to keep your energy from maxing out.

Anyway, this weekend I'll write up a list of all the supposedly non-useless fighters I have so I can give them all away. I'll keep the thread bookmarked for quite a while to be sure I at least give away as much as I was given. Thanks for helping me guys, and sorry it didn't pan out.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Is there since trick to making money in this game besides getting 3-4 texi per fight?

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
The money situation is weird in this game. Real Money is so obviously the focus of everything, that what they sort of forgot to do is make it at least seem like it's easy to accrue the fake version. You can sell the gear you pick up for pathetically tiny amounts, but that's about the only thing you can sell.
So really, the answer's no. But I've somehow managed to rack up enough texi to work on my second Blazing Blue Swords, so you clearly do get some decent amount.
It's probably like Pixite, which spends most of the month drat near useless, until there's one event where you can actually exchange it in for stuff. Which, btw, is this event as they've actually added in the Edge fighters in their unevolved form.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
So gear will drop eventually or are you talking about selling leftovers?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Some events used to drop 9+ texis per fight. It adds up after a while.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

WeX Majors posted:

The money situation is weird in this game. Real Money is so obviously the focus of everything, that what they sort of forgot to do is make it at least seem like it's easy to accrue the fake version. You can sell the gear you pick up for pathetically tiny amounts, but that's about the only thing you can sell.
So really, the answer's no. But I've somehow managed to rack up enough texi to work on my second Blazing Blue Swords, so you clearly do get some decent amount.
It's probably like Pixite, which spends most of the month drat near useless, until there's one event where you can actually exchange it in for stuff. Which, btw, is this event as they've actually added in the Edge fighters in their unevolved form.

Sooooo I should use these now?

(yeah that's a 0 at the end)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Well it's nice to hear that DeNA continues to come up with new and inventive ways of driving off their player base, I guess.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, here's a list of what I have to give:

Epics:

Jamshad
Ebustrone 3/5
Ascepeyka
Shajahn
Tengra
Jinxan
Ataneedusu

Rares:

Jahangir
2x Getti
Natoporus
Aranthur 2/5
Owina
Vissera
Parvana
2x Evenglory 5/5
Evenglory 1/5
Aubyzant
Fourleaf
Assidhios
Lapinia
Ahassunu 2/5
Arahunaa
Serakh 1/5
Munati
Gregant
Amadiori (after event)

Uncommons:

Koadama 4/5
Fulmar 1/5
Natrina
Sohrab
Turan
Lamenthyst 4/5
Heartcloven 3/5
Eyaslin
Agu 1/5
Aralu 3/5
Nana 1/5
Erinys 3/5
Alsedim
Rimelia
Hema 4/5 (after event)
Thoragg (after event)

I think these are the only ones that might be worth anything. Anyone that wants something just offer a crappy uncommon for 3 of them and tell me what it is. I also have 2 bitters, 3 nux, and 16 glu to give away.

e: Done and done
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 22, 2014

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I'll take the Ataneedusu/Serakh 1/5 if that's ok :)
That's all -
I'll offer a frog

E: Offered a 2/5 lvl 7/28 "Gula" uncommon frog

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 21, 2014

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Kabobs, the answer is unceremoniously yes. It's the best batch of fighters I've seen for em, on part with what a normal batch is for the gold bits. You'll still get a lot of poo poo, but with the amount you have, it won't matter.

Also, since we technically have new players in here, I'll let them pick your bones (and they really should). But I did put up a babak for the nux and bitters.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'll take the...
Ascepeyka
Jinxan
Tengra

Gotta build up a couple of my element lines as they're weak.

Edit: threw up a fine Appan for them

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 21, 2014

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kaboobi posted:

I'll take the...
Ascepeyka
Jinxan
Tengra

Gotta build up a couple of my element lines as they're weak.

Edit: threw up a fine Appan for them

Alright, sent. 2 trades left for the day.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Mehuyael posted:

Alright, here's a list of what I have to give:

VVVVVVVVVVVV

I'll take Lapinia and Parvana. I put up a lvl 0 Illfond (uncommon Jinxan) for them.

double negative fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 22, 2014

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

double negative posted:

I'll take Lapinia and Parvana. I put up a lvl 0 Illfond (uncommon Jinxan) for them.

Alright, they're yours.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
I put a lowluck up for the jamshad, ebustrone, and shajahn.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Roseo posted:

I put a lowluck up for the jamshad, ebustrone, and shajahn.

Always wanted a lowluck, thanks.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Oh good, another week where everyone gets mad at everyone because theyreI doing the event wrong and everyone do g it wrong doesn't give a poo poo cause sieges are dumb.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
If you still care about the game, making a team that takes out the boss will carry you a lot farther than hitting sentries or taking out the castle.

I'll care someday when it doesn't demand so much time, because this seems to demand more of my tie devoted to it than any MMO I ever played.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Sadly you can't make this kind of team unless you dump poo poo tons of bitters/resources into getting a huge buff immolate band (which people overcharge for like crazy now) so good luck.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Just got this on my tablet and it's fun as hell when I'm killing time. Are there some things that I should absolutely do all the time? I know Marvel Puzzle quest always had poo poo to do every day.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Surprisingly, no. Nothing that you really need to do every day. Once you get to a certain level, you have the ability to trade hearts with people you've frendeded. Trade enough hearts, you get free nux bits.
Other than that, outside of the sales they occasionally have in the Real Money Store, you just play the event or trades when you reach a high enough level.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

WeX Majors posted:

Oh good, another week where everyone gets mad at everyone because theyreI doing the event wrong and everyone do g it wrong doesn't give a poo poo cause sieges are dumb.

So somehow I made crystal without spending much nux and this team chat is the single most unpleasant experience ever, there's some neo Nazi talking about eugenics and how everyone is stupid and deserves to die and a third of the team is trolling him and he has a few sycophants.
Coincidentally we're going to lose.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Yea, in general, stay the gently caress away from any chat system this game gives you. It's either friend code spam, or what you just dealt with.
In other positive news, I'm looking forward to this event. I feel like I have decent enough selection of 5/5 guys that I should do rather well in all three dungeons.
I'm not sure which dude I should be going after though, I'll have to look into that one.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Probably none of them too hard because this event's fighters are all pretty poo poo. Just get some trade fodder and hopefully make a few bitters. The big green bear should sell decently, if you can get him.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
What about the tremarine, the hydra chick with the pre empt? How is she when you remove the edge?

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

WeX Majors posted:

What about the tremarine, the hydra chick with the pre empt? How is she when you remove the edge?

Not very good. Low attack and 1cd preempt at 5/5.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
So I've got a bit of a request.
I've got two fighters that I could potentially evolve up to Legendary. I've got an http://defenderoftexel.wikia.com/wiki/Adabi at 2/5, and a http://defenderoftexel.wikia.com/wiki/Maskim at 2/5 as well. I've been trading steadily towards getting a fire demon riding a giant fire dragon, but all of the trades that aren't $30 worth of in game items have sorta dried up. So does anyone have any rare versions that they're willing to trade me? Just curious

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I have one of the rares. I'm about to quit the game so no need to put up anything of value for it.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
one gula afford for one marekh good sir.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Traded. Hopefully it was the right one.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Oh yea, I got it. These last twelve are gonna be a pain in the rear end though.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax
So i'm trying to break into hard mode in the PVE events. Is it possible to get through them without having to use tons of GLU? Here's what my team looks like right now:

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Good news, you're not doing anything wrong!
Bad news, you're hosed.

It's better if you realize that the 4Star dungeons and poo poo like that ilk, aren't built for players like you and me. They're for the Whales who drop $30 (or more!) on every event build to ensure they have the newest dude who has 800% edge, or dudes who have line(s) of Legendaries with whatever current fighter is OP as backup.

What everyone has told me, and thus I pass on to you, is to narrow your focus. Work towards getting Epics, and then work towards getting as many 5/5s as you can. I'd tell you to work towards Legendaries, but I honestly don't know how the gently caress you can do that these days.

Look towards Trading as the third thing to do in the game once your nux and energy have run out, that's how important it is. Consciously make an effort to be up around the time the particular event ends, and the new fighters are first eligible for trade.

When it comes to gear, you should be saving all of the texi towards getting the Blazing Blue Swords, and getting them to 5/5. a 30% chance for another attack when paired with a dude who does a form of pre-empt is loving insane.

I've actually got almost all the fighters you've got in that band, so I'll help you out. Put up an offer for the Neversaw, Blackspill, Tiercelm, and the Bonavoxa. Make it something lovely, and don't forget to make one of the trades with three of the dudes on there to save your trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax

WeX Majors posted:

I've actually got almost all the fighters you've got in that band, so I'll help you out. Put up an offer for the Neversaw, Blackspill, Tiercelm, and the Bonavoxa. Make it something lovely, and don't forget to make one of the trades with three of the dudes on there to save your trades.

I definitely appreciate the offer, but my guys are all 5/5 SEF so I wouldn't be able to do much with any other copies of these monsters. I feel like my team composition is what really needs work. I have 3 champs, 3 rogues, and 3 gurus. I haven't really been able to find any use for warlock or scout-class monsters.

I assume that tanky champs with hard hitting AOEs are the way to go to get far in PVE. Is there one in particular that I should be looking to get? I have a decent amount of bitters for trades.

• Locked thread