Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Guillermus posted:

Hey, Spain is been like that since the 16th century and we don't even care :haw:
So you’ve had generations to get used to it, that’s the difference.

edit: I'm saying that a game about American nationalism right now is riding on the crest of a wave of a bunch of serious social problems (and in a realistic setting unlike Wolfenstein) and if Ubisoft goes all in on it that's more ballsy than I expect from them. The first AC, Far Cry 3 and so on were honestly milquetoast as hell in comparison but in the former they put up a silly warning at the beginning of the game and for the latter they had some amount of backlash already.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

spudsbuckley posted:

You Americans really get hung up on this poo poo.

Relax and play videogames.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
In today's day and age you have to make sure video games match your political opinions to enjoy it. loving legionnaire colossi.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Just lol if you ever feel guilt for killing someone in a video game

This. If it moves, kill it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

shut up blegum posted:

It happened, I pre-ordered the deluxe version of far cry 5 :downsgun:

I am tempted because I would absolutely play remastered Far Cry 3 (while skipping every single cutscene) but I'm still not sure those two games are worth $90.

I wish we would get more info on the Burnout Paradise remaster

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
the cult from everything i have read and watched seems to be a mix of branch davidians meets prepper christian ISIS and always has been. they are probaly right wing. alot of weird psycho fundie cults do. but it never seemed like they were going wolfenstein with it. i am sure they will have some stuff in it. but saying "gently caress trump/alt right" was never the focus. i think most people just assumed that when the cover image got shown, but i always got a ISIS/fundie death sect type vibe from the trailer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Ubisoft walked back the whole white supremacist angle, or else it wasn't really there to begin with and they just played up the connotation for marketing purposes.

it was never there. someone leaked the key art and people made assumptions based off it. once the trailers came out it was obvious it was more religious nuts then racist ones.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it was never there. someone leaked the key art and people made assumptions based off it. once the trailers came out it was obvious it was more religious nuts then racist ones.

The trailer with the American flag fluttering in the wind and rural imagery combined with "This Land is Your Land" seemed pretty on-the-nose to me.

Anyway the history of Christian Dominionism within the US is inseparable from white supremacy anyway sooooo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

The trailer with the American flag fluttering in the wind and rural imagery combined with "This Land is Your Land" seemed pretty on-the-nose to me.

Anyway the history of Christian Dominionism within the US is inseparable from white supremacy anyway sooooo

its not this land is your land, guthrie used the same/similar melody to this older song. its https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxo-zayI6tE

like i said, they are probaly right wing as gently caress. i just don't think ubi is going for the full alt right thing, and getting pissed at them for something they wernt aiming to do seems counter productive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hm, I didn't notice they were using lyrics from the Carter Family song in that trailer before. It makes sense since the original is much more of a spiritual. I don't really have a horse in this race, I just think it's strange and a little bit cynical how even political views are commoditized to sell consumer products. That being said I'll happily buy the first game that can make good on its promise to finally Kill All Men.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Hm, I didn't notice they were using lyrics from the Carter Family song in that trailer before. It makes sense since the original is much more of a spiritual. I don't really have a horse in this race, I just think it's strange and a little bit cynical how even political views are commoditized to sell consumer products. That being said I'll happily buy the first game that can make good on its promise to finally Kill All Men.

its fine. id be cool with either in the game because id dislike fundies and the nazis.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I got all the Hostess from CP Exchange and walked around Sotenbori hiring any I could find. Next time I log on I'm going to turn this loving business into a Cabaret Palace.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Samuringa posted:

I got all the Hostess from CP Exchange and walked around Sotenbori hiring any I could find. Next time I log on I'm going to turn this loving business into a Cabaret Palace.

Make sure you get that grandma. She was my workhorse. No joke.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CaptainScraps posted:

Make sure you get that grandma. She was my workhorse. No joke.

Same

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea she's legitimately the best gold hostess. the side quest hostesses are generally better than the generic ones, but that one was always the most useful for me

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

But the only commodity poo poo came from people who desperately wanted FC5 to be a Trump shooter simulator. Ubi didn't market it around right wing politics.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

At the Ubi press events the lead dev said he was inspired by looking at the sovereign citizen movements and the Bundys, though of course there's a difference between inspiration and what ends up after getting filtered through layers and layers of development

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Whatever the outcome: :killing:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

At the Ubi press events the lead dev said he was inspired by looking at the sovereign citizen movements and the Bundys, though of course there's a difference between inspiration and what ends up after getting filtered through layers and layers of development

I still don't see how that relates to gaming websites wailing about how the game didn't take an anti-Trump stance.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does the XCOM 2 expansion pack still make the game’s performance take a big ol’ messy poo poo or does it work ok now?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There was a decided transition in the marketing between the initial story trailers that focused on "THE RESISTANCE" and later ones which focused on the coop "race monster trucks with your friends" though that mix seems fair to me.

I have a feeling I know which gaming websites you're talking about and none of them were wailing because they all started cynical and skeptical about the game having any kind of coherent message in the first place. The most wailing and direct political rhetoric came from GamerGaters that said "THIS GAME SAYS IT'S OK TO KILL TRUMP SUPPORTERS" which, like, if you see the enemies in Far Cry 5 and you see yourself, well

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey man if you wanna talk about gamergate that's all on you, I'm just talking about the people in this thread who complain about Ubi walking back on themes that were never there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Actually you were talking about gaming websites wailing

Anyway, I thought New Colossus's take was relatively hot if you consider the general political rhetoric you see in games, it explicitly said that Middle America was generally regressive and would accept fascism and slavery if that's the way the political wind blows

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 13, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
As well as people in this thread, and gamers in general. Discussion is more than one post, friend.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. mafia 3 with me. the story is good and while the mission structure is repetitive, it works thematically and the gun play is fun and meaty as gently caress(alot of guns have great kick to them).

Hell yeah, I was beginning to think I was the only one that loved Mafia 3. drat fine game and excellent atmosphere.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

Hell yeah, I was beginning to think I was the only one that loved Mafia 3. drat fine game and excellent atmosphere.

Now that's a game that lets you gleefully murder white supremacists

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea she's legitimately the best gold hostess. the side quest hostesses are generally better than the generic ones, but that one was always the most useful for me

I got Erranda, which was hilarious, and Dolly which...is a bit weird, to be honest. Next time I'll see how they fare.

I want to at least take out Club Mars before progressing the story but this is a lot harder than Real State, but also has actual gameplay so it evens out.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Spyro Trilogy remaster rumored to come Q3 for 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yessssssssss

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Samuringa posted:

I got Erranda, which was hilarious, and Dolly which...is a bit weird, to be honest. Next time I'll see how they fare.

I want to at least take out Club Mars before progressing the story but this is a lot harder than Real State, but also has actual gameplay so it evens out.

If you think Dolly is weird, wait until you get Unknown, yes that's her name.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Monster Hunter, the Horizon Watcher palico's lights also go from blue to red when you enter combat. A good cosmetic

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I took out Club Mars and realized I'm a loving imbecile

I never got it that when you're selecting a Hostess for a client, their Mood icon change depending on how compatible they were, I always thought I just had to choose the best Sexy/Beauty/Cute/Funny one. :doh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I never got it that when you're selecting a Hostess for a client, their Mood icon change depending on how compatible they were, I always thought I just had to choose the best Sexy/Beauty/Cute/Funny one. :doh:

sorry but lmao

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does the XCOM 2 expansion pack still make the game’s performance take a big ol’ messy poo poo or does it work ok now?

The expansion makes it run worse. Don’t buy xcom2 on ps4.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Samuringa posted:

Let me blow your mind; you can also swap hostesses mid-session. If a high roller comes in and demands a specific person, but that person is busy, just free them up by assigning someone else to that table. Eventually you have to juggle a bunch of people like that and exploit Sunshine Time to turn unhappy people into happy ones.

Sega where's my Cabaret Club mobile game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I'm pretty sure Diner Dash is on phones

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Let me blow your mind; you can also swap hostesses mid-session. If a high roller comes in and demands a specific person, but that person is busy, just free them up by assigning someone else to that table. Eventually you have to juggle a bunch of people like that and exploit Sunshine Time to turn unhappy people into happy ones.

Are you loving kidding me? How the hell do I do that and why wasn't it in the tutorial?

edit: I do love the mental image of the client having his Hostess swapped

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Are you loving kidding me? How the hell do I do that and why wasn't it in the tutorial?

you just select the table and put a new hostess there iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There was a decided transition in the marketing between the initial story trailers that focused on "THE RESISTANCE" and later ones which focused on the coop "race monster trucks with your friends" though that mix seems fair to me.

I have a feeling I know which gaming websites you're talking about and none of them were wailing because they all started cynical and skeptical about the game having any kind of coherent message in the first place. The most wailing and direct political rhetoric came from GamerGaters that said "THIS GAME SAYS IT'S OK TO KILL TRUMP SUPPORTERS" which, like, if you see the enemies in Far Cry 5 and you see yourself, well

there was a bad hot take polygon article about it a month or two where the author got mad it wasnt doing white nationalists right(when they never werek but yeah, its mostly GG dumbfucks. games looks cool. day one buy and it makes dumb fucks mad.

precision posted:

yeah. its sucks about the repitition though. its not really the gameplay itself more then its the same beats over and over again, go to donavan, then go find 2 shitheads, then do 10 or so missions for each poo poo head, then knife or "recrute" a sub boss shithead, then kill big shithead. thing is the moment to moment works. it just needed to be more "alive" and dynamic.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 14, 2018