Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Man it really bothers me that if you go to read discussion elsewhere about shows like the Apprentice and I'm a Celebrity it's SO racist and sexist now.
Really grim. Yea of course Reddit has always been a cesspool but a lot of people go there and to have people constantly kicking off about the Apprentice favouring women is kinda worrying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:agreed: being contestants on The Apprentice, they are all deserving of equal derision

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

tbf to this little ginger fella "fair enough mate" is a top apprentice reaction to getting sacked

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
That man is bald as an egg. The hairpiece is actually pretty good

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

This week's Gladiators had the most incredible upset on the eliminator. Glad I'm not a betting man.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Pottery Throwdown; Donna is amazing but she's an art teacher with a degree in ceramics. Seems a bit unfair.

The standard is insane this year though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Fatty posted:

Pottery Throwdown; Donna is amazing but she's an art teacher with a degree in ceramics. Seems a bit unfair.

Lol, that is unfair. I genuinely wish producers worked harder to keep the contestants a bit poo poo for these shows. More likable.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

reality_groove posted:

This week's Gladiators had the most incredible upset on the eliminator. Glad I'm not a betting man.

Such a fumble! If I were the loser I'd be absolutely kicking myself

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Fatty posted:

Yea like her stuff NO MATTER WHAT looks like they've bought it from a shop because it's so good
Everyone else has moments of brilliance but I don't really know how they expect anyone to really compete

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
For the Pottery Throwdown fans: The Great Canadian Pottery Throw Down! It started last week.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Have folk twigged yet that one of the reasons they like Gladiators back on the telly is because it's some genuine competition between contestants rather than a bunch of wanky judges giving us their opinions on what they're seeing.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DaWolfey posted:

For the Pottery Throwdown fans: The Great Canadian Pottery Throw Down! It started last week.

Ooooo drat yes I wanna see more pottery throwsdown. Are the judges good?

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Kin posted:

Have folk twigged yet that one of the reasons they like Gladiators back on the telly is because it's some genuine competition between contestants rather than a bunch of wanky judges giving us their opinions on what they're seeing.

Mostly it’s actually just the big muscles and Lycra

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
And nostalgia…

Legend is a poor substitute for wolf, like…

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I like Viper

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
RIP big Wrighty :(

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, that one came out of nowhere.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i was really looking forward to him having a Big Show again on the new BBC radio channel

seemed a really lovely man - he read out a few of my texts and emails over the years

HopperUK posted:

I like Viper

with his resting war face :)

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Fatty posted:

Yeah I think they're trying to give us this story about how she stepped away for a time and is maybe unsure of herself and all this and I don't doubt that it's true but she's walked into that room clearly being far more capable and knowledgable than the others. I like her a lot and her stuff is great every week but eh, she kind of stands out in whats supposed to be a competition for amateurs. I prefer having people like Dan who often looks like he's unsure of where he is.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

crispix posted:

i was really looking forward to him having a Big Show again on the new BBC radio channel

seemed a really lovely man - he read out a few of my texts and emails over the years

the format was a bit naff, but he talked to you unlike most DJs on commercial radio who talk at you as they get through the ad read, competition promo, line-up preview and then introduce the next song. There's very few DJs in radio who can make that sort of connection. Anyway, the funniest thing is big blue tick accounts on twitter lining up to attack the BBC for eulogising the man when they sacked him two years ago, and the hordes of howling shitgibbons agreeing that the new DJs suck and the station is going down hill when... the DJ line-up they have now was the Radio 1 line-up from about twenty years ago, and people who listened to Radio 1 twenty years ago are the exact demographic Radio 2 embraces. It's very weird

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

crispix posted:

with his resting war face :)

I like that one Gladiator they have who looks like they used a time machine to pull the actor who played Shang Tsung off Mortal Kombat the movie into present day largely on that basis.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
apparently steve wright proper stank. you wouldn't have wanted to share a lift with him. in that sense he was perfect for radio

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

apparently steve wright proper stank. you wouldn't have wanted to share a lift with him. in that sense he was perfect for radio

If anything that makes him worse for Radio, recording booths aren't exactly roomy or well ventilated.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Which currently active television personality smells the worst, it's Paul Hollywood.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Gregg Wallace after all those factory tours

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Doesn't the big man from THE CHASE notoriously smell? As well as being generally disliked. Perhaps the two are related.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i believe it was someone in this very thread who said they found out he deliberately didn't wash to piss off the production crew on the show

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
My wife once met Eric Knowles off the Antiques Roadshow and says his breath was the rankest she'd ever experienced.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the DJ line-up they have now was the Radio 1 line-up from about twenty years ago, and people who listened to Radio 1 twenty years ago are the exact demographic Radio 2 embraces. It's very weird

Boomers can be p insistent that Radio 2 is "their" station and anything that came out after they were 30 is way too modern to be played on a classics station.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Ooooo drat yes I wanna see more pottery throwsdown. Are the judges good?

I just watched the Canadian throwdown. It was good! Seth Rogen is a guest judge in the first episode so there wasn't much time for the other judges but I'm assuming it's just going to be the two of them going forward and he's just there for a ratings bump.

Some impressive pieces made week one. And it's done a good job of keeping the positive vibes of the original.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

ookiimarukochan posted:

Boomers can be p insistent that Radio 2 is "their" station and anything that came out after they were 30 is way too modern to be played on a classics station.

They should gently caress off to Radio 4 and/or Classic FM as God intended

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Aren't the BBC creating a second Radio 2 just to cater for them? And another Radio 1 for zoomers?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Scott Mills is terrible though? :/

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Radio 6 Music 4 Lyfe.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

crispix posted:

Scott Mills is terrible though? :/

I have terrible memories because his first job for Radio one was the early early breakfast show in 1999, and getting up at half four in the morning to go to work at McDs with him soundtracking it. He did do a great job on the Saturday morning 10-1 show when he was given that as it seemed like he and the rest of the team on that were working hungover

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

sebzilla posted:

They should gently caress off to Radio 4 and/or Classic FM as God intended

more like Heart/Magic/Gold, which seem to have the same playlists and given how little personalities their DJs have, they could use AI or chatbots to introduce records. Hell, whenever I happen to be listening to Gold at my mum's they don't even bother with DJs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A few old favourites have gone to Greatest Hits Radio including Mayo, Andy Crane, Ken Bruce, etc.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

more like Heart/Magic/Gold, which seem to have the same playlists and given how little personalities their DJs have, they could use AI or chatbots to introduce records. Hell, whenever I happen to be listening to Gold at my mum's they don't even bother with DJs

I'll take robots any day over DJs telling me that Steve in Durham is having spag bol for dinner. It's even made its way onto 6Music.

Do people actually enjoy hearing what other listeners have to say, or is it a bit of a weird echo chamber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

I have terrible memories because his first job for Radio one was the early early breakfast show in 1999, and getting up at half four in the morning to go to work at McDs with him soundtracking it. He did do a great job on the Saturday morning 10-1 show when he was given that as it seemed like he and the rest of the team on that were working hungover

he's atrocious on Radio 2 - I can't listen to it anymore with him presenting. He has absolutely no rapport with people who call in, he trips over his words constantly, his "bits" that he's come up with are at best tedious and one is infuriating (someone calls in and hums a bit of a tune they can't remember); he also did one where he asked people listening to use their car horn if they were sat in traffic which is dangerous and illegal. I gave up when he was telling an anecdote and forgot the point of it - how the hell do you even do that?!

he's just the worst, milkiest, most tepid cup of tea you've ever been given in human form :(