Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

Well, Rydia gets the same-game benefit and Tyro doesn't.

Doh. Forgot about that. Rydia is definitely useful on FFIV maps, but I haven't found her terribly useful on daily events yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you can clear the hard daily dungeons, even with all but cloud dead the for the love of god do it.

Hard daily orb dungeons give two star orbs as their default drop and occasionally a 3 star orb. Normal is 1 star orbs and rarely a 2 star orb, easy is just 2 star orbs. Farming hard means you can make more higher tier skills, and upgrade them. Getting fire/ice/lit element attacks for Cloud and taking them to level 2 so you have 4 uses of each means he can dump damage on lots of things and if you're really lucky you'll get enough 3 star materials in the process to make the attack, magic, and defense reducing 3 star attacks. Those are pretty vital for beating hard bosses that could otherwise wreck your party (like the last boss in the Mt. Ordeals event dungeon).

I have enough orbs to make almost two of each element attack right now. Except the power orbs. Do any missions drop power orbs other than the daily one? Because waiting until the middle of the week to get some good abilities for everyone would kind of blow. Also I just realized the armor and weapon enhance materials were different, after I used a bunch of armor enhance stuff on the buster sword. Whoops.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Nuebot posted:

I have enough orbs to make almost two of each element attack right now. Except the power orbs. Do any missions drop power orbs other than the daily one? Because waiting until the middle of the week to get some good abilities for everyone would kind of blow. Also I just realized the armor and weapon enhance materials were different, after I used a bunch of armor enhance stuff on the buster sword. Whoops.

Try Figaro Castle for Power Orbs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks! I'm not sure if I want to make multiple abilities so everyone's got a full compliment, first, or make one of each first then focus on upgrading them.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Grand Cup Hard is loving ridiculous, Mega Tonberry and Shady Duo are bullshit.

I love those teams. You really have to know your poo poo if you want to beat them early in the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Himuro posted:

Characters like Warrior and Black Mage suck. So far I haven't noticed a benefit of Rydia over Tyro.

Rydia's magic stat is around 120 at level 50. Tyro's is around 88.

Nuebot posted:

Thanks! I'm not sure if I want to make multiple abilities so everyone's got a full compliment, first, or make one of each first then focus on upgrading them.

It costs more to upgrade a skill than to make another one, so get everyone some skills then start upgrading them in the order of usefulness. Get 1 of each elemental attack before upgrading any as well, unless you really need 4 uses of a specific skill right that moment.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah I made a blizzard. Now I need to farm up some more orbs so I can make a fire.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

Tomorrow's daily dungeon should be power and another type.

e: Power/Black/White is Wednesday, apparently. Tomorrow is weapon upgrades.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 31, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Weapon upgrades will be good though, I can't wait to see what the bustersword does at max level.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Alxprit posted:

Try Figaro Castle for Power Orbs.

Is there a wiki or something where drops are listed? That would be super helpful.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

cirus posted:

Is there a wiki or something where drops are listed? That would be super helpful.

Doesn't seem like it. I just wrote what I got from experience. I always note-take for these kinds of games and it comes in handy for helping people!

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

cirus posted:

The official wiki is rather incomplete right now, but it does have drop locations listed under some items.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is Record Keeper like PuzzDra in that I should restart 50 times until I get one of a few certain items on my free draw? Are there anything similar to "Godfests"?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

Is Record Keeper like PuzzDra in that I should restart 50 times until I get one of a few certain items on my free draw? Are there anything similar to "Godfests"?

Right now there's an increased chance to get the buster sword. Which basically turns cloud into god. I guess if you really, really care you could restart until you get something awesome. I just stuck with my first roll since I got a 3* lance and that served me well enough until I took some mythril rolls and got lucky

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"I gave him my digits, just to watch him fidget!"

"How...macabre."

"I know, right?!"

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gologle posted:

"I gave him my digits, just to watch him fidget!"

"How...macabre."

"I know, right?!"

Jackal is the God drat best. He even sings it in falsetto.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
Few questions about FFRK:

1) I completed the classic dungeons that are out, but am finding the elites too hard. I barely scraped by Mako Reactor 1 Elite (VII) with only Tidus alive, everyones around level 19~ (Rydia, Tyco, Cloud, Tidus, Kain). Daily Dungeons have been good exp, but seem to only have good loot the first mastery. Still do them? Else, where get levels?

2) Is it worth bringing the generic classes/Wakka up to exp? PS: How good are growth eggs?

3) I don't have any four-star equipment or higher after a 5~ or so gambles with Mythril. Keep doing them?

4) With everything done, and being too underleveled for most Elits, what should I spend my stamina on?

5) I can't seem to combine any one star equipment. It just says 'Low leveled' over them.

6) What ability loadouts should I have/shoot for?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

No because it's apparently impossible to reroll for anything better than a 3 star item. Maybe there's some way to game the system heavily on future rolls but I imagine DeNA might notice and ban you for it even if so.

I'm just going to save my mithril now and hope that after the Buster Sword bonus duration is over we get the next batch of gear added and rate ups for it. Pulling a bunch right now is a terrible idea simply because there's a pathetic amount of 5 star equipment.

In Japan the gacha actually lists the % chance of getting a 3-4-5 star item and when the game came out 5 star items had something insane like a 5% chance, whereas now it's around 10% due to more stuff (of all 3 rarities) being available in there.

James Totes posted:

1) I completed the classic dungeons that are out, but am finding the elites too hard. I barely scraped by Mako Reactor 1 Elite (VII) with only Tidus alive, everyones around level 19~ (Rydia, Tyco, Cloud, Tidus, Kain). Daily Dungeons have been good exp, but seem to only have good loot the first mastery. Still do them? Else, where get levels?

2) Is it worth bringing the generic classes/Wakka up to exp? PS: How good are growth eggs?

3) I don't have any four-star equipment or higher after a 5~ or so gambles with Mythril. Keep doing them?

4) With everything done, and being too underleveled for most Elits, what should I spend my stamina on?

5) I can't seem to combine any one star equipment. It just says 'Low leveled' over them.

6) What ability loadouts should I have/shoot for?

If you can farm normal dailies then doing so will get you a lot of 1 star orbs and occasional 2 star orbs. Hard gives 2 star orbs and occasional 3 star orbs (you won't be able to do hard at lvl 19 unless you pulled a 5 star weapon and armor for someone like Cloud).

Generics are pretty universally awful from what I've seen of them. I've never seen a generic as a buddy unit in Japan either.

Save your mithril

Dailies if you can farm normal, otherwise maybe farm a normal dungeon that gives good XP and can occasionally drop relevant materials, like how Figaro can give power orbs.

Gear needs to be max leveled before it can be combined.

Up to you. I run Cloud/Tidus/Kain/Tyro/Rydia with sword/sword/dagger/harp on the first 4 characters (all 3 star weapons) and a crappy 1 star staff on Rydia I upgraded to 3 stars. Blade Bash is handy because its very low proc can work on some bosses, you also want the skill to boost attack (give it o Tyro, have him boost Cloud/Tidus on bosses, for example) and maybe salve on a character or two for when Cure alone isn't enough.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What does gear combining do?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Save your mithril

Eh I disagree because even a 4 star thing will be so, so much better than the garbage 2 star stuff you're probably finding by default and using your mythril now will probably make things easier at least

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Rydia's magic stat is around 120 at level 50. Tyro's is around 88.

The English official wiki says 68 for Tyro. Black Mage has 88.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Wait you can swap out Tyro? All mine does is spam cure when things get bad so I might just ditch him next exp event then. In the mean time: I like that you keep anything you get from a dungeon if you retreat between floors or whatever. So I keep doing hard of the weapon material one, because I know I could clear it. But in practice, I keep getting chumped by misses and random crits. Also random enemy placement making me fight nothing but behemoths.

EDIT: I can't stress how bullshit behemoths are, really. First round one opened up with meteor and took out half the party before I could even do anything.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Mar 31, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Wait you can swap out Tyro? All mine does is spam cure when things get bad so I might just ditch him next exp event then. In the mean time: I like that you keep anything you get from a dungeon if you retreat between floors or whatever. So I keep doing hard of the weapon material one, because I know I could clear it. But in practice, I keep getting chumped by misses and random crits. Also random enemy placement making me fight nothing but behemoths.

Yes you can. Personally I kept him just because he can use any equipment and ability, and I just don't have many options right now. When we get more characters I'll probably switch him out.

Mog
Nov 23, 2006

Pillbug
I'm really enjoying FFRK so far. I played PAD for a little over a year before getting burnt out and didn't feel bad spending a couple hundred on it. Hopefully getting in on the ground floor of this game will help me limit IAP but if the app makes it worthwhile I wouldn't mind spending to support it. Just disappointed that judging from the Japanese screenshots Mog won't be a playable character anytime soon (if ever). Of course I renamed Tyro as Mog at the beginning without even thinking about that, maybe someday I can go double Mog.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I assume there is no penalty to retreating from a map? I seem to be far better off running the first part of the normal daily and retreating then plowing through all three parts of the easy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tortolia posted:

I assume there is no penalty to retreating from a map? I seem to be far better off running the first part of the normal daily and retreating then plowing through all three parts of the easy.

No penalty, but if you finish a map entirely you get repeat rewards.

Anyone figure if there are maps worth farming yet? I can beat Elite FF7 maps, but not master them yet. The next one up was the Elite FFX ones but the boss of the first one was a bit too hard. It seems like the Elite maps have random really good drops if you're lucky

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

The first event giving Sephiroth and Tifa in FFRK is going live today at 6 PST.
It also has the opportunity to drop a Greater Summoning Orb which is a requirement for late game summons.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Event%20Info

My team is nearing 30 and I still can't get through the Hard mode. got level 10 4* axes on Kain and Tyro and Cloud has a synergy bonus level 10 3*. Got to the last stage and had a Behemoth finally Meteor me. :argh:

baram. fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 31, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

baram. posted:

Sephiroth and Tifa

Lol well bye Tyro!

Also I'm glad they made the unlocks this way, they could have easily made you roll for Sephiroth in a machine that cost real money and people would do it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also I'm glad they made the unlocks this way, they could have easily made you roll for Sephiroth in a machine that cost real money and people would do it

Well if FFXV does poorly we know how FFXVI will look.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I gave Cloud thunder strike, now I have enough for either fire or blizzard strike. What is more stuff weak to?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I gave Cloud thunder strike, now I have enough for either fire or blizzard strike. What is more stuff weak to?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

But they already made All The Bravest.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

James Totes posted:

Mako Reactor 1 Elite is gonna be way, way easier if you hone Thunder up a few times for Rydia and give Cloud Thunder Sword (Run through Figaro Castle a few times should give you enough Lesser X Orbs for it). It's still gonna be a bit of a slog since you can't attack during the tail up phase, but it's much more manageable if you can bring some Thunder down on it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

More stuff is weak to Ice (like Cagnazzo and whatever boss before that in FFIV dungeons), but more annoying bosses are weak to Fire (like Ipooh).

Is it worth running both Tyro and Rydia? I'd like more Magic versatility in the pool but don't know if that's giving up too much firepower. Rydia's limited equipment selection hurts her.

On the other hand Wakka's is nice, being able to use both chakrams and bows.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

e: :siren: Save your pulls until the event at 6PST because there should be a bunch of 5 star FF7 relics added to the rare summons, including weapon types for Sephiroth and Tifa. :siren:

Veib posted:

The English official wiki says 68 for Tyro. Black Mage has 88.

I guess I mixed up two bad black magic users. :shrug:

Either way, the benefit of Rydia over Tyro is that Tyro's a lovely magic user and Rydia is far better at it.

Eh I disagree because even a 4 star thing will be so, so much better than the garbage 2 star stuff you're probably finding by default and using your mythril now will probably make things easier at least

If you manage to pull one, sure, but there's almost always some kind of special rare summon thing going on so with any luck when the "only Buster Sword" thing ends it'll get replaced with a rate up and new set of 5 star gear, helping increase your odds of getting not-poo poo gear ever so slightly.

Unless you're pushing in to being able to reliably farm hard daily dungeons it's really best to consider saving unless your prior pulls have all been armor or gear your team can't all use, like a bunch of staves and no swords.

baram. posted:

The first event giving Sephiroth and Tifa in FFRK is going live today at 6 PST.
It also has the opportunity to drop a Greater Summoning Orb which is a requirement for late game summons.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Event%20Info

My team is nearing 30 and I still can't get through the Hard mode. got level 10 4* axes on Kain and Tyro and Cloud has a synergy bonus level 10 3*. Got to the last stage and had a Behemoth finally Meteor me. :argh:

Sephiroth is probably the most heavily used leader I see in Japan. Here's Sephiroth and Tifa's lvl 1 and 50 stats:

Sephiroth can't use elemental strikes like Cloud (I thought he could for some reason) but he can use 3 star black magic (meh) in addition to physical skills like the 3 star atk/def/matk reducers. His only weapons are daggers and katanas though. With any luck there should be a katana as a reward on some of the stages.

ApplesandOranges posted:

More stuff is weak to Ice (like Cagnazzo and whatever boss before that in FFIV dungeons), but more annoying bosses are weak to Fire (like Ipooh).

Is it worth running both Tyro and Rydia? I'd like more Magic versatility in the pool but don't know if that's giving up too much firepower. Rydia's limited equipment selection hurts her.

On the other hand Wakka's is nice, being able to use both chakrams and bows.

I run both Tyro and Rydia on my team. Tyro boosts attacks and either carries stuff like silence, or cure. Rydia goes in with 2 elemental spells for offense. I'll probably drop Rydia for Lenna once she's in because she can use lower level black magic and higher level white magic. Her limit break is a party-wide regen which is nice for boss fights.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 31, 2015

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
gently caress yes. Sephiroth and Tifa? I've been using my Mythril. :( Now I only have three! :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So is Slow worthless in RK? I thought it'd at least work for IV's bosses, seeing as it is king in that game, but it didn't work on Cagnazzo.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
So with I'm assuming it will be the same as the challenge that was in the Japanese version, The Ambition of Shinra and the Legend Reborn, in which case that's a lot of stages to clear.

The info I'm looking at from the Japanese version has it going up to floor 66-70 with about 3 stages per set of floors. There's a boss on floor 10 and floor 20, so I wonder if that continues to the top. That's a lot of bosses if so. Each set of 5 floors also has a first-time/mastery reward so the event is crazy worth it even without Sephiroth/Tifa being taken into consideration.

Looking forward to this, hopefully the difficulty spike won't be too severe since it's a challenge dungeon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So, when's a good level to be attempting the Normal and Hard daily challenges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Eternian Forces' thermonuculear division doesn't gently caress around :stare: Chapter Eight is a hell of a beast. The time for games is ogre.