Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Augus posted:

So, when's a good level to be attempting the Normal and Hard daily challenges?

I managed to scape through some normal events around the late teens, and now I'm in the early 20s they're a pushover. I have kinda lovely equipment too so adjust those down a bit if you picked up a buster sword or something. I tried a hard one and the enemies were putting out damage in the thousands per hit, I'm guessing late 20s/early 30s for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Augus posted:

I found Sea of Elements Normal manageable around level 12-14, but I had two FFX characters. Today's dungeon was harder due to Acid Rains/Thundaras hitting like a truck.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
Chimera are bullshit. It's so hard to get the mastery reward because it almost comes down to whether or not my ATB aligns against them so they die before casting Gale.

And a single gale drops everyone to 5% hp, killing all 'damage taken' stars and setting you up for a KO if you're not quick on healing too.

Plus side, beat both FF7 Elites! Even mastered the second one for the 4 star staff!

...Rydia can't use staves...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ eh Tyro with the 4 star staff can pretend to be a white mage ok enough. The actual White Mage is frail as hell but will heal more with it. Once we get whatever update includes Lenna you can give her the staff, toss her in the back row, and you're good to go. I still use that staff on her at level 50 because I've never gotten a 5 star staff on my Japan account and it sucks so much. Some of the staves have amazing healing specials, like the one that heals the party for around 1500hp each (vs Lenna's single target Cure 3 for 1900ish) and gives the party regen.

McDragon posted:

So is Slow worthless in RK? I thought it'd at least work for IV's bosses, seeing as it is king in that game, but it didn't work on Cagnazzo.

Unless it says "NO EFFECT!" the boss can be affected by that aliment.

Slow is pretty useful and I use it a fair amount in Japan when fighting a boss that can wreck you with AOE (like Leviathan spamming tidal wave over and over :argh:). The basic Slow spell is not highly accurate but there are higher rarity skills with higher success rates. The basic level 1 spell is still good enough. (e: Tidus's Delay Attack also seems to inflict slow at a pretty good rate).

Samba De Amigo posted:

So with I'm assuming it will be the same as the challenge that was in the Japanese version, The Ambition of Shinra and the Legend Reborn, in which case that's a lot of stages to clear.

The info I'm looking at from the Japanese version has it going up to floor 66-70 with about 3 stages per set of floors. There's a boss on floor 10 and floor 20, so I wonder if that continues to the top. That's a lot of bosses if so. Each set of 5 floors also has a first-time/mastery reward so the event is crazy worth it even without Sephiroth/Tifa being taken into consideration.

Looking forward to this, hopefully the difficulty spike won't be too severe since it's a challenge dungeon.

I'd be shocked if the English version doesn't get the exact same reward and level layout.

As for the difficulty I couldn't say. The first time I got to run it my main team was level 50+ so I destroyed every normal stage and I think I cleared 70-80% of the master stages. My team still can't clear all the hard versions of a event dungeon's level (except Mt. Ordeals, once, barely)(except EX stages)) but this early on the main/only focus is to get the characters and try to clear some of the hard versions of the levels, especially if they drop another copy of the dungeon's weapon/armor. Even 3 copies of some 2 star gear will be handy when fully turned in to a single 4 star item.

Augus posted:

It depends on your gear, but Cloud and Tidus with 3 star weapons, especially level 10/10, should be able to 1 shot most normal dungeon enemies and 2-3 shot the harder guys that show up solo. I started clearing the normal XP dungeon over the weekend around level 18-19 and it was rough at first but as people leveled their damage went up and damage taken went down. By the mid 20s I was just auto-battling them for the most part. In the mid 20s with 3 star weapons and 2 star armor you can probably auto battle most/all daily dungeons.

Hard dungeons are another matter entirely. You take 100-200 damage per hit in the normal dungeon and do 700+? In the hard dungeon you might do 400-500 damage, or less, and get hit for 1k or more in the front row. The Zu in one of the daily dungeons' hard version can hit for 2-3k with one of their attacks.

:siren:Event is now live.:siren:

Only Tifa's glove added to rare relics, and rate up until the 4th. The event runs until the 12th so hopefully after Tifa's glove's rate up they do one for Masamune or whatever katana they give Sephiroth.

e: It doesn't look like this event has elite dungeons for the levels. Hoped we'd start with them but I guess it makes sense not to.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 1, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Use spoiler tags, you loving chode.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So is Mythril still not worth using for Relics yet or

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Use spoiler tags, you loving chode.

There are more bosses later in the game. Also Ringabel dies. And is the final boss.

And is secretly Hitler.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Alxprit posted:

I'm holding out for them adding at least a Katana for Sephiroth (and Cloud) to use but it's kinda annoying that even the English version launched with such a terribly small number of 5 star items. :(

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
What's up with equipment combining in FFRK? Everything I have is always greyed out with a low level message even though it shows up as combinable

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Good Citizen posted:

What's up with equipment combining in FFRK? Everything I have is always greyed out with a low level message even though it shows up as combinable

You need to upgrade equipment to max before you combine.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Neat, an event. Hopefully I can get sephiroth, but I can't see myself replacing Tyro yet. Tyro(or Weedgoku as I called him) is mostly just a heal slave, equipped with cure and cura right now.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
The loot on the Shinra and Legends event so far is pretty great. Anyone who needs good basic poo poo, start there.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So would it be worth levelling up sephiroth and tifa and replacing either Kain or Wakka? I assume Tidus and Cloud are both good. Or is this one of those games where individual characters don't actually matter that much in the long run and you could just run a party of whoever you like best without much issue as long as you have good items.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Was able to clear the first five sets of levels before running out of stamina, so Tifa for sure tomorrow. Is she a solid replacement for anyone in the Cloud/Tidus/Kain/Tyro/Rydia group? Kain kinda seems the odd man out but that may be that I have the first two equipped with the Enhancer and Dancing Dagger and he is stuck with a 2* mythril Dagger.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So what's the difficulty/level range looking like on the Shinra stuff? My characters are still puny.... like, around level 12 with poo poo equipment, and I'm hoping I can score the extra characters before the event expires.

I can't believe you people convinced me to play a mobile game...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So far it doesn't look that bad. Mine are still only in their 20's and as far as I got so far, just cleared the fifth set, nothing's done triple digit damages and since they're all short floors and each set of floors is a separate dungeon you don't have to worry about conserving your magic and skills much. That's probably my favorite part of this, when I first read the description I thought it was going to be a hellish endurance run.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People keep mentioning this "Tyro" person and I spent the better part of ten minutes wondering what game he's from.

And at least two of those minutes thinking he was the dinosaur from FF1 NES.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I can't mention enough how much I love the sprites in Record Keeper and I'd kind of love a console-based version of this or something with an overworld and everything and random encounters, but keeping all the sprites.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I just don't get why they didn't use these sprites for the mobile remakes of V and VI.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

People keep mentioning this "Tyro" person and I spent the better part of ten minutes wondering what game he's from.

And at least two of those minutes thinking he was the dinosaur from FF1 NES.

He's not; The Player-Stand in character for FFHK. Aka, generic protagonist boy.

I've cleared up to level 35 so far with low 20s characters. It seemed right at 25+ there was a jump in difficulty but there hasn't been any trouble beyond 'sometimes enemies take two hits if it isn't Cloud'. I assume there will be another jump at around 50 and perhaps right before 70.

A LOT of good exp and mythril here, so I don't mind.

Is Tifa worth bringing up? And should I be liberal with my growth eggs or conservative?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You can easily farm growth eggs during the exp daily quest, so there's no real reason to conserve them when you get a new character. Especially since their exp is not so useful on higher levelled characters, but you can use them to bring a new one up to usability.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

James Totes posted:

He's not; The Player-Stand in character for FFHK. Aka, generic protagonist boy.

I mean you can infer from the use of past tense I figured it out.

you know

eventually

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Shinra tower is really easy up through at least the Tifa unlock stage if you've already beat the normal stages. I'd push farther but I'm out of energy and out of time for today.

It looks like there's accessories on the rewards list for higher levels of the tower. Is there anywhere else to get accessories at the moment? I haven't found a single one yet

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

gigglefeimer posted:

I love those teams. You really have to know your poo poo if you want to beat them early in the game.

It would probably help if I took them on with YRP instead of monster teams I guess, but both of them are still a pain in the rear end. Cactuar wearing Adamantite can survive Shady Duo's Ultima just fine, but it unfortunately doesn't have the damage output to take them out before getting wiped out.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

So what's the difficulty/level range looking like on the Shinra stuff? My characters are still puny.... like, around level 12 with poo poo equipment, and I'm hoping I can score the extra characters before the event expires.

I can't believe you people convinced me to play a mobile game...

Starting with level 12-13 characters, I've gotten through floor 20 with no real trouble and assume I'll be able to get Tifa. Though I did get lucky with my relic pulls so far (2 Genji helms somehow and a 4* sword), so I can't complain about my equipment.

Killing Vector fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 1, 2015

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Was able to clear the first five sets of levels before running out of stamina, so Tifa for sure tomorrow. Is she a solid replacement for anyone in the Cloud/Tidus/Kain/Tyro/Rydia group? Kain kinda seems the odd man out but that may be that I have the first two equipped with the Enhancer and Dancing Dagger and he is stuck with a 2* mythril Dagger.

Tifa's equipment restrictions mean she can't take over any mage/healer duties from Rydia or Tyro. She's fast and strong enough to hang with Cloud and Tidus, but not so much better that you'd want to train her up to replace them. It's got to be Kain, he's got a cool hat and all but he's just not particularly great at anything.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I want to say Wakka edges out Kain since he can stay in the back with ranged weapons, is another source of Boost for Cloud, and can throw out all-enemy party water damage if you ever really need it. Kain hits harder, but that's it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Alxprit posted:

I got a pretty sweet 4-star dagger today that's made Kane into a real heavy-hitter

No five star stuff yet though

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Is it smart to save mythril until you get 50 for the 11 relic raffle?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You get a bonus roll for 50, so yes.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

How do you farm Mythril to get that much? I assume you can get one per day per difficulty level of the daily dungeons? That'd still take like two weeks to get 50, even assuming you can handle the hard challenges. I've been hoarding all of mine so far, which I guess explains why my equipment sucks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Just do all the dungeons. Thanks to the event I'm up to 45.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Schwartzcough posted:

How do you farm Mythril to get that much? I assume you can get one per day per difficulty level of the daily dungeons? That'd still take like two weeks to get 50, even assuming you can handle the hard challenges. I've been hoarding all of mine so far, which I guess explains why my equipment sucks.

The new event is great for it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Honestly I don't see the appeal in hoarding mythril. The higher level equipment it gives you is really useful early on, you're gonna benefit more from using it sooner rather than later

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Because I'd rather wait and try for a cool character exclusive weapon for a dude I like at enhanced rates, than get a generic 5* item or an exclusive for someone I don't.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Honestly, 3 relic pulls (crappy ones at that - all 3* weapons, two from FF12 and one from FF5) was enough to get me through all the currently available normal Classics, though I do kind of stall out at daily event dungeons either at Normal or Hard difficulty. As it stands, I've noticed that skills are just as important and much more easily farmable, so I'm working on getting Cloud outfitted with elemental strikes.

Even with a non-FF7 weapon and normal attacks, a Lv20 Cloud is doing four digit damage in the Shinra event, so I'm at least confident in getting Tifa, if not Sephiroth. (I assume the difficulty spikes somewhere between the two, since I'm almost to the former.)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

One of the reasons to save mithril is to wait for more/better relics to be added. Right now we have a bonus with Tifa's weapon until the 4th. Japan usually has 3-5 relics associated with ah event and this version probably will too. That means we should, hopefully, get a katana added for Sephiroth (Cloud can use them too) after Tifa's weapon rate drops on the 4th or so.

Shinra event has a 2 star claw, katana, and armor. You get 3 of each if you clear all the levels so you'll be able to have a pseudo 4 star pair of weapons and armor which should be close to a base 3 star item. More importantly, there are accessories. Attack boosting accessories. :getin:

Keep in mind the levels will get harder as you progress in the event, though parties that're level 30 or so will likely be fine except against AOE heavy bosses I guess, at which point you get to damage race them unless you've been dragging White Mage along and want to try and rely on their limit once or twice for the AOE heal.

Nuebot posted:

Neat, an event. Hopefully I can get sephiroth, but I can't see myself replacing Tyro yet. Tyro(or Weedgoku as I called him) is mostly just a heal slave, equipped with cure and cura right now.

Replace Cure or Cura with Boost. Tyro's true purpose is to be a buff slave for Cloud and the other useful attackers.

Nuebot posted:

So would it be worth levelling up sephiroth and tifa and replacing either Kain or Wakka? I assume Tidus and Cloud are both good. Or is this one of those games where individual characters don't actually matter that much in the long run and you could just run a party of whoever you like best without much issue as long as you have good items.

I'm replacing Kain with Sephiroth. I might drop Rydia for Tifa as well. Cloud/Sephiroth/Tidus/Tifa/Tyro would be fairly potent, but I'm on the fence about Tifa.

Himuro posted:

I just don't get why they didn't use these sprites for the mobile remakes of V and VI.

The bigger question is why they replaced all the classic images with images from the FF4-6 remakes. :sigh:

Good Citizen posted:

Shinra tower is really easy up through at least the Tifa unlock stage if you've already beat the normal stages. I'd push farther but I'm out of energy and out of time for today.

It looks like there's accessories on the rewards list for higher levels of the tower. Is there anywhere else to get accessories at the moment? I haven't found a single one yet

Only dungeon rewards. If they can drop I've never seen it happen and I've never seen them added to the Japanese rare relic machine either.

Killing Vector posted:

Starting with level 12-13 characters, I've gotten through floor 20 with no real trouble and assume I'll be able to get Tifa. Though I did get lucky with my relic pulls so far (2 Genji helms somehow and a 4* sword), so I can't complain about my equipment.

:stare:

If you got those with only the free mithril yeah you were lucky as hell. Cloud with a genji helm and 4* sword will be rock solid and you can probably do hard dailies depending on your level.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
Well, everyone is level 23+ but the 51+ levels take 10 Stan per go. Guess that's how they slow it down, ah well.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah I mean, this is a nostalgia game. I love the FFIV 3d remake but I have no nostalgia for it. FFIV vanilla though? Is this SE NA's way of saying buy our mobile productd? If so, that's pretty lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Sounds like there's a really nasty boss that's immune to physical attacks at the top of Shinra tower, so I guess I won't be getting Sephiroth any time soon.