Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Paladin Mode has the angelic look going on already too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Looks like a White/Holy Knight not an Angel to me.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It depends on how his wings are drawn, I guess. They look less draconic in some artworks.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s literally just a recolored paladin mode. The wings are the same.
I get what you mean though, it does fit that holy archetype.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Frankly, it'd be cooler if the last few games didn't give me Omnimon fatigue. We had two mode changes for Zwart and then a random recolor that exists I guess, so hard to be excited for our fourth new Omnimon release in such a short time.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Bee posted:

Frankly, it'd be cooler if the last few games didn't give me Omnimon fatigue. We had two mode changes for Zwart and then a random recolor that exists I guess, so hard to be excited for our fourth new Omnimon release in such a short time.

Omegamon sells so we must keep making all the new versions of it. All of them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look.

Let’s just agree that nothing can be as majestic as Omekamon.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The English patch for Digimon Adventure on PSP finally finished the last week https://digimonadventurenglish.weebly.com/updates

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Omekamon is the most majestic version, yeah, too good to ever appear in an anime.

And I saw that the Adventure PSP patch is finally complete, I definitely want to test it, but right now I'm a bit busy. Once I have time it's definitely a priority though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't wait to find out how the story of Digimon Adventure turns out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

I can't wait to find out how the story of Digimon Adventure turns out.

You would be a lot of fun at parties

Oh hey this neat fan translation of a game that's never coming to the rest of the world got done, let's be sarcasticly dismissive about it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Uhm. I'm actually very happy about it? I'm just joking about the fact of it being very much a known story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Guys, is Angemon really dead? :ohdear:

Edit: BanchoLillymon looks like the general of the Hot Topic Defense Force, and it is beautiful. :allears:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I always thought bancho was a specifically male thing, isn't it a little weird for lilymon to get one

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

mandatory lesbian posted:

I always thought bancho was a specifically male thing, isn't it a little weird for lilymon to get one

Lilymon has had a Bancho for forever. It really just means "Leader Delinquent" Like... Savers was originally envisioned as rival gangs and organizations fighting it out with Masaru taking on all comers. So Yoshino was the leader of her own girl gang, and Touma worked for the FBI

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I am seriously kind of sad the other Banchos get no love in games. Yeah, Bancho Leomon is badass, but all those designs are great. Look at BanchoMamemon, he wants to double bat you so bad.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BanchoStingmon somehow takes the already badass Stingmon and makes him even more badass. It's such a great design.

I second that the other Banchos deserve game appearances too. Also BanchoLeomon BM because it was hilariously zero-effort as a design but also a Super Saiyan and I think that's memorable.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

dis astranagant posted:

The English patch for Digimon Adventure on PSP finally finished the last week https://digimonadventurenglish.weebly.com/updates

Is this the game that had the 01-style warp digivolve sequences for all 8 partners?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

jivjov posted:

Is this the game that had the 01-style warp digivolve sequences for all 8 partners?

Yep.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

BanchoStingmon somehow takes the already badass Stingmon and makes him even more badass. It's such a great design.

I second that the other Banchos deserve game appearances too. Also BanchoLeomon BM because it was hilariously zero-effort as a design but also a Super Saiyan and I think that's memorable.

It's been suggested that BanchoLeomon's Burst Mode is actually unfinished since unlike other Digimon who seemingly internalize the flaming digisoul burst to turn themselves into their Burst Modes (with a bit of aura on weapons, energy, etc.), BanchoLeomon instead seems to just have the digisoul burst stay on him as a full aura.

Remember that BanchoLeomon refers to ShineGreymon Burst Mode as a 'true' Burst Mode implying he and Spencer didn't have enough time to actually refine this new power they had discovered which also explains his reluctance to let Marcus and co use it since at that point, it was still largely untested and thus potentially dangerous.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm pretty sure he meant that it was the real burst mode because what Masaru summoned earlier was the wrong kind that ended up killing Agumon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

I'm pretty sure he meant that it was the real burst mode because what Masaru summoned earlier was the wrong kind that ended up killing Agumon.

Yeah, it's this. While the idea of a pseudo-Burst Mode that wasn't quite the full Super Saiyan is interesting, it's not what the series tried to say, BanchoLeomon Burst Mode is absolutely meant to be the same as the others but it got zero effort put into its design because it appears for all of one scene that seems to be there only to justify why Suguru/BanchoLeomon knew about Burst Mode in the first place (and to remind us that being a badass is just part of the Daimon bloodline).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I do like that "the Digimon is on FIRE" is a consistent trait of Daimon Burst modes.

Chika's would probably be the same. Hououmon with six burning wings, anyone?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

I do like that "the Digimon is on FIRE" is a consistent trait of Daimon Burst modes.

He'd (male Biyomon is still the manliest choice) probably also grow arms, just because you aren't a Daimon if you aren't ready to punch anything that stands in your way, be it monster, demon or god.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hououmon has two perfectly fine feet to punch with.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Lilymon has had a Bancho for forever. It really just means "Leader Delinquent" Like... Savers was originally envisioned as rival gangs and organizations fighting it out with Masaru taking on all comers. So Yoshino was the leader of her own girl gang, and Touma worked for the FBI

I meant as a term, I've never seen savers

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

I meant as a term, I've never seen savers

From what I understand, yes. The term for female bancho is sukeban, and indeed, BanchoLilymon is based on the most famous of them all: Asamiya Saki, as shown in her choice of weaponry.

But Digimon seem to not have the "sukeban" title. Maybe because Digimon technically have no gender, I dunno.

Nodosaur posted:

Hououmon has two perfectly fine feet to punch with.

This is a good point, and I'm not sure why I thought a lack of arms would stop a Daimon or a Daimon's Digimon from punching stuff.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look we can all agree BanchouLilymon is Sayuri's future digimon partner.

Right?

Right.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Probably Valdurmon or Valkyriemon instead

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Probably Valdurmon or Valkyriemon instead

well now i want to see banchouvalkyriemon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Valdurmon definitely doesn't have anything to punch with, and I'd argue that Valkyrimon fills a niche in the team already occupied by Ravemon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Maybe Crossmon then?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I generally prefer Hououmon because it carries the Daimon association with fire, but that could work I guess.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Crossmon is a favourite of mine since I was a child but I have to agree with Nodosaur here, the Daimon family really likes its fire.

Though the fire could appear exclusively for Burst Mode too, BanchoLeomon doesn't have it until BM.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So as I am playing the translation patch for Digimon Adventure I am remembering why I stopped playing it. The difficulty curve in this game is awful. Once you reach episode 3 the bttles start to include other champion digimon like Monochromon and Kwagamon which is a real drain on your SP. the only two ways to recover are with items and save points. Items are very limited as there are no shops which means the only good way to grind is if you are near a save point that doesn't lock you in the area. Grinding itself is very difficult as XP gains are very small and levels require a lot of XP (ex: in EP 3 most of the non champions will give you about 50ish XP and to reach LV 6 requires upwards of around 1000 xp per digimon and the ones not in battle will only earn about a fifth of what the ones in battle at the end will earn.

I think it is suppose to encourage the use of Digipieces to raise stats but when I tried that it wasn't helping ether as when I put all the Atk ups on one digimon I was still only doing like 1/10 of the HP bar of champion level digimon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I checked out of the Adventure game pretty quickly, damage is too low and the game as a whole is too slow. I'll stick with the PS4 games instead.

Talking about Adventure, we have a few new Tri things!

This form is known as "Omegamon Merciful Mode". I guess this is the face of mercy.

We also have a preview of the ending, and it's beautiful.
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/974597754285535232

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The main thing to keep in mind with the Digimon Adventure game is that it was made for the PSP

meaning it was meant to waste time first and foremost. So yeah, grinding is gonna be a thing

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Is there a less threatening name than “merciful mode?”

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Is there a less threatening name than “merciful mode?”

I think that's the point

This is just a theory, but I'm pretty sure this Omnimon is just going to heal poo poo and make things better. MERCIFUL OMNIMON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"I'M MERCIFUL!"

Omegamon said while repeatedly stabbing its sword through Diablomon's head.