Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I managed to scrape by a victory on 5 Star Yoda because of a combination of Mace Shatterpointing him twice, Yoda killing Old Ben, and Qui Gon's buff cancel being up right after Yoda stole the buffs from Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

overdesigned posted:

Also applied.

in GoH news, I got a 5-star Jedi team! Super excited to get some Yoda unlock action! Except no, that fucker, I'm gonna need to like, gear and level these guys waaaay up. poo poo.

Yoda's poo poo comes around every couple months, so don't fret if you miss him.

Palpatine's is like twice/year.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Yoda's poo poo comes around every couple months, so don't fret if you miss him.

Palpatine's is like twice/year.

Yoda is monthly. Palpatine has happened twice, with a three(ish) month gap between the events, so maybe it will happen again in March?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

fishtobaskets posted:

As I'm coming up on level 80, I started looking into zeta abilities. Has anybody tried a nightsister team with Asajj's zeta leader? Looks like it would be pretty great for TM fuckery. Plus, all 5 nightsisters are pretty easy to farm and from 4 different locations. I realize there are a bunch of more important teams to work on for various parts of the game, but it looks like it could be fun to play around with for somebody who's been around awhile.

I have all of them@gear X and only thing they are good for is to kill no synergy low teams in tournaments. Don't bother. Assajj though might have some use, with her passive.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Karzon posted:

Lando is key for both Rebel and Scoundrel challenges. He also is the core of my credit / droid heists. Great pull! Now never buy them again. :)

Got me a six star lando

Holy lol is he brutal

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

There's a reason Get Lando is burned into my finger-muscle memory when giving newbies in the guild advice :)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

As I'm coming up on level 80, I started looking into zeta abilities. Has anybody tried a nightsister team with Asajj's zeta leader? Looks like it would be pretty great for TM fuckery. Plus, all 5 nightsisters are pretty easy to farm and from 4 different locations. I realize there are a bunch of more important teams to work on for various parts of the game, but it looks like it could be fun to play around with for somebody who's been around awhile.

This would probably be good for Rancor or AAT P1/P3, but because the nightsisters are fairly crappy on their own (decent health, but low damage, nothing great for abilities), I just don't see this being enough synergy to do anything.

e: quick tips for SWFA. Don't spend crystals on packs, spend them on credits. You can use credits to buy units from the shop and actually get what you want (and also upgrade units).

Do your quests. There's a very small icon in the top right corner, plus a little bit of text right below that. When you finish all your 'Special' quests, you get to pick a leader. I would recommend Cassian cause he outranges turrets. Dies if they get to close so takes a little practice. With him right now, I'm running light tank, sniper, rebel troopers, x-wing, drop pod, pathfinders, and stun grenade.

On that, Stun grenades are amazing with anyone. If you're ranged like cassian, if they get too close, drop a stun grenade, walk away, keep shooting. If you're melee like Luke or Vader (Luke's actually really, really good if you figure out how to use him), charge in, drop a stun grenade, use your special.

If you get a chance, pick up the ATST (walker). It doesn't kill much, but it wrecks turrets. Requires a lot of resources to deal with, so you can pressure another lane.

If Luke (and probably other lightsaber users) stands still, he'll deflect some blaster bolts. Sometimes he'll even do damage with it, pretty fun. However, he autoattacks if in range of an enemy, and can only deflect if he's not attacking. Kind of hard to use sometimes.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 14, 2017

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Watching clone wars makes me want a clone squad

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

I know. The episode on the asteroid/moon/outpost thing!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So for anyone playing force wars, Lando is just as broken in that game.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I think it's hilarious/awesome that you can queue 2v2 with a friend and it will put you and your friend vs people not queuing together.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

So for anyone playing force wars, Lando is just as broken in that game.

If you aren't playing Cassian, or ******* if you are in game, you are doing it wrong. I'm probably winning 95% of my 1v1 games with him, and doing quite well at 2v2. I just reached 3* Tier 4. Basically, shoot, step back, shoot, etc. Also, unlocked Gigoran Rebel, and at level 2, he is the best unit I've ever seen. You plus it kills an opponent from about 3/4 in a stun grenade...it does single target heavy damage. Short spool up to start dealing damage, but immediately switches targets until it has to move. Has long range, and if you throw a few melee in front, will kill a turret super fast, or an ATST. 681 hp, so survives a bombing run. Range is 8.5, sniper has 11, not quite out of range of enemy turrets.
Current line up: l1 Cassian: l2 Gigoran, l3 light tank, l6: marauders, xwing, grenadiers, pathfinders, l2 stun grenade.

For common units, buy them in the store, up to 75ish per card. Really easy to get l5 and l6 units, which makes the game way easier. USE YOUR CRYSTALS TO BUY CREDITS. Save up to 1k crystals, and get 50k credits. You won't regret it. Card packs suck, but apparently get better (and more expensive) at higher tiers. You still shouldn't buy them you are better off spending credits to buy epics, then turning those in for a unique card if that's what you are after. Card packs are that bad.

Uniques and epics are way more powerful than common units, so you don't need them at level 5-6 for them to be good, but they generally won't do much for you at level 1.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

I want to attack this team just to see how quickly will I be wiped out.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I saw someone on facebook today doing 19 million damage to the AAT raid using Darth Maul.

The idea is to use the turrets dying for his Power of Hatred skill, and then snowball from there.

Meanwhile, I was glad today I almost kept the tank stunlocked using Lando and Wiggs. It's something.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

If you aren't playing Cassian, or ******* if you are in game, you are doing it wrong. I'm probably winning 95% of my 1v1 games with him, and doing quite well at 2v2. I just reached 3* Tier 4. Basically, shoot, step back, shoot, etc. Also, unlocked Gigoran Rebel, and at level 2, he is the best unit I've ever seen. You plus it kills an opponent from about 3/4 in a stun grenade...it does single target heavy damage. Short spool up to start dealing damage, but immediately switches targets until it has to move. Has long range, and if you throw a few melee in front, will kill a turret super fast, or an ATST. 681 hp, so survives a bombing run. Range is 8.5, sniper has 11, not quite out of range of enemy turrets.
Current line up: l1 Cassian: l2 Gigoran, l3 light tank, l6: marauders, xwing, grenadiers, pathfinders, l2 stun grenade.

For common units, buy them in the store, up to 75ish per card. Really easy to get l5 and l6 units, which makes the game way easier. USE YOUR CRYSTALS TO BUY CREDITS. Save up to 1k crystals, and get 50k credits. You won't regret it. Card packs suck, but apparently get better (and more expensive) at higher tiers. You still shouldn't buy them you are better off spending credits to buy epics, then turning those in for a unique card if that's what you are after. Card packs are that bad.

Uniques and epics are way more powerful than common units, so you don't need them at level 5-6 for them to be good, but they generally won't do much for you at level 1.

I grabbed Cassian after you were recommending him in guild chat yesterday and yeah, his range is amazing. I can kill enemy turrets and units while safely sitting behind the terrain walls. I'm saving up my credits right now for when good rebel cards show up in the shop.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
So should cassian be my pick from the hero selector?

How do you use marauders? I normally have gotten my wins with sniper or tank solo off pushes but thats probably not going to fly the higher up i go.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 14, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Serperoth posted:

I saw someone on facebook today doing 19 million damage to the AAT raid using Darth Maul.

The idea is to use the turrets dying for his Power of Hatred skill, and then snowball from there.

Meanwhile, I was glad today I almost kept the tank stunlocked using Lando and Wiggs. It's something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTjZv_i9NCI

mute the video right away, but here's a similar example of maul being crazy for the aat raid. It's his massive health gains that are key to doing the silly amount of damage, chained right around half way through p2? i think Maul is up to 1.5million health and the people who've tested it say you can just hit auto and go do something else, come back a like 45 minutes later and he's racked up 15mil+ damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
thats gonna get nerfed so haed

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

rocket_Magnet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTjZv_i9NCI

mute the video right away, but here's a similar example of maul being crazy for the aat raid. It's his massive health gains that are key to doing the silly amount of damage, chained right around half way through p2? i think Maul is up to 1.5million health and the people who've tested it say you can just hit auto and go do something else, come back a like 45 minutes later and he's racked up 15mil+ damage.

Yeah, the dude said he pressed auto for 6 hours while he went to sleep, I don't know about 15 mil, but I can believe it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

How do you use marauders? I normally have gotten my wins with sniper or tank solo off pushes but thats probably not going to fly the higher up i go.

You drop them when you have something to tank the turret or the enemy drops an AT-ST. And yes, it's true; Andor is insane. I just upgraded mine and it really doesn't feel fair. Do keep in mind, however, if we ALL make Andor our main it might be a little difficult to do 2v2s :)

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

WerrWaaa posted:

I'm slowly working on a clone squad, gonna get jka as lead I think. They have some good synergy and a wedge/biggs combo attack that all clones assist on. It looks like they will be brutal once they get geared.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

You drop them when you have something to tank the turret or the enemy drops an AT-ST. And yes, it's true; Andor is insane. I just upgraded mine and it really doesn't feel fair. Do keep in mind, however, if we ALL make Andor our main it might be a little difficult to do 2v2s :)

Homie, I'm rockin' the Baze :smug:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Is this the refugee force arena thread too now? I didn't follow the meta so i used my freebie legendary on Sidious. He's slow but a total short range AOE beast. A lot of empire pistol dudes seem insane but I don't know that I can give up terrain not mattering with boba fett.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Getting an "unstable connection to guild server" message.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

OxMan posted:

Is this the refugee force arena thread too now? I didn't follow the meta so i used my freebie legendary on Sidious. He's slow but a total short range AOE beast. A lot of empire pistol dudes seem insane but I don't know that I can give up terrain not mattering with boba fett.

Made a new Force Arena thread. I'm not outlawing talk over here, I just figure that might attract some more goons to our guild.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805457

Boozie posted:

I mostly throw them down in front of my Gigoran Rebel. He just needs things to soak up damage while he goes to town. I also like having a couple cheap things to throw on defense in case they have a sniper or rocket trooper. They also do well against the ATST.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I've started playing this and I feel like I've hit a brick wall. How are these level 25 guys obliterating my level 30-33ish guys? I know I should put some gear on the dudes I don't really care about but like this Snowtrooper, and dark side healer chick who hurts herself seem so bad. This droid with the shock stick thing, too. The only recommended character I've managed to get so far is the Royal Guard.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

DO IT TO IT posted:

I've started playing this and I feel like I've hit a brick wall. How are these level 25 guys obliterating my level 30-33ish guys? I know I should put some gear on the dudes I don't really care about but like this Snowtrooper, and dark side healer chick who hurts herself seem so bad. This droid with the shock stick thing, too. The only recommended character I've managed to get so far is the Royal Guard.

Nice Avatar.

Honestly, read the OP and follow it. There are a few ways that level 25 guys are obliterating you. 1) is because they spent a bunch of money and already have 7* heroes. There's nothing you can do about that except play the long game.

Snowtrooper is pretty bad in all but end-game Galactic War. He gives TM to heroes that are actually good like Tie Pilot, Emperor, and Vader. Thalia is pretty poo poo. IG-86 is pretty decent later, but he's probably 1* right now and sucks. Once you unlock Cantina, focus on Lando and you'll start catching up. Also get Stormtrooper Han with your arena credits. You'll start to catch up to those scrubs.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

DO IT TO IT posted:

Gearing/spending energy for shards/leveling just to get yourself through LS/DS missions is a big mistake. Just get some ally codes and get carried. Put yours here and Ill add you. I used ~3 Emporer Palpatine friends + challenge reset trick to do all my DS missions with just RG up until level 8.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Anyone new-ish to the game interested in joining my New Year guild drop me an ally invite on 561-766-648. Most of our members are 40-70 and we're running T4 raids for now to get everyone some guild currency and gear. We have about 12 spots left to fill and most are reasonably active. No quotas required and asking for help and gear donations etc is encouraged. Also encouraged is talking drunken poo poo in chat and laughing at the number of stars some of us have on our Lukes and our Talias.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Boozie posted:

Gearing/spending energy for shards/leveling just to get yourself through LS/DS missions is a big mistake. Just get some ally codes and get carried. Put yours here and Ill add you. I used ~3 Emporer Palpatine friends + challenge reset trick to do all my DS missions with just RG up until level 8.

Shiiit that's like all I've been doing is leveling my lovely starter chars and doing ls/ds missions. All the other characters have seemed just impossible to get, but I guess I've been doing it wrong. I'm at 9/10 on trying earn IG-86 and have earned no IG-86 points in like 4 days of simming his mission, haha. My code is 318-799-974.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, I kicked off both a tank and rancor raid. Rancor damage starts at 8 am pacific tomorrow morning. Tank is free for all on P1 only right now. For P2+, wait until tomorrow morning 8 am pacific. One squad per phase P2+.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

My arena now has people with Yoda and I hate it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DO IT TO IT posted:

Shiiit that's like all I've been doing is leveling my lovely starter chars and doing ls/ds missions. All the other characters have seemed just impossible to get, but I guess I've been doing it wrong. I'm at 9/10 on trying earn IG-86 and have earned no IG-86 points in like 4 days of simming his mission, haha. My code is 318-799-974.

Read the OP, man.

You're basically falling into all of the classic traps.

ZenVulgarity posted:

My arena now has people with Yoda and I hate it

Yoda is a giant pussy, though. Try to stun him so he doesn't tenacity up the opposing team.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Ugh how are people handling this assault battles event? I can't beat the last round on the bonus tier, the best i've done is kill all the royal guards and got palp to half health. My team at the moment is Wiggs, Lando, STH, Leia. All level 85, gear 9-11 and modded.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Started playing this silly game three weeks ago. Now I'm lvl 50 and doing all the wrong things.

837-479-174, looking for powerful friends to carry my retarded rear end.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ahdinko posted:

Ugh how are people handling this assault battles event? I can't beat the last round on the bonus tier, the best i've done is kill all the royal guards and got palp to half health. My team at the moment is Wiggs, Lando, STH, Leia. All level 85, gear 9-11 and modded.

taunt with STH on the last stage and you should be able to kill them all with the extra TM

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

I ran the same team but with Ackbar instead of Leia. It's doable with either character because I never had to use any of Ackbar's special abilities. Just make sure you have taunt up for the last wave against EP. If you're still having trouble then it's your gear holding you back. I was able to finish both tiers without anyone losing all their protection. So yeah, gear makes that large a difference. I'm sorry :(

e: Oh, and don't forget the extra ability the event gives you. I think it heals and gives the character that activates it counter attack? I didn't have to use it, but it might be the little extra boost you need to finish the event. Best of luck!

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 15, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I was able to steam roll the event using my rebel team from arena plus a lvl 81 g9 fives. G10 wedge and biggs. Gear 11 lando and st han. All pretty good mods. Ran wedge lead. Made sure that st han had taunt for ep he ended up being the only casualty because i couldnt kill ep before he got 1 turn off. I know its probably not that useful to say have an arena level rebel squad but my biggs and wedge are not max geared and i had a lvl 81 under geared fives so v:shobon:v

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I don't normally brag about my high scores or whatever, but for the bonus event my girlfriendBaze didn't even lose protection. For people having trouble, the key is to keep sthan ready to taunt in the last round, and also consider using Ackbar as lead. When you use the event special ability, someone else will attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

This game is awful and predatory and I love it. How do you guys mod Lando? Or Ashoka? OR ANYONE MY ONLY GEAR SEVEN IS HK HELP WHAT IS HAPPENING WHY AM I OBSESSED WITH THIS GAME