Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pomp posted:

Please do not disrespect the perfect run in a platinum games thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

notZaar posted:

That guy is good at videogames but you have to be autistic or something to give up because you got hit once.

Here are the fruits of his fruit labour. Fruit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uOxFrOyQ0Q

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SurrealityCheck posted:

Here are the fruits of his fruit labour. Fruit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uOxFrOyQ0Q

Not quite the run he was trying to make in the failed attempt. He was trying to do it on Very Hard and that video does it on Revengeance. Very Hard is actually harder to do than Revengeance if you're doing no damage because the extra damage you take on Revengeance mode is a moot point because you're not getting hit anyway, but you don't get to deal extra damage for successful counters or QTEs yourself, so the fight itself takes longer.

Edit: Holy loving poo poo the gut punch counter does a ridiculous amount of damage on Revengeance mode! Armstrong went from 73.1% to 1.3% just from that alone!

Edit 2: VVV I'm torn between whether or not I like the cross counter more or the other counter where Raiden does a leaping kick upwards to intercept Armstrong's elbow drop because they're both rad as gently caress. Still, dropping 70% of a boss's life is insane.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 16, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

To be fair that counter also ends in the cross-counter which is probably the most rad thing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Not quite the run he was trying to make in the failed attempt.

So what you're saying is he has to do it all over again.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

So what you're saying is he has to do it all over again.

His attempted run on Very Hard was him trying to do it all over again.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The double kick to the flank is the best just because of that absolutely perfect crunching sound effect they found.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

notZaar posted:

The double kick to the flank is the best just because of that absolutely perfect crunching sound effect they found.

The crosscounter also has a pretty sweet crunch to it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

One thing I've never been able to figure out in the Armstrong fight is what determines the qte where he bumrushes you that you all have been discussing. Sometimes you'll lose your sword and sometimes you won't and I can't figure out what determines it. It's been a while but I think I've seen Raiden block it/keep his sword when I've pressed no buttons at all and sometimes I'll lose it even if I block him. Is it just plain randomness? % of hp left on Raiden/Senator? :confused:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The tell for the football tackle is different from the other ones you can QTE counter. The QTE counters start from the same rush, but what you do influences what QTE you get. You get the cross counter if you slash at him when he rushes at you and you get the double kick if you don't.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

One thing I've never been able to figure out in the Armstrong fight is what determines the qte where he bumrushes you that you all have been discussing. Sometimes you'll lose your sword and sometimes you won't and I can't figure out what determines it. It's been a while but I think I've seen Raiden block it/keep his sword when I've pressed no buttons at all and sometimes I'll lose it even if I block him. Is it just plain randomness? % of hp left on Raiden/Senator? :confused:

It depends on whether you counter-parry or not. It's really hard to time due to the time dilation effect they put in.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
So with Hideo leaving Konami, is there any chance of that screwing up the sequel to MGR?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tommy 2.0 posted:

So with Hideo leaving Konami, is there any chance of that screwing up the sequel to MGR?

Probably not since Hideo had very little to do with MGR. It's all Platinums fault.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Michaellaneous posted:

Probably not since Hideo had very little to do with MGR. It's all Platinums fault.

Wait, is there something else I missed? The wording here makes me wonder if there is something I missed about MGR2 not happening.

Yeah, I figured Kojima wouldn't effect MGR2 to much, but a man can still have anxiety.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Wait, is there something else I missed? The wording here makes me wonder if there is something I missed about MGR2 not happening.

Yeah, I figured Kojima wouldn't effect MGR2 to much, but a man can still have anxiety.

Chill out. It hasn't been outright canceled yet as far as I can see.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Tommy 2.0 posted:

If Konami does decide to treat Metal Gear as a cash cow then it's likely we'll still see MGR2, although I'm no longer certain it'll be a Platinum project.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'd say Konami might drop Platinum for the second one. They don't make the best choices.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I was joking. What I meant is that it's Platinum's fault we have this awesome game.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

I'd say Konami might drop Platinum for the second one. They don't make the best choices.

It'd be right up Ninja Theory's alley!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lead writer is Tameem

200% more edgy cutscenes with constant swearing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Lead writer is Tameem

200% more edgy cutscenes with constant swearing.

I'm not actually sure Ninja Theory could fit anymore swearing than there already is, MGR was a very rude game

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm not actually sure Ninja Theory could fit anymore swearing than there already is, MGR was a very rude game

They'll find a way. I mean they did put this scene into DmC. I trust they can do something fantastic for MGR.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

They'll find a way. I mean they did put this scene into DmC. I trust they can do something fantastic for MGR.

Spines are now babies.
Game is now super banned.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Golden Goat posted:

"I sliced your baby into...LITTLE. WET. CHUNKS. 斬奪"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jack, it's Rose. Do you remember the rules of nature?

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
Thought some of you might appreciate this:

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
uh...
https://twitter.com/quintonflynn/status/610606827324116992

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

So it's either MGR2 or the anime of MGR, if we go by what's happened with Bayonetta. How was that anime, by the way? Never watched it, don't know if I should.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's a pretty by the numbers retelling of the first game's story. They explain everything so the story sort of makes sense but it's nothing special. The action sequences don't hold a candle to anything you see in the game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9bd4lap498

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Nifty. I wonder what kind of tweaks they'll have to make to get Sam to work in every level.

Also I didn't realize someone covered the entire soundtrack with kazoo arangements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevzIXAtX2g

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I saw that on Korn Kob's feed too, I hope it's up and running soon. Should be fun for another couple of playthroughs, especially now that odds are we'll never get a real mgr2.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
poo poo, someone tell me there's a kazoo soundtrack replacement mod too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SurrealityCheck posted:

Thought some of you might appreciate this:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Are splatoons the new ponies? What is this horseshit?

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

Art.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

notZaar posted:

No because this has actually something that can be described as humor and self-awareness.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

notZaar posted:

I've heard of these, historians call them: a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Should've said "Squids are cruel". Really missed an opportunity there.

• Locked thread