Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
And you’ll have to pay a monthly fee for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
gosh it's not called the TRANQUILITY nexus, people!

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

From the ads I thought Hocus Pocus 2 took place entirely within a Walgreens.

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

dpkg chopra posted:

Neural implants that erase your memory of playing Ocarina of Time for the first time so you can relive it endlessly.

If I could erase my memory of a game and play it for "the first time" again, I'd definitely pick Remember Me

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

wakka wakka posted:

If I could erase my memory of a game and play it for "the first time" again, I'd definitely pick Remember Me

minesweeper for me

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

wakka wakka posted:

Same but it's the movie with the Twilight guy that I saw on DVD at the Salvation Army clearance shed

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

wakka wakka posted:

Return of the Obra Dinn

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

wakka wakka posted:

I see what you did there.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Legend of Dragoon or Legend of Legaia for me.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lone Goat posted:

Return of the Obra Dinn

The correct answer

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Obra Dinn or Undertale.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Outer Wilds also a strong contender.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mine would be reading one piece or watching gurren lagann or legend of the galactic heroes, those are things that are excellent on rereads/watches, but there's really nothing like that first time through

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Outrail posted:

I'll buy him an account. What username does he want?

Hákarl?

Plokkfucker?

Sorry, in Iceland they have an official list and you need government permission to pick a username that isn't on it.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Captain Invictus posted:

In regards to trump

"Basically, they're beetles loving beer bottles" is the best comparison I've seen in a while

Just in case anyone else was curious, it's the Australian jewel beetle.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

wheatpuppy posted:

Just in case anyone else was curious, it's the Australian jewel beetle.

Yeah it's real unfortunate for the beetle because the particular bottle that sets off the "keep loving until you die" part of its brain is the brown 'stubby' beer bottle which is an absolutely indispensable aspect of Australian culture

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah it's real unfortunate for the beetle because the particular bottle that sets off the "keep loving until you die" part of its brain is the brown 'stubby' beer bottle which is an absolutely indispensable aspect of Australian culture

thought I read at some point that they fixed the problem by just changing the ridges on the bottle slightly so that they no longer acted as a perfect bug fleshlight

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cock hero flux posted:

thought I read at some point that they fixed the problem by just changing the ridges on the bottle slightly so that they no longer acted as a perfect bug fleshlight

Yeah the bottles used to have a knurled/dimpled pattern which looks pretty much exactly the same as the dimpled pattern on the beetle's carapaces but I dunno if changing it fixed the problem entirely, it looks like the ones in the photo I posted are going gently caress crazy over some raised letters on a bottle

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A finger on the monkey's paw curls:

You remember every other game you've played or just seen just fine so you judge a game you've never seen before against everything else you've played

I've tried to go back to Chrono Trigger, Planescape: Torment, Skies of Arcadia, Legend of Dragoon. They don't hold up as well as you'd think.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

dpkg chopra posted:

Neural implants that erase your memory of playing Ocarina of Time for the first time so you can relive it endlessly.

Does it take you to hospital?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Stardew Valley. But y'all are reminding me that I need to pick up Obra Dinn from scratch again. My first two plays were a co-play with my daughter and a co-play with my husband, both of whom lost interest. Maybe I will buy myself a nice notebook to lose. My daughter was very impressed that I could recognize a bosun by his hat.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

FFT posted:

A finger on the monkey's paw curls:

You remember every other game you've played or just seen just fine so you judge a game you've never seen before against everything else you've played

I've tried to go back to Chrono Trigger, Planescape: Torment, Skies of Arcadia, Legend of Dragoon. They don't hold up as well as you'd think.

This dude's wrong as hell, I've played Chrono Trigger like twenty times and Planescape: Torment and Legend of Dragoon twice, and watched somebody else play Skies of Arcadia after playing it myself

they all whip rear end, maybe this person has clinical depression

the one that whipped the least rear end was Legend of Dragoon, but that's not a particularly heavy slam or anything

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

John Lee posted:

This dude's wrong as hell, I've played Chrono Trigger like twenty times and Planescape: Torment and Legend of Dragoon twice, and watched somebody else play Skies of Arcadia after playing it myself

they all whip rear end, maybe this person has clinical depression

the one that whipped the least rear end was Legend of Dragoon, but that's not a particularly heavy slam or anything
There's games I can't go back to playing (Fallout 1&2 are really dragged down by the SPECIAL system) but lol at using chrono trigger as an example of something not holding up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah wtf chrono trigger is a joy every time

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Legend of Dragoon has always been butt-tier.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
FF6 still holds up as strong as it ever has and is the best in the mainline series. :colbert:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Dameius posted:

FF6 still holds up as strong as it ever has and is the best in the mainline series. :colbert:

You're right, I should finish my playthrough of the recently-translated FF6 megamod T-Edition, which expands the game in numerous ways and was long thought untranslatable because the Japanese creator was pushing the ROM to the limits

or perhaps the difficult-but-mechanically-rich Brave New World mod instead

...or, hell, maybe just original flavor again.

John Lee has a new favorite as of 22:23 on Jun 10, 2023

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

dpkg chopra posted:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Some of my favorite quotes don't necessarily need context, or a set-up ---> punchline format, I just love the turn of phrase or simile.

graynull posted:

I noticed that worthless waste of life didn't post a picture of himself. Probably hard to promote being The Übermensch when you look like someone kicked a meatloaf across a barber shop floor.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Okay Chrono Trigger was a bad example, that's on me. That said, I suspect a bias.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Legend of dragoon is good once.

Chrono Trigger is timeless.

:haw:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Rauru in OoT was a bald bloke that turned into an owl but Rauru in TotK is a cat goat man with three eyes who fucks human women. What's that about.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Capitalism sucks and if you want fair pay you need to switch careers occasionally.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Right yeah. I get it now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Some of my favorite quotes don't necessarily need context, or a set-up ---> punchline format, I just love the turn of phrase or simile.

Who they talking about, old musky himself because I dont want any more pictures

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Philippe posted:

I see what you did there.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

UwUnabomber posted:

Legend of Dragoon has always been butt-tier.

Sorry you couldn't button mash your way through the Additions. Dragoon is Good.