Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

I gotta admit, a zerg lex would be horrifying and now I'm kinda wondering if I need to try and envision that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Swore off collecting anything but Transformers and MOTU Origins. When I did a bunch of lines I always wanted some TMNT figures since I grew up with my uncle's old ones they gave me and had a ton of love for their body horror and gross-out asthetic, but none of the toys really did much for me. Sadly, I happened to see some Super 7 Ultimates and now I'm awaiting Donatello and looking at a big rear end empty shelf on my wall.... I'm sure I'l just get the Turtles, it's not like I need Mutagen Man and Muckman, even though they were my favourites as a kid...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fsmhunk posted:

When I did a bunch of lines I always wanted some TMNT figures since I grew up with my uncle's old ones they gave me and had a ton of love for their body horror and gross-out asthetic, but none of the toys really did much for me.

Read this as you doing a bunch of lines of coke and getting the itch to go out and buy a bunch of toys.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

Read this as you doing a bunch of lines of coke and getting the itch to go out and buy a bunch of toys.

Lmao

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

Wait, you all don't do this?

:sweatdrop:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fuzz posted:

It's cannabis and bad choices for me

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Find me somebody who has not gotten insanely high and bought a bunch of poo poo they don't need

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Pics of the new Mega Snake Mountain got released. Looks bigger than their Grayskull. I'm gonna need a bigger shelf to display both.

https://twitter.com/megabloksnews/status/1542895532502355977?s=20&t=PIpNxoKlFEDe1RdM0_hFiA

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Find me somebody who has not gotten insanely high and bought a bunch of poo poo they don't need

I do all my dumb unnecessary spending completely sober.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Same. As much dumb poo poo as I buy, I practice a lot of restraint and consider each purchase pretty carefully. I used to be way more of an impulse buyer in my youth and ended up with bins and bins full of stuff I don’t actually care about. I try to avoid getting in that situation again.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Not a Godzilla collector (I do have that giant one from 10 years back though) But I like this

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1542929612501663746?s=21&t=s9-0fb9mFbACybmlaAAf4g

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hasbro are announcing what I assume would be the stretch goals for Reva’s lightsaber as ‘look it comes with these!’ bits.

Also they’ve turned off commenting.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I think people are starting to use the word “iconic” a little too loosely these days. Not every hand prop from film and television has earned that kind of cultural status. It feels like when Disney were referring to every new movie they put out as a “classic.”

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Hello goons!

My dragonball guys are all boxed up and ready to be sold to you. Here's pics:

Thread is over here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006106

Please buy! Help me get out of debt!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Yup, I buy waaaaaay to much plastic to afford a drug habit.

That Mondo Godzilla just makes me want a Mondo Reptar.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Do y’all think it would be helpful to have a pinned BSS sale thread?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No, because forum rules are that sales are supposed to go in SA Mart. It would just be a list of links to SA Mart threads.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I have a thread there too, but I like to give folks here first shot. Solidarity.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly I don’t mind the little in thread sales bc it got me an all might lmao

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I think people are starting to use the word “iconic” a little too loosely these days. Not every hand prop from film and television has earned that kind of cultural status. It feels like when Disney were referring to every new movie they put out as a “classic.”

Shhh, don't tell that to gregday...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gregday actually has incredibly good taste in props and only collects the best! I feel like we we’re not gonna catch our guy with any C-list lightsabers.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The show just ended! Give it a little room to breathe before declaring it iconic.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Gregday actually has incredibly good taste in props and only collects the best! I feel like we we’re not gonna catch our guy with any C-list lightsabers.

yeah, i love seeing their prop posts.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Because I am an impatient child I often open figs I find in the car. Today I dropped a little accessory in the passenger seat black hole. I learned today that it’s not terribly hard to remove the seat, but I don’t want to do it again any time soon.

I found the new Vulcan ML fig and it’s cool. Now he’s not a character I know much about but the figure has an all new body. Pinless elbows and knees rock. The proportions are good. I am looking forward to seeing this body on a character I like more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly I don’t mind the little in thread sales bc it got me an all might lmao
I think they're fine so long as it's not endless reposting of multiple images, maybe linking to an imgur album with subsequent posts with a single example image would be better imo

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

Because I am an impatient child I often open figs I find in the car. Today I dropped a little accessory in the passenger seat black hole. I learned today that it’s not terribly hard to remove the seat.

I did this but lost a stormtrooper blaster bolt in my defroster. I convinced myself it melted and ruined something In my heater.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of selling stuff, I received a Proxima Midnight figure in the mail from Joe Fisto!

A+++++ goon, would goon again

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

For the record I think sales posts in the thread with a bunch of pics are A-Ok, because they also double as photos of your collections, and I love to see that in any context. The actual sales are best left for DM’s or links to SA Mart threads, but posts about toys for sale are more on-topic than half the poo poo we say! Also showing off stuff you bought from other goons is fun for us all and also builds trust within our weird little club here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Indeed

This is Joe Fisto s fault

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh god, I've never seen MHA and without context that is pretty disturbing lol.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It doesn’t make any sense in context either

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
His neck went beyond, plus ultra.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm selling the entire MOTU collection.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

I'm selling the entire MOTU collection.

I'm sure you'll be able to release it quickly my dude. I'm glad to see you posting and I hope you can envision a place where you are feeling better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now I just resent it all. I'll keep a handful of things but I can't keep the bulk of it any longer.

If anyone is interested I can make an SA Mart thread I guess.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Now I just resent it all.

I understand, I've read your posts this last little while. I'm sorry for what you have lost, and I can appreciate from your reflection and insight as you have posted that you are learning from your experience.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Now I just resent it all. I'll keep a handful of things but I can't keep the bulk of it any longer.

If anyone is interested I can make an SA Mart thread I guess.

I was gonna reply here but sent you a PM instead.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/1543293443950116865?s=21&t=49iGuLpf6NI5xPG853Q-Mg

Now I have a few Stan figs, but I believe he was alive when they were released and/or announced. Is it weird now? I know there’s fuckery with his estate. Can I get an adorable nentendo droid without existential guilt?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stan Lee was a conman who stole everything from everyone. This is an appropriate thing to happen to his likeness in death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

Stan Lee was a conman who stole everything from everyone. This is an appropriate thing to happen to his likeness in death.

He owned in every way. Sorry