Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Re: the Battle Royal talk from earlier, I'm surprised no one mentioned my go-to Battle Royal buddy, Mimikyu!

Disguise means it can't be one-shot, Focus Sash for insurance, Swords Dance to ensure that what you hit dies, and Shadow Sneak to snipe kills from the opponents. I got to Master Rank very easily with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

They brought back the giant Lapras plush and made it even bigger.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

God, I'm gonna end up giving him like 25 pokemon.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I need this in my life.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Happy Jolteon Day and all that entails

given how we have nearly three times as many pokemon as there are days in the year, I wonder if there's any overlap...

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

PetraCore posted:

God, I'm gonna end up giving him like 25 pokemon.

a living dex of eggs :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

a pokedeggs

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

PetraCore posted:

Speaking of newbies, my friend is getting into Pokemon. I'm breeding up a bunch of pokemon whose designs I like to trade to him in... Sun? Moon? Can't remember which version he has but it's not really relevant. He wants the natures randomized and no real effort spent on the IVs.

Any suggestions? So far I'm definitely doing Mimikyu, Elgyem, Dewpider, Wimpod, Sableye, and Jangmo-o.

Just let them play on their own. IMO you're ruining one of the best parts of this series.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

McDragon posted:

a pokedeggs

In gen VIII Rotomdex will be replaced with Dexceggcute

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Let's play a game. How many perfect IV Rockruffs will I breed before I get a shiny one? Here is the relevant info:

Parents:
5iv Japanese Rockruff holding Everstone
6iv US Rockruff holding Destiny Knot

I have a shiny charm and I've bred around 550 Rockruffs. I currently have 6 with perfect ivs, including the parent. What's my final number?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

CubeTheory posted:

Let's play a game. How many perfect IV Rockruffs will I breed before I get a shiny one? Here is the relevant info:

Parents:

I have a shiny charm and I've bred around 550 Rockruffs. I currently have 6 with perfect ivs, including the parent. What's my final number?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A quick calculation says about 1.9% of your rockruffs will be 6iv. Bulbapedia isn't very clear but I think with Masuda+shiny charm the shiny chance is about 0.4%. So you should expect 4-5 perfect IVs before you get a shiny one.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Rockruff is a good shiny. I named mine Ol' Blue and she's a very good dog. :3:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

CubeTheory posted:

Parents:

If it's anything like my experience... 15 or so.

Which reminds me that I get to start all over again now that the HA Incineroar got released...

:negative:

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

I got about 25 perfect Magikarps (out of about 900 total) before I got a shiny one to make into a Sandygast. I was super lucky too, as the shiny was x/31/31/31/0.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
A sign I might be a little too into Wonder Trades—the Poni dex is the closest to completion of all my Alola dexes, and I just got to Poni Island.

Also, in case anyone was curious, the fastest way to take a stat's EVs from zero to max, before you beat the game and get access to the highest level festival plaza stuff: 10 vitamins, all 5 courses from a 5-star bounce house, and 3 meals from a Battle Table. So if you have one of each of the 5-star bounce houses, and one 5-star Battle Table, you can fully EV train three Pokemon per day if they all require different stats.

You can buy vitamins once you get to the Observatory (about 1/4 through the third island), and they cost $5000 apiece with Roto Bargain. If you don't have vitamins, 10 vitamins = the 50FC, 30FC, and 5FC bounce house courses = 5 Battle Table meals.

It is, of course, much more cost-effective to do all this via Isle Evelup in Poke Pelago, but I'm apparently too impatient for that. If you're the sort of person who wants a Pokemon fully EV trained and in your party <5 minutes after you decide to use it, this is the way to do it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 12, 2018

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Intimidate Incineroar is pretty great.

Still don't know if I want to keep Low Kick or get U-turn though...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
give incineroar access to Oblivion Wing, gamefreak

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CubeTheory posted:

What's my final number?

infinitely approaching 1

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I finally got around to bringing all my competitive dudes over to UM, including my stupid gimmick doubles team. If anybody wants to see them stomp all over some poor fool in the Battle Spot, here ya go:

Q56W-WWWW-WWWJ-2GYT

Oh and I don't think I ever posted this one! This happened when some rando challenged me while I was tooling around Festival Plaza. I only had my story team with me so that's who I fought him with.

Reminder I have a Lilo and Stitch themed story team. Here's what happened:

GUUG-WWWW-WWWE-JWT6

I kept expecting the guy to ragequit and he just... didn't.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 13, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Alola Muk worked, er, a bit too well in the Battle Royale. KOed four enemy Pokemon before anyone could take it down, and I had a massive target painted on me for the unsurprisingly brief remainder of the fight. Having more than twice as many KOs as the next guy doesn't matter if you're the first one out, but at least that was a novel loss.

Decided to try a second time and finally got my first victory, and it was such a ridiculous rear end pull that I have to post the video.

NRGG-WWWW-WWWJ-3WFS

Aside from successfully poisoning one enemy Pokemon, everything seems to be going wrong until the last quarter of the fight. Then there's this incredible perfect storm of lucky breaks and seemingly insignificant AI mistakes that results in a final turn where I'm strong against Enemy B's last Pokemon, and both Enemy C and Enemy D would lose by killing it first. So I guess the lesson here is to gently caress up badly enough that AI stops seeing you as a threat until, suddenly, you are.

Silver Falcon posted:

GUUG-WWWW-WWWE-JWT6

:stonk: Were you using a Focus Sash on your Primarina or just that lucky?

Edit: Nevermind, obviously you weren't, because of the Z-Move. And the best part of the whole thing still might be your Sableye at the beginning. I feel like he switched one turn later than he should have because seriously, a loving Sableye?

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 13, 2018

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Silver Falcon posted:

Re: the Battle Royal talk from earlier, I'm surprised no one mentioned my go-to Battle Royal buddy, Mimikyu!

Disguise means it can't be one-shot, Focus Sash for insurance, Swords Dance to ensure that what you hit dies, and Shadow Sneak to snipe kills from the opponents. I got to Master Rank very easily with him.
Yeah, Mimikyu and Muk-A are a great core for Battle Royale (and pretty much anything else, too)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So I know that Ultra Necrozma kinda comes out of nowhere and can eat teams for breakfast. I just ran into it yesterday and it outsped and OHKO'd 4 of my team members and 2HKO'd everything else. Did everyone just cheese the fight with toxic?

or did you FEAR it like I did :c00lbutt:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nth Doctor posted:

So I know that Ultra Necrozma kinda comes out of nowhere and can eat teams for breakfast. I just ran into it yesterday and it outsped and OHKO'd 4 of my team members and 2HKO'd everything else. Did everyone just cheese the fight with toxic?

I cheesed it with Toxic. Mimikyu, Toxic, and then a Revive to get a Let's Snuggle Forever in for some extra damage, plus some waiting.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't remember exactly but I think I annoyed it to death with Stitch, my Sableye.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It OHKOed my entire team, so Focus Sash and Toxic. I dunno what else I was supposed to do that wouldn't require getting a specific Pokemon, or tedious grinding,

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

I tag teamed it with my Pangoro and Mimikyu doing a let's snuggle forever.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
It OHKOd my entire team so I revived Metagross, Roto boosted it, and kept it out there with potions and prayers while Meteor Mash snowballed.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Nth Doctor posted:

My hodgepodge of a team managed to just be what the doctor ordered. My Magnezone resisted everything it could dish out so it survived long enough to paralyze Necrozma. After it went down, my Malamar Topsy-Turvey'd its across the board stat boost into a loss. This also helped with nearly every totem, as well. After that my Primarina just Moonblasted it with little resistance.

Edit: Seriously, I somehow made it through the game with this weakness-ridden team. The first battle I lost was against Giovanni. :shepface:

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 14, 2018

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/971996050608160769

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"Honey, have you seen Flareon?"
"No he got this weird look in his eye and ran off about 3 hours ago."
"drat it, Ilima must've been fighting someone again."
"I'm still amazed people wait the hour it takes for all the pokemon to get there rather than just punching him."

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kurieg posted:

"I'm still amazed people wait the hour it takes for all the pokemon to get there rather than just punching him."

"Oh, he got instantly OHKO'ed afterwards. It was somewhat disappointing."

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Poliwrath has by far the worst movepool of any fighting type i've ever seen. i guess i probably wouldn't use a fighting move on this set even if it learned one better than brick break but like come on it doesn't even learn knock off

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-717686295
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-717684336

bonus:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-717745658

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 14, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

Poliwrath has by far the worst movepool of any fighting type i've ever seen. But i guess i probably wouldn't use a fighting move on this set even if it learned one better than brick break.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-717686295
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-717684336

bonus:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-717745658

I think that MOUTH was the real MVP of those teams.
Also I agree with you completely, I'm trying to use Poliwrath in my UMoon playthrough and goddamn that thing is bad. Submission is a really lovely move to pair with Belly Drum, even in single player, and all other moves I have access to now are special :v:

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Submission probably has the fewest good things about it of any move

e: it doesn't even sound cool

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 14, 2018

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/973775286956363784?s=19
Sheesh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

professor woke

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I am Reverend posted:

Submission probably has the fewest good things about it of any move

e: it doesn't even sound cool

Hell Wheel was a pretty badass name tbf. Not as good as imperial rage but still.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ziddar posted:

My hodgepodge of a team managed to just be what the doctor ordered. My Magnezone resisted everything it could dish out so it survived long enough to paralyze Necrozma. After it went down, my Malamar Topsy-Turvey'd its across the board stat boost into a loss. This also helped with nearly every totem, as well. After that my Primarina just Moonblasted it with little resistance.

Edit: Seriously, I somehow made it through the game with this weakness-ridden team. The first battle I lost was against Giovanni. :shepface:

You're not the only one with an oddball team. My requirements were current gen stuff I'd never used and everything but Primarina needed to be able to learn a dance move.

UM will be a run with only Team Skull's pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I just did totem Togedemaru, who is a total rear end with spiked shield and bounce. I refused to use anyone besides Incineroar, so many potions were used until he ran out of pp on spiked shield.

My team is all three starters, Gengar, Malamar, and a Noibat that might eventually evolve.