Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Amazon is listing a new "GTA V Premium Edition" (https://www.resetera.com/threads/amazon-germany-lists-upcoming-gta-v-premium-edition-for-ps4.24302/)

Maybe we'll finally get that PS4 Pro/Xbonx patch? (Haha, no)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's probably just a bundle that outright gives you a good car and apartment for Online instead of a Shark Card or whatever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

precision posted:

It's probably just a bundle that outright gives you a good car and apartment for Online instead of a Shark Card or whatever.

More likely just the general season-pass-on-the-disc GOTY release.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rockstar are dangerously close to reaching Valve-levels of never needing to make a game again. GTAV sold so much and made so much from micro transactions that I'm surprised they even bothered to make RDR2. Wouldn't be surprised if that's their last big game for a long time.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rockstar are dangerously close to reaching Valve-levels of never needing to make a game again. GTAV sold so much and made so much from micro transactions that I'm surprised they even bothered to make RDR2. Wouldn't be surprised if that's their last big game for a long time.

They probably were already working on it when GTAV was released.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's absolutely no chance RDR2 won't have a similar online model and it's gonna make a lot of nerds rage.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That’s a very cynical view of their desire to create games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If RDR Online has the whispered-amount battle royale mode I may not mind so much

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I want to buy ridiculous saddles for my horse. And maybe colored horseshoes?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

veni veni veni posted:

And dragons dogma owns.

Late but :same:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Neddy Seagoon posted:

More likely just the general season-pass-on-the-disc GOTY release.

There isn't a season pass for GTA 5. The only thing to buy besides the game is shark cards.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

shut up blegum posted:

I've never played bloodborne, but from looking at that speedrun that was posted, it looks like: Grey and Brown: The Game.
Didn't that get old extremely quick? It bothered me after watching like 10 minutes of it.

it actually gets some pretty psychedelic skyboxes later on

shut up blegum posted:

Sorry for hurting your feelings I guess? :shrug:

:rolleyes:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's absolutely no chance RDR2 won't have a similar online model and it's gonna make a lot of nerds rage.

As long as it doesn't affect the single player I don't care.

(god I hope they won't ruin the single player with that garbage)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No guys, the dude trying to shitpost about the best PS4 game and contender for Top 10 GOAT is probably owning us and not himself by refusing to play it based on 10 minutes of speedrunning footage. Clearly we are the losers.

Andrast posted:

Shadow of War has shown me that there really isn't a way to incorporate lootboxes into a singleplayer game without pretty much ruining it, so unless it's 100% cordoned off from single-player and only affects multi im gonna wait. Then again, I was always gonna buy this game for the single player campaign and never touch the MP... either way ill need to wait a week and see how it shakes out.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Bust Rodd posted:

No guys, the dude trying to shitpost about the best PS4 game and contender for Top 10 GOAT is probably owning us and not himself by refusing to play it based on 10 minutes of speedrunning footage. Clearly we are the losers.

Lol, calm down dude. I only said that from what I've seen about Bloodborne so far, the aesthetic and look of the game isn't appealing to me. I'm not trying to 'own' anyone, I'm not 12 years old.
And this is the last thing I'll say about this because it's ridiculous. I don't like thing, who cares?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Cute Souls would be a great concept for a game, if nothing else but to watch people scream in frustration at dying to the fuzzy wuzzy wabbits over and over.

I've been wanting a Dark Souls meets Guacamelee for a long loving time. I love Bloodborne but gently caress am I tired of running from night time gothic alley to night time gothic cathedral, by way of night time gothic library

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah man Bloodborne and the Souls series are just so drat drab. I don’t dig fantasy settings at the best of times but mannnnn

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love you guys and respect your tastes but holy poo poo I’m glad I’m not like that. Fantasy/horror/spooky dreary gloomy environments are the best. So cozy.

I just booted the game up since I’ve got about an hour before taking my pup to the vet. Might be able to knock if the cleric beast!

The messengers scared the poo poo out of me when the dream loaded. Nice.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I love it too but it can be somewhat exhausting. Like in the Witcher 3, when I was finally able to get to Toussaint it was a breath of fresh air from all the death and war.

E: getting to anor londo is another example.

Over There fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 19, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It sounds like you all want fromsoft games to look like lords of the fallen or some Spawn poo poo and I'm glad none of you have any input in the creation of those games lol.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Andrast posted:

I highly doubt anything will be like that in RDR2 single player, just like I highly doubt they will ever update, fix, or add to the single player

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Are you sure you guys have all seen Hollow Knight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2amTl5lBYM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfLmc9ZHt8

It sounds like exactly what you are talking about?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 19, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

I really need to play this

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bust Rodd posted:

GiantBomb called this "Newgrounds graphics" in their GOTY awards. I'm still pissed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They’re not wrong.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They’re not wrong.

*from a great distance* gently caress yooouuuu, buddy

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Samuringa posted:

GiantBomb called this "Newgrounds graphics" in their GOTY awards. I'm still pissed.

GiantBomb is just a dead shell now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They’re not wrong.

Same. I really don't get what the appeal of HK is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Same. I really don't get what the appeal of HK is.

It's one of the best metroidvanias ever made

I too don't understand why anyone would like that

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Theres only so many ways you can arrange platfotms on a 2d plane. Metroidvanias are way too huge for my taste

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samurai Sanders posted:

When he shoots people he’s using his manly magic to curve the bullets or pellets so they don’t hit any vital areas.

Edit: even at point blank range. He curves them after they enter their body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

exquisite tea posted:

Cute Souls would be a great concept for a game, if nothing else but to watch people scream in frustration at dying to the fuzzy wuzzy wabbits over and over.
Knack is cute and colorful

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
I beat Hollow Knight and thought it was just okay

Also it is Newground-sy, just better version of that I guess.

There is definitely a flash game ancestry behind how it plays and all

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm not sure what makes Hollow Knight stand out among the other 300 Metroidvanias released last year.

The latest I finished are Iconoclasts (bigger focus on story) and Guacamelee (fun coop).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Renoistic posted:

I'm not sure what makes Hollow Knight stand out among the other 300 Metroidvanias released last year.

being great at everything

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just making sure I'm not overlooking. Is there a thread for red dead yet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Renoistic posted:

The latest I finished are Iconoclasts (bigger focus on story) and Guacamelee (fun coop).

Well-developed aesthetics (even if the flat shading on everything does look a little retro the art is entirely hand-drawn, by one person, and includes a large variety of locales and scenery effects), combat that's difficult without being distracting, does Dark Souls-esque LORE almost as well as the Souls games themselves, and, crucially, constant and substantial DLC updates that are all provided free of charge.

It's a hugely ambitious and generous game that took a lot of people by surprise.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Until I saw a screenshot I just assumed people were talking about another Shovel Knight thing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

It's one of the best metroidvanias ever made

I too don't understand why anyone would like that

I love metroidvanias but HK is boring as hell.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I love metroidvanias but HK is boring as hell.

Clearly you don't love good metroidvanias then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
The host was firing blanks at a doorman loaded with squibs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxklDwvGx0