Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Majorian posted:

The rabbit hole deepens!
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1644401179198103554

I love how dumb this all is at every level.

The original documents are traced to a Vampire The Masquerade play-by-post discord server, set in Kiev. They were written by the DM in response to a Malkavian rolling a 10- critical on a premonition roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tythas posted:

How about we don't post pictures of classified materials or tweets with the pictures of classified material in the thread

I’m declaring it unclass and authorizing it for public release, but it’s a long weekend.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Organ Fiend posted:

The original documents are traced to a Vampire The Masquerade play-by-post discord server, set in Kiev. They were written by the DM in response to a Malkavian rolling a 10- critical on a premonition roll.

I fully believe this. Given how the story has unfolded so far I have zero reason not to.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Meaning? Like that no actually knows what's going on at the ground and the decision makers are drinking the cool aid?

in situations like these, i wonder if middle managers feed kool-aid to the decision makers because that's what the mid-level people want, or that's because what they think the decision makers want to see, or do the decision-makers in fact specifically ask for a big helping of kool aid ?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tythas posted:

How about we don't post pictures of classified materials or tweets with the pictures of classified material in the thread

1, we don't know that it's actually classified material in the first place, 2, it's all over the mainstream media, and 3, it's all over the other Ukraine threads.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Tythas posted:

why not

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Just want to alert all DoD posters, troops, and spooks in C-SPAM: there are CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS being posted here and if your boss finds out, you may be BLACK BAGGED and sent DOWN THE RIVER to GUANTANAMO BAY.

Read at your own risk!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tythas posted:

i personally like the fact seeing public information puts your existing clearance at risk :downs:

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Just want to alert all DoD posters, troops, and spooks in C-SPAM: there are CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS being posted here and if your boss finds out, you may be BLACK BAGGED and sent DOWN THE RIVER to GUANTANAMO BAY.

Read at your own risk!

maybe if youre lucky desantis will come out of retirement to supervise your waterboarding :allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Read at your own risk!

ty for your service comrade

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Tythas posted:

if you're truly a troop and you've already seen the twitter embeds, it's too late for you.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Everything is classified. It's not good poo poo unless it's TOP SECRET

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Tythas posted:

Even if we grant any of this is real, imagine respecting the empire enough to avert your eyes from that which it wants you not to see.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

DoD stooge who actively reads/posted in c-spam: "hey guys, i don't want to lose my job over these documents!"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Delta-Wye posted:

i personally like the fact seeing public information puts your existing clearance at risk :downs:

Listen, it’s pretty clear:

Classified Applies to information or assets that, if compromised, could reasonably be expected to cause injury to the national interest, defence and maintenance of the social, political and economic stability of Canada. :canada:

TS Applies to information or assets that, if compromised, could cause exceptionally grave injury to the national interest.

I, FF, swear that I will faithfully and honestly fulfil the duties that devolve on me by reason of my employment in the government of Canada and that I will not, without due authority, disclose or make known any matter that comes to my knowledge by reason of such employment. So help me (God or name of deity).

By name of deity, I swear this did not originate on my desk.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Apr 7, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MargoGontar/status/1644285197922205697?t=y50hY6ZeDeMROaVRE0WfyA&s=19

How does "millions of Ukrainians fought for the Red Army" reconcile with the revisionist history of Ukraine where the USSR tried to genocide them and [as a consequence] the Ukrainian people resisted Soviet imperialism at every turn? Were all these people drafted against their will? If the Red Army committed atrocities and marched on Europe as a conquering occupier, is it bad that it was actually Ukrainians who were "ethnically cleansing" Germans out of East Prussia?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

One story for western liberals, another for the domestic audience?

Someone here did a much better job explaining how they do this before, I wish I saved it.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Every contradiction is a source of more excuses.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

national interest.

i bet id get a different answer on canada's vital national interests if i asked chrystia freeland :eng99:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Tythas posted:

person with a security clearance detected, lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Tythas posted:

*Dril voice* No.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
security clearence respecters itt

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how is being an enlisted cspam poster real haha just frag your co just blow up the magazine lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mod challenge: get more goon troops fired

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

what if you had a security clarence but it was just a dipshit angel trying to convince you that the world would be worse off if you posted that schematic to the war thunder forums

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tythas posted:

how about i give u clearance to suk my dick

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Danann posted:

either we're on multiple levels of psyops or we're looking at another vietnam/afghanistan situation in the making

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
if i was a troop, i would simply not go to the anti-troop thread that's posting stuff above my clearance

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Tythas posted:

lmao nerd

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I feel like posting in the thread where the documents are just gives them more ways to prove you read them

Also lol at having security clearance but also such a tenous connection to your employer that they'd fire you for seeing a twitter embed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

redneck nazgul posted:

what if you had a security clarence but it was just a dipshit angel trying to convince you that the world would be worse off if you posted that schematic to the war thunder forums

We have clearance, Clarence

Roger, roger!

What's your vector, Victor?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Dishonorably discharged for opening the bird app ftw

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Tythas posted:

Your classifications mean nothing to me

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, I wouldn’t suggest posting itt with your government issued laptop.

As for the documents, yeah, the entire thing is pretty bizarre, even for the US security apparatus. I suggest I have to eventual hunt down the other documents because all I have seen are very low res even if it doesn’t seem that juicy.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I'm just kind of gobsmacked that that would be someone's first interjection into the thread, as if they haven't been reading it at all

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Guys you don't want Ukraine to lose do you?? :kiddo:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

i want the war to end, because war is bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Futanari Damacy posted:

Luckily we are all about the slava and death rides itt

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Well the best way to end the war is to carry water for the war machine and vocally support more war :dumb: Anything else is stanning for Russia

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
As posters it is incumbent on us to protect the integrity of the military security apparatus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tythas posted:

ok but can i still do long emptyquotes of stupid posts with equally stupid batman jokes snuck in