Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Whoever at NoA decided it would be just great to put taglines and ad copy on the box covers of NA SNES releases.... you suck. I mean the overall design is also kinda awful, with the dots and the excessive black space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ofecks posted:

Whoever at NoA decided it would be just great to put taglines and ad copy on the box covers of NA SNES releases.... you suck. I mean the overall design is also kinda awful, with the dots and the excessive black space.

Actually it's cool

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Our frothing demand for this game increases...

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Ineffiable posted:

Our frothing demand for this game increases...

Haha, my little rant also brought this to mind.

Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of Ikaruga. I imported the Dreamcast port (pre-ordered it, even), and the hype was unreal, but it was pretty disappointing. I was a relatively new player of Radiant Silvergun at the time so I couldn't help but compare the two and found that I much prefer RSG. Ikky did get a little better once I had a tate setup going, but the overall gameplay... meeehhh. I'll stick to the superplay videos of it, those are amazing.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Sakurazuka posted:

I have lately become completely obsessed with the SNES Gradius 3 soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QTH2roiWuY

It’s legit better than the arcade soundtrack. Something about those echo’y SNES “waahs” and baseline just hits right with it.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou is out on digital shops now, and physical copies are beginning to ship. Anybody picking it up?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

beer gas canister posted:

Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou is out on digital shops now, and physical copies are beginning to ship. Anybody picking it up?

playasia shipped it yesterday.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Of all M2's recently published games I think DOJ's reputation gives it a decent of being localized. I'm cool with waiting a while to see if it happens. I've got a big shmup backlog anyways.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/03/project-egg-retro-games-coming-to-switch

Looks like these are coming Dec 21st.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Cho Ren Sha when

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Was genuinely excited for the Relics collection - the kind of Japanese madness that only Hardcore Gaming 101 would cover.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
When is the new(old) dodonpachi coming to the e-store?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Ineptitude posted:

It’s already out, on the Japanese shops. Been out for about a week.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Ineptitude posted:

I wouldn't expect and English release, use da JP eshop or buy a cart.

I saw a claim that it sold approx 8k units so far across both consoles, compared to something like 2k for the latest Toaplan Garage release

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I wouldn't expect and English release, use da JP eshop or buy a cart.

I saw a claim that it sold approx 8k units so far across both consoles, compared to something like 2k for the latest Toaplan Garage release

How import friendly is it?

I am thinking of getting it on eshop.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop
I bought a cart with US money on Amazon JP. It was just like buying from US Amazon. If you like digital, just make a JP account on your Switch, buy a yen card from Playasia, apply to JP account then purchase

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do have a bunch of Amazon credit burning a hole in my digital wallet; I will see if that can apply to Amazon JP for the cart. I will consider it.

EDIT: i meant import friendly as in is it easy to navigate if I do not know japanese :v:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop
Main menus and gadgets are in English, tutorials and options are totally in Japanese. They play well with the Google Translate app, at least, and once you've configured everything there's little need for adjustment. Navigating to the various modes is easy and they're all labeled in English

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Main menus and gadgets are in English, tutorials and options are totally in Japanese. They play well with the Google Translate app, at least, and once you've configured everything there's little need for adjustment. Navigating to the various modes is easy and they're all labeled in English

Thank you! Much appreciated! :)

EDIT: Okay, JP Amazon needs a separate account so using my gift credit is a no go. Ah well.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 19, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1405500/Angel_at_Dusk/

Is this...uhhh...Galshell 3?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I can't keep track, they've been making games that look exactly like that for over 20 years now.

Amazing trailer though.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
Akiragoya's games are a wonderful disgusting mess but they are also very fun to play, I'm still hoping for Yakouga 6 to get released in digital version, it's been impossible to find for years now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bunch of shmups on sale on PSN at the moment, grabbed Batsugun & Layer Secton S Tribute and Deathsmiles 1&2.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Same sale on switch, tempted to pick up Batsugun.
Almost forgot I picked up Deathsmiles and I've got the Ray collection incoming at some point

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow didn't realise Deathsmiles 2 was in atrocious looking 3D lol

Reive
May 21, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow didn't realise Deathsmiles 2 was in atrocious looking 3D lol

I actually really like the way it looks, reminds me old sega arcade games, especially the way the horror creatures are textured.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
christ why can't I get Xevious and its millions of clones like Exed Exes and 1941 out of my head?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Xevious is devious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't realise until recently that the 'random game noises' in the arcade in Earthbound were actually extremely obviously Xevious sound effects.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Got my Rinne Tensei this week, and what a release. So many modes, so much everything. Shottriggers really is the gold standard for rereleases of old games.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

KennyMan666 posted:

Got my Rinne Tensei this week, and what a release. So many modes, so much everything. Shottriggers really is the gold standard for rereleases of old games.

Finally ordered a copy, incredibly excited, not played it since I sold my PS2 version

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Fifty bucks for the Limited Run Games release of M2's Tiger-Heli anthology.

gimme a fuckin break

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Just buy the Japanese version I guess, it's about the same price.

Shottriggers DDP Dai Oh Jou is incredible. Port is completely amazing, super smooth, fast, responsive, the gadgets are ridiculous and amazing.
All the different game modes are great, haven't even played Black Label yet.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm a sucker and am likely preordering it. If I really want to save money, there's always the Japanese PlayStation Store that I can buy directly from.

I just hate the cost of having obscure interests.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop
Yep DOJ is fabulous. Yesterday I managed to fumble through to Stage 4 in Black Label. Hoping for a 1st loop clear in 2024

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The update for G-Darius Collection on Steam is out of public beta and available to everyone. If you weren't paying attention, this adds proper support for Steam Deck. Hopefully this carries over to any future M2 PC ports...

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

next batch of Bitwave ports, hopefully these ones aren't broken. I skipped their last collection and already have the Saturn Batsugun port, but Fixeight and Vimana have got my interest.

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/01/batsugun-fixeight-tiger-heli-and-vimana-coming-to-pc-on-february-1

Reive
May 21, 2009

Any reason to get the ps version of doj over switch? I'd prefer switch but it's been hit or miss

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Electric Underground measured the difference in input lag between them, and Switch has a bit more, but IIRC it was like three frames on Switch vs. two on PS4. I have both versions and they both play great in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Because it's been discounted on Steam for almost the past month now, I gave the Sol Cresta demo a spin.

I just... I just can't decide if I like this or not, and no one in here seems to have mentioned it in some time. It seems decent, but nothing is standing out from the demo.