Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

These are bad guys, they really are a mutual enemy of the party, the empire, the rebellion, the black suns, and the hutts, any plan that doesn't involve going through with destroying them is going to get vetoed by the rest of the party anyway. The question is, how can we make this a blow against the empire at the same time?

fabricate a bunch of intel that says they want to work together to strike a rebel sympathetic group, when they meet up together, ambush them. Or, you're the rebel group, set a trap for them. You could also try and set the terrorists up at a hutt controlled location, kill em all, and leave obvious evidence that the Empire called in the hit.

These guys hate our guts specifically. We were working for them and double crossed them, kidnapped their leader, left him braindead, and sold his comatose body to the empire. Their new leader is a woman who once owned me, and is the ex wife of 2 of the other party members, and all three of us want her dead. This is part of why the rest of the party is ok with working with the empire, we really do want to take these guys out.

also, wait wha-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

KittyEmpress posted:

Make the empire commit a ton of high powered poo poo to the operation, then leak the empire's intentions to the terrorists to make sure they are ready for the armored division. Film their planning and coordination. Use the chance to put a back door into imperial systems. Sabotage their forces while they are distracted fighting. Alert the rebellion to the movement and have them carry out an operation at the same time somewhere close enough that the imperials attack on the terrorists prevent them from fighting back. Steal munitions/ships/vehicles from the terrorists for later rebel pick up. Tag imperial troops/carriers/ships/gear etc with tracking beacons and give the info to rebels so they can track imperial movements.

Oh we are going to get the empire to commit as many resources as we can get them to, goes without saying. But just because we hate the empire doesn't mean we want the terrorists to get out of this alive, we all have skin in that game, and we are going to be there too. If the terrorists are too prepared its our heads.

TheTofuShop posted:

fabricate a bunch of intel that says they want to work together to strike a rebel sympathetic group, when they meet up together, ambush them. Or, you're the rebel group, set a trap for them. You could also try and set the terrorists up at a hutt controlled location, kill em all, and leave obvious evidence that the Empire called in the hit.

also, wait wha-

Those are pretty good plans. Did you mean fabricate intel for the terrorists that the empire wants to work with them to take down the rebellion? I don't think they'd believe it or be willing to work with the empire. The hutt thing is because the hutts and the empire have an uneasy peace, right? I don't really know about Star Wars politics.

And it's pretty straightforward, Hu Izzat, a trandoshan, was married to one party member (our Ryn performer). They divorced, and at some point she acquired my character (astromech droid slicer). Then she remarried another party member (trandoshan assassin). They divorced when he found out she was working for the black suns (he worked for the empire), and he got me in the divorce, not knowing that I was a slicer also working for the black suns. This is all just part of our characters backstories, then our game started, the two of us met the rest of the party, and we were all captured by these terrorists. We escaped by taking their leader as a hostage, and Hu Izzat rose to fill the power vacuum. If any of this is interesting to any of you, we record our sessions for a podcast called the Whiskey Rebellion http://www.loadeddicenetwork.com/category/podcasts/whiskeyrebellion/ I think we are pretty funny but ymmv

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Oh we are going to get the empire to commit as many resources as we can get them to, goes without saying. But just because we hate the empire doesn't mean we want the terrorists to get out of this alive, we all have skin in that game, and we are going to be there too. If the terrorists are too prepared its our heads.

If you can cripple the terrorists transportation then you can sabotage the Empire to your hearts'/motivators' content. If they can't get away the EMpire is likely to try to drown them in troopers and vehicles, and you should be able to engineer high casualties.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Servetus posted:

If you can cripple the terrorists transportation then you can sabotage the Empire to your hearts'/motivators' content. If they can't get away the EMpire is likely to try to drown them in troopers and vehicles, and you should be able to engineer high casualties.

Yeah, they're a little better equipped than you are probably thinking. We captured an interdictor for them the last time we worked with them...

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Yeah, they're a little better equipped than you are probably thinking. We captured an interdictor for them the last time we worked with them...

:eyepop: Is the Empire aware that you guys may've been responsible for that? Either way, I second the below:

Cobbsprite posted:

What kind of assistance is the Empire giving you? (If any?) Do your contacts with the Rebellion extend enough to point out targets of opportunity for them? Is there anything in the system valuable that the Rebellion would want to hit, but can't with Imperial forces arrayed the way they normally are? Can you pull those forces out of position so someone else can hit them? Can you hypothetically arrange for an Imperial orbital bombardment of Imp ground forces, telling them that it's the enemy? DID YOU GET PAID UP FRONT?

KittyEmpress posted:

Make the empire commit a ton of high powered poo poo to the operation, then leak the empire's intentions to the terrorists to make sure they are ready for the armored division. Film their planning and coordination. Use the chance to put a back door into imperial systems. Sabotage their forces while they are distracted fighting. Alert the rebellion to the movement and have them carry out an operation at the same time somewhere close enough that the imperials attack on the terrorists prevent them from fighting back. Steal munitions/ships/vehicles from the terrorists for later rebel pick up. Tag imperial troops/carriers/ships/gear etc with tracking beacons and give the info to rebels so they can track imperial movements.
Except for with regards to the second quote; seeing as you actually do want the terrorists dead, maybe tip the terrorists off (possibly anonymously via some of your old connections, in exchange for a small sum of cash from them or something), but only say that a small strike team is inbound - and not let them know about the full scope of the assault. So they'll be somewhat prepared, but not prepared for the full extent of the actual attack that's about to take place on their base.
So the outcome would be that they'll hopefully deal more damage to the Imps (rather than being taken by surprise), but still ultimately be wiped out.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 2, 2016

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Major Isoor posted:

:eyepop: Is the Empire aware that you guys may've been responsible for that? Either way, I second the below:

Yeah, we're pretty sure we're going to be double crossed at some point

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Yeah, we're pretty sure we're going to be double crossed at some point

Kill the terrorists, get the reward (or get double crossed). Then attack the empire with help from the non-terrorists you saved.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Re: the camera: kill the terrorists, get the reward (or not), go to the Rebellion with your detailed video showing the interiors of all the Imperial facilities you visited, the approximate number of troops in the area, the identity of the commanders, the tactics the Empire expects their mercenaries to use…. The propaganda option is good, too.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

I guess I'll let you all know how it goes (spectacularly poorly) after we play on friday.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
I have a question about the Droid race and the More Machine Than Man talent from the Special Modifications book (Edge of the Empire).

The Droid race gets six implants (instead of a number of implants equal to their Brawl). The More Machine Than Man talent adds one to your implant limit for every time you take the repeatable talent.

Does taking More Machine Than Man on a Droid increase your implant limit above six?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I would say yes, because it would work that way for a brawn 6 non-droid.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

wiegieman posted:

I would say yes, because it would work that way for a brawn 6 non-droid.

Plus it's factually accurate and does not become contradictory at all, as a result of taking the talent - the droid is more machine than man, so it seems fine to me! :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Plus it's factually accurate and does not become contradictory at all, as a result of taking the talent - the droid is more machine than man, so it seems fine to me! :v:

Oh, but won't you be eating crow when they release a sourcebook with shadowrun-style genetically engineered cloned bioware.

Not even Star Wars can escape from essence calculations!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

wiegieman posted:

sourcebook with shadowrun-style

Please god no

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

GitHub has been updated with the latest version of the bot, sorry for the delay, and again a major thanks to Fuzz for some testing.

Changes are basically that lowercase letters can be used (!roll aa for example), as well as the option to toggle verbose results on or off. Verbose results basically calls out each individual die ("Rolled an Ability Die, got a 7, for this and that result". It can get unwieldy, but it was requested so might as well.

There's more to come, like duty/obligation/morality rolls, and destiny tokens, so if you have suggestions, please let me know.

VV: Don't know about a font, but Discord can do custom emoticons, although I don't think there's a way for the bot to carry them (although it would be easy to make it output stuff in emoji)

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 13, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone got a font that has all the icons for FF SW dice? Like, you know the green d8s, the yellow d12s, etc.?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is this thread right? Can a properly upgraded force-user use move to bring down a Star Destroyer?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Is this thread right? Can a properly upgraded force-user use move to bring down a Star Destroyer?

RAW, I think the disparity between personal and ship scale would prevent that...but if it fit the tone of the campaign I was GMing, I would absolutely allow it under rule of cool, especially if there was good narrative justification (like the ship was already crashing or whatever)

Covok
May 27, 2013

jivjov posted:

RAW, I think the disparity between personal and ship scale would prevent that...but if it fit the tone of the campaign I was GMing, I would absolutely allow it under rule of cool, especially if there was good narrative justification (like the ship was already crashing or whatever)

I can't find anything say silhoutte changes on a planetary scale. If a star Destroyer is in orbit, can't you spend 3 force pips to move a silhoutte 12 object?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

I can't find anything say silhoutte changes on a planetary scale. If a star Destroyer is in orbit, can't you spend 3 force pips to move a silhoutte 12 object?

Doesn't Move have a range limit on it? I would think that even in orbit, a star destroyer is beyond Extreme range (don't have my books in front of me at the moment; I may be completely wrong)

Covok
May 27, 2013

jivjov posted:

Doesn't Move have a range limit on it? I would think that even in orbit, a star destroyer is beyond Extreme range (don't have my books in front of me at the moment; I may be completely wrong)

Hmm, personal extreme range does require two manuevers and strain to cost. So, even if the Star Destroyer was above the city, it'd be too far.

But, what if you flew next to it? Or were on it? You could move a Star Destroyer.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Hmm, personal extreme range does require two manuevers and strain to cost. So, even if the Star Destroyer was above the city, it'd be too far.

But, what if you flew next to it? Or were on it? You could move a Star Destroyer.

I seem to recall some sidebar text saying that you can't move the thing you're standing on. But if you were nearby, yeah; you could shove or nudge it around. Just keep the distance in mind; pulling a lightsaber across the room is impressive. Moving a star destroyer that same distance isn't quite as cool.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Covok posted:

Generally a force power ability cant spend multiple pips on the one ability unless it specifically says it can be spent multiple times. So the Magnitude can be activated multiple times to keep increasing the number of targets but the Strength can only be tapped once meaning the largest size thing you can move is silhouette 4. I mean you can obviously house rule it but RAW its capped to that.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 13, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

kingcom posted:

Generally a force power ability can spend multiple pips on the one ability unless it specifically says it can be spent multiple times. So the Magnitude can be activated multiple times to keep increasing the number of targets but the Strength can only be tapped once meaning the largest size thing you can move is silhouette 4. I mean you can obviously house rule it but RAW its capped to that.

Are you sure? The person in the thread claims the opposite and the person discussing this with me seems to think you can move silhoutte 12 with this power. I question that saying the same thing you said, but they claimed otherwise.

Wait, i just saw it. Strength can't be used multiple times so, you're right, you can only move silhouette 4 at max.

Funny enough, this is still kind of a big deal because AT-AT are silhouette 4.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Covok posted:

Are you sure? The person in the thread claims the opposite and the person discussing this with me seems to think you can move silhoutte 12 with this power. I question that saying the same thing you said, but they claimed otherwise.

Wait, i just saw it. Strength can't be used multiple times so, you're right, you can only move silhouette 4 at max.

Funny enough, this is still kind of a big deal because AT-AT are silhouette 4.

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats how it works and yes the power is still very good even with that restriction to the point that all powers are measured against it. It's just not quite star destroyer levels of moving strength. The important thing to remember though is that you need 3 pips spend to lift an AT-AT usually as you'll need the Main pip to activate the power, the Strength Pip for size and the Range Pip to get the distance give just getting the thing off the ground is already moving it out of short range give its sheer size really (though just tipping it over probably works fine).

kingcom fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 13, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

I wonder if I should house rule my AT-ATs to be silhouette 5 or not. I mean, I'm okay with Move affecting everything else silhouette 4, but AT-ATs do seem a tad much. You are, essentially, toppling a giant with just the force. Not to mention that, with enough force points and XP, you can lift one and hurl it into another with enough force to destroy the other one. You can literally destroy AT-ATs by knocking them into one another.

It's just a surprising bit of high power, to me, considering how low-power the force is in FF.

Also, anyone know if the 7 lightsaber forms (and Vapaad) are still canon?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Covok posted:

I think so, they have Canon Wookieepedia pages, and I believe that they're mentioned in the Force and Destiny book as well

Edit: Also isn't Vaapad Form VII? Or am I missing something?

VV: Oh ok. Wookieepedia has Form VII as both Juyo and Vaapad, that's where I was getting my info. But yeah, it's canon.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 14, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Serperoth posted:

I think so, they have Canon Wookieepedia pages, and I believe that they're mentioned in the Force and Destiny book as well

Edit: Also isn't Vaapad Form VII? Or am I missing something?

Juyo is the official Form VII. Vaapad is an alternate Form VII only ever used by Mace Windu and has a super-huge-no-joke risk of falling to the dark side just by using it (has a lot to do with the mindset required).

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Inquisitor in Rebels S1 mentions that Kanan relies too heavily on a specific form.

Covok
May 27, 2013

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

The Inquisitor in Rebels S1 mentions that Kanan relies too heavily on a specific form.

That's rich coming from a guy who uses a lightsaber with a built in handicap. "Can't compete with a normal blade so I had to build in a rotary device to make up for my lack of skill."

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just checked—it's Form III.

Covok
May 27, 2013

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Just checked—it's Form III.

Soresu, huh?

Says a lot he is big on the defensive, guardian form.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Covok posted:

You are, essentially, toppling a giant with just the force.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Covok posted:

I wonder if I should house rule my AT-ATs to be silhouette 5 or not. I mean, I'm okay with Move affecting everything else silhouette 4, but AT-ATs do seem a tad much. You are, essentially, toppling a giant with just the force. Not to mention that, with enough force points and XP, you can lift one and hurl it into another with enough force to destroy the other one. You can literally destroy AT-ATs by knocking them into one another.

It's just a surprising bit of high power, to me, considering how low-power the force is in FF.

So firstly picking up an AT-AT is going to break through range bands so they need 3 pips, do able but probably requiring destiny points flips to be reliable until they have a few force dice at least. The general practice I run with for stuff like this is to treat a crewed and operating AT-AT as a Nemesis rather than just a Minion. Using force powers against a nemesis requires opposed checks to be made (as of Force and Destiny finally putting rules for it in place). The usually its the force users discipline vs something appropriate to resist whats going on. Given a vehicle doesn't really have skills or anything you can just set the difficulty to whatever you think is appropriate. 2 red + 2 purple seems roughly right for my group though if you want to bump it up and down that works too.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 15, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

How powerful are really high level Force-Users? Like, I get there is the trade off of "do I spend it on my class or my force powers" that keeps them in check, but I am curious how a Force Rating 3+ Force User is in play. Someone with at least 300-500xp and all of it in F&D classes/force powers.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Force investment provides exponential returns. Low power move isn't worth your time, move with upgrades and 4-6 force rating wipes whole encounters with a single use.

Covok
May 27, 2013

wiegieman posted:

Force investment provides exponential returns. Low power move isn't worth your time, move with upgrades and 4-6 force rating wipes whole encounters with a single use.

I noticed that. Is it true that you can destroy a squadron of Tie Fighters with properly advanced move? They are all under silhouette 4 and slamming them into each other would be lethal.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You could but the amount of exp you'd need to do it is insane, plus the pilots might be able to still out pilot your move attempt and compensate. You need ridiculous dice pools to do stuff like that.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Yeah force rating 4 and move fully upgraded is like 4-5 classes worth of xp. If you have ~600 xp on a jedi you're approaching Vader territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The thing to remember is that awesome force powers are kinda there to make up for mediocre class talents. Force Move will eventually be stupidly overpowered. So will a bounty hunter with invulnerable armor and the biggest heavy repeater he can find.