Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DJ Dizzy posted:

Guys... GUYS!

Raven Guard or Space Wolves.

I am an indecisive prick :negative:

panascope posted:

No bad guys? Shameful.

Space Emos or Space Furries

Classic loyalist dilema

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DJ Dizzy posted:

Guys... GUYS!

Stay strong. Book VII will arrive some day.

I'm not that big a fan of Raven Guard, but they have tons of model support already so there'd be no need to wait on anything. They're no heavy metal space vikings though. I also find the Wolves' story in 30k more interesting. That said, it's just sad what the Space Wolves degenerate into in 40k.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

Space Emos or Space Furries

Classic loyalist dilema

It's better than being four-way gangbanged by a morbidly obese dude, a hairy dude with the temper of a volcano, a bird-man with 10 mouths, and a thing with 10 pair of breasts and 10 penises. But each to his own, I guess.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

There's nothing better than being four-way gangbanged by a morbidly obese dude, a hairy dude with the temper of a volcano, a bird-man with 10 mouths, and a thing with 10 pair of breasts and 10 penises. But each to his own, I guess.

Agreed

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Just finished up my Deredeo Deredreadnought:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Safety Factor posted:

Man, I thought I was crazy for doing checker patterns on my models. This rules, but I hope you're not planning on going to this level on every model. :v:

His word speaks through me.

Already going to update the Gal Vorbak I painted with similar runes... Time intensive but I think the end result is quite striking and worth the effort.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

DJ Dizzy posted:

Guys... GUYS!

Space Wolves have a lot of personality but it is admittedly pretty cool to go all l33t h4xx0r covert operators and fly around in darkwing duckships full of snipers and terminators and poo poo. What do you like about both?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Good news nerds:

FW hired a veteran 40k writer to help them finish the upcoming Prospero book :)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Good news nerds:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hell yeah. :unsmigghh:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
oh no no no no, what did we do to deserve this ward induced punishment. I swear I will never complain about FW proof reading again!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Prepare for WOLF KNIGHTS RIDING WOLF RAIDERS WHILE WOLFING YOUR WOLF.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

you loving troll

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

Good news nerds:

Not funny

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Look at all these wrong people, that's hilarious.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

Prepare for WOLF KNIGHTS RIDING WOLF RAIDERS WHILE WOLFING YOUR WOLF.

That was Phil Kelly, AKA one of the good ones :(

I just wish Ward got to help write Calth, since the Ultramarines would have bitch slapped the Word Bearers straight into the Eye of Terror, then gone to win the battle for Terra alone.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR staying true to tradition by being the biggest idiot poo poo poster in the thread

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ward's Wolves gonna backhand the 1K sons so hard Magnus will have to go back in time just to kill himself

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Atleast the wolves will get better rules than anybody else :smug:

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
"If Leman Russ is removed as a casualty roll a d6. on a 2+ he drags the entire opposing army into the webway, remove all enemy models in play with so saves of any kind allowed."

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

What are the go to Zone Mortalis 3rd party versions? I'm looking at uk/eur. £450 for a 4x4 is cray cray, and even chinaham isn't much cheaper.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
There isn't a good one yet. Kinda sucks :(

China doesn't recast the terrain as far as I know. I asked around and it comes down to cost- without special equipment the amount of resin that goes into it makes shipping and price point prohibitive.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I'm of the mind that a fatmat with some painted MDF walls would probably be the cheapest/easiest way to go.

e: like this:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 3, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

What are the go to Zone Mortalis 3rd party versions? I'm looking at uk/eur. £450 for a 4x4 is cray cray, and even chinaham isn't much cheaper.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wargame-model-mods/maze-of-the-dead-by-wargame-model-mods

But the KS is over so you'd have to wait for the retail version.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Thanks mate. Bit tricky to read on the phone but I assume this is flat cut stuff you assemble yourself? The LEDs look quite sick. Would be quite keen to get some of this in the medium-long term.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Correct! You can also buy the boards without the LEDs for a discount. Which is probably wise for the most part because there's no good way of turning them on/off and it'd probably drive most people insane to manage a 4x4 field.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

adamantium|wang posted:

I'm of the mind that a fatmat with some painted MDF walls would probably be the cheapest/easiest way to go.

e: like this:

Hey thats my blue dudes wrecking people with volkite on that board!
The guy who owns the terrain is a cool bro Scott and he has tried a couple of different methods of making boards. The easiest is that pic, FAT mat and walls + scatter terrain.

The next is super work intensive but awesome, its laser cut floor tiles/mesh that goes over mdf and then laser cut wall sections. Its all modular so the walls can be arranged however you want but the floor is static on the board sections.

The next is bordering on crazy cool and harder/more expensive to do. Scotty did the same flooring as before but this time he took walls and level sections from the 40k building terrain sets and made a ships interior/bridge!
the levels, gantries and walkways really add a cool dimension to the boards and the games. He is currently working on even more boards at the moment because he is terrain making machine and an all round cool dude.

If your after a supplier for some of the parts Scott sourced some of it from https://battlefield-accessories.myshopify.com/ and he is currently running a blog on his latest project here http://wab-ramblings.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/making-zone-mortalis-board-cheaply.html

Killer_Bees! fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 3, 2016

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Correct! You can also buy the boards without the LEDs for a discount. Which is probably wise for the most part because there's no good way of turning them on/off and it'd probably drive most people insane to manage a 4x4 field.

Tbh it looks like if you place the battery pack in an intelligent place it isn't hard just to pop them out to turn the lights on/off

E: just read that it's 2 batteries per 1x1 board... So you'd need to fanny about with at least 12 batteries for a 4x4 to turn off. Still... Looks sick.

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 3, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

With the armoured breakthrough RoW, are the predators scoring?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think I've come up with a Forge Lord idea that I'm just going to have to convert.
Centurion (Forge Lord - comes with servo-arm and artificer armor)
*Refractor Field
*Terranic Greatsword
*Rad Grenades
*Whatever else might be entertaining like an augury scanner and maybe meltabombs. Maybe even a combi-grenade launcher with stasis rounds if I have the points.
*Familiar? Is the boost to a 4++ worth 15 points? I guess he could get a 3++ in cataphractii, but that seems like a waste of points given that he comes with artificer as standard and wouldn't let his attached squad run or sweep.

Basically, I want to plop this rear end in a top hat into a blob squad with an apothecary and let him go to town. His weapons load-out would be ready for pretty much anything. Rad grenades should provide a similar overall benefit as hatred from a chaplain though the squad won't be fearless. A vexilla would help alleviate that, but it wouldn't be perfect. Whatever. A charge after a stasis hit would result in fighting WS3 I3 T3 marines. WS3 is a moot point thanks to the Dark Angels' legion bonus, but the combination of I3 and T3 would be totally worth it.
:getin:

I'm going to have to proxy this guy in my next game, but it's going to be 1500 against orks so I almost feel bad. I also want to try out a moritat for shits and giggles if I can. The variety of HQ options available in 30k is like catnip to me. I've already made five models with plans for plenty more. There are twelve consul options. There will be some repeats thanks to wargear like jetbikes and terminator armor. Help me. Please.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

I think I've come up with a Forge Lord idea that I'm just going to have to convert.
Centurion (Forge Lord - comes with servo-arm and artificer armor)
*Refractor Field
*Terranic Greatsword
*Rad Grenades
*Whatever else might be entertaining like an augury scanner and maybe meltabombs. Maybe even a combi-grenade launcher with stasis rounds if I have the points.
*Familiar? Is the boost to a 4++ worth 15 points? I guess he could get a 3++ in cataphractii, but that seems like a waste of points given that he comes with artificer as standard and wouldn't let his attached squad run or sweep.

Basically, I want to plop this rear end in a top hat into a blob squad with an apothecary and let him go to town. His weapons load-out would be ready for pretty much anything. Rad grenades should provide a similar overall benefit as hatred from a chaplain though the squad won't be fearless. A vexilla would help alleviate that, but it wouldn't be perfect. Whatever. A charge after a stasis hit would result in fighting WS3 I3 T3 marines. WS3 is a moot point thanks to the Dark Angels' legion bonus, but the combination of I3 and T3 would be totally worth it.
:getin:

I'm going to have to proxy this guy in my next game, but it's going to be 1500 against orks so I almost feel bad. I also want to try out a moritat for shits and giggles if I can. The variety of HQ options available in 30k is like catnip to me. I've already made five models with plans for plenty more. There are twelve consul options. There will be some repeats thanks to wargear like jetbikes and terminator armor. Help me. Please.

4++ is always, always worth it, especially if you don't have eternal warrior. One scrub sergeant with a fist can ruin your whole day otherwise.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Familiars are always worth it. It's one of those subtle pieces of equipment that can make a big difference. Makes the Iron Hands so god damned good.

I spent tonight struggling to combine these two pieces into a cohesive looking marine shooting a multi melta on a rhino:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Tank-Crew
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Space-Marine-Legion-Pintle-Weapons-Set

Just painful. FW in their infinite wisdom made these two things not comparable with one another. The crew are too short and sit to far in the middle of a hatch to grab hold of the pintle weapon. It's taking a lot of custom work to make it work.

DJ Dizzy posted:

With the armoured breakthrough RoW, are the predators scoring?

Yep!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well... pucker your anuses, a SW armoured breakthrough list coming through.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Best place for third party tank treads for a Spartan?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Go with the retro style or if you want the chaosy feel, you can get yourself some of these:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Those are super sick, but it's like £25+ for a set including p and p... I went for these in the end

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-PAIR-HE...nQAAOSwLVZVp6TO

£6 and they fit on nicely

E: Cheers for the link though mate. They do look cool...

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 5, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is bringing an armoured breakthrough list at a 1k points escalation league bad manners?

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Is bringing an armoured breakthrough list at a 1k points escalation league bad manners?

No. It's educational.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Only if they allow all grenades to be used in CC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
No ROWs, 1 grenade only, Istvaan destination.