Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bakanogami posted:

Too bad that it's on a 6K max health berserker with no defensive skills, so you're probably only gonna get one turn to use it.

Other party members can take the hits. :colbert:

Seriously though I think she'd have good Synergy with Leondias on a Buster based team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Revolver Bunker posted:

I don't have Artoria yet but I did manage to roll Heracles on one of my ten rolls. My main team right now is Lv26 Medea, Lv24 Tamamo Cat Berzerker with whatever supports I can befriend.

I also have a Lv 26 Caster, Lv25 Robin Hood, Lv 18 Martha, Lv15 Kiyohime, Lv13 Jing Ke, Lv 17 Cu Chulainn Proto, Lv16 Hercales, Lv 20 Nero, Lv 19 Hassan, and Lv 11 Medusa.

I think I've been leveling too many servants up at the same time. I've only just started the Septem chapter as well. I think I might be doing something wrong.
This is obviously just my preference but I'd put most of my weight behind Heracles, Robin Hood, Tamamo Cat, Nero, and Medea, more or less in that order. If you're finding that your berserkers are dying too quickly then take a look at Georgios once you get him in the FP gacha. E: I love Medusa as she is my favorite FSN character so I'd probably probably keep her up to speed as well, but it'd be a lower priority than the rest.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 2, 2017

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

Other party members can take the hits. :colbert:

Seriously though I think she'd have good Synergy with Leondias on a Buster based team.

Yeah, I'm trying her out here and some of my way underleveled servants are doing way more damage than they have any right to on buster crits.

Also really enjoying the writing on this event. It's meta as hell, and basically every MC line has one option that's straight up Riyo Gudako.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Apparently the 200% buff was wrong and it's a 30% buff instead, which I guess makes more sense.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Want them to put in a new mystic code that turns you into Riyo Gudako

and make one of the abilities skip the next NP animation

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Which ends up turning on the normal speed np animation button.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really wish they would not use UTC for dates/timing on things. I kept thinking that there was an additional day of Nerofest, but in actuality today is the last day. I'll probably have to use an apple or two as I'll need about 60 more gold medals, but I should still be able to pull it off.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Figured I'd try one last time for Nero..... 1 10 Pull + 5 summon tickets.

2 Tamamocats (new), 2 Limited O/Z (New), 1 Heaven's feel (New-I think), 1 Grandr, 1 Bazett CE, 1 Cuchu Lancer F/SN, 1 Medusa, 1 ChildIshkandar, another of that Illsviel CE for buster cards, one of Einzbern Maids 4* CE I forget the name.

I mean... wtfk game?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 2, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to buy out all the materials just in time. Now I can go back to hand grinding in peace.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Riyo's art is good.

Edit: Ascension art
http://imgur.com/a/LFz8C

EzEight fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 2, 2017

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is something supposed to happen on your birthday? What's the point of putting it in?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Well at least they're keeping track of canon.

Although if they go that far then if Riyo Rider ever gets released, I wonder how long the NP animation will be.

PureRok posted:

Is something supposed to happen on your birthday? What's the point of putting it in?

If you talk to servants in My Room on your birthday they'll each have a unique voice line for you. That's pretty much it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bakanogami posted:

Well at least they're keeping track of canon.

Although if they go that far then if Riyo Rider ever gets released, I wonder how long the NP animation will be.

This game is cool and silly.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
What happens to leftover medals at the end of Nerofest anyways? Do they go away or just sit in your inventory forever?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Daraken posted:

What happens to leftover medals at the end of Nerofest anyways? Do they go away or just sit in your inventory forever?

They go away.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Daraken posted:

They disappear if you have not spent them by the time the store closes.

The store closes a couple of days after Nerofest ends, just in case you're not available on the exact date for whatever reason.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Bunyan is my new favorite welfare servant, this event is great

Also, it seems like this update has broken FGO for a lot of phones, it took me like 20 tries to log in without crashing

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Freak Futanari posted:

Also, it seems like this update has broken FGO for a lot of phones, it took me like 20 tries to log in without crashing

Yeah, I've been laughing my rear end off at the story parts, and I wanna try and make a good party that Bunyan would fit in.

I'd noticed the load times were exceptionally slow and it was even more unstable than usual, I guess it wasn't just me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yo how important is it to reroll in this game. i got a vlad on my initial roll but my next two ten rolls seem subpar

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

when does NA get the riyo event :(

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

yo how important is it to reroll in this game. i got a vlad on my initial roll but my next two ten rolls seem subpar

Almost every unit is somewhat viable and there are very good units at low rarities, so the purpose of rerolling is more to get something you like rather than to get something strong. If you like Vlad stick with him, especially since rerolling is now much harder because the launch bonuses have expired.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NRVNQSR posted:

Almost every unit is somewhat viable and there are very good units at low rarities, so the purpose of rerolling is more to get something you like rather than to get something strong. If you like Vlad stick with him, especially since rerolling is now much harder because the launch bonuses have expired.

i have a vlad/medea/robin hood team that seems pretty fun, even though the latter two are pretty squishy and vlad can get absolutely blasted for being a berserker. i also have some 4* ce that starts him at 60% charge rate which is nice, but the only saber i have rolled is gilles who seems kinda blah and the lily i got for free.

i actually am really enjoying that team i have so i am glad if it will be fine. i just wish they werent so squishy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Berserkers are kind of useless at low levels because of how quickly they die but it is absolutely worth the investment since once you level them up even a little bit they'll both start surviving longer and be able to kill anything way before they bite it anyway. Getting George in the FP roll mitigates this a lot as well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I hope Paul Bunyan means they're willing to do more Bronze Servant releases in the future.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I hope Paul Bunyan means they're willing to do more Bronze Servant releases in the future.

If they're not going to be adding them to the FP gatcha then there's no reason not to; at that point it's mostly just flavour whether a welfare servant is 1*, 4*, 0* or 6*.

The longer the game goes on the less interested people will be in low-star promos, though, because they're not going to be particularly team cost limited any more.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pureauthor posted:

:same:

I love my low-level guys.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Unlikely as you can't make money off bronze servants.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

rabidsquid posted:

It's not critical, but rerolling can save you money and frustration if there are specific 4/5* Servants you want. Feel free to save the transfer code for your current account and reroll as much as you want. You can use the transfer code to get your Vlad account back if you don't get anything better.

Vlad is great though and will become silly strong when paired with Tamamo who is coming out in a month or two.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

i'm gonna assume the other Riyo servants will be bronze as well, but I'm almost entirely sure the rabbit is Kaguya and she's such a famous Japanese figure idk if they're actually gonna make someone like her bronze

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

i'm gonna assume the other Riyo servants will be bronze as well, but I'm almost entirely sure the rabbit is Kaguya and she's such a famous Japanese figure idk if they're actually gonna make someone like her bronze

The rabbit has been spoiled by the book promos; as people expected, it's Georges Méliès.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that my newly, (shockingly painlessly) ascended Murder Cat isn't whacking people with the soup ladle she somehow aquired.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The next JP buffs are Sanzang's NP getting a damage up and defense ignore, and Babbage's attack up getting a 3 turn duration.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

... Because Sanzang was the SSR Caster in desperate need for a better offensive NP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nate RFB posted:

Berserkers are kind of useless at low levels because of how quickly they die but it is absolutely worth the investment since once you level them up even a little bit they'll both start surviving longer and be able to kill anything way before they bite it anyway. Getting George in the FP roll mitigates this a lot as well.

i actually had a george and didnt realize he's got two arts cards and can tank so i swapped robin hood for him and it's going a lot more smoothly now, thanks!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pureauthor posted:

... Because Sanzang was the SSR Caster in desperate need for a better offensive NP.

Th-there's still hope for Scheherazade!

:smith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Schubalts posted:

No way, it's about time for Tamamo to get a buff for her boring-rear end Witchcraft.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Strengthening Quest for Angra when?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

a kitten posted:

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that my newly, (shockingly painlessly) ascended Murder Cat isn't whacking people with the soup ladle she somehow aquired.

Man I hope she uses it when she finally gets an animation update.

Schubalts posted:

Schez is still a bit too new for a SQ. I mean, she does need it, but it was unlikely she'd get it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress this game.

I'm going on the third week of not being able to ascend my waver because I can't get a single monument to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Sanzou actually could use some buffs and while she needed skill buffs more than anything else giving her more damage isn't bad. Ilya needs buffs too but at the same time...

Ilya loving sucks