Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here is a question, what rituals does everyone go through before they attempt to 6 link their first item in a league?

I try to six-socket it beforehand. Tends to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here is a question, what rituals does everyone go through before they attempt to 6 link their first item in a league?

i spent 120 fuse and mentioned not even winding up with a 4L in gchat, and someone told me they're the lucky goon and to hand them the armor. then they gave it back 6L and said it took them <100 fuse.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Pick up a gameboy with my left hand and hold left+B while shift-clicking with my right

It's tricky

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Katasi posted:

Why are people are using Blood Aqueducts instead of Oasis? Oasis feels like it has WAY better density to me. It feels just like dried lake.

I get better exp/hr and it drops humility cards.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
My ritual is thus:

Get 6s item
Right click fusing stack
Hold shift while left clicking the item until it becomes 6L or I run out of fusings.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I'm getting bored SRing things, I want to spin to win with a chicken axe now. Because that's not boring, to an old D2 WW Barb with that Rare Pike/Lance. :black101:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Mr. Despair posted:

If i wanted to put together a hot poo poo wander to poo poo all over guardians and shaper specifically, what's going to do more for my single target action? a +2 barrage rat's nest (or abyssus I guess) and a relatively cheap wand, or a nicer wand and a cheaper +2 hat (rando rare with life or a devotos, probably).

Got a 6l belly with great rolls and about 1000c to spend on the rest of the poo poo if I do it.

unless you're dbk levels of baller, wearing a +2 rare hat will serve you better. also you should buy my wand and use a qotf instead of a belly so you can buy my chest as well.

also, if anyone wants to buy my wander gear, please have a look: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffWanders

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 4, 2017

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I've tried searching for something similar on poe trade and have seen some stuff that's kinda close ranging from 5C - 45C. Just wondering if this is worth anything?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I'm trying to find a way to run Blasphemy support with my Lightning resist curse (convection or something? lowers enemy lightning resist). Unfortunately, when I turn the curse into an aura with Blasphemy, it doesn't leave me enough mana to do the other things I need to do.

This is just my own build but it would be very nice to have the Lightning debuff curse running as an aura. Is there a way I can improve the mana leak here? I'm a lv35 witch

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm trying to find a way to run Blasphemy support with my Lightning resist curse (convection or something? lowers enemy lightning resist). Unfortunately, when I turn the curse into an aura with Blasphemy, it doesn't leave me enough mana to do the other things I need to do.

This is just my own build but it would be very nice to have the Lightning debuff curse running as an aura. Is there a way I can improve the mana leak here? I'm a lv35 witch

I'm not an expert at the game, but a few things come to mind.

1. There are nodes in the talent tree that reduce mana reserved, but those might be a ways off from your current level.
2. Reduced mana reserved gem could potentially solve your issue.
3. There are reduced mana reserved jewels, you could get a cheap one as a temporary solution

An alternative option would be to put your lightning curse on a spell totem. It does mean you have to manually drop a totem, but from my experience, it's just one click at that you can even setup pre-combat and then you're all set.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Later in act 4 or thereabouts you can get a hold of a Curse On Hit support gem. Link it with Conductivity and your main attacking skill and it should curse everything you hit with the curse linked when you attack with the skill.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

PotatoManJack posted:

2. Reduced mana reserved gem could potentially solve your issue.

Doesn't work for mana reserved, only Enlighten does, and that's not going to help you at level 35.

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world

Dennis McClaren posted:

You can link Orb of Storms-Curse on Hit-Conductivity. Just drop an orb and everything gets cursed, you can put Arcane Surge on it too to have it on constant uptime.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

PotatoManJack posted:

I've tried searching for something similar on poe trade and have seen some stuff that's kinda close ranging from 5C - 45C. Just wondering if this is worth anything?

Theres always the easy solution, put it up for the high end, and then reduce the price by 5 chaos every hour until it sells.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've tried all kinds of poo poo but have never hit a 6 link

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-3GOo_nWoc

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Applebee123 posted:

Theres always the easy solution, put it up for the high end, and then reduce the price by 5 chaos every hour until it sells.

I guess I'll throw it up and see if it moves.

I'm actually pretty new to PoE trade, and have been trouble getting my buyout prices to work. I've tried both making a note on the item in a public stash and also listing the b/o on the PoE trade forums, but can't seem to get either to work.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

*blink*

*blink*

lol

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I've spent about 900 fuse not 6 linking my belly this league. So I roll an alt and play it til I'm bored and have a bunch of currency, turn it into fusings, fail, then reroll a new alt. Good thing I love alts!

Also, my leechy wild strike guy was surprisingly successful and super fun. Liked him better than my sunder guy that I started the league with. Highly recommended. But, I'm onto a terminus est crit flicker guy now. Til fuse fail time.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't think it's worth trying to 6link your own gear in this league unless you're doing it to gamble. Fuses are 23:10c right now, Vorici 6l is 1500 fuses (652 chaos) which is allegedly (no one has exact numbers) "slightly more" expensive than the statistical mean.

It's open to interpretation what 'slightly more' means but if we assume that the real average is 1200 fuses (seems like a safe bet) you'd generally be spending 521 chaos to 6-link something. Even at 1000 it's 434 chaos. Add this to the cost of the base item (~50c for belly) and the cost of getting 6 sockets if necessary (~10-20 chaos) and you're paying at best the same as you would for a pre-6L or at worst ~20%+ more than you would by just buying it already 6L

This is true all the time, really, but the effect is more pronounced in Harbinger because chaos have a lot more value than they normally do, which has for me at least made me think about every drat chaos I spend.

There's always the chance of getting it in 10 or 100 or 500 or whatever fuses and that gives you a payday, but the bigger the payday the less likely it is. I don't think it's worth gambling on gear that you actively want/need to use but I'll 6S and toss a bunch of fuses on to a belly I happen to find and want to sell anyway.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I bought and crafted a 6L +3 gems Maraketh Bow for 87c today. Total.

God bless cheap exalts.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Quick question about sextants - early on (white maps) is it basically best to choose an area of the atlas that you like, and use a few sextants on there and then focus farming on that area?

Also, what does that bonus thing do on maps that don't drop a shaper's orb for completing?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The best use of white and yellow sextants is to modify nearby maps of higher categories.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

To clarify whydirt, a white sextant can be used on a white map near a shaped 6 (so, modifying a t11 red map) for much cheaper sextanting of red maps. That's their best use.

Edit - fixing name.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

pork never goes bad posted:

To clarify whydirt, a white sextant can be used on a white map near a shaped 6 (so, modifying a t11 red map) for much cheaper sextanting of red maps. That's their best use.

Edit - fixing name.

So if I get this straight, a good use of a white sextant would be to modify a white map that's near racecourse, and then shape racecourse so that I'm basically getting the benefit of the mod from a white sextant on what is effectively a red map.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Absolutely. If you want to go down the rabbit hole, look up sextant blocking on YouTube

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Not even sure how to price this; there are no others on poe.trade or even comparable rare amulets. And no one would probably search for it directly.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Not even sure how to price this; there are no others on poe.trade or even comparable rare amulets. And no one would probably search for it directly.

The cheapest comparable rare I could find http://poe.trade/search/akagiokagamahu is 300c and has crit multi but less resistance. others are 600+

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

+1 Curse amulets are highly sought after. That unique has good general-purpose stats so it's very valuable. I'd say 300 or 400 chaos, why not. Shoot for the moon!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That would be extremely powerful for some kind of DoT juggernaut. Though self-freezing seems kinda tricky to do.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I've had really good luck with 6L stuff by saving up chaos orbs then going on poetrade and buying the 6l items directly that I need.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mirrored strongbox gently caress craigk

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I spent like 355 fuses on my Starforge and got 3 5Ls, and then decided that I may as well force it with Vorici.

Then I did some maths, and figured out it was cheaper to sell my 5L starforge and use that plus fuses I had been saving up to buy a 6L starforge.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I spent 23 exalts scouring and exalting prefixes on this and it came out okay but not ideal.

Still probably never getting a better wand than this though.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I've somehow come out ahead on everything I've tried 6linking so far this league (sometimes very far ahead). Regression to the mean for the 2k+ I dumped into a disfavor last league probably.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
It sounds more like you're regressing to the other side of the distribution

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I always take sure bets in this game when I can, so I sell all my Scratch Ticket Orbs and use Vorici or poe.trade for my 6 links.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I just 6 linked a belly of the beast in 6 tries. First time luck.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ubachung posted:

I just 6 linked a belly of the beast in 6 tries. First time luck.

hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Christ, just look at the math involved in trying to understand curse damage - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse
This is why so many times I just :shrug: at this game wondering how I'm supposed to interpret so much info on a skill/item

Anyway, outside of bosses, regular mobs can be affected by how many curses simultaneously?