System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Yeah, the 4A and KH events are coming up, but I did a couple pulls because I like the VIII crew and can't pass up an Edea banner. I got Squall's Arcane and fire LMR and Edea's glint. Not bad. I've got a nice symmetry with Squall's BSB1 and his ice and fire BSB, Arcane, and enelement LMR.

I could pull one, maybe two more times but I probably shouldn't. Maybe. Seifer's chain would help my dark team a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Crystal Towers are fun

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
wow at the difficulty 120 stage on this event taking 120 stamina. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to make all three bosses take 40 stamina each? Not a big deal since we just got free stamina pots but still..... what

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

iPodschun posted:

Crystal Towers are fun

What the hell, is this another gimme CT or do you have good relics?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Electric Phantasm posted:

What the hell, is this another gimme CT or do you have good relics?
Siegfried is a literal joke, as it's the 30 difficulty fight from the last festival.
Shiva: Tidus USB, Rikku USB1, Yuna BSB2. Shiva used Slowga twice but was resisted through accessories.
Gaius: Alph BSB, Minfilia BSB, Y'shtola BSB. Nothing but some damage and it was easy to heal through.
(also 4*/5* magicite decks)

Kuja died pretty easily with my overpowered Holy chain setup but his death attack killed two guys.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

wow at the difficulty 120 stage on this event taking 120 stamina. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to make all three bosses take 40 stamina each? Not a big deal since we just got free stamina pots but still..... what

It was like that in JP, too, so it was just a boneheaded decision by DeNA.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

huh, another 6* today off the daily - Gaffgarion USB, which is cool I guess but given how strong other Tactics characters are and how many good physical dark users I have now (Garland for chain, Orlandeau, Vayne, Riku, Jecht) I don't see it getting used a lot. Still, can't complain, I like the dumbass old guy.

Unfortunately this has come at a high price, I've been working on farming Siren and I'm 1/10 on Evraes. I'm almost tempted to see if I can get FFRKreeper working with my phone again.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Really tempted to pull on this banner for seifers dark chain even though nothing else on the banner really interests me. Dark is the only element I remain chainless! :(

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Really tempted to pull on this banner for seifers dark chain even though nothing else on the banner really interests me. Dark is the only element I remain chainless! :(

Same, not gonna pull tho, got 3 banners coming I want to pull on and I won't need dark chain for a while, I'm sure there'll be better chances for one

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
This is a new record for me

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man I'm still missing chains for Holy, Lightning, and Earth, I'm jealous. I do have two water chains now, which is nice. Two fire chains also, but they're both physical which means one is basically redundant outside of times when realm synergy is important.

edit: Also, I just saw my first ever Bartz quadcast + 8-hit follow up and hoo boy that was disgusting.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 3, 2019

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Really needed some ice stuff:

3/11: Dupe Selphie USB2, Quistis Glint, Selphie BSB2
1/11: Dupe Selphie BSB2
RAGE PULL:
1/11: Dupe Squall Glint

gently caress, never pull. I guess I'm gonna have to radiant shield down Syldra unless I manage to snag whatever crazy stuff they end up giving Sora.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm reluctant to do any pulls at all, especially 2 or so days before we get KH information. Sora's awakening is probably going to make him the best dps for 6 elements (including ice) until we start getting awakenings in earnest

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nihilarian posted:

I'm reluctant to do any pulls at all, especially 2 or so days before we get KH information. Sora's awakening is probably going to make him the best dps for 6 elements (including ice) until we start getting awakenings in earnest

They could also not release any new relics for Sora whatsoever and just rehash the last banners. :shrug:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KataraniSword posted:

They could also not release any new relics for Sora whatsoever and just rehash the last banners. :shrug:

That seems unlikely, since they probably want Japanese players to spend money or mythril on it.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Attestant posted:

That seems unlikely, since they probably want Japanese players to spend money or mythril on it.

Yeah, given how hard they're leaning into AASBs I would be genuinely shocked if they did that.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

i guess that's possible? It still seems silly to go so hard into a banner 2 days before we find out

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Got to <10% HP in 45s on Phoenix with Bartz/Tidus/Elarra/Tyro/Ignis. Augh. So close.

Thinking of ditching Tyro for Relm, and using RW wall (I used Fabula healing to cover awkward spots). First turn Stormspell, RW Wall, Protectga, Shellga, Ignis BSB gets everything Godwall does up and running and Relm USB/BSB can do the spot healing instead of Fabula Priestess afterwards, with added speed. I also forgot to put +SB when taking damage RM on Elarra so I left a big chunk of points on the table.

Tidus was capping his OSBs and Bartz was landing them for 70k+, and both were capping their 6* abilities. I can do this. If Relm doesn't work I also have Rosa USB to try for MBlink.

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Some new news on the Kingdom Hearts event in FFRK Report 43, among other things:

https://xn--ffrk-8i9hs14f.gamematom...%9B%9E%EF%BD%9E

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/an5zyz/defeating_magicite_odin_with_different_elements/

Beating Magicite Odin with different elements will award up to five accessories with moderate resistance to all elements.

I guess that's one way to deal with accessory bloat.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Generalissimo posted:

Some new news on the Kingdom Hearts event in FFRK Report 43, among other things:

On the one hand I want to be annoyed they added Roxas and Axel instead of Kairi. On the other hand I realize there's a zero percent chance she wouldn't just wind up being a healer anyways.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Generalissimo posted:

Nice to see Axel. Though mostly I'm just hoping for another chance at the Wardrobe records I missed.

quote:

- Sora & Riku KHIII Dress Record
- Reissue of Tyro, Cloud & Squall's KH Dress Records

There we go! Thank you for the translation Hogama!

Sherry Bahm fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 5, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The JP report, in English for your benefit.

quote:

(Feb 7) Record Dungeon Update
- Start of Act 2 Chapter 2

- Featuring dungeons from FFT & FFVII
- Rewards for Act 1 Chapter 2 will be revamped, players who have already cleared those will receive the extra rewards automatically

(Feb 8) Torment Abilities
- 6* Sharpshooter, Icicle Bullet: 5 single-target Ice ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier with ranged weapon (Ice, Lightning/Dark)
- 6* Darkness, Everlasting Darkness Brand: 3 single-target Dark hybrid attacks, inflict minor Imperil Dark every 2 uses (NE, Fire/Dark)

(Feb 8) FFVI
Locke-focused event with Strago & Mog, Kefka USB event Revenge Dungeon

(Feb 8) Mirage Dungeon
FFVI's Siegfried

(Feb 14) Crystal Tower
- Bosses are Kadaj Gang (VII), Leblanc Gang (X), Alte Roite (V) & powered up Blue Dragon (VI)

(Feb 15) FFI
Warrior of Light-focused event with Sarah, Master/Meia event Revenge Dungeon

(Feb 15) Mirage Dungeon
FFI's Dragon Zombie

(Feb 20) Purgatory+ Multiplayer
Gilgamesh & Enkidu (V)

(Feb 22) Kingdom Hearts

- Playable Roxas & Axel

- Sora & Riku KHIII Dress Record
- Reissue of Tyro, Cloud & Squall's KH Dress Records
- 2 new 5* accessories: Dark Ring (KH), Fire Bangle (KH)

- On February 13th a special web minigame campaign will be held, accumulate points to earn rewards for the whole player base

(Feb 28) FFVIII
Selphie-focused End of Month event with Rinoa, Ultimecia & Seifer, Rinoa AOSB event Revenge Dungeon

(Mar 1) Fat Black Chocobo
Ice-focused event, with new relics for Noel, Lulu, Josef, Serah & Fran

(Mar 5) Damage Contest
- Ice focused this time round, same boss

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is there a general rule on choosing between another DPS vs adding an imperiler?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

poe meater posted:

1 imperil is fine. Imperil owns.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

poe meater posted:

A single imperil on a neutral target is extremely good, because not only do you get 20% more damage, you also get 50% more SB gain for hitting a weakness.

The value of imperils increases as the enemy's resistance does. An imperil on a 50% resistant boss means 40% more damage, but an imperil on a 150% weak boss is only 13% more.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I went back and swapped Tyro for Relm and was able to clear Phoenix handily. 42s clear time. No mastery, though. And I really could've used those Black Crystals...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

(Feb 8) FFVI
Locke-focused event with Strago & Mog, Kefka USB event Revenge Dungeon

Of course it's Locke again. :rolleyes: Can't focus your FF6 events on someone like Cyan or Setzer, always gotta be Terra/Locke/Celes.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

We just had an event with umaro, gau, strago, edgar and sabin. And there will be a shadow, kefka, cyan, setzer & relm event before this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there an Opera Floozy wardrobe for Celes yet, and if not, why?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

yes, but who knows when it'll be available again

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah it's been around for a while. Just hasn't come back around.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I want Strago and Relm moogle suit Wardrobes.

Just copy/paste Mog's sprite sheet like in the SNES version and give it to me.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
We need a lot more dress records or whatever they're called.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The cast of FFIII have all sorts of costumes from their game's job system, and not one of them has a Wardrobe Record.

They do have a fair bit if you're a fan of FFIV. Pretty much anyone who has more than one distinctive look is accounted for. I'm surprised they haven't given Golbez his Man in Black getup yet.

And like FFIII they could definitely afford to put out a few more for the main cast of FFV. I'm still miffed that the only thing they could come up with for Faris was her drat princess dress. Cannoneer would be such a perfect fit. Or y'know, any job she actually wore to battle.

Locke's merchant and imperial officer duds immediately come to mind.

And give me Cloud in a dress you cowards!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Wardrobe changes seem like such a slam dunk that I’m surprised they’re not one per event. You could stretch that out for years and everyone loves magical dress up games. IIRC it’s 90% of the FFXIV gameplay. Also cloud dress when

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Everybody always says they want Miss Cloud, but nobody says they want Sailor Barret.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Sailor Barret reminded me so much of the Stay Puft Marshmallow man.

So yes. Gimme.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Everybody always says they want Miss Cloud, but nobody says they want Sailor Barret.

I always forget about that part of the game other than the Genova fight in the hold. I would love a Sailor Barret costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Garnet is probably the biggest waste of a Wardrobe Record in this game.