Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Velthice posted:

you can do a lot of nice things with a small house (and spend a whole lot of money)

ask me how I know

What walls/wallpaper are these? They're the first walls I've seen that weren't awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SettingSun posted:

Nothing was more satisfying during my Weeping City run than having a vote abandon denied, they guy who cast it leaving, then clearing the rest of the instance with little trouble.

Clearing anything (hello Chrysalis) after someone throws a fit and quits feels great. It his all of my petulant bitch buttons.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Just re-use the Sephirot music and never say anything about it.

I want them to do this for the FF7 remake.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

hobbesmaster posted:

Wipes are more common at the last boss with the tank trying to be a hero and do all the mechanics for everyone.

Pre-Dancing Mad it's easy to give people a bit more room.

Post-Dancing Mad it's easy to have her Haircut 99.9% of the room if you try to do the same things, so I don't and tell people to suck it ('she'll lock herself in animations and nothing in the world can turn her once she's started them so I have to make sure you have at least 50% of the room to dodge in') if they complain.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The best thing I ever saw was a tank who decided to bring the boss to the edge of the room, then hosed it up so literally the entire arena got haircut.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

vOv posted:

The best thing I ever saw was a tank who decided to bring the boss to the edge of the room, then hosed it up so literally the entire arena got haircut.

I had pretty much this happen, but somehow enough people were alive to recover, and then the idiot tank took the boss back and did the same thing again.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

VHGS posted:

I had pretty much this happen, but somehow enough people were alive to recover, and then the idiot tank took the boss back and did the same thing again.

Did this happen yesterday? The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. This was after literally five minutes of not one of the three tanks wanting to pull her, despite repeated ready checks. I think some bard got bored and pulled her in the end.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Are you on excal? Would love to stop by and shamelessly rip off some ideas for my cottage if so

yes, you can find my place in goblet ward 7 subdivision, plot 57

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What walls/wallpaper are these? They're the first walls I've seen that weren't awful.

the first floor uses the arbor interior wall and the basement uses riviera interior wall

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

vOv posted:

Yeah honestly you just want to stick her in the middle of the room where she starts and keep her there, anything else is one provoke away from a nice haircut.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

And if you have to eat a vulnerability stack to keep her in the middle where people can dodge her easily, do it. The vulnerability in that fight is pretty harmless - you can have a full 5 stacks of it and stand straight in a haircut as a tank and you'll still be fine.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Wipes are more common at the last boss with the tank trying to be a hero and do all the mechanics for everyone.

I don't think i've ever seen a wipe at Calofisteri, actually. I've seen one for every other boss there, though, and i've yet to be in a group that doesn't wipe at least once to Ozma (even if it's at 2%).

edit: I did see one Calofisteri fight where about half the raid was perpetually dead though (rotating members) and the fight took like 12 minutes, but it was never really ever in danger of fully wiping out.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HenryEx posted:

I don't think i've ever seen a wipe at Calofisteri, actually. I've seen one for every other boss there, though, and i've yet to be in a group that doesn't wipe at least once to Ozma (even if it's at 2%).

edit: I did see one Calofisteri fight where about half the raid was perpetually dead though (rotating members) and the fight took like 12 minutes, but it was never really ever in danger of fully wiping out.
I was in a Calofisteri... last week I think, where there last like 10% was whittled down by a scholar, a bard who died partway through, and me, a warrior. poo poo can get really, really bad without actually being in real danger of wiping.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

HenryEx posted:

This is my very worst Calofisteri, anyone got anything better?

Yes, that is 68 deaths in a 15 minute fight.

Niton fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 5, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Basically 1 level off from 60. Just learned I should actually use mutilate during boss fights, whoops.

Anyone that uses mudfish? Am I supposed to mess with the nodes?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Niton posted:

Yes, that is 68 deaths in a 15 minute fight.

:stare:

You have seen much, child.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
I had the weirdest Weeping run yesterday where the A alliance's tank DC'd right before Forgal and someone just pulled anyway. 1 Tank managed to grab 2 adds during the add phase and we won, but people got pissy and like a dozen people just quit. But we waited for a while to refill and ended up doing Ozma first time, no deaths, and same for Calo. I've never had a run that theoretically went super well, but still felt lovely at the same time.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone for Final Coil?

I'm stuck on T10 and waiting in PF gets old fast. I just want to see story before the next update later this month.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

Tae posted:

Anyone that uses mudfish? Am I supposed to mess with the nodes?

Been using mudfish for a few months; before I fire up FFXIV I like to check which node is the fastest for me at least in Basic Mode and if those look iffy, then I check Advanced mode. It's a little hard to get used to because of the konglish, but it has been one of the better vpn/tunneling services I've tried and it's hella cheap.

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007

Alder posted:

Anyone for Final Coil?

I'm stuck on T10 and waiting in PF gets old fast. I just want to see story before the next update later this month.

That group we had was absolute garbage sans the nin that was doing actual DPS. Feel free to invite me to help out if you catch me on again. (Simon Yorke, for the record.)

e: wait, might be the wrong person, whoops :v:

JimmyBiskit fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 5, 2016

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

JimmyBiskit posted:

That group we had was absolute garbage sans the nin that was doing actual DPS. Feel free to invite me to help out if you catch me on again. (Simon Yorke, for the record.)

e: wait, might be the wrong person, whoops :v:

yes, it's me, friend. Be ready for my PMs once I get bored of farming tokens.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I realize I'm a bit behind the curve here, but finally beat A6S. gently caress Vortexer ice, that's a stupid dumb and bad mechanic.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Other than patch night, haven't wiped to Ozma yet. Although I have seen things like Acceleration Bomb taking out my entire alliance except the tank and I.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

TheHeadSage posted:

Other than patch night, haven't wiped to Ozma yet. Although I have seen things like Acceleration Bomb taking out my entire alliance except the tank and I.

It's me, I'm the guy that forgets about Acceleration Bomb and blows up the alliance every week.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

As the tank when I get an add drop while also eating lasers in the square phase I still panic a bit. I've aimed that laser at the party before. :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Speaking of Ozma, did you know that tanks don't need to hold aggro on it? The cube lasers will auto-target the tanks even they have zero threat (as long as they're alive). It doesn't have an auto-attack, or any other attacks that target tanks, and in fact the only thing that should deal more damage to the tanks is the adds.

Of course none of this stops every idiot tank from doing the whole fight in tank stance and getting in a provoke war with the others.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I'm pretty sure that Ozma does care about enmity on a per-party basis. I know his Cube Lasers do, I've lost aggro on them to some particularly insane BLM/NIN's before thinking that my enmity didn't matter on Ozma. The Triangle attack is per-party random for sure. Orb Attack might be tank only then highest threat.

Overall highest threat doesn't matter on Ozma since everything he does is per-party.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 5, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What do you guys figure the absolute earliest the next expansion could be released? Not itching for it exactly, just curious.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Question about Ozma mechanics that were never clear to me, what Shape/Phase does the area explosions that cause bleeding and what causes that/how do I avoid that. I've had a lot of pubbies stack up on me during that and basically instantly gib my tiny healer HP pool.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Question about Ozma mechanics that were never clear to me, what Shape/Phase does the area explosions that cause bleeding and what causes that/how do I avoid that. I've had a lot of pubbies stack up on me during that and basically instantly gib my tiny healer HP pool.

That's the Triangle/Pyramid's 'Attack.' You'll want to spread out a bit to mitigate the amount of people it hits.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

That's the Triangle/Pyramid's 'Attack.' You'll want to spread out a bit to mitigate the amount of people it hits.

Ah so i wasn't screwing up too bad then since everyone was just staying stacked.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
Earliest on the expansion is maybe August. They took a bit on Heavensward and indicated they want more time to let this upcoming one bake.

I assume you're talking about the bleed in his pyramid form. Stand outside your party's platform to dodge the laser and spread out afterwards. The bleed I've read is a randomly applied aoe, so spread from the group.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Oneavi posted:

Earliest on the expansion is maybe August. They took a bit on Heavensward and indicated they want more time to let this upcoming one bake.

I assume you're talking about the bleed in his pyramid form. Stand outside your party's platform to dodge the laser and spread out afterwards. The bleed I've read is a randomly applied aoe, so spread from the group.

Really, a whole year? Huh. I figured a lot of the downtime between 2.0 and HW was because they were still ironing things out after the big changes from 1.0 to 2.0

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Oneavi posted:

I doubt it. Yoshi mentioned recently they're ahead of schedule on the expansion compared to where they were at with Heavensward in the same timeframe.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Really, a whole year? Huh. I figured a lot of the downtime between 2.0 and HW was because they were still ironing things out after the big changes from 1.0 to 2.0

I think they're going to be doing that for the entirety of the game's existence.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

triangle and it always targets one of the healers and then alternates between them. they explode in a tiny circle and anyone caught in it gets the damage plus bleed. the easiest way I've found to handle it is just stay on the bridge away from everyone while they run back to ozma after the big laser. there's no way for the targeted healer to avoid the bleed, but cleansing yourself is obviously way better than cleaning the entire party

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EponymousMrYar posted:

I'm pretty sure that Ozma does care about enmity on a per-party basis. I know his Cube Lasers do, I've lost aggro on them to some particularly insane BLM/NIN's before thinking that my enmity didn't matter on Ozma. The Triangle attack is per-party random for sure. Orb Attack might be tank only then highest threat.

Overall highest threat doesn't matter on Ozma since everything he does is per-party.

I've died and been rezzed and the lasers went right back to shooting me without having to provoke.

I assume it just works like echidna's snakes. It's designed around the idea that most tanks won't have provoke.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Wonder Turbine posted:

I think they're going to be doing that for the entirety of the game's existence.

Yeah, I guess that's true. Praise Tanaka.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I can finally play this game for fun again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oneavi posted:

I think it's going to be a lot earlier than that. 11 months from now would mean a huge amount of time between 3.5 and 4.0. My bet is May, June at the latest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Velthice posted:

triangle and it always targets one of the healers and then alternates between them. they explode in a tiny circle and anyone caught in it gets the damage plus bleed. the easiest way I've found to handle it is just stay on the bridge away from everyone while they run back to ozma after the big laser. there's no way for the targeted healer to avoid the bleed, but cleansing yourself is obviously way better than cleaning the entire party

It'll target a random DPS as well, I don't stand near any of the healers and I'll be hit by the circle and the bleed debuff.

• Locked thread