Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nuebot posted:

Is there like any primary soul-level for PVP anymore?

Matchmaking doesn't care about your level at all. It's all based on soul memory, the number in the top right corner of your stats page. It's the total number of souls you've ever gained, whether or not you lost or spent them afterwards. If you want to keep it low to do low-level PvP or Coop or something there's a ring you can buy from Straid that keeps you from gaining any souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

I feel guilty more than anything really :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So in theory I could maintain the minimum amount of soul level used to get to max level and then just screw with people?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

So in theory I could maintain the minimum amount of soul level used to get to max level and then just screw with people?

No, matching is done by Soul Memory, which is the total number of souls you have picked up. Leveling up to max level requires something like ... tens of millions of souls.

The most active PvP band is at SM 2 million - 3 million.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nuebot posted:

Leveling up gets crazy expensive as you get closer to the max. I'm pretty sure the threshold for the highest matchmaking bracket is still less than it costs to reach max level. You could do things like getting just high enough to wield some strong weapon or cast some specific spell and then putting the ring on to stay at that soul memory.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
what's invading like in a fresh game for sotfs? i understand they fixed... something so you should be getting invaded unlike in the original release where you never got invaded unless it was in ng+? (or really really realllllllly rarely.)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Deaderinred posted:

what's invading like in a fresh game for sotfs? i understand they fixed... something so you should be getting invaded unlike in the original release where you never got invaded unless it was in ng+? (or really really realllllllly rarely.)
I didn't get invaded once in my playthrough. I didn't have any trouble invading, though. I got hits instantly after using an orb.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

No, matching is done by Soul Memory, which is the total number of souls you have picked up. Leveling up to max level requires something like ... tens of millions of souls.

"Tens" of millions? Getting to max level takes over 400 million :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It is so easy to invade and be invaded now. I get constant bites just everywhere and I have gotten invaded like 10 times before I started speedrunning into places where my SM was too low to be invaded.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mr Dog posted:

Well there goes that theory. Last time I played DS2 to punch treeface to death, my character was max level but I never really did PVP much. This time around I want to mess with it and get good at it because I always had a lot of fun with it but was real bad at it. So I guess, what I'm saying, is I want to git gud. But thanks for letting me know which SM band is most active, hopefully I can make it there without losing too many. I'm hoping to do a no-death run this time around again, too.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
playing the old version of ds2 im still getting invaded at the most inconvenient times

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Azran posted:

It is so easy to invade and be invaded now. I get constant bites just everywhere and I have gotten invaded like 10 times before I started speedrunning into places where my SM was too low to be invaded.

I've been seemingly running into that issue. I'm up to Looking Glass Knight next but Castle Drangleic isn't being highlighted. I got halfway through Bowser's Castle (by which I mean I depopped most of the Alonne knights before Ol' Smelter because of their new super long-range aggro range) before Bastille finally stopped being highlighted for me and Iron Keep lit up. I didn't think I was doing that good but apparently I am?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Verviticus posted:

playing the old version of ds2 im still getting invaded at the most inconvenient times

Thats how I pick my invasion spots myself.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nobody seems to recognize that I'm just a Generous Pal, invading to give everyone presents. :(

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that sellsword npc summon at the last giant.

Invaded a guy to give him an actual present.

Found some guy with an anime name afk at the bonfire. Welp.

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 5, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Innerguard posted:

Found some guy with an anime name afk at the bonfire. Welp.

This is why you carry 99 corrosive urns.

Alkydere posted:

I've been seemingly running into that issue. I'm up to Looking Glass Knight next but Castle Drangleic isn't being highlighted. I got halfway through Bowser's Castle (by which I mean I depopped most of the Alonne knights before Ol' Smelter because of their new super long-range aggro range) before Bastille finally stopped being highlighted for me and Iron Keep lit up. I didn't think I was doing that good but apparently I am?

Iron Keep pretty much stays highlighted forever. The bridge next to the first bonfire is the most popular PvP location in the game, so there's people of every soul memory tier hanging around.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
New Brightstone Cove Tseldora is terrifying. :smith:

On the bright side, rescuing Ornifex was a lot easier!

edit: oh my god the trick they pull in the room right before Freja's boss room is so mean. :(

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 5, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This is why you carry 99 corrosive urns.

Iron Keep pretty much stays highlighted forever. The bridge next to the first bonfire is the most popular PvP location in the game, so there's people of every soul memory tier hanging around.

The problem for me was that I'm apparently under-souled and it didn't become highlighted until after I left it.

Meanwhile I beat Looking Glass Knight and Drangleic STILL isn't highlighted for me while Gulch, Tseldora and (obviously) Keep are all highlighted. It sucks being ahead of the soul curve, I actually have to wait now on being summoned/finding summons.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so about that new type of secret... the invisible creature sat down near the torch in fotfg that casts a shadow... im hearing there are more can only be seen by thier shadows via torches, can you do anything with them? other than killing them i mean... i dont want to start killing all of them in case i can do something with them later..

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Two npc phantoms died while fighting the sinner dude. I guess they're dead now? :ohdear:

Orv
May 4, 2011

victrix posted:

Two npc phantoms died while fighting the sinner dude. I guess they're dead now? :ohdear:

NPCs are even more immortal than you are. Long after you're gone, they'll be here, reciting the same soliloquies to the next idiot hellfucker to stumble through.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I feel this man is well suited to face the challenges of punching everything he smells to death.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
So I'm three for three on invasion deflections. Got a blue to help me on the third guy but was immediately impaled on a massive loving cleaver, then I poked the guy to death.

Thank you blue dude, you gave me the opening I needed to not get cleaved to death :patriot: I salute you

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

PseudoFaux posted:

So I'm three for three on invasion deflections. Got a blue to help me on the third guy but was immediately impaled on a massive loving cleaver, then I poked the guy to death.

Thank you blue dude, you gave me the opening I needed to not get cleaved to death :patriot: I salute you

That sounds :black101: and :darksouls: as poo poo

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Generous Pal, thanks for the petrified something, sorry you fell to my trident.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Leveling up gets crazy expensive as you get closer to the max. I'm pretty sure the threshold for the highest matchmaking bracket is still less than it costs to reach max level. You could do things like getting just high enough to wield some strong weapon or cast some specific spell and then putting the ring on to stay at that soul memory.

I have a character at SL 350 and my soul memory is like something over 45 million, I can't remember exactly how much right now. Level ups are just a hair over 400k I think and getting everything to max level would end up costing probably another hundred million at least from where I am.

The last tier of soul memory is 15 million - 999 million, so the concept of "just enough souls to hit max level" is really a bit of a goofy goal to have at that point. What's another 5 million spent upgrading every single equippable thing to max and banking it?

2-3 million is when people have their minmax builds out. I really like playing around much lower with agape twinks. Starting at about 120k people will often have a max or close to max weapon and potentially some kind of spells, buffs, decent ranged option, etc. Maybe they're just warped sword and target shield, maybe they'll have a maxed flame longsword with flame weapon, maybe they'll have some spells that you totally would never be able to get this low that they spiced down, like crystal soul spears that only do like 400 damage and take for loving ever to cast from a sorcerer's staff or lightning weapon that only lasts 27 seconds. Some have good gimmicks and others have stupid, boring ones. Once in a while some fucknut who can't roll for poo poo agapes himself a chaos blade really early and then rages every time he dies. Shits fun down low.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The highest SM tier is actually 45m I think, they widened out the tiers a lot a few patches ago

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

PseudoFaux posted:

Generous Pal, thanks for the petrified something, sorry you fell to my trident.

it was so spinny :(

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

(midgame area spoilers)
anyone know how you reach this poo poo? I haven't been able to find anything about it online.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Trick Question posted:

(midgame area spoilers)
anyone know how you reach this poo poo? I haven't been able to find anything about it online.

There is an illusory wall in one of the passages on that level, it's a small dead end on the right, with the left corridor leading further into the peak

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

:siren: What changed? - Differences between the regular game and Scholar of the First Sin :siren:

The biggest differences between the base game and SOTFS are mostly the encounter design and enemy placement, aside from the obvious increase in multiplayer numbers. Most zones tend to have a biggest variety in enemy composition - annoying encounters have been made fun, and easy sections have been toughened up. There will be more enemies, but you can bring more friends or random strangers, while most bosses and areas now have summonable NPCs that weren't there before. Getting Effigies is SO much easier now. I wasn't even halfway through the game and I already had 50.
The item placement has been altered, and while the changes aren't as numerous as the enemy changes, their effect is nonetheless more noticeable. I haven't reached NG+, by the way, so I don't know if there have been any changes there.
There are a LOT of smaller changes I will not list here, like slight enemy repositioning inside the same room.

So, let's start:

The Forlorn
This new faction will constantly invade you, even in areas where you have already killed the boss. There's a HUGE number of places where you can get randomly invaded by them. Numerous sconces around the game world have been put in place - lighting them will summon a Forlorn. Every time you get randomly invaded and kill the fucker, Straid will sell a new part of their set.

Fragrant Branches of Yore.

Not really a spoiler, but there's way more of them because they ramped up the poo poo out of petrified dudes. Some sections play completely different thanks to this.

Estus Shards and Sublime Bone Dust.

Their locations have been switched. Sublime Bone Dust isn't after bosses anymore, they are placed in off-the-beaten-path spots. You have to explore a lot to get them all. There's always a Syan Knight protecting the Sublime Bone Dust chest now.
Estus Shard placement is in more easily found but dangerous spots. Some of them, like the one in Tseldora and the Majula well, are still there. But the first shard in FoTFG is on the Pursuer's rampart (not its boss fight location, the OTHER one).

King's Ring.

You only need to equip it once per door. From that point on, every single door will automatically open when you get close.

Things Betwixt

* There's an Estus Flask Shard in this area, but it's guarded by Basilisks and behind a petrified Undead.
* After killing the last two Ogres, the Pursuer will spawn in front of the Sex Change Coffin.
* Did you enjoy having all the sconces lit? Well gently caress you, a Forlorn invades you as soon as you get them all lit.

Majula

* After 20 deaths or so, the Piglets will become Big Boars like the ones in Tseldora.
* The Sunken King DLC item, the Dragon Talon, is in the pit in Majula.
* There is a Fragrant Branch of Yore at the VERY bottom of the pit, IIRC.

Forest of the Fallen Giants

* There's an Ogre patrolling the river, and the enemy locations in there have been switched around.
* No Heide Knight, but a HUGE amount of hollow soldiers in its location, with a firebomb Knight throwing poo poo from upstairs. They are playing dead, so you can skip them safely.
* "More enemies everywhere" is basically the gimmick of this area. There's also a bigger variety of enemies - almost all encounters will have a mix of Knights, Soldiers and Old Ironclads. There's also more boxes and stuff that gets in the way of your maneuvering.
* There's no cristal lizard on the way to the Leather Shield anymore.
* At the same time, there's no ambush after retrieving the Fire Longsword.
* The Soapstones haven't been moved around.
* Pate's trap involves a bumrush of four or five soldiers and knights, but there's no fight upstairs anymore.
* There's an invisible hollow you can only see with a torch here! The sconce in front of it is lit as to tip you off, but there's many of them in the game now, and they all drop stuff for the crows. He's on the building that overlooks the place full of explosive barrels, past the trap room with five ballistas.
* The key to the Iron King DLC is on the Salamander Pit, next to the Rebel's Greatshield.
* Hollow Knights actually attack the trees of the Fallen Giants.
* You can get the Grand Lance here, in front of the King's Gate - which is guarded by a Syan Knight.
* The Giant Lord Memory has at least 20 Drangleic soldiers (Ironclads and Knights) fighting the two Elite Giants. This also applies to all the other Giant Memories - they are true pitched battles now.
* The path to Soldier's Rest has skeletons now, and is pitch black. The top of the building past the archer in Soldier's Rest also has three Ironclads who will DROP down.
* Armourer Dennis is a new NPC invader in Soldier's Rest who will attack you in certain locations now. He uses a Blue Flame and high level spells.
* The Pursuer gets some helpers up in his pre-boss arena.
* Sellsword Leut is a recurring summon you first see in the way to the Last Giant, he has two Havel shields and a Redeye Ring.
* The ambush on the long stone sword hanging from the side of the castle is now more dangerous - there are three/four Hollow Soldiers now.
* Royal Swordsmen (the guys from the Bastille) are guarding the way to the Pursuer. If you kill the Pursuer and go back to this place, a Forlorn may invade you.

Heide's Tower of Flame

* Heide Knights everywhere! They respawn.
* A loving dragon guards Ornstein's arena.
* The Ring of Binding is past a Heide Knight on the way to Dragonrider. It's previous location now has 5 Effigies.
* Killing Dragonrider will make all Heide Knights patrol and aggro on you.
* This is not a starting zone anymore, enemies are way more aggresive now and killing Dragonrider will make your life HELL.
* No Sublime Bone Dust in here, now it's in the Hidden Way to No Man's Wharf or whatever the aqueduct is called.
* The Aqueduct has a lot of enemy variety now, from Hollow Soldiers to Old Mastodons and Basilisks. There are Old Knights and a Syan Knight as well.
* Estus Flask Shard here is blocked off by a petrified Hollow.

No Man's Wharf

* A $20 shortcut just before the ship that makes the run from the bonfire to the boss take like 15 seconds :v:
* Lucatiel's location has been changed; she's in one of the houses to the left of the stairs - Gavlan has taken her spot.
* A lot of braziers you can now lit.
* Suspicious Shadows (the Flexile Sentry's helpers in NG+) are regular enemies in here, and they hang from the ceiling.
* Way less Dark Stalkers (the long armed weirdos), especially in the house where Gavlaan used to be (there's now an invisible hollow there).
* There's a Torch wielding Hollow, like the one in the Crypt here, as a Torch source.
* There's a really helpful NPC shade in here, Bradley of the Old Guard. He will heal you, buff his weapon and call you over whenever you miss stuff.
* The Ring of Life Protection ain't here anymore.
* The ship has a mummy dude, like the ones in the Bastille.
* The Pyromancy Flame chest has been moved to the left of the navigation thingy in the ship, so people don't miss it anymore.
* The water will now rise on the Flexile Sentry fight, even in NG.
* When the ship reaches its destination and you go down to the shore, you will find two sleeping Varangian Guards next to the elevator.
* There's a Fragrant Branch of Yore where the Estus Flask Shard used to be.
* The area with the Varangian dudes and the dogs has been blocked off so they don't bumrush you anymore.

Lost Bastille, Sinner's Rise and Belfry Luna.

* No more Heide Knight in the ramparts, he's now under the Saltfort.
* You can summon Felicia the Brave for the Ruin Sentinels, so that means you can bring 2 NPCs even offline.
* More Royal Swordsmen, Crossbowmen and dogs in the main courtyard coming from the ship.
* The Dull Ember is in the Tower Apart Bonfire.
* The Pursuer has at least three scripted invasions in here. Have fun. He also has a new moveset.
* There's a Dragon Tooth where the Bastille Key was, past the Gargoyles.
* The way to the Ruin Sentinels is blocked off by a petrified dude, so it's an optional boss now. But the Bastille Key is past them, so you gotta face them if you want all the loot in here.
* Less dogs on the way to McDuff.
* Only one crossbow dude who doesn't aggro immediately in the Sinner's Rise bonfire.
* The mummies in Straid's Cell aren't aggresive anymore. They will only attack if you if you start killing them.
* Flexile Sentry instead of the weird Troll-like things in the way to the Lost Sinner. More Undead Citizens though (the explodey dudes).
* The Grass Crest Shield equivalent is down here.
* Chest with the Antiquated Key on Lucatiel's location.
* There's a shade in Belfry Luna, Masterless Glencour. He owns.
* The Pharros' Contraption room has a Suspicious Shadow. The shortcut towards Sinner's Rise is already open, no need for a Lockstone.
* This is a small thing, but still pretty cool. The Wanderer's Set is on a corpse, you can't get screwed out of it anymore. Less dogs on that small courtyard too.

* Sellsword Luet is a shade available for the Sinner fight.

Shaded Woods.

* New enemies all over the place. The ambush in the Old Akelarre Bonfire now has a Gyrm soldier. There are Falconers on the way to Drangleic Castle, who will fire two arrows at the same time but have no actual falcons.
* There's no Ring of Life Protection here.
* No Flexile Sentry.
* Syan Knights guard the King's Gates.
* Petrify-inflicting kobolds and an Ogre on the way to Aldia.
* Invisible dudes (like the ones in the Shaded Woods) on the Shrine of Winter.
* The Eye of the Priestess, the item you use to see invisible stuff in the Ivory King's Crown DLC, will reveal the invisible hollow bandits in the Shaded Woods. Enjoy.
* Bradley of the Old Guard available for Najka.
* A lot more petrified dudes in here.
* No Giant Basilisk.
* Forlorn invasion after killing the boss and going through the area again.
* Warlock Mask guaranteed drop hold by one of the petrified dudes.
* Sublime Bone Dust is in here, next to the place where you can drop down to Vengarl's head.
* Vengarl's body is where the Golden Lion Warrior was, blocked by a statue on each end.
* Tark gives you the Black Stinger now.
* A lot of Lion Warriors have been removed and replaced by invisible dudes.
* No Gower's Ring of Protection here.
* Ornifex's cell has a Fragrant Branch of Yore now.
* The Repair spell is here, blocked off by a statue.

Doors of Pharros

* No Mimic before the first bonfire.
* The Cristal Lizard on the way to Tseldora has a more lenient spawn, making it dead easy to kill it.

Brighstone Cove Tseldora

* Falconers in the camp before the actual town. Like 8 of them, great place to farm sunlight medals.
* There's a Mimic in here now, too.
* The bonfire has been moved to be on a more obvious spot now.
* Nasty surprise in NG+ down the well. I can already see it coming.
* I hope you don't suffer from crippling arachnophobia. There are spiders EVERYWHERE. Like, 5 times as many spiders. The first two rooms? Full of spiders hanging from the ceilings and walls, just watching you. A lot of them don't even aggro, they are just there to gently caress with you.
* The wizards are in different places now, so it's easier to kill them to make your life easier whenever you run towards Ornifex.
* Spider aggro radius is huge now.
* Peasants actually mining brighstone! The Phantom Peasant is hidden behind a door now.
* The spiders fear torches. So of course they throw like twice as many in the big rooms before Freja.
* Less Infested Undead.
* You can get a full Undead Priestess set where the Estus Flask Shard before the Congregation was.
* The second Flask Shard is in the same place, by the way.
* Twice as many spiders in the third bonfire.
* NPC invader with dual Avelyns next to the sandpit.
* Ornifex's run is a LITTLE safer now. But you have to deal with more spiders.
* The big room before Freja is darker now.
* Another summon, Manhunter O'Harra, in the room full of spiders, just past the Brightstone mining grounds.
* Aldia has red eyes now.

Huntsman's Copse

* Giant Basilisk down in the pool with Ricard's Rapier.
* Ultra fast hollows with special drop tables (like cracked red eye orbs) are running around the Copse now. (I've seen two).
* Sublime Bone Dust in the cell with Soul Spear.
* Dogs!
* Bashful Ray is a shade summon here, and he's by far the best summonable NPC in the game. He appears in a lot of other places, and he's a dodgy motherfucker.
* The Necromancers in the cave are easier to kill now. One of the necromancers in the Chariot fight is closer to where you start.
* The Undead Lockaway key is closer to Creighton's location. Merciless Roana invades here, the same platform where there was a big ambush by Undead thieves before.
* Hollows hanging from bridges, like the one that takes you to the Chariot.
* Hollow thieves have swapped location.
* More of the tall undead executioners.
* Creighton is hanging out with two skeletons. :v:
* Creighton is now a summon for the Skeleton Lords!
* The Skeleton Lords are now different. The Bonewheel now summons two, but the rightmost one summons like 10 regular skeletons who are ultra aggresive.
* There's a lizard and a Shard in the cave.

Harvest Valley

* The giants before the second bonfire have been removed - there are now two Desert Sorceresses.
* The second bonfire room is full of poison pots :v:
* There's a lot of extra drops and enemies inside the poison pools, including the guys who crawl around in the Congregation bossfight.
* The big open area after the second bonfire has THREE lizards.
* Some of the poison pits in that area have skeletons down there.
* Washing Pole and Titanite Slab in the second big poison pit.
* No enemies inside the cave where the Altar of Sunlight is.
* There's a Sorceress bombarding you from above the Earthen Peak.
* Lucatiel has moved, she's now before the Covetous Demon, in the area with the poison pool.
* The guys hanging from pots in the ceiling have a glowing effect so you don't miss them. Two have been placed before the boss arena, to tip you off.
* Another sorceress in here, also more poison pots.

Earthen Peak

* Twice the poison pots everywhere.
* Claw-armed mannikins will ambush you constantly.
* Gilliam will move to Majula by itself even if you don't speak to him.
* There's a new summon, Scarlett.
* There's a silverback guard in front of the windmill's blades, as to tip you off.
* The second bonfire has less mannikins that instantly aggro you.
* Up the stairs from the second bonfire, one of the mannikins will attempt to close the door that leads to Pate, forcing you to take the long way around.
* The room with the two sorceresses and the pots has more pots but no sorceresses.
* The area around Mytha has less enemies, and no Black Phantom, but more pots.
* The item Pate asks you to retrieve is no longer a spell, and the jump is easier now.

Iron Keep and Belfry Sol

* There's no fog blocking off the elevator, have fun sending invaders up the elevator to Iron Keep while you stay in Earthen Peak.
* Armorer Dennis and Fencer Sharon invade you before even getting to Magerold.
* Less knights outside the Keep, but like twice as many in the area with the drawbridge.
* The body under the first fire-spewing bullhead is fully under the fire effect, so you will die if you pick it up with no protection :allears:
* The place where the Dull Ember was has a Petrified Dragon Bone. The Zweihander is up the stairs.
* The bridge with the two Ironclads has been changed, there are two Alonne knights and an Ironclad now (the Ironclad will still try to destroy the bridge).
* Different enemies in the room with all the platforms. There's no Mimic up there, either (it got moved to the Gutter).
* Oliver the Collector invades you where the Mimic was. It's an NPC invader with Yorgh's Spear, the Majestic Greatsword, the Minotaur Helmet, Ricard's Rapier, Smelter's Hammer, etc. You get the idea.
* Manhunter O'Harra is available after you turn off the fire, in the room with the Lightning Bow +7 and the metal spikes.
* The chest after the Iron King, just like every one after a Big Soul Boss (tm) has a Petrified Something.
* Spinning fire spewing statue below the third bonfire. The NG+ Red Phantom NPC there will be a lot of fun!
* Belfry Sol has a summonable NPC and more ballistas.

Grave of Saints and the Gutter

* I THINK the Royal Rat Vanguard's actual boss drops faster now.
* Less explodey guys after you go down into the waterway before the Gutter (only three, and from a single side).
* Sublime Bone Dust and Syan Knight there.
* Acid Jars everywhere in the Gutter.
* Heide Knight that drops the Heide Iron Mask besides a chest that has the full visible Aurous set in there.
* The Iron Keep Mimic is here, near where Melinda the Butcher spawns.
* Estus Flask Shard in the same place where the zipline is.
* The acid insects from Shulva are here too.
* Less dogs, more hollows. The hollows have an enormous aggro range and you can see their torches coming towards you in the darkness.
* Some hollows worship scones now.
* The last dog in the area has been replaced by an exploding mummy. Yay!
* Claw-shaped monsters are here too.
* Lightning all the scones makes a new invader NPC appear, the Gutter Denizen.

The Black Gulch

* You can trigger a double NPC invasion really easy in here, Gully and Victor.
* Two shades available, including Bashful Ray where Schmidt used to be. The latter is now near the worms.
* The second bonfire is blocked off by a petrified dude.
* The claw dudes pop up from different holes now.
* The amputation of the Rotten's left hand drops a cleaved-in-half dead body on the ground with a Lockstone.

Drangleic Castle

* The elephant statues have been moved around, they are closer to the middle point of the bridge so you don't get double teamed by them and the crossbowmen.
* Syan Knight statues line the front of the place, some of them come to life if you get close.
* Two crossbowmen, one next to each golem statue. Only one or two swordsmen rush out from the side now.
* Drangleic Castle's big gimmick is that most enemies are statues that come to life when you get close. The room with the two Royal Swordsmen, for example, only has one guy come to life.
* The throne room is closed.
* The big room past the Chancellor has a lot of Syan Knight statues, and a Sublime Bone Dust on a previous dead end.
* The room with all the Ruin Sentinels has twice as many rows of stone soldiers, but the same number of them come to life as before (you just won't know which ones). Bashful Ray is near the two golems in this room, in case you need a farming partner.
* Dark Stalker in the room where Wheelchair Dude is. :allears:
* A lot more statues everywhere, making you feel paranoid.
* The room with the masks that shoot poison arrows is a one time thing now that's meant to gently caress over all your summons.
* Beatrice is summonable for Double Dragonriders.
* The whole area after Nashandra is SO MUCH MORE TOLERABLE NOW THANK gently caress. Gone are the endless Alonne Greatbow and Mastodon spam - there's a Gargoyle, a Chariot Executioner's demon horse (that drops Gower's Ring) and Old Knights in here, plus two Mimics.
* The shortcut to where Bernhart is has two desert sorceresses, no Syan Knights and only one Alonne Captain.
* There are Undead Crypt ghosts here.
* The third room with a golem you have to revive to progress has two mannikins nearby you have to bring into the room, instead of stone soldiers.
* The key to the Ivory King's Crown DLC is right after the door that leads to progress in the Ruin Sentinel room, really hard to miss it.
* Boyd is available as a summon for the Looking Glass Knight, and there's no Syan Knight protecting the fog gate.

Shrine of Amana

* The Archdrakes patrol.
* Twice as many lizardmen.
* More sorceresses after the second bonfire, but spread around differently.
* The hardest part, the part just before the third bonfire's fog gate, has been made easier due to the splintering of the group there. You can also summon Lone Hunter Schmidt, who will pull the aggro of different enemies so you can pick them off one by one. It's brilliant.
* The Ogre before the house where Felicia's sign used to be (and where Schmidt's sign is) doesn't chase you to it anymore. He's too busy protecting a shard.
* There's a respawning Dragon Rider protecting King Vendrick's tomb.
* You can summon Felicia the Brave in the cave with the third bonfire, so she can clear the bugs around. THIS IS ALSO AMAZING.
* Less sorceresses in the area with the Red Iron Twinblade and Peculiar Kindalur, but some Archdrakes Priests have been placed there.
* There's a Syan Knight and basilisks after the Demon of Song. The fourth bonfire is blocked off by a statue, and there are three pyromancers up in the tower itself.

Undead Crypt

* More Dual Shield dudes spread around.
* I recommend to avoid lighting the brazier that lits up the entire crypt. Red phantom Clerics that drop Insolent Gear and hit like a truck will spawn everywhere.
* The sconce in the middle of the bridge where the Syan Knights used to be will summon a Forlorn.
* There's a ghost that hits you as you go up the ladder next to the sconce.
* Bells and more stones in every single place of the crypt. Be really careful when hitting stuff.
* Skeletons spawn endlessly here, along with hollows.
* There's a dragonrider (that doesn't respawn) and two Syan Knights before Veldstat. Rejoice.
* Two more dudes will try to ring the bell below the stairs after you kill the first one. Stay around to dispatch them.

Aldia's Keep

* The dragon won't attack you immediately, you have to light all four sconces in Aldia's Keep to make it revive. That implies fighting four Forlorn. It drops Aldia's Key.
* Aldia has gotten more pets, including FIVE Mimics.
* The long, side room you can open with the Aldia Key has a lever you can pull to destroy ALL THE CELLS HOLDING ENEMIES. The main hallway then has two activated Mimics, two Ogres, an Artificial Undead, a Corrosive Giant Bug, and two Basilisks. Have fun. There's also a Warlock in the side room, alongside the Gargoyle.
* More stone hollows in the main foyer, they don't drop any unique stuff so feel free to ignore them.
* The mirror invaders spawn from different mirrors now.
* Haven't freed Navlan, so I don't know if he changed his invasion spots. His quest is the same as before.
* Invisible hollow past the boss fight.
* Sellsword Luet is a shade available for this section.

Dragon Aerie

* The shortcut to the Dragon Shrine (by zipline) is open by default. You can skip the entire Aerie.
* You need a Fragrant Branch of Yore to access the dragons in here.
* There's four times as many exploding mummies in here.
* All dragons are sleeping, they won't attack unless you attack them. loving Crystal Lizards will try their best to run below them.
* There's an Undead Priestess near the second one.
* You don't need to break any eggs to get your second Dragon Tooth.
* The camera move slightly to the right, looking towards the center instead of up when you cross the long rope bridge.
* The mummies in this place are of the corrosive variety - two explosions will destroy your Third Dragon Ring EVEN with a Bracing Ring +2.

* The Dragon Shrine has a new gimmick: Dragon Knights are everywhere where there were Drakekeepers before (there's no Priestess here). When you approach them, they will bow and a Drakekeeper will engage you. If you fight and kill the Drakekeeper, everything's fine and dandy. If you summon a shade or try to bypass the Drakekeeper, they will turn hostile till you die and try again.
* The flight of stairs that take you to the dragon have 10 of the fuckers, plus a Dragon Covenant NPC who has a lot of health and hits like a truck. These guys will chase you till you are basically hugging the Ancient Dragon.
* Bashful Ray is on a corner near where the Mimic used to be.
* Haven't tried killing the Ancient Dragon to check what it drops.
* No Mimic in Dragon Shrine anymore.

Memory of Vendrick

*Veldstat is in the memory, in the place where you fight him :allears:

DLC
* So far, I've only noticed that they replaced the second Flexile Sentry in the room with the Dragonbone Fist with 10 or so Retainers. (Ivory King's Crown)
* Haven't seen any other changes in the DLC so far.

And that's it. As always, ESL and all that, so excuse any typos and weird sentence construction.

Azran fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 5, 2015

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Minor correction about Armorer Dennis, i believe he uses the Blue Flame, rather than a rapier, and he also casts shitloads of spells at you as a result

Great list.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Minor correction about Armorer Dennis, i believe he uses the Blue Flame, rather than a rapier, and he also casts shitloads of spells at you as a result

Great list.

Fixed! I just realized I typed out "shields" instead of spells. :downs:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well he does use a fairly fancy shield too so it's not wrong :v:

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

There is an illusory wall in one of the passages on that level, it's a small dead end on the right, with the left corridor leading further into the peak

Thanks, was that platform even there in the original game? I only noticed it this time because they put an enemy on top of it. I guess it probably was, since I haven't seen any of the actual geography changed yet in the game.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Trick Question posted:

Thanks, was that platform even there in the original game? I only noticed it this time because they put an enemy on top of it. I guess it probably was, since I haven't seen any of the actual geography changed yet in the game.

Yep, that's always been there. I think there's a ring or some bolts there.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It also seems they added a couple sconces in the last section of Tseldora. Lighting them will keep the spiders away from Ornifex and provide some safe areas in general. Edit: Nope, they are just there so you can lit torches. They don't affect spiders.

Upgrade materials are also really easy to get now, and everywhere.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks a ton for that list! I'll have to read through it later once I get ready for NG+.

Meanwhile, my no bonfire and no death run came to an early end when I accidentally sat at a bonfire, then underestimated the sheer number of dudes they added and could no punch them all to death. I'm really loving this new version though, it's a ton of fun and you can't just sit back and slowly plink everyone to death when there's like five hollows up in your face.

Also is it just me or is the lighting a bit different?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Smelter Demon and the Pursuer.

*Prostration*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any chance they unfucked weapons since they're made out of paper in DS2? Also do I have to buy Scholars if I've already got the full DS2? I only found out about Scholars about one loving hour after I dropped $50 or so for the full game a month ago. Spending another $30 would be.... okay I guess... :geno: