Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
im permabanned bungiedev bountymaker58. i first started designing gambit bounties when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would make bounties like “get 30 multikills with a rocket launcher” and “deposit 10 large blockers” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of bounties was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “do” gambit bounties to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
20 double kills with a fusion rifle :allears:

Listerine posted:

Did they bump up the drop rates for escalation protocol? I just got the SMG, sniper, and shotgun in about one hour.

They added the RNG catchup mechanic where a session without a drop raises your drop chance but I think that's for any drop in general not the individual guns. You just got really lucky.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/3jCL3eB.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

im permabanned bungiedev bountymaker58. i first started designing gambit bounties when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would make bounties like “get 30 multikills with a rocket launcher” and “deposit 10 large blockers” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of bounties was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “do” gambit bounties to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

This except the severely mentally challenged nephew of the Bungie bigwig whose job it is to add edges, lips, protrusions to walls, curbs ever so slightly too large for your Guardian to walk over, pebbles on the ground that will kill you if you land on them, and all the other insane poo poo they let their retarded physics interact with.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

At the starting of the strike where you have all the taken at that power plant on earth (one of the NF this week), Zavala says "take out the blacks." I recorded it just to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
He actually says “take out the anti-vax” but I can see how you would confuse the two

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

20 double kills with a fusion rifle :allears:

You mean the first 2 minutes of a match :getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

You mean the first 2 minutes of a match :getin:

I mean 20 minutes on Venus waiting for the goblins to line up just right

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Just use telesto for double kills in fact just use telesto for everything

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

This except the severely mentally challenged nephew of the Bungie bigwig whose job it is to add edges, lips, protrusions to walls, curbs ever so slightly too large for your Guardian to walk over, pebbles on the ground that will kill you if you land on them, and all the other insane poo poo they let their retarded physics interact with.

That tiny little bump you can't walk backwards over so you try jumping over it and it sends you forwards instead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Someday bungie will discover player clip volumes and you won't get hung up on random bumps all the loving time.

But it's really tough technology, gonna be a while.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Someday bungie will discover player clip volumes and you won't get hung up on random bumps all the loving time.

But it's really tough technology, gonna be a while.

You mean that the little walls in the shadow zone will stop blocking entirely.

Lol, like anyone will play that by then anyway

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Gwisin let's you back flip around the map while constantly being in your super lol

I think I prefer 1k over qb in gambit. I had a guy hidden behind cover with 15 motes on the opposite side of the map. If I had 1k could just shoot the ground next to him and he'd die.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Gwisin let's you back flip around the map while constantly being in your super lol

I think I prefer 1k over qb in gambit. I had a guy hidden behind cover with 15 motes on the opposite side of the map. If I had 1k could just shoot the ground next to him and he'd die.

If they're hiding in corners they're bad so run them down.

https://i.imgur.com/jzyZtga.gifv

Sorry to wreck your little fort there, kiddos.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yeah im not sure why you wouldn't just be belligerent as gently caress while invading. its not a fair fight considering the overshield.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I was too far away. They were in "base" on the nessus map hiding behind that large pillar and I was spawned in the initial spawn.

1k I just shoot the vicinity and they die

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

1k I just shoot the vicinity and they die

https://i.imgur.com/lNkCBos.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I have done some super nifty things with 1kv that I could never do with any other gun but the amount of havoc you can cause with QB while barely exposing yourself is a bit silly

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Dropped a 50 bomb in PvP using Misfit, a 720rpm auto rifle

It's actually decent. It has high cal so i imagine being shot by it is awful.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

Fart gun!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
yeah I got one of those with rampage, hi-cal and tap the trigger. I should use it sometime

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

CheeseFactory posted:

Lol you out-deueled a lunas

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cue three days of people posting misfit rolls.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had a Misfit that had 67 shots with a Back Up Mag and it was my favorite gun. I got a new Misfit with High impact Reserves and was like Awesome! but this one only has 60 bullets with back up mag. What gives?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Cue three days of people posting misfit rolls.

It's really only Totoro and Jackson who play sycophant for pages at a time.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm gay for cheese I won't lie

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Forbes just posted an article yesterday about how weird it is that Forsaken’s first major post launch content is a week away and no one knows a goddam thing about it but it’s concerning and possibly indicative of it being low value.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Do not read Forbes plz.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Forbes just posted an article yesterday about how weird it is that Forsaken’s first major post launch content is a week away and no one knows a goddam thing about it but it’s concerning and possibly indicative of it being low value.

It means there's no campaign proper to discuss the play of, enemies of, story arc of, leaving but quests and one-off missions and poo poo. That's always a huge part of reveals.

There's also the matter of new modes or anything else which they likely don't want to spotlight as then the value of the DLC comes down to a piece of the puzzle being pre-judged and de facto representing the release as a whole, which they don't want.

And then there's the matters of timing, first being that Black Armory releases over months and thusly don't want to present only a few things while saying they can't show more yet or that it's not time, which would be a very bad look. Then the other, being if they showed what they can a month out, they would have gotten savaged. "Too little, too early, where's the rest of what we're paying for?" ish would have murdered the hype and expansion sales.

This is new ground for the game and expecting Bungie, who now finally has good press back on their side with Forsaken so far, to squander it on an antiquated reveal process is lol.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 25, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The DLC is just gonna be more weekly crumbs like the corruption cycle in dreaming city. We already know there's no new patrol zones this year, it's clear to me the "bubbles" poo poo they were talking about was just updating NPC interactions to make it feel like a story is taking place.

Plus the stuff we all actually care about, new guns.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
when the opposing team should have beaten you but they don't know who to blame
https://i.imgur.com/PvRkTIx.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

QB vs. 1K - try doing this with QB (repost)

https://twitter.com/ilovemydeadgay1/status/1056408351632957441

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

I had a Misfit that had 67 shots with a Back Up Mag and it was my favorite gun. I got a new Misfit with High impact Reserves and was like Awesome! but this one only has 60 bullets with back up mag. What gives?

Extended mag perk or similar on one?

Dim is saying my extended mag backup mag mod holds 70.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/J4TFONL.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 25, 2018

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

xzzy posted:

Do not read Forbes plz.

yeah all Paul Tassi does is read the Reddit and parrot what people are whining about without actually doing any research of his own

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

QB would have killed him as he ran to cover and you would have more time to chase down his bros.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

Some comedian has a bit where she says if she lives to be 100, she will troll people by saying it's because she ate an entire pine cone everyday.

As I sit here in my Alpha Lupi, with no resilience, and holding a sidearm and a trace rifle, I can't help but wonder if I have been eating your pine cones

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Do not read Forbes plz.

Forbes is the NYT Op-Ed page of video games

people who have no idea what they’re talking about writing blog posts with a well known publication giving them a veneer of legitimacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Joke is on you. I now main a hunter in PvP with Shards and a sidearm and trace rifle.