Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

Welp, the Animated book completely sold out. I didn't get one. Apparently they wildly underestimated its popularity and didn't think to order one per attendee. :argh:

Well crap, hopefully we won't have to wait long for someone to scan their copy and upload it to the internet, I don't usually condone piracy, but in this scenario it's going to be needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They said they're going to look into getting another run done.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Misfire might be better than Triggerhappy. (?!?!) Same basic transformation, but without the guns hanging off the arms and with Seeker-style wings that can be angled about. I like Triggerhappy's gun-arms, but they make his arms a little less posable than Misfire's. It's close!

I agree with you, they're both really good. I think I like Misfire a little bit more. The transformation isn't quite as good but I like the colors a lot better and I think misfire just looks better overall.

I'd take Twin Twist over Top Spin, too.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm still waiting for Misfire to come in but it's good to hear he is as rad if not radder than Triggerhappy. Also Top Spin is a fun beefy boy just like his brother and I appreciate him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I would disagree. Triggerhappy is still the better bot, with the far superior transformation. Misfire's is much simpler, almost generic.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Jesus gently caress I never had a sense of scale until now. It's HUGE. :stare:

That girl in the background is so jealous and also amazed by the size. You can read it on her face.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Jesus gently caress I never had a sense of scale until now. It's HUGE. :stare:

When does the OSKO version come out?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just got my first Gnaw! So excited. Can't wait to make my Sharkticon army!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
oh my god

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Carnifex or an OSKO?

My TFNation haul! No graphic novel, so I had to make up for it. Dreadwing is for a friend of mine, and the prints are from Kei Zama and Sara Pitre-Durocher.

These cute stickers and keyring from a Japanese artist, Coralus:

Also this utterly fantastic limited postcard print from Sara Pitre-Durocher:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If anyone KOOS's this dude I will buy that as well. This thing is incredible. I really wish there was an affordable way to get a G1 Overlord.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god this is the best

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did you have any trouble with the shoulder pylons? I've heard people were having trouble during transformation and it requires some specific movements.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Did you have any trouble with the shoulder pylons? I've heard people were having trouble during transformation and it requires some specific movements.

He's so majestic in bot mode that I haven't started transforming him yet.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Omg Gnaw is so good.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Carnifex or an OSKO?

My TFNation haul! No graphic novel, so I had to make up for it. Dreadwing is for a friend of mine, and the prints are from Kei Zama and Sara Pitre-Durocher.

I really need to make it next year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pubic works project posted:

Omg Gnaw is so good.

Last night one of my KO Sharkticons lost his battle against a drunken friend. :rip:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Rhyno posted:

oh my god

He's real good! Love that dude

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EthanSteele posted:

He's real good! Love that dude

So good! I need to track down an Impactor now.

Also the Perfect Effect Jinrai set is out and I am really tempted to grab it up but $60 for such a tiny bot add-on may not be worth it.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Medullah posted:

Last night one of my KO Sharkticons lost his battle against a drunken friend. :rip:

That's repairable, right? :ohdear:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I think a piece broke off, doesn't seem to click back. I'll have to tear apart the couch.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just saw on TFW2005 that Takara is re-releasing Metroplex for $245 U.S., which got me thinking about Fortress Maximus again. I never found him when a few lucky people got him for $40 at Ollie's Bargain Outlet in June, but I see he is down to $99 with free Prime shipping on Amazon.

I can't say that isn't a little tempting, but I can't justify that. $40 or $50, sure, but not $100. But I figured a few of you might still be interested.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

$100 for Metro is still a great deal

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

The_Doctor posted:

Carnifex or an OSKO?

This looks like a really good haul and those arts are super duper great. I hope you had a rad time!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

$100 for Metro is still a great deal

Fort Max, not Metroplex. And it seems like a great deal, but I can't justify $100 on a toy, even a really huge one.

Especially a really huge one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't even put Carnifex into alt mode yet, I can't stop putting him in amazing poses.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

His shoulder pylons are a little weird, they're more shoulder pads than actual part of the arm. The instructions aren't exactly clear on how to do it, you have to sort of feel it out.once you do, it isn't a problem but I honestly had a couple seconds where I thought it would never work.

The_Doctor posted:

I never knew I wanted one of those but I kinda do.

Rhyno posted:

So good! I need to track down an Impactor now.

There was a company that offered an extended harpoon hand as a preorder bonus for Carnifex, that was six inches or so long, so Spartan could gouge out Carnifex's eye at one's convenience. Saw it at the con in Chicago.

Rhyno posted:

I haven't even put Carnifex into alt mode yet, I can't stop putting him in amazing poses.

Seems about right.

\/\/\/ I thought it was for a Carnifex preorder, though, not a Spartan one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 13, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I saw that harpoon. I'm keeping an eye out for one that includes it.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Get some pictures!

Also, what happened to the throne that was supposed to come with him or am I think of a totally different 3rd party Overlord??

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Wow MP movie Optimus is a hot mess. I guess this is why you watch video reviews and don't make impulse buys in TRU just because the picture looks nice on the box

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah it's a movie bot, of course it is a mess.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah it's a movie bot, of course it is a mess.

There are a shitload of good movie bots from the last decade, dawg.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well MP Movie Optimus's robot mode is really nice looking and has some nice diecast and heft to him.

Just, you know, never transform him. Ever.

Masterpiece Megatron is more complex but he holds together and everything fits together right. It's almost impossible to get everything to line up and tap together for Movie Optimus. Like if you search on youtube, hilariously almost no one has been able to do this.

Also he kinda has silver paint on his feet \ truck grille which is going to come off so that's another reason to never transform him.

If you want that toy you should be prepared for him to have the most jacked up truck mode ever.

But hey if you want some catharsis about the bay movies then here you go

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Xenomrph posted:

It's just that most of them were never on screen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Wall-e is only one robot and he's not even a transformer so this is a tenuous claim at best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Having watched several reviews, MP Movie Prime clearly pales before the might of WJ EM Prime.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I'm pretty hyped for MakeToys Cross Dimension Thunder Erebus. Black prepaint of their POMP (or whatever the gently caress, I can't keep track). Little truck turns into a legends scale dude who also has a titan master sized power master. Also the big rifles split to have little rifles for the medium sized dude! Here's a size comparison shot from Peaugh's review

First comment is a dude thanking Peaugh because he'd be "angry" if he bought this because it's "too small". I mean, I guess I can see his point, given it's $50 cheaper than the toy on the left.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

Having watched several reviews, MP Movie Prime clearly pales before the might of WJ EM Prime.

my wei jiang's hand broke into 17 pieces last week when I tried to give him his sword.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

But hey if you want some catharsis about the bay movies then here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DO7eQGSvqE

and/or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQMMYSS14yM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I was watching Peaugh's Maketoys Galaxy Meteor (GF Starscream) video and the way they cover the hollow back of the leg made me go :haw: . Looks like a fun toy.