Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

galagazombie posted:

I was on the 360 for D1 so never got Rise of Iron, were the Splicers an actual new race gameplay wise or were they just a new Fallen paint scheme like the House of Wolves were?

Very recognizable as fallen but with some new weapons/abilities.

Like their guns were all solar damage and fired slightly differently. If you got headshots they had a chance to spawn a seeking bolt. Vandals had pyramid heads so their crit spot was their neck instead. Captains had void shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mazerunner posted:

Like their guns were all solar damage and fired slightly differently. If you got headshots they had a chance to spawn a seeking bolt. Vandals had pyramid heads so their crit spot was their neck instead. Captains had void shields.

So kinda like the Red Legion were still the Cabal but with some tweeks?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mazerunner posted:

Reddit being really mad about it being “unfair” that headshots weren’t crits in these guys was the funniest poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

haveblue posted:

The Scorn are the Farm of Destiny races

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

galagazombie posted:

So kinda like the Red Legion were still the Cabal but with some tweeks?

yeah basically. Like there weren't any new enemy types, like how D2 introduced dogs, gladiators and pyros. That didn't happen with the splicers.

Kinda like the taken versions. Maybe a bit less? Like you fight them, and you're like, "ok I'm fighting Fallen, but with a twist".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scorn are just some prison thugs running around killing cops after they break free, pretty much a bunch of nobodies.

Just like the siva fallen that were some wanna be cyborg cultists, pretty much nobody.

Our solar system is a really lovely place to be Fallen, literally nothing goes right for you ever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've gotten 2 Nightfall drops ever - the Insight Terminus sniper and the DFA hand cannon

Tonight I ran Lake of Shadows 4 times and got 3 Militia's Birthrights

feelsgoodman

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've gotten 2 Nightfall drops ever - the Insight Terminus sniper and the DFA hand cannon

Tonight I ran Lake of Shadows 4 times and got 3 Militia's Birthrights

feelsgoodman

Nightfall drops actually don't exist

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I'm so loving bad at Crucible and I hate it so much ahhhh

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

orange sky posted:

I'm so loving bad at Crucible and I hate it so much ahhhh

Lol Rasheed you accidentally logged in on your alt!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The “Rasheed’s declining pvp skills” meme has some legs, but will it last into Q1 2019???

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The meme schedule has been updated

Q1 2019: Acronyms for MOUNTAINTOP
Q2 2019: nothing, everyone plays Anthem for this season
Q3 2019: "why can't I hold all these Lines" but it's callout symbols for the Taken Leviathan lair
Q4 2019: Scooby-Doo "let's see who was under this mask" but it's The Darkness with the Hive underneath
Q1 2020: weird, the future sight machine can't see any further than this?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Q2 2019: nothing, everyone plays Anthem for this season

It's not going to take a whole quarter to move on from Anthem

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I’m a mountin’ top

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anthem is gonna be a two week game. But you'll still have that one dude on your friends list playing it 6 months later and every time you ask them about it they insist it's a good game and you should try it again.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I’m a mountin’ top

Don’t you mean muffin top

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Reddit being really mad about it being “unfair” that headshots weren’t crits in these guys was the funniest poo poo

Technically they were mad that it "punished skilled play" by adding an anti-headshot incentive with the seekers, which was equally dumb and funny. Just want to correct the record here.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I shot them in the head anyways because the total amount of damage they dished out was still less if you killed them quickly. It didn't really change the game at all.

Also I was good at using fireteam members as human shields to soak up the seeker bomb thingy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol, I remember in the early weeks when Vosik was slightly challenging and people would get SO MAD that "somebody's going for headshots what the gently caress guys I'm getting owned by seekers here!!!"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

Technically they were mad that it "punished skilled play" by adding an anti-headshot incentive with the seekers, which was equally dumb and funny. Just want to correct the record here.

Yeah lol that’s actually funnier

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

poo poo we want next season: Ice Breaker, Last Word, The Ram.

poo poo we'll probably get: Trespasser, Universal Remote, exotic class items as lengthy grind quests.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
last word is coming

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I want literally all of those things

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i miss the old shrieker idiot trap where you would tell teammates to move back and they would say why before exploding

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Shriekers are dumb and whoever designed them sucks

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Gjallarhorn

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1067158148429959168

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Q2 2019: nothing

:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

everyone plays Anthem for this season

lol... lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Clips like that just remind me how bungie doesn't play the same game we do.. they jump into a room and spray bullets everywhere and some people die.

The rest of us camp angles and try to pick off people that got impatient.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're trying to make it look dynamic and badass, camping angles isn't dynamic and badass (although it's still weird to pick a clip where the player dies at the end (to a hazard of the cast, heh)).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

But you'll still have that one dude on your friends list playing it 6 months later and every time you ask them about it they insist it's a good game and you should try it again.
This is what other people say about Destiny tbqh

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Gets triple down with D2 Noob Toob, misses a bunch of primary shots, dies

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also notice the 625 LL at the end, so that question is answered. Wonder what the max will be

Was that a new primary?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I choose to languish in bad kid valley instead

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

Also notice the 625 LL at the end, so that question is answered. Wonder what the max will be

Was that a new primary?

The Mountaintop is a kinetic grenade launcher, yeah. Its unique perk is very high projectile speed and no arc.

e: If you meant the hand cannon at the end I don't think that was a brand new model, could have been a reuse for a new gun though

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bungo getting roasted in the comments

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

They're trying to make it look dynamic and badass, camping angles isn't dynamic and badass (although it's still weird to pick a clip where the player dies at the end (to a hazard of the cast, heh)).

The play like that in all their games though. They play FPS like it's 1998.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

The Mountaintop is a kinetic grenade launcher, yeah. Its unique perk is very high projectile speed and no arc.

e: If you meant the hand cannon at the end I don't think that was a brand new model, could have been a reuse for a new gun though

"Primary" means scout/auto/pulse/smg/sidearm/hand cannon. "Kinetic" means non-elemental damage.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

Don’t you mean muffin top

I'm a fluffin top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

xzzy posted:

The play like that in all their games though. They play FPS like it's 1998.

i for one appreciate the time capsule