Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

A successful businessman is what the Whitehouse needs to get back on track!

Wonder what the Pepe crowd thinks of cos (((Globalist))) Gary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

Isn't Cohn the registered Democrat?

Or is that someone else

It is. What a world

Also, lol @ draining the swamp by making the president of Goldman Sachs your chief of staff lol

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Kelly definitely deserves a Priebus/Scaramucci-level firing humiliation.

I'd say a Comey-level humiliation but that just made people like him more.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So who's Gary-

theflyingorc posted:

Also, lol @ draining the swamp by making the president of Goldman Sachs your chief of staff lol

:stonk:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Well, I in fact got that over/under wrong. Happy to be surprised that the NYT is incompetent and weak bellied rather than just full on nazi.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

"Nor was I reimbursed by Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr, Ivanka Trump, Tiffany Trump, or Barron Trump."

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Trabisnikof posted:

Well, I in fact got that over/under wrong. Happy to be surprised that the NYT is incompetent and weak bellied rather than just full on nazi.

How in the gently caress was any of this a surprise to them? Do they not do the slightest bit of vetting on the people they appoint to their goddamn editorial board?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Imagine being a General in the army and being fired by a note delivered by some guys bodyguard.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Petr posted:

How in the gently caress was any of this a surprise to them? Do they not do the slightest bit of vetting on the people they appoint to their goddamn editorial board?

They want you to believe that they don't actually google someone during their hiring process. That this was a failure of their hiring process as opposed to their moral judgement / read on the culture.

I hope nobody actually believes that.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Killer robot posted:

Despite the name, the southern strategy was never more exclusively southern than racist whites are. It was just quickest and most visible there. Labor was no exception, since the civil rights movement sharply divided labor unions. A lot of unions integrated well and early. A lot of other ones fought tooth and nail.Members of the second kind, when pressed, went with politicians that were "states rights" and "traditional values" friendly even if it meant buying into the economic package that went with it.

It also wasn't a strategy that sprung up fully formed under Nixon either. It evolved over years through Reaganism, invoking religion and all sorts of culture war issues to make people who were formerly all for left-wing economic policy gradually "Oh yeah, those unions and New Deal programs sure seemed nice, but it just meant that those crooks and slackers moved in to take advantage of upstanding normal Americans like us". That targeting was nationwide. It worked straight up in the South or in northern population centers where white people had black people nearby (at least before white flight really got rolling). In more rural or geographically segregated areas it leaned more on those feds taking your tax money or big unions taking your dues while telling you how to live your life.

This is all wrong. Dixiecrats were all anti-union, so the idea that losing the dixiecrats after the civil rights movement is what made democrats lose labor support is patently ridiculous. What cost democrats labor votes is the decimation of labor unions and the passage of right to work laws:

https://jamesfeigenbaum.github.io/research/pdf/fhw_rtw_jan2018.pdf

In fact, Democratic share of the union vote was increasing during Reaganism:

https://onlabor.org/the-union-household-vote-revisited/#_ftn1

And then Clinton happened and, whelp:

So the evidence is very clear in that it shows that a concerted and successful effort by dixiecrats and republicans to destroy unions is what made democrats start to lose vote from labor, which was then compounded by the fact that they started to lose support from even the dwindling labor movement after Clinton, nafta and so on.

You may be confusing support for social programs after the civil rights act (because dixiecrats supported the new deal as long as it could be segregated) with the idea that that is what happened with labor.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Holy gently caress, her latest twitter thread. She's claiming she talks with Weev about how stupid racism is. Notorious neo-nazi Weev. I just... what?

https://twitter.com/quinnnorton/status/963594113240231936

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Petr posted:

Holy gently caress, her latest twitter thread. She's claiming she talks with Weev about how stupid racism is. Notorious neo-nazi Weev. I just... what?

https://twitter.com/quinnnorton/status/963594113240231936

If you think reverse racism is real then that counts as talking about racism.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Kibayasu posted:

If you think reverse racism is real then that counts as talking about racism.

Jewish racism against whites

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

LegendaryFrog posted:

They want you to believe that they don't actually google someone during their hiring process. That this was a failure of their hiring process as opposed to their moral judgement / read on the culture.

Meanwhile, upstanding respectable smarty man Eric Posner tells us why indentured servitude is so great.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Her Twitter banner is a reference to a movie about hackers that redistributed money from the GOP to liberal causes. What the gently caress is going on here? Is she consciously running the most obvious deception in history or is she just a really, really stupid liberal?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why do people keep working for him? It always ends up in them being fired or resigning in humiliating fashion.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

LegendaryFrog posted:

They thought they were at the point where they could hire an obvious /b/ troll and no one would notice. They are absolutely looking for those ins to propagate and normalize fascism at a larger scale.

And pedophilia.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Niwrad posted:

Why do people keep working for him? It always ends up in them being fired or resigning in humiliating fashion.

It's a filtering process. This is what you get when the people who see that Trump will only gently caress them over refuse. You get the Mooches of the world.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 14, 2018

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Niwrad posted:

"It's because those people were all stupid and didn't understand how it worked. It'll totally be different in my case because of how intelligent and resourceful I am."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Chadderbox posted:

"It's because those people were all stupid and didn't understand how it worked. It'll totally be different in my case because of how intelligent and resourceful I am."

"I will flatter the moron Trump and persuade him to do everything I want, if I just have his ear..."

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Office Pig posted:

They thought they were at the point where they could hire an obvious /b/ troll and no one would notice. They are absolutely looking for those ins to propagate and normalize fascism at a larger scale.

And pedophilia.

I'm amazed the pedophiles haven't figured out that it's probably easier to hoodwink the far-left over to their side than the far-right.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

"I will flatter the moron Trump and persuade him to do everything I want, if I just have his ear..."

"Hey! Holy poo poo, what just happened? Why is everybody booing me at the Emmys?"

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Power?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Petr posted:

I'm amazed the pedophiles haven't figured out that it's probably easier to hoodwink the far-left over to their side than the far-right.

What the gently caress is this

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Office Pig posted:

And pedophilia.

NYT pizza op-ed front for globalist elite child sex ring

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Office Pig posted:

What the gently caress is this

Just noting that almost all politically-minded pedophiles seem to have aggregated to the alt-right movement. I wonder why that is, since they could probably get more traction with the left. This isn't anything new, really - they did it at the beginning of the gay rights movement. The movement rightly flung them the gently caress out early on, but it was there.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
If you use this thread to poke fun at Trump, the NRA will send someone to smash your computer with a hammer.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Niwrad posted:

The humiliation is public, but the profit is all private. Reince Priebus is now president and chairman of the board of a top 200 law firm.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Holy poo poo... How in the world did two college professors collaborate on and finish an article, which then gets reviews by editors, and publish on a liberal site... advocating the position "we can fix immigration if we were just allowed to privately own the immigrants"?

I want off of 2018's wild ride.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Petr posted:

Just noting that almost all politically-minded pedophiles seem to have aggregated to the alt-right movement. I wonder why that is, since they could probably get more traction with the left. This isn't anything new, really - they did it at the beginning of the gay rights movement. The movement rightly flung them the gently caress out early on, but it was there.

Given a lot of thought to this topic, have you?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

LegendaryFrog posted:

Holy poo poo... How in the world did two college professors collaborate on and finish an article, which then gets reviews by editors, and publish on a liberal site... advocating the position "we can fix immigration if we were just allowed to privately own the immigrants"?

I want off of 2018's wild ride.

Posner's been around for over a decade with this flavor of evil. If no one's going to face consequences for aiding and abetting the crimes of our escapades in Iraq, no one's going to do anything about an article advocating slavery indentured servitude the Visas Between Individuals Program, much less the people who wrote it.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Chadderbox posted:

Given a lot of thought to this topic, have you?

The early years of the gay rights movement factored in heavily to my master's thesis, so yeah I kind of have. Thinking about things is good and healthy, even if those things are very bad. h2h

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

KickerOfMice posted:

No part of this is exaggeration.

Seriously, the boomers quitting after an hour story isn't that far off what actually happened at a tomato farm, though it was more them trying to over-report their hours and/or production, then presumably leaving in a huff.

Also there are stories about horse racing tracks and farms that are having trouble finding enough people to do the grunge stable work because the people would normally would come in on seasonal visas weren't allowed back here.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

For what it's worth, 99% of the comments the video is getting so far are mocking the poo poo out of it, and it's getting ratio'd in the likes:dislikes counter.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Petr posted:

Her Twitter banner is a reference to a movie about hackers that redistributed money from the GOP to liberal causes. What the gently caress is going on here? Is she consciously running the most obvious deception in history or is she just a really, really stupid liberal?

After doing a bit of research and reading her articles (as well as the tweets in context), I think there's some gray area here (and I was initially 100% behind firing her). I think she showed some pretty bad judgment in choosing her friends and how she interacted online, but she's not a Nazi and taking half an hour to scroll her feed made that pretty clear. She actually comes off as fairly liberal and progressive. That said, the NYT obviously didn't bother to do some basic due diligence because her stuff DOES read terribly in bite-sized portions and if they were going to hire her in the first place, they should have been ready to go to bat for the poo poo-storm that that would immediately entail.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Memnaelar posted:

After doing a bit of research and reading her articles (as well as the tweets in context), I think there's some gray area here (and I was initially 100% behind firing her). I think she showed some pretty bad judgment in choosing her friends and how she interacted online, but she's not a Nazi and taking half an hour to scroll her feed made that pretty clear. She actually comes off as fairly liberal and progressive. That said, the NYT obviously didn't bother to do some basic due diligence because her stuff DOES read terribly in bite-sized portions and if they were going to hire her in the first place, they should have been ready to go to bat for the poo poo-storm that that would immediately entail.

What are your feelings about Weev?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Trabisnikof posted:

He's absolute poo poo.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Memnaelar posted:

Yeah, there is definitely some context-dependent grey area there for some things, but befriending Weev and claiming that she talks to him about how dumb racism is does not fit into that grey. The n-word Obama tweet was making fun of a racist position in-context. It definitely shows how loving stupid it is to actually use the n-word and hope people understand the context, though. And the "friends with neo-nazis" thing just doesn't fit in anywhere except "she's a /b/ idiot."

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Petr posted:

Yeah, there is definitely some context-dependent grey area there for some things, but befriending Weev and claiming that she talks to him about how dumb racism is does not fit into that grey. The n-word Obama tweet was making fun of a racist position in-context. It definitely shows how loving stupid it is to actually use the n-word and hope people understand the context, though. And the "friends with neo-nazis" thing just doesn't fit in anywhere except "she's a /b/ idiot."

Yeah, I can't really defend that. The Obama quote was part of that terrible judgment I was talking about. People don't see what you're reacting to when they dig back years and pull a single tweet; they just see you used the term "friend of the family". It's a bad, bad look for us white folk, even if you think you're condemning the people who *aren't* using it sarcastically by taking control of it.

That said, just pressing space bar a few times shows her talking about how a lot of America would rather die than provide decent health care to minorities, a retweet of someone pointing out that we all ultimately trace back to Black in Africa, condemnation of Brexit, retweets of a celebration of Black History Month...

This person is pretty clearly not a racist or a Nazi. She may have some pretty lovely taste in friends and might rationalize why she's able to call them a friend something fierce, but the labels I'm seeing tossed at her don't seem to hold up to a few minutes of scrutiny.

Which is terrifying in its own right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

I knew him in college. I was at a diner with a few friends and he showed up and told us all about how if you did enough DMT elves would come to you and tell you secrets. He also tried a number of times to patch into telephone boxes and tap random phones. Not sure when he became a nazi though.

• Locked thread