Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress, I missed out on the Seekers. That'll teach me to work'n'stuff!

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

RandomFerret posted:

Hello friends, I make stuffed toys and I am on a mission to find an excuse to spam my work in every forum on this site. I've already got posts in PYF and TVIV but nothing in BSS, so I went and made this:

That's way cute :3:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just got Scourge, Hardhead, and Galvatron. I don't like Galvatron's head situation. The crown is dumb. Scourge's head is meh. I look forward to getting LG Scourge.

Now Hardhead? Hardhead is good. I really like him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anyone else hear that Toyworld is calling it quits? Bunch of chatter that he various close outs on their old product and them being unable to find new designers means it's the end for TW.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So I'm looking on eBay for the apron and tray for MP Grimlock, and no-one is selling it separately, but looking on sold auctions, the whole Takara release is going for some ridiculously cheap prices.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

So I'm looking on eBay for the apron and tray for MP Grimlock, and no-one is selling it separately, but looking on sold auctions, the whole Takara release is going for some ridiculously cheap prices.

MP Grimlock in general is cheap as hell these days. I couldn't get $50 for my MIB one.

Anyone going to Hascon?

https://www.allspark.com/2017/08/hascon-attendance-50-off-at-groupon/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why did grimlock crash? He's a good, fun figure! I remember selling my toys r us one for 180 bucks, I don't see why he suddenly cratered like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Why did grimlock crash? He's a good, fun figure! I remember selling my toys r us one for 180 bucks, I don't see why he suddenly cratered like that.

I guess the 3P offerings are just better?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah but that could be said for a lot of characters and none have fallen nearly as far as mp grimlock. Weird. Might pick one up while they're dirt cheap though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah but that could be said for a lot of characters and none have fallen nearly as far as mp grimlock. Weird. Might pick one up while they're dirt cheap though.

Looks like prices have rebounded a bit. $75-$100.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Captain Invictus posted:

The recent TRU release will probably hold some value just because they didn't make a ton of them, but he's too small and spindly for most collections on the secondary market. He's really only useful as a standalone desk toy kind of thing now in comparison to the third party offerings, and that's not what the secondary market is after. I thought about selling off my sealed one a while back but didn't, and now it would barely even be worth digging it out of storage.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't think of any other official MP that I've replaced with the 3rd party option other than Grimlock. He's too small. Hell even if you don't want Grinder you could buy one of the oversized KOs. I just don't see why you would bother with the official one now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Reximus Prime is the same toy majorly upscaled and works so much better with an MP collection.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
TBH I've not actually seen a third party Grimlock that I liked enough to pay the asking price for.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Arquinsiel posted:

TBH I've not actually seen a third party Grimlock that I liked enough to pay the asking price for.

Bingo. Nothing at any size has been as good as the MP, imo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Some of them look good but they're ridiculously expensive.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Iron Factory owns

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The main appeal of FansToys Grinder for me is that it's the same size as the other FansToys dinos. As a standalone it's not really better or worse than the official MP (although I do appreciate the lack of that unnecessary head-turning gimmick), but after spending $800 for the MP S**** dinobots I can't have Grimlock being a runt.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheDK posted:

Iron Factory owns
It's kind of a bummer I can't fix my ghost starscream and he can't transform because of the assembly defect but having all of the seekers on flight stands just looks great.

Hope they get the rest of their promised stuff out this year though I'm doubting it. Not even a picture of Sword of Defender this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need ALL the 3P Springers

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I need ALL the 3P Springers

Where's that one? You know, the one that basically started 3P toys? The one that's absolute assy garbage in retrospect? Good times.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

There also seems to be an obsession with combining. I don't need my dinobots to combine. I would actively prefer them not to combine.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

There also seems to be an obsession with combining. I don't need my dinobots to combine. I would actively prefer them not to combine.

TBH I've never met a combiner I really like. Too many compromises in all the modes for my taste. The name of the game is "how can we make all modes as perfect as possible and still have a fun transformation?" Combiners bite off more than anyone has been able to chew, so far. Combiner Wars probably came closest but drat those were some boring-rear end transformations and I got really tired of bot modes where they may as well have been wearing t-shirts that said "hay guess what I do!! Check out this comboner!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Where's that one? You know, the one that basically started 3P toys? The one that's absolute assy garbage in retrospect? Good times.

Shhhhhh, nobody wants to talk about that.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I actually had to check some pics of Warbot Defender to refresh my memory and hell it really does look kind of rear end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy gently caress getting Carnifex into alt mode(s) is such a bitch. Probably never doing that again!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Grinder is much better in every way.

Rhyno posted:

Holy gently caress getting Carnifex into alt mode(s) is such a bitch. Probably never doing that again!

Substantially more difficult than it needed to be, IMO. Unusual for MMC. Robot mode makes up for it though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Substantially more difficult than it needed to be, IMO. Unusual for MMC. Robot mode makes up for it though.

Goddamn right it does. Just spent the better part of an hour messing with him. He's back to bot mode and that is where he will stay.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

It's those shoulder pads. The finished results look good, but man, those pad hinges.

Never transformed him to base mode, just not a fan of base modes.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

TBH I've never met a combiner I really like. Too many compromises in all the modes for my taste. The name of the game is "how can we make all modes as perfect as possible and still have a fun transformation?" Combiners bite off more than anyone has been able to chew, so far. Combiner Wars probably came closest but drat those were some boring-rear end transformations and I got really tired of bot modes where they may as well have been wearing t-shirts that said "hay guess what I do!! Check out this comboner!"
I was fine with them when I was in single digits, but everything since has been good to terrible. Combiner Wars was definitely at the good end of that, and I do love my Superion and assorted random limbs and torsos, but after a while we were just getting compromise characters that didn't really work at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ugh, TFSource have held up my order, saying they want to be paid through Paypal, rather than their own credit card system. 'because of fraud'. I'd have to create a Paypal account for that, and hell no. I've begrudgingly used paypal in the past and it's an absolute headache every time.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

Grinder is much better in every way.

I'm not seeing it from pictures but if you're saying it wins on the in-hand x-factor I'll believe you.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Ugh, TFSource have held up my order, saying they want to be paid through Paypal, rather than their own credit card system. 'because of fraud'. I'd have to create a Paypal account for that, and hell no. I've begrudgingly used paypal in the past and it's an absolute headache every time.

Tell them to process it or eat it, there are a dozen new boutiques with shipping gimmicks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Tell them to process it or eat it, there are a dozen new boutiques with shipping gimmicks.

True but they may not be running wicked sales like on those TW Coneheads.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arquinsiel posted:

I was fine with them when I was in single digits, but everything since has been good to terrible. Combiner Wars was definitely at the good end of that, and I do love my Superion and assorted random limbs and torsos, but after a while we were just getting compromise characters that didn't really work at all.

In retrospect there was a lot of CW I was looking forward to but couldn't justify a purchase to myself. Just because so many of them do the same goddamn thing. I'm still very happy with Superion, and wish I'd got my hands on a Sky Lynx to give Silverbolt a day off. Menasor's just sort of okay. I never did get the Motormaster with the better hips.

Still plan to get a Devastator someday but he's going with the MPs.

And of course there's the upcoming Predacons.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
It's me.

I'm the one they made all the combiners for because I give no shits. I mean I bought Victorion off of TheDK even though I'm also going to get Megatronia just because they're different enough color wise that I like both. :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I own Devastator, Superion, Defensor, Victorion, Bruticus, UW Computron, Optimus Maximus, and Sky Lynx. Combiner Wars was good to me.

I wanted Liokaiser but I couldn't afford it when it was out and now it's stupid expensive.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 20, 2017

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Rhyno posted:

MP Grimlock in general is cheap as hell these days. I couldn't get $50 for my MIB one.

Anyone going to Hascon?

https://www.allspark.com/2017/08/hascon-attendance-50-off-at-groupon/

Man what is this horse poo poo? Con prices don't get cheaper as the date gets closer idiots D:[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

If you cancel your order and it had the Coneheads in'em, I'd love to get those if you're not going to, but was at work while they were up and went out of stock.