Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

-Troika- posted:

On an unrelated note all those posts ITT that were made with manga maker were good and funny and I am glad I read them.
Thankfully a mod put a stop to those funny posts in the Games forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
How can I change my country on nuuvem so it will let me buy Pillars of Eternity? I've never used the site before. I signed up and when I try to add it to my cart, it says that the game isn't available in my region.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rufio posted:

How can I change my country on nuuvem so it will let me buy Pillars of Eternity? I've never used the site before. I signed up and when I try to add it to my cart, it says that the game isn't available in my region.

Use a VPN, like the Hola unblocker.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

a7m2 posted:

Thankfully a mod put a stop to those funny posts in the Games forum

This is a comedy forum. Can't have any funny business going on in here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Steam asked me to reconfirm me email address and when I did their website was in Swedish or something. What are you doing, Steam.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
http://www.getgamesgo.com/

Anyone have any experience with this site? Is it safe to use?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HGH posted:

Why would you make anyone slog through FF3 intentionally?

Yeah seriously, you could have suggested he play Sakura Spirit and you still wouldn't have looked as much like an rear end in a top hat.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Justin_Brett posted:

It's legit, they're a part of Eurogamer iirc.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Justin_Brett posted:

The're as legit as it gets.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So I've been playing Alien Swarm with my friends and while its great (and sadly lacks workshop support) its also a pretty short game. Any one have any recommendations of a 4 person co-op game that is similar? Isn't there a Russian game that should fill the niche? We've also already played through magicika and honest I think we all preferred the more sci-fi settings.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Anybody played Vox Populi Vox Dei 2? Its style makes me want to try it out.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Even Harverster has cards now?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Palpek posted:

Not played the second, but you can play the first one here, free.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

Just now finished putting my computer together and have begun playing Thief(thorf) and Gat Out Of Hell. Gat seems cool, the first thirty minutes in. I like flying. The story hasn't done much besides the norm, but I really though it was great how the ouja board was laughing. :laugh:

Gat is okay, more of a potboiler for the next game. Flying gets better with the upgrades. Hope you like musical interludes.

Jerusalem posted:

Something was very wrong with that video, I heard thugs bantering and yet Batman didn't stop to listen to their entire conversations. Clearly a human being wasn't playing the game.

Flying was entirely scripted. it was utterly flawless and orthagonal. I hate this fashion for 'gameplay' being game engine.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek posted:

The story certainly sounds interesting

quote:

Dr. Wolf has taken the lovely girl and he tried to kill our hero, but he doesn't know how hard he is.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Quest For Glory II posted:

Dr. Wolf has taken the lovely girl and he tried to kill our hero, but he doesn't know how hard he is.

:quagmire:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bring us all the Chris Sawyer games, Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356430/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Coming soon to Steam - Totally Not Mario 64/Galaxy: The Completely Original Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx94Bmb_V8U

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Rumor of the day from one of the Shopto guys:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
That would make sense if bandwidth caps didn't exist and the game was likely to be less than 50gb or so.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

I suspect they'd do something similar to what Lego Batman 3 did for its Batman '66 stage:

Namely: models of all the old cast (as faithful as possible), but Adam West narrated the entire thing in voiceover, rather than having voices for all the other characters.

Batman: the Brave and the Bold was a pretty great modern take on campy Batman. It had 60s tv show villains like King Tut and Bookworm, campy versions of modern comic book villains like Pyg, a crossover with Scooby Doo, and all sorts of weird references like Wonder Woman having the theme sing from her 70s tv show and the Superman episode being made up almost entirely of recreations of Superdickery covers.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I don't want to start a thread in SCHP and am not entirely sure where else to ask this, so you guys'll be my quick question group.

I have a few failed/failing SATA hard drives (and some really old ide drives that may have interesting stuff on them, but I don't care about those) and have been looking at USB-SATA connectors.

-One just connects through the USB drive, and that is its sole powersupply. Is that enough power to run a hard drive?
-Another requires a secondary power source (through your comp's PS or wall outlet, doesn't matter).

Which one seems more reasonable to work, assuming my drives haven't mechanically failed completely? I was able to pull critical data before drive failure, but now it's just the personal, impossible to replace stuff.

Can you recommend one? Does price matter much?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 24, 2015

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Kins posted:

Not completely unsurprising at this point in history though I would also guess that, if true, this would apply to North America only because the box PC market in the rest of the world is still too big to ignore.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
You wanna buy a 250 or 500GB SSD for irreplaceable stuff, all current consumer platters are expected to fail after 3 years.
Samsung Evo 850 is the recommended brand. For extra super safety, 850 pro which have 10 yr warranty instead of 5.

Actually prices have come down so far, you shouldn't have any platters anymore in tyool 2015 at all unless you do lotsa video recording.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 24, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

sauer kraut posted:

You wanna buy a 250 or 500GB SSD for irreplaceable stuff, all current consumer platters are expected to fail after 3 years.
Samsung Evo 850 is the recommended brand. For extra super safety, 850 pro which have 10 yr warranty instead of 5.

Actually prices have come down so far, you shouldn't have any platters anymore in tyool 2015 at all unless you do lotsa video recording.

I have finished replacing parts already. I just have these old drives with things I'd still like to cheaply recover.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

The Kins posted:

Considering he's one of ShopTo's big cheeses, who sell games in boxes, I'm inclined to believe him. Kinda makes sense, because physical PC games seems to be finally dying off, even in Europe.

Kibayasu posted:

Not completely unsurprising at this point in history though I would also guess that, if true, this would apply to North America only because the box PC market in the rest of the world is still too big to ignore.

ShopTo is UK based, so there's a good chance this applies to the rest of the EU. Except perhaps Germany.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Running a hard drive on USB 3.0 alone (no extra power supply) is shaky, I'd buy the adapter with power for sure.
One day you're gonna need that cable for your parents/friends and find out they have an old USB 2.0 machine, or a crappy laptop with weak ports.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Kibayasu posted:

Squares been doing this since sleeping dogs came out. The last disc based pc game in North America I remember them releasing was FF14, and maybe hitman.

Sonel fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 25, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

sauer kraut posted:

Running a hard drive on USB 3.0 alone (no extra power supply) is shaky, I'd buy the adapter with power for sure.
One day you're gonna need that cable for your parents/friends and find out they have an old USB 2.0 machine, or a crappy laptop with weak ports.

Thanks, Dementropy and kraut. It's what I figured, but always good to have other people and solid opinions. You guys make sense. :madmax:

*kisses*

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

sauer kraut posted:

all current consumer platters are expected to fail after 3 years

ok whatever you say

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my 40gb drive from 2006 is still going strong in my old laptop. you just have to believe

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hey, thanks Dementropy for humble-gifting me a copy of Ghost Patrol!

I played a mission past the intro-tutorial and it seems pretty chill. If it scratches that same itch the nes ghostbusters did, and more, then it'll be pretty effing sweet. So far so good, I think!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Palpek posted:

Holy poo poo, that's ugly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also lol:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why is there a blood drop on the logo? Should I be worried?

edit:

quote:

For a person who’s always been afraid of change, this is a worrying prospect for our hero… but it’s something he will have to overcome if he can ever hope to right his past wrongs. And a failure to do so can result in some rather unpleasant outcomes...

ohhh nooooo

edit: Oh it really is a horror thing, huh. Alright then.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

sauer kraut posted:

My platters are fine, thank you.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

me too

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

These anime visual novel devs really need to start stepping up their game if they want to stand out in a post-Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

HardDisk posted:

My platters are fine, thank you.

nice username/post combo

• Locked thread