Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Final Fight was never good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've never played street fighter because it's a bad game.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

lurker2006 posted:

It came out in a time when nearly every shooter on console had some sort of terrible autolock aiming system, at the time hold L1 aim manually was a revelation.

It came out in 2005 waaaaaaaaaay after we moved past auto lock on console (except for gamecube).

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Melée combat in a computer video game is never fun. That's why "Oblivion with guns" was so much better than "Oblivion".

How can you manage to be so wrong

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Melée combat in a computer video game is never fun. That's why "Oblivion with guns" was so much better than "Oblivion".

Idk man I've been playing ghost of tsushima lately and the combat in that game is tons of fun

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I sincerely doubt it'll ever get a deep enough discount on switch for me to consider it but tbh I bought overwatch for it the other day so anything is possible

Not buying Diablo 3 on switch but being willing to buy Overwatch on switch is the single dumbest videogame opinion ever posted on the internet - not being hyperbolic or exaggerating for humour either - #1 by a distance

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I'm trying to play Resident Evil 4 on the switch but I hate it. Why is this game popular? I really, really hate it.

Its a 16 year old videogame op. Playing it now will never be as good as in 2005.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Resident Evil 4 holds up really well. Maybe not as good as a brand new game but its still really fun and smooth to play with great moments and a funny cool vibe.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not buying Diablo 3 on switch but being willing to buy Overwatch on switch is the single dumbest videogame opinion ever posted on the internet - not being hyperbolic or exaggerating for humour either - #1 by a distance

Thank you, I try very hard without ever compromising my integrity. Anyway I like overwatch a lot but the port is pretty bad so I deserve this. If Diablo ever gets down to 25 bucks I'll consider it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Thank you, I try very hard without ever compromising my integrity

Like i dont want to just sound like an internet troll here but I'm fascinated. You could have bought Overwatch anytime in the past 5 years, preferably on pc right at the start when it was at its best. I'm curious - was it the draw of portable Overwatch that really sold you? I mean have fun with it but jeez the ship sailed and is on its way back.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I mean I own it on PC already I just wanted to play it on my bong deck in the rain dude. It literally only released on switch last year. The gyro controls are a cute gimmick but also pretty bad if you have motion sickness issues. I still don't think spending 90 bucks on Diablo 3 is going to noticeably improve the bad decisions I made to get to where I am

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 8, 2021

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
gently caress Diablo is £42 on Switch, i just assumed it was cheaper.

Still though, Overwatch is a loving awful game, it was super fun in the beta when it was free and no-one had any idea what to do. Its awful to play, its awful as a spectator. Its awful compared to Team Fortress.

Don't get my wrong i could blast a bong and do a few Reinhart runs a couple of years ago and I'm sure its as playable as a first person shooter where the developers just randomly ban heros every week because they can't be bothered with balance updates is ever gonna get.

Never pass on a chance to dunk on Overwatch

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Every game on the switch is stupidly expensive for some reason

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

Every game on the switch is stupidly expensive for some reason

The Nintendo Tax is a real thing.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Stardew Valley is £12 on Switch which is ludicrously underpriced if anything

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Nintendo Tax is a real thing.

Probably the main reason keeping me from buying a switch

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

Resident Evil 4 holds up really well. Maybe not as good as a brand new game but its still really fun and smooth to play with great moments and a funny cool vibe.

Agreed. There's a lot of stuff from that era that was great at the time but is barely even playable my modern standards.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

Probably the main reason keeping me from buying a switch

There is cheap stuff available for the switch, but a lot of that is because of its massive shovelware problem.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
overwatch was good in the beta and maybe for a bit after release. blizzard had no idea about what they were doing balance wise: nerfing pudge hook shot combo, mccree stopped being a tank killer at point blank range, and the most funniest was buffing mercys heal when she was the a must-pick citing that she is a "single-target" healer not realizing that you can switch targets often. i assume they just never played the game or watched it being played.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
imo all games are good and I enjoy them a lot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The inclusion of a sniper character in overwatch told me it was never going to be a game I was good at or enjoyed

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
To be fair the idea of a support sniper in Overwatch is pretty cool

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Overwatch is good and there haven't really been a whole lot of contenders in team FPS games imo.

Valorant sucked. It was so bad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Overwatch is definitely not good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Overwatch is not a good videogame but it was at least interesting to try. I couldn't even bother myself to download a free version of valorant.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i dont like overwatch

but i often hear people say they dont like snipers. why not? ever since i used to play delta force in high school ive enjoyed games where you take long distance pot shots at eachother, i guess thats why i ended up posting here

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Well the thing about snipers in a game like Overwatch is you just have to ask "what % of players are having a better time if this isn't in the game".

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
valorant region locked me in russia. what a terrible pos

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

barkbell posted:

valorant region locked me in russia. what a terrible pos

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Well the thing about Russians in a game like valorant is you just have to ask "what % of players are having a better time if this isn't in the game".

unless you're not in Russia, in which case lol

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
no im not in russia, the game auto detects your region and locks you there, i had to contact support and it took like a week or so to convince them to get it changed. at which point i played like 3 games and uninstalled

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shibawanko posted:

i dont like overwatch

but i often hear people say they dont like snipers. why not? ever since i used to play delta force in high school ive enjoyed games where you take long distance pot shots at eachother, i guess thats why i ended up posting here

While you're playing Vasily Zaitsev and landing a shot every couple of minutes, your team are getting pulverised. Unless you're pro as gently caress, you're basically absentee.

Overwatch is 6 v 6, and has 3 sniper classes - but it also has about a billion characters designed to gently caress snipers up with 0 effort. Which means if you're playing one of the non dead weight characters you're outnumbered 2:1, your enemies are everywhere, you have no backup, you get loving rolled, and then at the end SLAMZO_420 goes "i have gold dmg where was tank omg n00b team" and then fucks off to be a boat anchor on the next game.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hace posted:

imo all games are good and I enjoy them a lot

That just means you haven't tried The Last V8 yet.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Throwing games on overwatch until I got into rank 1 was the most fun i ever had in a multiplayer game

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Diablo 3 was the first Diablo game I played (only completed D1 once) and man the writing in that game is something else.
You have a master of deception you can spot a mile away, a master strategist who brags about the things he's totally going to get away with,
and a granddaughter who thinks her old man is being too superstitious in a dark fantasy setting with magic.

Anyway I guess that's not an unpopular opinion.
I still prefer Titan Quest. Gonna have to try to actually finish it one of these days.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
The last game Blizzard made that was actually fun to play was The Lost Vikings

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I have no idea what's going on in diablo 3s story I just want to throw jars of spiders, unleash frogs and spawn piranha tornados

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm really tempted to load up Vice City again and relive my teens just driving around the beach with the radio playing for hours

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah the story in diablo 3 is thankfully completely optional

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Blueshirt posted:

While you're playing Vasily Zaitsev and landing a shot every couple of minutes, your team are getting pulverised. Unless you're pro as gently caress, you're basically absentee.

Overwatch is 6 v 6, and has 3 sniper classes - but it also has about a billion characters designed to gently caress snipers up with 0 effort. Which means if you're playing one of the non dead weight characters you're outnumbered 2:1, your enemies are everywhere, you have no backup, you get loving rolled, and then at the end SLAMZO_420 goes "i have gold dmg where was tank omg n00b team" and then fucks off to be a boat anchor on the next game.

i dunno i guess it depends on the game though, i remember snipers were pretty useful in games like battlefield 1942, and i think it's especially fun when everybody is a sniper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Doctor J Off posted:

The last game Blizzard made that was actually fun to play was The Lost Vikings

The world needs a new lost Vikings