Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://x.com/RichardDawkins/status/336048706853937152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao owned

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://x.com/RichardDawkins/status/389432783304548352

what could it mean :thunk:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The honey incident

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Dawkins trying to rename atheists "The Brights" and Hitchens being drunk enough to avoid reacting.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Do you want some frozen vegetable medley with your cheese?

Christ Hitchens being a gigantic piece of poo poo and still being worshipped by internet atheist types

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this interview
What Fiona Hill Learned in the White House

www.newyorker.com - Fri, 19 Jun 2020 posted:

Fiona was self-deprecating, awkward, and intelligent. The girls attended Bishop Barrington, a local school in a rough neighborhood. Angela, now an English teacher in Madrid, said that in school Fiona was bullied, sometimes physically: people called her “posh—even though she wasn’t posh—because she had different aspirations.” In 1983, Fiona’s final year of secondary school, she was chosen as head girl, and her teachers encouraged her to apply to Oxford. Interviewing at Hertford College, wearing an outfit her mother had made, she noticed the other girls in the waiting room whispering about her. One of them tripped her as she stood up and she fell into a doorframe. Hill recalled, “So I’m going into the interview while holding my nose, which is bleeding.” The professor conducting the interview told Hill that she would not be able to take Russian at Hertford, because she had not studied it in secondary school. He suggested that she apply instead to St. Andrews, in Scotland. Hill followed the advice and was admitted. In the summer before she began, she took a job as a cleaner at the hospital where her father worked. One day, a macerator—a machine that blended human waste and disposable bedpans—exploded. Some of her friends’ mothers worked at the hospital, too. Hill told me, “They were all, like, ‘You’re at university, eh? You too posh now to get poo poo off walls?’ And I was, like, ‘No. I can go do that.’ ”

At the end of her third year of university, Hill won a British government fellowship to study at the Maurice Thorez Institute, a language school in Moscow, before returning to St. Andrews. It was an era of shortages, and the general gloom in Moscow reminded her of the atmosphere in Roddymoor, the former coal-mining town where her grandparents had lived. Toward the end of her year abroad, Hill got a job as an assistant for NBC in Moscow, during Ronald Reagan’s historic summit with Mikhail Gorbachev. There, she met the political scientist Robert Legvold, who suggested that she study in the United States. The following year, Hill applied for a Kennedy Scholarship at Harvard, to pursue her interest in U.S.-Soviet relations. At her interview, the judges had trouble understanding her accent, and, as she was leaving, she opened a door and stepped into a closet. She didn’t get the scholarship. A few weeks later, she interviewed for and was awarded a Frank Knox fellowship, and in the fall of 1989 she enrolled in a master’s program in Soviet studies at Harvard’s Russian Research Center. Soon, she met a Soviet-studies student from Chicago named Kenneth Keen. They became friends and struck up a romance.

In the summer of 1991, Hill took a part-time job as a Russian translator at Graham Allison’s Strengthening Democratic Institutions Project, which aimed to transform the Soviet Union, and, later, Russia, into a Western-style democracy. “We were trying to do something bold,” Allison told me. “Maybe, if you were criticizing it, you’d say romantic.” Hill arrived for her interview wearing a pair of ripped jeans and Doc Martens boots. Allison said, “Fiona was certainly, at best, a diamond in the rough, and there was a lot of rough. And her accent—it was like listening to one of those BBC radio shows where the people were speaking Scottish and you couldn’t figure out what the hell they were talking about.”

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Milo and POTUS posted:

Christ Hitchens

He walked on whisky.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Christ Hitchens is a very convenient typo given the way he's venerated

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Piss Christ

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
america tried to cancel sinead o connor for calling the pope evil on live tv

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i would say they pretty successfully ended her career in popular music lol

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It seemed to work, too

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Julian Castro got admonished for pointing out Biden was old, a thing that the Hillary camp did to Bernie in 2016 but that was OK

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

pussy hats

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
hillary starting the obama birth certificate truthering

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

mitt romney quietly singing who let the dogs out when he was around black people at a campaign event

trying to imagine mitt romney WOOFing. laughing

edit: it was exactly what I thought it would be lmao. now I want to see him really commit

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lmao

Is Donald Trump Too Old to Be President?

The oldsters in the presidential race might be exceptions to the rule, but science says brain function often declines noticeably at that age.

By MICHAEL TORTORELLO

February 28, 2016

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/2016-elections-cognitive-science-213679/

If Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders succeeds in his bid for the presidency, he would be 75 and would easily eclipse “The Gipper” to become the oldest person ever to be elected president. At 70, Donald Trump, too, would be older than Reagan was on Election Day, along with Jim Webb, who would be 70, and George Pataki, who would be 71. At 69, Hillary Clinton would be just a few months younger than Reagan was.
https://www.cnn.com/2015/09/16/health/presidential-age-too-old/index.html

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ben shapino posted:

Piss Christ

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

moist turtleneck posted:

Julian Castro got admonished for pointing out Biden was old, a thing that the Hillary camp did to Bernie in 2016 but that was OK

lmao it was even better bc all the talking heads first admonished him before saying "yea tho Biden's not looking good, he should drop out" cut to 4 mos later when everyone is in the tank for Biden bc we gotta kill bernie

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

this documentary did more to humanize romney than anything he's ever done, he should have hired the filmmaker to make him seem like a human being

raisin kane
Dec 26, 2019

it’s the only way my wife can eat fajitas

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

raisin kane posted:

it’s the only way my wife can eat fajitas

Your wife can’t eat fajitas without overcooked salmon and canned mixed veggies?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god that picture is so drat good

the same people think they would be able to survive a red dawn event

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Your wife can’t eat fajitas without overcooked salmon and canned mixed veggies?

That's loving salmon?!

moist turtleneck posted:

Xi gotta take the upper midwest first, then he can bargain for red state loyalty with cheese stipends

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Lmao I’d never seen this before but yeah it’s very good

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's loving salmon?!

Yeah, idk how you overcook it to that point, but yeah

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's loving salmon?!

Xi gotta take the upper midwest first, then he can bargain for red state loyalty with cheese stipends

first drop special forces into missouri to secure the 1.5 billion pounds of cheese the u.s. has in its reserve then strike northeast to wisconsin to capture the dairy fields with an occupying army.

with a firm grasp on the mississippi and great lakes waterways and the capitalist dogs' cheesy treats, victory will be assured

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the milk machine posted:

hillary starting the obama birth certificate truthering

"native garb"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Eat This Glob posted:

first drop special forces into missouri to secure the 1.5 billion pounds of cheese the u.s. has in its reserve then strike northeast to wisconsin to capture the dairy fields with an occupying army.

with a firm grasp on the mississippi and great lakes waterways and the capitalist dogs' cheesy treats, victory will be assured

Hire us Xi, you'd be surprised at how cheap we'd work

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

qanon people thinking that china had invaded the us through canada

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

"native garb"

Allahüekber.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ill never tire of these weirdos posting pictures of some random grab from their fridge and considering it an own on libs

however, eating stuff is marxist imo, so theyre p much all commies

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oddly decent portion of veg on that plate.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

obama smokg crack and having gay sex

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oddly decent portion of veg on that plate.

Bland as hell, but yeah just heath wise not too bad.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

obama smokg crack and having gay sex

What? This is the first time I’m hearing about this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Bland as hell, but yeah just heath wise not too bad.

Swap the other piece of fish (is it fish?) for two potatoes, and half the veg for fresh, and it would please any nutritionist.

e: I just realized I said "change literally half of the meal and it's perfect" so yeah well anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Swap the other piece of fish (is it fish?) for two potatoes, and half the veg for fresh, and it would please any nutritionist.

Yeah, fresh veg would be better, but it's hard to judge people for using frozen, as like sometimes that's just an availability thing, or from some other restraint.

Main thing is they were actually trying for veg, and it's like not just all peas, or just all corn, there is some variation. Could be better, but far from bad.