Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The console is from the Hasbro Superman, but the one he is holding is a custom made little one.

He had a few made a few years ago, but never had a way to display em till now. I think he's working on a little green crystal from the first movie to display as well.

Hopefully he will get em done before I get my Superman in, so I can just swing over and get one to make the display more awesome than it will be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

More Hot Toys:

Apparently they've got a Loki in the works too, and there's rumors of an '89 Batwing.

Meanwhile, I'm giving serious consideration to that Samurai Predator. Apparently one of the designers also did the awesome looking Ancient Predator on Horse statue. I like this guy's style.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

15 dollars to ship an action figure? Do they come wrapped in silk, inside a solid gold box?

I think that was for 3 figures, shipping for one was $8 (I've been eyeing Optikk for a while, only MOTUC I've had any interest in) which with the $2 off totaled slightly less than cheapest sealed one on ebay.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Apparently Hot Toys is going to be producing merchandise from the upcoming Ridley Scott film "Prometheus". http://www.avpspectrum.com/2011/11/prometheus-toys-in-production/

I can't wait to see 'em! Depending on what is in the film, we may get some pretty cool non-human characters.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

15 dollars to ship an action figure? Do they come wrapped in silk, inside a solid gold box?

They come in a small white box that is within a larger box. And a little piece of tracing paper inside the smaller box.

Sometimes those smaller boxes have the character's name on them. Those boxes are valuable and can be sold for on the market to recoup any shipping costs or so says Matty.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Matty makes money on the shipping, because they don't make enough charging $20 for figures that would sell for $10 at a profit.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

therealjon_ posted:

Matty makes money on the shipping, because they don't make enough charging $20 for figures that would sell for $10 at a profit.

They're also pulling product for their black friday sale now. People found out the true quanities they had in stock by exploiting the counter and found out that most figures were in the thousands. Many of the figures only sold a few dozen and once people had the numbers everything was reduced to 99 available then 50 then zero within minutes.

They're intentionaly manipulating the rarity by insane degrees.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mattel is literally the cartoon supervillain of toy collecting. :stare:

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Xenomrph posted:

Mattel is literally the cartoon supervillain of toy collecting. :stare:

It just honestly doesn't make any sense. They had the SDCC Exclusives for sale from the previous two years and the one from this year that had around 1,000-2,000 for each figure.

So whatever backstock they have, they have alot of it since the SDCC figrues were produced at a much lower quanitity than everything else. However the quantity they were produced at were still pretty high, so much so they could easily fill the gaps in alot of people's collections.

But the only thing I could think of is that they want to keep the line collector only. And they fear that if collector's knew how much stock they had they're not going to want to buy it because if it's not rare than anyone can buy it and hence they don't want it.

Which is really stupid to base things on. However the thing I remember is what they said about not wanting re-issues of newer figures so members could sell off their excess figures at profit. So in essence they can't flood the market because thats how they think they'll keep their subscribers.

It reeks of terrible business practices. The only established system that's widespread that I can think of is how some marketing practices work over in Japan, Matty's system mirrors it for the majority. It never really does well compared to the US counterparts of the same product who make it readily available. They're honestly shooting themselves in the foot in alot of cases. I'm curious to who's actually calling the shots for everything.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 26, 2011

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Just a heads up for anyone that likes the DC Universe line, they are on sale for the next week at Target for $7.99! I picked up OMAC and Sandman, might go back when I get paid later this week and pick up some people I have been holding off on.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:siren: I've got stuff for sale :siren:

- Toys R Us exclusive AvP 2-pack (sans skulls, otherwise mint). I'll sell them individually or as the pair, I don't care.

- Indiana Jones in German Disguise, mint (from SDCC exclusive 6-pack)

- Stealth Iron Man, mint (from TRU 2-pack)

- German Mechanic, mint (from SDCC exclusive 6-pack)

- The Walking Dead comic series Rick Grimes, mint

- Satipo, mint (from SDCC exclusive 6-pack)

- DCUC Mr Terrific (sans BAF piece, otherwise mint)

- TRU exclusive 2-pack Winter Soldier, mint

Make me some offers or something! :woop: I'll be making a thread in SAMart too with some other stuff (a broken ipod touch, 2 broken xbox360s)

Figured I'd give you guys first dibs before I took it all to eBay.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Vaerai Archon posted:

Matty are idiots

Yeah, they are loving stupid. We don't buy toys as investments (the more sane amoung us, anyway) we buy them cause we like owning little plastic mans that look cool :argh:

I'm trying to think of even one thing Matty's business ideas haven't hosed up, but I'm struggling

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I dug out all my Street Fighter dudes as part of my slow liquidation and I'm reminded of what a mess that line was. Great scuplts, great accessories ruined by no good distribution and action figure as fragile as glass. I tried to change the hand on my extra Ibuku and it broke :/

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If you havn't gotten Swiftwind yet from MOTUC you definetly should get him. He is the best beast toy they've done for the line sofar. He may not be as bulky as the cats but he's larger and taller than them. He's got quite a few points of articulation so you can pretty much pose him in any horse pose you want. His wings can rotate 360 degress and are able to pivot up and down, each wing is a single solid piece however. Other than the connecting joint any sort of mid wing articulation is absent but what's there is decent enough. You can take off the wings entirely but then there are empty gaps on the shoulders. I prefer to leave the wings on simply because the wingspan for the figure is huge.

The sculpt itself is great, the base horse model is very life-like. The armor is all entirely removable much like all the other beasts, but it's the TV show colors and not the original toy colors(some may take issue with that). Swiftwind fully armored looks like a Luchador Pegasus. The mask is a bright pink on a blue base outline with a thunderbolt esque design going down the center and capped off with a gold horn. The armor macthes the deco all around, and the rainbow wings are flamboyant as hell.

So yes you should buy the Luchador Pegasus, you should buy him now.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Swiftwind is great and so is Bubble Power She-Ra if you put the red cape and Filmation head from the first release on her.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
These would've been rad as hell when I was 9:

They fit in with the 6" line.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Found this cleaning too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Not to cockblock anybody interested in Samus, but you can easily flip that figure for $100 on eBay.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Welp I was just about to ask how much he wanted for it in the hopes he hadn't already checked eBay to see how much it was worth. :doh:

Also Louisgod, where did you see that Mortal Kombat multipack?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Welp I was just about to ask how much he wanted for it in the hopes he hadn't already checked eBay to see how much it was worth. :doh:

Also Louisgod, where did you see that Mortal Kombat multipack?

Haha whoops sorry.

Toys R Us has the MK 4-pack. I stopped there on my way to work and they had like.. 9 of them. Be warned: It's $50 and the faces look aaaawwwfuuullll. I'll go in halvsies with somebody if they want Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Thanks Loops. I knew it was worth a bunch I was just excited to find it.
And I'm glad to see despite the numerous figures I've went out of my way to find and sell at cost (or lower) there are people ready to lowball me to death. :waycool:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man, I hope that MK pack is up here in Canada, those are as good as it gets for now (until Hot Toys magically does something but that will never happen).

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Vaerai Archon posted:

If you havn't gotten Swiftwind yet from MOTUC you definetly should get him. He is the best beast toy they've done for the line sofar. He may not be as bulky as the cats but he's larger and taller than them. He's got quite a few points of articulation so you can pretty much pose him in any horse pose you want. His wings can rotate 360 degress and are able to pivot up and down, each wing is a single solid piece however. Other than the connecting joint any sort of mid wing articulation is absent but what's there is decent enough. You can take off the wings entirely but then there are empty gaps on the shoulders. I prefer to leave the wings on simply because the wingspan for the figure is huge.

The sculpt itself is great, the base horse model is very life-like. The armor is all entirely removable much like all the other beasts, but it's the TV show colors and not the original toy colors(some may take issue with that). Swiftwind fully armored looks like a Luchador Pegasus. The mask is a bright pink on a blue base outline with a thunderbolt esque design going down the center and capped off with a gold horn. The armor macthes the deco all around, and the rainbow wings are flamboyant as hell.

So yes you should buy the Luchador Pegasus, you should buy him now.

Mattytoy's shill found.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Found series 4 of NECA's "Predator 2" figures at TRU today. They all came out really nice.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Mattytoy's shill found.

That's the problem, most the MOTUC stuff they put out is so good ... we are willing to eat poo poo to obtain them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

Found series 4 of NECA's "Predator 2" figures at TRU today. They all came out really nice.
Me too, just picked them up. I passed on the unmasked City Hunter, I'll wait for the two-pack that has him masked. The other two are pretty great, though. :woop:

Also, saw that MK classic ninja 4-pack, and holy poo poo Louisgod you weren't kidding that the faces are bad. Like, they're aggressively terrible.

I've got the "modern" Scorpion and Sub Zero in the 6" scale and I like them quite a bit, and I grabbed the "klassic" cyber-ninja 3-pack which is pretty great too, but I'm definitely not picking up the 4-pack after seeing it in person.

Looking forward to seeing more "modern" MK9 figures though.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bushifox posted:

Mattytoy's shill found.

Their service and practices are poo poo but the action figures are good. :colbert:

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Vaerai Archon posted:

Their service and practices are poo poo but the action figures are good. :colbert:

admittedly I do want a swiftwind.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Havoc904 posted:

Just a heads up for anyone that likes the DC Universe line, they are on sale for the next week at Target for $7.99! I picked up OMAC and Sandman, might go back when I get paid later this week and pick up some people I have been holding off on.

As a heads up, it's actually 50% off of ALL Mattel stuff at Target. I nabbed a bunch of Young Justice figures for $4.99.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kind of wasn't expecting this but... Hot Toys Classic Predator shipping Dec 17th. I thought it was going to be in January? Ugh. :3:

Excited but I'll be getting that package right after xmas.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Kind of wasn't expecting this but... Hot Toys Classic Predator shipping Dec 17th. I thought it was going to be in January? Ugh. :3:

Excited but I'll be getting that package right after xmas.

Just saw the ad, does anyone know if Walmart price matches 50% off deals? Last time I was there they had row upon row of DCUC stuff.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Alright, I got the Figma Robocop that I ordered, and took a few pics of him:
http://imgur.com/a/jJ985#3

I can't figure out how to rotate a few of those on imgur, but you'll get the general idea.

I really like the figure. It doesn't use standardized joints like a Revoltech, but the positive to this is that it's a lot sturdier to stand and pose. I was a bit worried that it would require a stand to stand up, as all of the pictures on the net show it connected to a stand, but the stand is completely unnecessary. It's a well balanced figure with enough foot articulation to balance in many ways.

There's lots of detail all over. Comes with a collection of hands including open, pointing, pistol clutching, fists, and a spike. The gun is nice, though the muzzle flash accessory is kind of dumb. There's extra parts to convert the right leg into an opened pistol holster too, which the pistol fits in very nicely. The last accessory bit is a damaged helmet.

One little detail I really like is the moving ball-jointed pistons in the ankles.

The only real cons to the figure are a badly placed seam on the side of the head (though it really doesn't show up to the eye as badly as to the camera), and (this is going to sound weird) the lack of attention to Robocop's lips, which are really his only visible humanizing feature. It would have also been nice to have a swappable unhelmeted head.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Bushifox posted:

Just saw the ad, does anyone know if Walmart price matches 50% off deals? Last time I was there they had row upon row of DCUC stuff.
Walmart doesn't match percentages off unless there's a "was 19.96 is now 11.00" or whatever and they won't match online ads.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Walmart doesn't match percentages off unless there's a "was 19.96 is now 11.00" or whatever and they won't match online ads.

I got Walmart to match a price using google shopper on my phone.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Alright, I got the Figma Robocop that I ordered, and took a few pics of him:
http://imgur.com/a/jJ985#3

Thanks for posting these. I think your right about the lips, it makes a difference. Also, is it just me, or is that blue ring around his helmet...not supposed to be there?

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

The blue ring is definitely on Robocop, although I don't think it's supposed to be quite that blue or stand out quite that much from the rest of the steel. It's kind of exaggerated by the close camera flash though.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Rhyno posted:

I got Walmart to match a price using google shopper on my phone.
You must have a little baby pushover Walmart. If you tried that at our store the cashier would laugh at you and then a manager would run up and smack your phone out of your hand and then a group of fat hispanic women would probably beat you up a little bit for wasting their time.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So apparently durring the last few hours of the Matty Cyber Monday sale they put up Webstor, Man-At-Arms,Tri-Clops, Faker, and apparently the first SDCC version of King Grayskull. All for 10 dollars and did not even have the figures linked to their Cyber Monday page.

MAA, and Triclops havn't even gotten a re-issue yet, ever. And the first version of King Grayskull is hard to just even find(let alone find it that cheap). I'm hoping that the earlier figures get some form of re-issue next month because they were still available as the sale ended. It's just that 95% of the people didn't know they were on sale unless you checked He-man.org and read the posts that some unlisted things went on sale.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The best part was Matty posting on Facebook stating "all items ordered at the same time will ship together."

Which is always the case so there was really no reason to post it. But everyone confused it as them meaning to say all orders that day will combine shipping.

They let that wording sit out there for a couple hours and put out a few more figures before expanding on it.

It was pretty obvious the intent was to confuse people so they would make multiple orders. Get more shipping cuts Matty!

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm like 7-8 figures away from catching up on the MOTUC line. The only figures I am missing are 2nd Edition King Greyskull(allthough not sure how different he is from the 1st edition), Battle Armor He-man, Man-At-Arms, Tri-Clops,Keldor, Randor, Roboto, and Webstor.

And when 4 of those figures went on sale(allthough second edition grayskull may not have actually been available from the start) and then pulled it really sucks. I would have bought one of each too, I mean yeah the sale ended but they could have left them up at full price.

Allthough I still need 3 of the TRU vs packs, the He-Man vs Superman, She-Ra vs Supergirl, and Zodac vs Green Lantern but all I see is Skeletor and Wave 2 everywhere. But Matty doesn't even sell those, I was fortunate enough to find a Faker vs Bizarro pack for the original cost.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Buy my Roboto :mad: