Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I submitted myself voluntarily to a torturous experience called Demonicon, the one that was ridiculed for having incest or (after playing it) incestuous undertones and believe me that is by far the least offensive thing about it. It's a talky third-person RPG in the vein of Mass Effect except there is no choice not even a well-maintained illusion of it. You are always left standing on the sidelines, literally watching as bad guys leave, your relatives get taken away and in 98% of cases you have no say in anything that matters. In most cases the game doesn't offer a plausible reason for it like getting strong-armed or knocked out.

And the ending! If you though Mass Effect's 3 was infuriatingly low :effort: then boy do I have a game for you.

e: and new page to boot :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Niggurath posted:

So are these Electronic Super Joy games legit fun platformers, cause the reviews are mostly pretty negative on the first on in Steam.

I only played the first one and it's a mix of really clever levels, really awful levels, and extremely juvenile Reddit humor/women moaning for some unfathomable reason. I didn't hate all of it but I'm not going to say it's a good game and at least it was mercifully short.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

ookiimarukochan posted:

With any luck someone will buy you Dr Who The Eternity Clock next and you'll end up blowing the entire list away, again.
I haven't been following that game closely, is it complete rubbish or something?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The daily deal looks gorgeous, but I have no idea if it's any good. Can anyone vouch for it?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Battlefield: Plants vs Zombies is so good. I hate to spend thirty bucks on a single PC game though. Anyone know of a hot deal on it?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I'm buying that goofy-looking skeleton game and will gift a copy to the first person to post their steamid and express their willingness to play a goofy-looking skeleton game.

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine
I'm interested as well http://steamcommunity.com/id/doubleplayer

Although I can't play it until next week.

Thank you very much, Sivek!

DoublePLayer fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 18, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what goofy looking skeleton game?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Awesome! posted:

what goofy looking skeleton game?

This goofy-looking skeleton game.

Also, sent you a friend request DoublePLayer.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pierson posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I forgot Mercenaries 2 was on PC, think I might pick that up. RF: Armageddon I tried and yeah while I was hopeful at the start it turned into a weird cave simulator extremely fast. Just Cause 2 and Broforce I already have and finished. Anything else you can think of? Just gigantic havoc-simulators.

I hope you mean by :filez: because I highly suggest you reconsider wasting money on it.
It's such a broken and sloppy port and just some of the gameplay mechanics are loving :psyduck: like having to do a QTE every time you call in any form of fire support or hijack vehicles.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
It also sucks away all of the fun of discovering your targets from the first Mercenaries game. In the original you had to execute or capture 52 key targets but you didn't know where in the giant world they were so it was all about exploration and taking bases and learning their locations. In Mercenaries 2 they're just all on your map from the beginning so it's like welp. :effort:

Mercenaries 2 is a buggy, lovely, unfun pile of mess. Play Just Cause 2 or The Saboteur instead.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If you can't see the fun in dropping a hydrogen bomb on a guy because he shot you in the foot then I feel sorry for you.

At the very least everyone should watch this LP though: http://lparchive.org/Mercenaries-2/

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Using a Bunker Buster in the first Mercenaries was a real :pusheen: moment for me only surpassed by maybe the realization that any enemy grunt can and will steal your vehicles if you leave them unattended.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Ragequit posted:

The daily deal looks gorgeous, but I have no idea if it's any good. Can anyone vouch for it?

It really is very pretty, and the exploration will scratch that itch quite nicely (even if there is a bit too much backtracking), but when I played I found the "combat" to be really unfun. You have to rely almost entirely on environmental features to deal damage for you, like tricking a hawk to fly into thorns, but the flying is just janky enough, and the enemy AI just unpredictable enough, to make that frustratingly difficult and time consuming (and you really do have to do a fair amount of combat, what with the birds that will aggro from off-screen or steal your plot items and such).

I got it in a bundle, and don't regret the purchase, and I gather they've recently released a balance patch that I haven't tried, but the game as I played it I would not particularly recommend unless you're really into being a bird and/or exploration games.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

It's also important to mention that the Mercs 2 PC port is based on the PS2 version of the game, not the next-gen console version. So you don't get any of the next-gen graphics whatsoever. It is a Bad Port.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Did anyone play the skeleton game? What's it like?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Bad Rats is 24 cents this week

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Skeleton game moved to early access if you can't find it

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Crappy Jack posted:

It's also important to mention that the Mercs 2 PC port is based on the PS2 version of the game, not the next-gen console version. So you don't get any of the next-gen graphics whatsoever. It is a Bad Port.
You weren't kidding holy poo poo.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pierson posted:

You weren't kidding holy poo poo.

Yeah the reviews on amazon say it sucks balls.
Does red faction let you blow poo poo up hard core?
I love just cause 2 but for some reason I suck at the missions. I'm good with just cause 1... but I love the crap out of the artillery vehicle drop.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Red Faction: Guerrilla let's you loving destroy all kinds of poo poo. Armageddon...sorta kinda. Guerrilla is the better game by far.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Red Faction: Guerrilla let's you loving destroy all kinds of poo poo. Armageddon...sorta kinda. Guerrilla is the better game by far.

Not even sorta kinda, just "no". Guerrilla is the best. I'd say it's better than RF1 but they're much different games.

edit: Also I beat psychonauts this weekend and now I know why people love it. It great

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Chronology is part of this week's Indie Gala Monday Bundle and its a fun little puzzle-platformer. The art is nice, puzzles are intuitive enough and it's not a big commitment at only a couple of hours long. Definitely worth picking up the bundle at that price if you're even slightly interested in puzzle-platformers.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Yodzilla posted:

and extremely juvenile Reddit humor/women moaning for some unfathomable reason.

I don't remember any of that at all. They make some jokes about butts because they aren't taking themselves very seriously, but that's about it.

Ed: Unless you're talking about the checkpoint sound effects in which case I'm not sure what to tell you.

ESJ does have a really loving great soundtrack, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y45O73TtYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y45O73TtYA

Lance Streetman fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 18, 2014

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I too could do with less random chaff, more information on squeleton game?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I heard there was talk of a skeleton game?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

Esplain Lucy. I liked what I've played of Gemini 2, but the last time I did that was months and months ago, I was just waiting for it to be finished. What's up with it?

Nothing, but it started out with a completely different flight model and method of doing things, then it shifted towards something a lot better. Starpoint Gemini was effectively a Star Fleet Command-alike, but SGII went 3d all the way.

Give it another try; it's been really interesting to see them tie up the loose threads and refine the flight/fight model.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sivek posted:

Chronology is part of this week's Indie Gala Monday Bundle and its a fun little puzzle-platformer. The art is nice, puzzles are intuitive enough and it's not a big commitment at only a couple of hours long. Definitely worth picking up the bundle at that price if you're even slightly interested in puzzle-platformers.

Seconding this. Be warned however, that the last stage is a really big anticlimax.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Oh poo poo, preorder this bad boy and save 10% you guys!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310080/

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Russad posted:

Oh poo poo, preorder this bad boy and save 10% you guys!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310080/
This is legit a good game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

how me a frog posted:

I too could do with less random chaff, more information on squeleton game?

Re: Kel

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317950/

Edit: removed Snark, added title

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Can you cackle menacingly? That is what I look for in a Skeleton Simulator.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, just picked that up. Looks fun and is at a pretty good price.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I have 57 games on my wishlist because I never buy games at full price. So I do order them based on how much I "want" them (newer games up top usually) while the list allows me quickly see if any of them are on sale and for how cheap.

Hope that helps some people understand what a larger wishlist could be used for.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I just put anything I'm remotely interested in on my wishlist, so I can keep track of it during sales and also so people know what I'm interested in. Similarly, I look at other people's wishlists to get an idea of what to gift them. That's what a wishlist is for, is it not?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i have 200+ games on my wishlist because i want you guys to buy them for me.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I just started playing the skeleton game and it's certainly as low-budget and bare-bones as it appears. Only graphic option is resolution and the camera feels way too zoomed in. Also a bunch of lame jokes but the first thing I come across that I can interact with provides me with this beauty.

I'm not even up to kicking the skeleton of a dead villager.

Next person I meet is much more kickable.

I'm probably going to try to kick everything I can.

Well, that didn't work out like I hoped. He shrunk me when I tried to intimidate him. There's also a giant spider next to him which I'll try to kick next. Still not sure if this game is awful or not though.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 19, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This game is for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Here's what I remember about Fable:

I put the disc in and started the game. Four hours later I was the strongest person in the entire world of Fable. I went on to beat the game, but didn't even bother with whatever the expansion content was. I'd had enough Fable.

• Locked thread