Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hey all. Sorry for the off topic question but has anyone here played Armored Core 1. It's like 2 bucks on sale right now and I'm wondering if it's an unplayable nightmare because it's a PSX from game. Cheers,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mysterious loyall X posted:

Gpod poise is stupid

actually, it's not

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got NK down to a quarter of his health bar, and it finally feels like i've figured out the fight even if there's very little room for error.

In Training posted:

Hey all. Sorry for the off topic question but has anyone here played Armored Core 1. It's like 2 bucks on sale right now and I'm wondering if it's an unplayable nightmare because it's a PSX from game. Cheers,

i haven't played it in years, but i really liked it as a kid.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

ip layed it like 15 years ago nd liked it a lot but the recent ones arent that much more nd are exponentially better. peace upon you

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

actually, it's not

It is.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

I was proctoring a 4 hour test at work and got bored so I started reading the games thread and they spent like a billion pages complaining about how poise doesnt do anything and how dark souls 2 is better than 3 and I honestly dont know how goons dress themselves in the morning

I'm glad I wasn't there for the "Dark Souls 2 is better than 3" part.

I'm bad at not engaging

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
a rat shouldn't be able to chew through havel's armor effortless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

they're like, really really big rats. I'd poo poo my pants if I saw a rat that big

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

doing a caster+dex run and heavy soul arrows feel way more effective at 20 int than maxed great lightning spears did for my fth character. all the dual and dex weapons are fun and cool as hell, usually make weapon arts worth it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Resoectfully. I never want to see another Havelfag again.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

they're like, really really big rats. I'd poo poo my pants if I saw a rat that big

fromsoft rats defy human cognition

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

doing a caster+dex run and heavy soul arrows feel way more effective at 20 int than maxed great lightning spears did for my fth character. all the dual and dex weapons are fun and cool as hell, usually make weapon arts worth it

Lightning spears seem like they're only good if you cast them in melee, because there's a secondary lightning bolt that hits right on top of the caster that does more damage than the spear and both can hit at the same time if you're point-blank. Probably why lightning spear spells have a ton of hyperarmor on them, it's a hell of a trade to slam someone with a Sunlight Spear.

But if you were already doing that and they're still weaker than 20 Int heavy soul arrows then drat, non-Sunlight Spear lightning miracles are worse than I thought

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
its pretty clear that they intend for faith and miracles to be mainly for melee support and healing which makes sense because before there was like no difference between lightning spells and normal magic arrows really

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Resoectfully. I never want to see another Havelfag again.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It's bad to be able to tank everything but it's bad to not be able to tank anything.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

heh, only in new york

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

i started with 4, which is the first miyazaki one. a lot of ppl like the ps2 games though

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Miracles are essentially the "badass" school of magic. whereas sorcery might be considered "cowardly" or otherwise indicate lack of moral character.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

It's bad to be able to tank everything but it's bad to not be able to tank anything.

U can block lots of stuff with a shield. :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Miracles are essentially the "badass" school of magic. whereas sorcery might be considered "cowardly" or otherwise indicate lack of moral character.

Le Gentlemanly Scholar: I'll use Heal to support my comrades in battle against the evil hordes of the Lords of Cinder.

Wizardfag: MAGIC MISSILE! MAGIC MISSILE! MAGIC MISSILE!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Le Gentlemanly Scholar: I'll use Heal to support my comrades in battle against the evil hordes of the Lords of Cinder.

This.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The Scholar of the First Win

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
First time I fought that katana guy I thought his weapon was slicing the poo poo outta of me cause I was taking tons of damage but not staggering

Forgot about poise after bloodborne

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

This is an extremely powerful interview if anyone didn't see it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fiction posted:

This is an extremely powerful interview if anyone didn't see it

drat that's a good interview and now I'm hyped for three DLCs

Cool stuff about the Unkindled too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
late game spoiler about how much i've got left:

are the princes the final battle in the game, or is there more?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

sector_corrector posted:

There's still more after that that you have to beat to complete the game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

are the princes the final battle in the game, or is there more?

There is for sure one more boss, and depending on whether you have been to Archdragon Peak or Untended Graves there may be a few zones you have not been to yet

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
man i really love the claymore

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

man i really love the claymore

does anyone know of a way to get that dragon to kindly vacate without just shooting arrows at it until it flies away ?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

do you even get anything for doing that? Does teh dragon go anywhere or anything? You can collect all the junk on that wee bit inbetween fire breaths

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Flash Sweat should work there too I think

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

do you even get anything for doing that? Does teh dragon go anywhere or anything? You can collect all the junk on that wee bit inbetween fire breaths

you get a large titanite shard. that combined with a crow trade can be handy for early game if you have the patience

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

not much. but i wanna fight it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just found and killed my boy Havel. Then I killed The Nameless King's bird dragon and then died to the solo fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i just rolled through the fire and took a ton of damage and picked it up and died

• Locked thread