Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
mister bibs: *shits pants really hard and rolls around in it*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Do you guys think that Mr. Bibs judges the quality of genocides by the number of people that died?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CPL593H posted:

Do you guys think that Mr. Bibs judges the quality of genocides by the number of people that died?

No, by how much profit the perpetrators make from the theft of the belongings and sale of products made from the corpses.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FishBulb posted:

No, by how much profit the perpetrators make from the theft of the belongings and sale of products made from the corpses.

No, by how much media attention they garner.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
and then the innocent jewish children were filed into a fun waterslide that dumped them into a pool of zyklon b

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CPL593H posted:

Rough stuff

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Mister Bibs should be stuffed in a tire and rolled downhill into traffic tho so who cares

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MisterBibs posted:

:shrug: I suppose that's the basis of the disagreement. By hook or by crook, I want people to be motivated to be at such things. If you're getting people there via a lovely Pokemon game or water showers to make it more tolerable to visit, or something else entirely that'll upset some people, I don't care. Our collective society is good at getting people to want poo poo they don't really need; any time or way we use that for something as important as remembering the holocaust is a damned fine trade-off.

E, vvv that's insane. Public place headphone policy is always one-ear-off.

you dont know any poo poo about anything about museums or museum design or how museum visitors work, youf ucking idiot, loving gently caress off

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
This chat thread has taken a weird turn once again.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Actually this turn is very normal for this thread

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Love the thread A+

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Alhazred posted:

Oh, that's a bad example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Honor_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

People that defend TNG should be forced to watch this on repeat, Ludovico style.

There is no death, there is only Mr. Bibs.

Anyway, that episode was on TV the other day, and I was really sad they cut out that line.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
These glimpses into Mister Bibs' terrible absurd worldview and the immediate ganging up on him for it are my favorite parts of this thread. Never change, mr. bibs.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean the dogpiling probably just emboldens him that he's so right and virtuous but who cares it's funny.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Budgie Jumping posted:

These glimpses into Mister Bibs' terrible absurd worldview and the immediate ganging up on him for it are my favorite parts of this thread. Never change, mr. bibs.

Yep

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Aw man the only time Silence is showing near me is 10:30 pm. Laaaaaaame.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

gently caress Whitey posted:

I don't think you know what those words actually mean. Nobody is conceding that you're right, they're just giving up on arguing with you because you're a stupid rear end in a top hat who says stupid poo poo that you can't argue with because it exists in a parallel dimension of pure stupidity

They gave up arguing with me because they lacked any decent counter-argument. We all know kids going to museums and memorials is better than kids not going, and that there's a huge difference between letting young people take selfies at those places compared to strip clubs. We all know that letting kids take pictures of themselves is a super-trivial price to pay.

It's far less about what I said than the fact that I said it. I get it.

Like I said, gently caress the "Jumping on Dead Jews" guy, but the rest are harmless.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

you dont know any poo poo about anything about museums or museum design or how museum visitors work, youf ucking idiot, loving gently caress off

I once visit a museum with the kids from the kindergarten when I suddenly and without warning stumbled across a display of fetuses in formaldehyde. I took a pretty quick u-turn and the kids never noticed it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

They gave up arguing with me because they lacked any decent counter-argument. We all know kids going to museums and memorials is better than kids not going, and that there's a huge difference between letting young people take selfies at those places compared to strip clubs. We all know that letting kids take pictures of themselves is a super-trivial price to pay.

Like I said, gently caress the "Jumping on Dead Jews" guy, but the rest are harmless.

shut up idiot

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Budgie Jumping posted:

I can't even get on him too hard for it because it's such a bizarre philosophy. I want to understand. MisterBibs in Being There.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
When you guys talk about Dark Archie are you talking about the show Riverdale? Because thats all I can find and it doesnt seem to be on Netflix at all but im bout to fire up an episode on Amazon.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

When you guys talk about Dark Archie are you talking about the show Riverdale? Because thats all I can find and it doesnt seem to be on Netflix at all but im bout to fire up an episode on Amazon.
Yes.

The pilot was good, watch it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

I actually work with kids and you are completely wrong

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

MisterBibs posted:

They gave up arguing with me because they lacked any decent counter-argument.

No, they gave up arguing because you're such a stupid motherfucker that they may as well be talking to a brick wall

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

I didn't stop arguing because if that poo poo. I stopped arguing because I wanted to stop having a conversation with the type of fuckwit that needs it explained why it might be not appropriate to catch pokemon in a site memorializing one of the single most acts every committed. Like, I don't need to talk to people that don't have the basic ideas of anything to the degree where they need it pointed out why making the Holocaust fun is horrific on multiple levels. Like I could try to explain this to you but that would mean I need to respect you like I would an actual person and anyone that needs this explained to them clearly isn't that. gently caress you and your awful gimmick.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Yeah that's it it's real good

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can't even get on him too hard for it because it's such a bizarre philosophy. I want to understand. MisterBibs in Being There.

I feel like understanding Bibs is like reading the necromicon. If you weren't insane to start you're going to be driven mad by it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Split owns by the way. OWNS

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Split does own. I said it when it first came out, it was a B+ movie whose last scene made it a solid A.

Alhazred posted:

I actually work with kids and you are completely wrong

So do I. Recently got a bonus for - wait for it - making events/field trips more exciting for the kids.

No, they gave up arguing because you're such a stupid motherfucker that they may as well be talking to a brick wall

So you agree that it's the poor counter-argument thing I mentioned earlier? If your arguments don't come correct and bounce off, might consider better arguments?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

More than The Visit though?? I think... not quite

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

It's really good and may be my second favourite Shyamalan after Signs.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That.....unsettling.

MisterBibs posted:

So you agree that it's the poor counter-argument thing I mentioned earlier? If your arguments don't come correct and bounce off, might consider better arguments?
I made this. I made this for you:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 29, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Split does own. I said it when it first came out, it was a B+ movie whose last scene made it a solid A.

So do I. Recently got a bonus for - wait for it - making events/field trips more exciting for the kids.

lmao

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jenny Angel posted:

I think Split edges it out because the twist recontectualizes the genre the film is in so suddenly that you have to give it props. The Visit is more, for lack of a better term, generic in that respect.

E, don't think I was very clear, Split's twist of he's actually kinda a super powered villain and not just a dude who hasn't died yet from his wounds is more holy-poo poo than oh, those aren't the grandparents, just crazy folks. gently caress, I need to watch The Visit again.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 29, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

I prefer The Visit as well, but boy, that James McAvoy, huh?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

We all know kids going to museums and memorials is better than kids not going, and that there's a huge difference between letting young people take selfies at those places compared to strip clubs.
Wait, what? Are those the only options for children in your area?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

MisterBibs posted:

No, if I agreed with you, I would have said that you were right. People not making you understand is not a failing on their part. You're loving stupid.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
I know this forum has a rule against telling people to kill themselves but Bibs isn't a person so I don't think that should apply, anyone second the motion?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I know this forum has a rule against telling people to kill themselves but Bibs isn't a person so I don't think that should apply, anyone second the motion?

No dude.

• Locked thread