Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HamFam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

is this a thing in other countries? are there loyal labour voters who hate may but think thatcher was a moderate who reached across the aisle and put country over party?

"well, Gloria Arroyo might have been a corrupt technocrat that stole the 2004 elections, packed the courts with conservatives, pardoned the President that was ousted and jailed for plunder, and stole millions in pork, but at least she's not a murdering psychopath like Duterte"

I've heard this said, but perhaps in not as many words.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/star_observer/status/887863453343404032

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

The kind of cold take that I like

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pooky posted:

The kind of cold take that I like

I want to break his neck and then put him in a chair and then leave him to die.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet at the same time he's militantly against abortion

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

is this a thing in other countries? are there loyal labour voters who hate may but think thatcher was a moderate who reached across the aisle and put country over party?

The sort of person who might be a thatcherite scumbag helpfully has the Lib Dems to go be raw sewage in

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/The_Daly_Rant/status/996627089536241664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

nah
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/HateClubForMen/status/996504879802789890?s=09
https://twitter.com/HateClubForMen/status/996551772167725057?s=09

very normal person

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie hu Akbar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's free to leave at any time lol

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/996725298988290048

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/996719164948668416?s=19

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

i wonder if there were thinkpieces in communist russia saying "you claim to be a capitalist yet you eat government supplied grain..."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

goddamn this is excruciating

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's persistently disastrous in every cabinet position he's been in. He tried to ban books in prisons while justice minister only to have it struck down in court.

Anyway the eastern main line has changed ownership repeatedly because its just not profitable and he's been forced to nationalise it lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

who theh ell still has that line in 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's currently giving evidence to MP's about the failure of privatization of the train line

quote:

Grayling says if you take the rail service into public control, and starve it of capital, passengers will be worse off.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

yowza

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah, they're called Blairites.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

he's persistently disastrous in every cabinet position he's been in. He tried to ban books in prisons while justice minister only to have it struck down in court.

Anyway the eastern main line has changed ownership repeatedly because its just not profitable and he's been forced to nationalise it lmao

Forced to nationalise it again, you mean

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

...we'd prefer bullets.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I’ve become Stalinist now

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

quote:

ISRAEL AND Hamas have fought three wars in the Gaza Strip over the past decade, and though it may not look like the others, a fourth one is now underway. Having tried and failed to defeat Israel with rockets and armed cross-border attacks, Hamas this spring deployed a new strategy: assembling thousands of nominal civilians to march on and attempt to breach the border fence, in the calculation that many would be killed. The result would be a moral and political defeat for Israel — and perhaps some relief for a regime that is literally besieged from all sides. 

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats from the telegraph and i'm sure someone writing an article in that paper knows all about the gig economy. its owned by a pair of billionaires who own basically all the business on the island of sark. sark had a weird feudal system that they successfully convinced the island to get rid of for elections then promptly pulled all their business out when their candidate didn't win

also

https://twitter.com/AnnabelDenham1/status/993899368842481665

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

thats from the telegraph and i'm sure someone writing an article in that paper knows all about the gig economy. its owned by a pair of billionaires who own basically all the business on the island of sark. sark had a weird feudal system that they successfully convinced the island to get rid of for elections then promptly pulled all their business out when their candidate didn't win

also

https://twitter.com/AnnabelDenham1/status/993899368842481665

for every dangerous co-option of liberal rhetoric by right wingers like that nazis must be shielded from criticism because of free speech theres some really sloppy and lol-worthy attempt at that like "body positivity means privatize the NHS"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its important to note that the current government have made child poverty so bad that schools are frequently buying clothes and food for kids and they're not growing properly due to malnourishment

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

its important to note that the current government have made child poverty so bad that schools are frequently buying clothes and food for kids and they're not growing properly due to malnourishment

poo poo, you might as well move to the US. We've been at that for a while now.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

wow the exact same thing is happening in america but it's not schools it's vastly underpaid teachers paying out of pocket

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

poo poo, you might as well move to the US. We've been at that for a while now.

When the West Virginia teachers' strike was starting up, our local DSA asked what they'd need for strike support. The response was that we should donate to local food banks because so many of the students couldn't get enough to eat without free school lunches, which they couldn't get since there was no school.

This also happens nation wide every single summer :911:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

stalin was like jigsaw the gulags were non-rube goldberg saw style punishments

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

"the rats really have embraced the few crumbs i drop on the floor"

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Percelus posted:

"the rats really have embraced the few crumbs i drop on the floor"

Who Moved My Cheese? was propaganda for the workers to get them to accept whatever they are given, and that article is propaganda for the managers that the first propaganda is totally working.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Goon Danton posted:

Who Moved My Cheese? was propaganda for the workers to get them to accept whatever they are given, and that article is propaganda for the managers that the first propaganda is totally working.

my sister loved that book or whatever it was and told me all about it, she also loved mike rowe so she is a glutton for punishment despite living below the poverty line all her adult life

still better than my randbot sister who is a rich fygm ice bitch and is plotting to put my mom in a home and sell her house now she has the beginning symptoms of dementia

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Percelus posted:

stalin was like jigsaw the gulags were non-rube goldberg saw style punishments

"Would you like to play a game? Inside that rock is a key which will unlock your shackles. You must break down the rock into gravel in order to retrieve that key. Then you will wake up and do it again every day for 5 years until you've atoned for counterrevolutionary activity through labor. Only then will you win your freedom."

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Would you like to play a game? Inside that rock is a key which will unlock your shackles. You must break down the rock into gravel in order to retrieve that key. Then you will wake up and do it again every day for 5 years until you've atoned for counterrevolutionary activity through labor. Only then will you win your freedom."

arbeit macht frei?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that was the nickname we gave a diner called the Hamilton Family Diner where i went to college. it works for drunk stupid college kids, not adults

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/si_mlb/status/996942396964433920

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Already deleted. What was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Getright downlo posted:

Already deleted. What was it?

the Sports Illustrated article about the Oregon State pitcher with a molestation conviction