Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what even is it anyway? video game forums but for liberals?

well, no, they used to get a lot of scoops and developers would post there, but their off topic forum is insanely democrat loyalist liberal leaning, it’s like marching into a lion’s pit of people who will lose their poo poo if you challenge the idea that Obama’s not the emperor god-king of mankind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Shear Modulus posted:

im 50/50 on whether "schedule conflict" is the polite way the women's march people are saying they couldn't afford her speaking fee like it often is with celebs

this is even more :discourse:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

how many of these rando accounts stirring up anti-bernie pro-hillary poo poo loving a year affer hillary's retirement from politics are indistinguishable from paid or otherwise astroturfed trolls

i mean based on precedent this year i would extremely not be surprised if a lot of them were some botnet poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jesus u fuckin nebbishes i was makin a joke about an invite-only videogames forum and you had to go and make it lame and political

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
admitting you visit any other site other than somethingawful dot com is forums treason

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

paranoid randroid posted:

jesus u fuckin nebbishes i was makin a joke about an invite-only videogames forum and you had to go and make it lame and political

wait its invite only too? lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

NeoGAF is invite-only? LMFAO

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

well, no, they used to get a lot of scoops and developers would post there, but their off topic forum is insanely democrat loyalist liberal leaning, it’s like marching into a lion’s pit of people who will lose their poo poo if you challenge the idea that Obama’s not the emperor god-king of mankind

just wait until you see what obama's got planned with all the political capital he's saved up!!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
itt we interrogate bad puns for ideological signifiers

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Every single time I open twitter I'm surprised how loving stupid people are. Every. Single. Time. You'd think I'd learn by now, but no.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait its invite only too? lmao

or you have to like apply to get in or some dumb garbage

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

just wait until you see what obama's got planned with all the political capital he's saved up!!!

love to pull the giant slot machine handle on the political capital machine and get

gently caress

YOU

GOT

MINE

drat, not agaaaaaiiiinnn!!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

obama was smart to save up his political capital in case he needed it later unlike the foolish bernie who wasted it making medicare for all a mainstream position and now cant do anything else for the rest of his term

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

admitting you visit any other site other than somethingawful dot com is forums treason

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

poo poo, i only go to forums dot somethingawful dot com

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

poo poo, i only go to forums dot somethingawful dot com

a commissar will be along to collect you shortly

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if any yall want a neogaf invite, i hold alot of sway there

dark_vegettoX99, you may have heard of me

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ShutteredIn posted:

Hil's fan club is as loving broke brained as Trump https://twitter.com/amandamarcotte/status/918632420227809280

Freud might have had a point.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

didnt marcotte use to have a checkmark

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

the only way you'll get liberals to march is by having mega #brands funding every part of their movement

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

This entire thing is the greatest proof of something I've said for a long time - outrage & shame politics is just a way to enforce your own ideology on others, under the disguise of the judgement of society. You invent some tenuous psuedo-intellectual reasoning for why the other person should feel guilty, then harass them until they submit. Its a shameless domineering attitude masquarding as 'enlightenment'.

SJW was invented to describe this tactic perfectly.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Sharia law gets one thing right its that the banking industry is fuuuuuucked up

Pro-tip religion has gotten nothing right.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

thats a lil too spicy for the suck zone, you'll give it a tummy ache

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

These fuckers are driving me toward the brink. I need to stop reading this poo poo.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Pro-tip religion has gotten nothing right.

Are you saying we're NOT in the biblical end of times right now?

Bring on loving Ragnarok!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The site was famous for scoops, epic gifs, and quality members, but has since turn to poo poo in every aspect. I've never seen so many bad gaming opinions.

Taintrunner posted:

The gaming side is just as bad. Try calling out the Games as Service model for example and you'll be greeted by corporate ballwashers.

As for the political side, it used to have somewhat decent chat until they literally banned anyone who strayed from the liberal opinion.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 06:03 on Oct 13, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Nastier Nate posted:

Are you saying we're NOT in the biblical end of times right now?

Bring on loving Ragnarok!

Oops, you just proved me wrong. The Nordic belief system was correct, nothing matters, ragnorak is inevitable.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

if any yall want a neogaf invite, i hold alot of sway there

dark_vegettoX99, you may have heard of me

DNC superdelegate dark_vegettoX99 :smugbert:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

cher

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/mrsmaris/status/918596576666378240

"slap in the face" is giving me some WoW class nerf flashbacks

shock bus time

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's primarily a game forum but also has a very popular off-topic section. During the late 2000s and early 2010s there was a bit of a rivalry between Neogaf and Something Awful to be the dominate message board site. Reddit won, but both sites are still chugging, though have fallen far from their glory days. Though, Neogaf did much of it by chocking itself.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i wont accept anything less than the goddess athena herself as keynote speaker

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

i wont accept anything less than the goddess athena herself as keynote speaker

Athena sprang fully formed from the mind of a MAN.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The politician with the highest approval rating among women is bernie sanders so uninviting him is going against the preferences of women

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

athena broke thru the glass ceiling, and also a skull, to become the first female war deity

how dare you disparage such an inspiring woman

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/918708920759214080

The Women's March rally is from October 27-29 in Detroit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wondering if this is connected to Hillary's take on the women's march being 'Why weren't you this excited for MEEEEE?!'

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/918708920759214080

The Women's March rally is from October 27-29 in Detroit.

i look forward to hilary being pressured into going to the thing, then giving them a bill later and they have to shut down from bankruptcy before next year

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get that money, Hillary

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol sometimes whenever some new "women/black people/lgbtq hate bernie!!!" thing comes up on twitter i remember to go look at the lateat one of this poll where they for some reason still ask peoples' approval/disapproval of hillary and bernie and it always rules

http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/HHP-September-Wave_Topline-Memo_Custom-Banners_Registered-Voters.pdf

bernie is the most approved politician of the ones they asked about among these groups:
women
18-34
35-49
hispanics
black or african american
democrats
independents
liberals
moderates
clinton voters
people who voted 3rd party
college graduates