Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I like that bot. It seems friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's like a greeter for the website :3:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

feedmyleg posted:

Jeff Goldblum's impassioned speech about technolgoy in Jurassic Park resonates more and more as I get older
Spare no expense!

$3,500

That's enough for at least a decent beater of a used car, or a badass desktop setup that'd be way more engaging and have more things to do with it. Or up to three and a half of the new M2 architecture macbooks

stringless has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Jun 7, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Entorwellian posted:

I took an attention psychology course in university as an undergrad and the professor told us about the baseball legend Dock Ellis, who dropped lsd and threw a no hitter game. I decided to drop acid an hour before the final exam in that course to emulate the same success and ended up with a 100% score.

Edit: the moment I saw the power cord tethered to the Apple VR goggles I knew it was going to be dogshit.

i knew someone who did this but for a good golf game. i did this once for some wow dungeons and it was fun but it was a disaster otherwise. definitely an outdoor drug

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

i knew someone who did this but for a good golf game. i did this once for some wow dungeons and it was fun but it was a disaster otherwise. definitely an outdoor drug
Oh it "works". Once won a ranked match of Rocket League duos 6-2 after my teammate dropped when the first point of the match was against us

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FFT posted:

Spare no expense!

$3,500

That's enough for at least a decent beater of a used car

Circa 2018 maybe

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

FFT posted:

Oh it "works". Once won a ranked match of Rocket League duos 6-2 after my teammate dropped when the first point of the match was against us

outdoor drug for me i guess

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

fair

an okay beater

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I know people who also wander around and go outside while tripping

How hard is it to just stay in a dark room and look at some dim bulbs and listen to jazz

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shageletic posted:

I know people who also wander around and go outside while tripping

How hard is it to just stay in a dark room and look at some dim bulbs and listen to jazz

I dont know if youve ever done lsd but its actually very hard to refrain from going outside when on it lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Done it twice.

Indoors.

Like an adult!

And a smoke break outside lol

It was during nye and there were fireworks and I was like welp that's enough stimulation time for more darkened tunes

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
But outsides like where all the interesting stuff to look at is!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Shageletic posted:

Done it twice.

Indoors.

Like an adult!

And a smoke break outside lol

It was during nye and there were fireworks and I was like welp that's enough stimulation time for more darkened tunes

this means u aint got a soul

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Cuttlefush posted:

i didnt do video games on lsd but i did a bloodborne challenge run on shrooms once and it loving sucked

the challenge was the shrooms im not crazy enough to add additional handicaps to that

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

doing acid without staring at ants. smh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thing is about mind altering substances is that they make it very difficult to stick to a plan or control your impulses.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thing is about mind altering substances is that they make it very difficult to stick to a plan or control your impulses.

but if you spend decades training a machine learning algorithm ahead of time to predict what impulses your brain is going to have.... (the model immediately throws an exception and predicts you're going to spend 278 of the next 24 hours playing KSP without eating or even breathing in the meantime, and the algorithm is so poisoned by gamers that regardless of what you're into the basilisk demands installation of a mod to give :jeb: big floppy boobs)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
One of the funnest parts of doing psychedelics is going outside and looking up at the night sky and then having an extensional crisis when you realize how BIG everything is and how tiny and insignificant you are.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Desert Bus posted:

One of the funnest parts of doing psychedelics is going outside and looking up at the night sky and then having an extensional crisis when you realize how BIG everything is and how tiny and insignificant you are.

lmao if you needed drugs for this.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
finding new uses for the power of AI

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Dixon Chisholm posted:

lmao if you needed to go outside for this. i can do the same thing starting at a wall

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

Is that meant to make sense or is that meant to be complete garbage? I literally couldn't even begin to guess what's supposed to be happening here.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

uber_stoat posted:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

dr_rat posted:

But outsides like where all the interesting stuff to look at is!

Many, many years ago, long before I ever did any cool drugs, I read a goons description of what acid is like, and it was something like "lsd: go outside and look at flower. Isn't that crazy??? Now go look at a tree. WOAH!!"
I wish I could remember who wrote it because it's so perfect.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smells like screen spirit

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Desert Bus posted:

lol as if you can see any stars on the East Coast

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Desert Bus posted:

If a single prion can kill a man, then there's no reason a man can't kill the universe itself. Don't let the big balls of plasma scare you, i bet we can blow them all up if we try

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

acid outdoors is gazing awe-inspiringly at trees and clouds and pondering the universe

acid indoors is trying to figure out how to make the maddeningly complicated technology just play some drat music, why are there so many wires and logins in my life

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just smh if you don't exclusively do acid while camping or just in the great outdoors

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Just smh if you don't exclusively do acid while camping or just in the great outdoors

If you've never eaten a few hits and taken a long bath in the dark with some loud music I feel bad for you.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

christmas boots posted:

If a single prion can kill a man, then there's no reason a man can't kill the universe itself. Don't let the big balls of plasma scare you, i bet we can blow them all up if we try

:hmmyes:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

TACD posted:

acid outdoors is gazing awe-inspiringly at trees and clouds and pondering the universe

acid indoors is trying to figure out how to make the maddeningly complicated technology just play some drat music, why are there so many wires and logins in my life

I spent at least 20 minutes changing the batteries on a drat xbox controller while tripping. Theres not a whole lot of room for error there, but I found it

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Set your alarm clock before you start tripping.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Get in a high speed police chase before you start tripping.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

dr_rat posted:

Get in a high speed police chase before you start tripping.

See noted documentary Supertroopers for preferred methodology

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Dixon Chisholm posted:

No poo poo, just get a PhD and wreck both your sense of self and your lifetime earnings.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

tokin opposition posted:

lmao if you needed to go outside for this. i can do the same thing starting at a wall

Inorite gently caress those blankbrains

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

christmas boots posted:

I like where you're goin' with this but your differences are wrong by orders of magnitude. Many orders of magnitude.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Rude dude with the wrong magnitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

christmas boots posted:

Some strong Carl Panzram vibes there. Don't go choking nobody