Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

AlmightyBob posted:

Chris Cantwell is being charged with 3 felonies in a 3 strikes state
If you're implying that this means he'll suffer the "third strike" penalties, that's not how it works. It's past convictions, not simultaneous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sound logic.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

To be clear, the locked bracelet separates from the alarm so you can run away. You just have to find a firefighter afterward to unlock it.

Still a terrible idea, obviously.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92sXx-s-qkg
You can't yell wolf in a crowded theater

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The sunscreen in the eyes thing is actually a pretty good way to stop people staring at the eclipse.

When you're balled up on the ground squeezing your eyes shut in pain, it's pretty hard to stare up at the sky.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

by that logic so is pepperspray :p

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

They had this at my middle school

Trigonometry tests worried a lot of us

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

syscall girl posted:

They had this at my middle school

They wish they had this at my middle school.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I wish we had fire alarms at my middle school

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
You guys had middle schools?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
we don't even have multi-poster jokes where i'm from

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Weatherman posted:

You guys had middle schools?

The bomb threats were funny until they weren't anymore.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

KingSlime posted:

we don't even have multi-poster jokes where i'm from

You got jokes? Lucky bastard.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, remember how Mnuchin's wife flipped out on some lady for being poor and being mad that she was flaunting her fancy poo poo?

http://time.com/4915080/watchdog-steven-mnuchin-louise-linton-trip-eclipse/

I wonder if they would even have noticed if she hadn't blown up on social media!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So here's some dumb nerd video game poo poo;
So semi-famous youtube people who made a mild career out of being obnoxious trolls in popular multiplayer game Overwatch are getting banned. For a while there's been this thing where people would just throw matches, encourage their fans to throw matches and generally just poo poo up the game's already dire competitive scene and Blizzard's finally started to ban people for it by giving them IP/Hardware bans so even if they make new accounts, they get banned after a few games anyway.

So here's a video of a guy crying that he gets banned every time he makes a new overwatch account he is apparently some kind of big name streamer or something? I don't know, but his fans have been pitching fits on a bunch of overwatch related sites lately claiming he's being banned for no reason, he's a good guy and did nothing to get banned! Keep in mind that every time he wants to make a new account he has to drop like forty bucks on the game I think? So he's after spending a couple hundred just to die on this stupid hill over whether or not encouraging his entire fanbase to ruin the competitive game mode was against the rules.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/MbWoRWI.gifv

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm definitely not going to watch that video but lol @ the title

quote:

i'm being harassed by a company worth billions

I mean, repeatedly attemping to interact with a person/company despite them making it clear they they don't want you to is harrassment. He's just got it backwards.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
https://twitter.com/Yoojin_Cho/status/900725436556161024

The slippery slope of the tongue.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

And the court dismissed his suit because he had no standing to sue

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Probably the first time in his life he attempted to say it correctly.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

The security guy seems to move through the air so slowly...

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Website GeekNation decides to open a publishing arm and attempts to get their first book, a YA novel, onto the NYT bestseller list by buying up all the copies.

It goes about as well as you'd expect.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

Hey, remember how Mnuchin's wife flipped out on some lady for being poor and being mad that she was flaunting her fancy poo poo?

http://time.com/4915080/watchdog-steven-mnuchin-louise-linton-trip-eclipse/

I wonder if they would even have noticed if she hadn't blown up on social media!

Awesome.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Website GeekNation decides to open a publishing arm and attempts to get their first book, a YA novel, onto the NYT bestseller list by buying up all the copies.

Hey, it worked for decades with the Scientologists and Dianetics.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

So, they set up a fake publishing company to sell a glorified movie script to themselves 18,500 times so they can claim they’re the “#1 NYT bestseller” to sell the script to some producer, and now the only evidence they have of this are a bunch of news articles saying exactly that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Blues Traveler weighing in to poo poo on the "author" is the icing on the cake.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
This time hindsight isn't 20/20

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

This is some seriously Scooby Doo Villain Plot poo poo in regards to it's complexity, chance of getting noticed, and odds of working.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This is some seriously Scooby Doo Villain Plot poo poo in regards to it's complexity, chance of getting noticed, and odds of working.

I think my favorite part is the implication that there don't seem to be any physical copies of the book for sale at all.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

This book caper rules

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I think my favorite part is the implication that there don't seem to be any physical copies of the book for sale at all.

And I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for your meddling tweets!!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Bookcoin is high-value, fully anonymous, untraceable, the egalitarian currency of the future

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/GyIJfCG.gifv

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The wine bottles just lying around make this really special.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

quote:

When a group of far-right activists come to San Francisco to hold a rally this Saturday, they will be met by peace activists offering them flowers to wear in their hair.

Also, dog poo poo. Lots and lots of dog poo poo.

Hundreds of San Franciscans plan to prepare Crissy Field, the picturesque beach in the shadow of the Golden Gate Bridge where rightwing protest group Patriot Prayer will gather, with a generous carpeting of excrement.

“I just had this image of alt-right people stomping around in the poop,” Tuffy Tuffington said of the epiphany he had while walking Bob and Chuck, his two Patterdale terriers, and trying to think of the best way to respond to rightwing extremists in the wake of Charlottesville. “It seemed like a little bit of civil disobedience where we didn’t have to engage with them face to face.”

Tuffington, a 45-year-old artist and designer, created a Facebook event page based on the concept, and the dog owners of San Francisco responded in droves. Many have declared their intention to stockpile their shitpiles for days in advance, then deliver them in bags for the site. (The group is also planning to reconvene on Sunday to “clean up the mess and hug each other”.)

I really hope this goes off as planned!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/24/san-francisco-dog-poo-protest-patriot-prayer-rally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://m.imgur.com/r/gifs/S8ArTFo