Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

seems like there is a p big difference between using ai to "fill in the blanks" and remaster an already recorded low fidelity song and using ai to replicate someones voice and create a completely new song that the article is conflating a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lol this sucks
Just kinda sounds like the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKJcoSB8YU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Pitch posted:

(His version had the opposite ending, the AI drone concludes that its operators are enemy combatants for repeatedly ordering strikes on civilian targets.)

weird for watts to post a non-doomer story

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doctors Remove Woman’s Brain Implant Against Her Will

quote:

A woman whose epilepsy was greatly improved by an experimental brain implant was devastated when, just two years after getting it, she was forced to have it removed due to the company that made it going bankrupt.

As the MIT Technology Review reports, an Australian woman named Rita Leggett who received an experimental seizure-tracking brain-computer interface (BCI) implant from the now-defunct company Neuravista in 2010 has become a stark example not only of the ways neurotech can help people, but also of the trauma of losing access to them when experiments end or companies go under.
https://futurism.com/neoscope/brain-implant-removed-consent

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Schmoe Cwead posted:

seems like there is a p big difference between using ai to "fill in the blanks" and remaster an already recorded low fidelity song and using ai to replicate someones voice and create a completely new song that the article is conflating a bit

yeah i don't think this "final" beatles song is something unforgivable, it's literally using technology to bring to life something lennon had intended to work on with mccartney. they'd've probably tried before but george harrison was against it.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ekuNNN posted:

Doctors Remove Woman’s Brain Implant Against Her Will

https://futurism.com/neoscope/brain-implant-removed-consent

Horror dystopia

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's not terribly different from the recent Grey Daze/Linkin Park stuff that's come out over the last couple of years.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

FFT posted:

It's not terribly different from the recent Grey Daze/Linkin Park stuff that's come out over the last couple of years.

Linkin Park the band?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

FFT posted:

:confused:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I think that’s a response to the Beatles thing, not the brain implant thing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Arivia posted:

Oh haha, that makes sense.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Gee I wonder why

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hybridnoisebloom posted:

read the words again slowly this time

yea, still basically gibberish

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
what part is hard to understand

baby thiel rizzed up the ancaps. they're the new praxis kings

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

people go to Scene Parties (look at the bands listed, nobody knows who that is), they are organized by the orgs Praxis and Mandate

those orgs try to recruit party goers into their cult, which is a Peter Thiel joint

thats it

hybridnoisebloom
Nov 16, 2021

Goa Tse-tung posted:

people go to Scene Parties (look at the bands listed, nobody knows who that is), they are organized by the orgs Praxis and Mandate

those orgs try to recruit party goers into their cult, which is a Peter Thiel joint

thats it

yea sorry i was so fliippant before, basically the gist is that theres a group (collective? company?) thats throwing shows in new york in part to recruit people for some kiind of horrific cyber-galt's gulch lmfao. i admit i should have probably expected better from y'all than to know who joeyy is (guy associated with infamous fascist pedo sam hyde who makes plugg music and is growing in that scene despite his weird alt-right connections)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i don't care about new york

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
des moines is the new new york

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Arivia posted:

oh lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

des moines is the new new york

If that happens, does New York, become York, and York become Old York, cos I'm all for that.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

dr_rat posted:

If that happens, does New York, become York, and York become Old York, cos I'm all for that.

no new york becomes old new york

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Peanut President posted:

no new york becomes old new york

But then what happens when there is a new, New York, and that New York than becomes Old New York, would the current New York than be Old Old New York?

I feel it would be far easier just to make the name York illegal.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

hybridnoisebloom posted:

yea sorry i was so fliippant before, basically the gist is that theres a group (collective? company?) thats throwing shows in new york in part to recruit people for some kiind of horrific cyber-galt's gulch lmfao. i admit i should have probably expected better from y'all than to know who joeyy is (guy associated with infamous fascist pedo sam hyde who makes plugg music and is growing in that scene despite his weird alt-right connections)

Had too look this up, and learned nearly nothing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plugg_(music)

Sounds like a kind of trap wave? Which is on point for fash douchebags, I suppose.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
A 2019 HP PC at my job specifically set with all legacy boot options disabled beforehand in the BIOS, still ends up freezing the BIOS when a legacy HDD is attached by SATA

absolutely loving incredible computers now are at basic functionality

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

https://venturebeat.com/ai/the-ai-feedback-loop-researchers-warn-of-model-collapse-as-ai-trains-on-ai-generated-content/

quote:

The researchers highlight two specific ways. The first is by retaining a prestige copy of the original exclusively or nominally human-produced dataset, and avoiding contaminating with with AI-generated data. Then, the model could be periodically retrained on this data, or refreshed entirely with it, starting from scratch.

The second way to avoid degradation in response quality and reduce unwanted errors or repetitions from AI models is to introduce new, clean, human-generated datasets back into their training.

However, as the researchers point out, this would require some sort of mass labeling mechanism or effort by content producers or AI companies to differentiate between AI-generated and human-generated content. At present, no such reliable or large-scale effort exists online.

lol that the AI tech has already hit the upper limit of its ability to remove humans from the equation and hasn't even hit any actual use cases first. I thought it would be less of a flash in the pan than NFTs but lol nope

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dr_rat posted:

But then what happens when there is a new, New York, and that New York than becomes Old New York, would the current New York than be Old Old New York?

I feel it would be far easier just to make the name York illegal.

buddy at a certain point they just give up and call the new one Neo York City

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Thiel seems to really really want to create a Cool right wing subculture that is attractive to young people. it's incredibly funny.

hybridnoisebloom
Nov 16, 2021

Tias posted:

Sounds like a kind of trap wave? Which is on point for fash douchebags, I suppose.

yeah it's a subset of trap music that's been pretty much the main sound of the underground for the last 4-5 years. most plugg artists are just boring drug addicts though it's only joeyy and his crew (shed theory) who involve themselves with alt-right poo poo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

Thiel seems to really really want to create a Cool right wing subculture that is attractive to young people. it's incredibly funny.

With all the blood drinking he really should of tried to get the goth crowd. Become a right wing billionaire and you can drink blood in a run down castle all you want! They can't stop you!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jazerus posted:

buddy at a certain point they just give up and call the new one Neo York City

I though legally the city needs to be at least 50 years in the future and made of 50% neon signs to do that. The old 50/50 rule.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Tulip posted:

https://venturebeat.com/ai/the-ai-feedback-loop-researchers-warn-of-model-collapse-as-ai-trains-on-ai-generated-content/

lol that the AI tech has already hit the upper limit of its ability to remove humans from the equation and hasn't even hit any actual use cases first. I thought it would be less of a flash in the pan than NFTs but lol nope

Holy poo poo, it's like - all the steel that was made after we started dropping atomic bombs is hosed, so they need to find deep sea shipwrecks and stuff for uncontaminated steel, but for knowledge

Tias posted:

quote:

At the same time, a new wave of primarily plugg-oriented rappers emerged, many of whom grew listening to plugg, namely BoofPaxkMooky,[9][7][2] whose style is described to be reminiscent of the Playboi Carti-MexikoDro era songs,[8] and whose 2021 mixtape produced by StoopidXool called "Four Seasons" was regarded as one of the plugg's purest, according to a critic.

They have played us for absolute fools

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Amphigory posted:

They have played us for absolute fools

everything old is new again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptMIcdCcpI

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Mola Yam posted:

what part is hard to understand

baby thiel rizzed up the ancaps. they're the new praxis kings

this is just a Stefan bit without the midget joke

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

thats it

lovely garage bands secretly underwritten by fascist cults

What a world

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tokin opposition posted:

i don't care about new york

well it hearts you anyway

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Tulip posted:

As is very often the case, AI is just a mechanical turk hiding the hard work of people.

So you know this just means we're going to have even more complicated captchas right?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Alucard posted:

As is very often the case, AI is just a mechanical turk hiding the hard work of people.

So you know this just means we're going to have even more complicated captchas right?

to solve this captcha u have to write my cover letter and resume and i have to get the job before you can log in

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Lol this sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKJcoSB8YU

lol do have a very low opinion of the original?

the production is absolutely trash-tier. horrible samples, missing instruments, bad levels, and most importantly, no vocal harmonies! then the excruciatingly boring reanimated-but-still-dead face is the icing on the cake

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

blatman posted:

to solve this captcha u have to write my cover letter and resume and i have to get the job before you can log in

I think HBO is already doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

going great