Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat was on the controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

And P5 is a whole, whole lot more interesting, even trying to do absolutely everything.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Nalesh posted:

Debatable, if matt isn't invested in a game he just goes on vast drunken tirades about random poo poo, usually during major plot scenes.
As Paul Marketing would say, this is a core value of the brand.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tupperwarez posted:

As Paul Marketing would say, this is a core value of the brand.

A Matt that doesn't INSTANTLY stop giving a gently caress when a thing doesn't interest him is not a Matt at all. Plus sometimes it leads to interesting tirades AND he'll lose interest in the game on the controls anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
TMS was a particularly unfit choice but I just don't want to watch any of them play RPGs in general. Even the RPG-adjacent games are painful.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dias posted:

A Matt that doesn't INSTANTLY stop giving a gently caress when a thing doesn't interest him is not a Matt at all. Plus sometimes it leads to interesting tirades AND he'll lose interest in the game on the controls anyway.

this is admittedly what kills the second half of the Telltale Batman: Enemy Within LP for me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

TMS was a particularly unfit choice but I just don't want to watch any of them play RPGs in general. Even the RPG-adjacent games are painful.

Ffx was great

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

FFX was really good because FFX's puzzles are horseshit anyway, and Command Mission was actually a wonderful swan song for Liam's time on the channel.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Oh my god the heavy rain paige stream

https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyInventiveDuckVoteNay

PERFECT

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Depths posted:

Oh my god the heavy rain paige stream

https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyInventiveDuckVoteNay

PERFECT

That's fan-loving-tastic.

#PaigeLivesMatter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
WHAT DID SHE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN SHE PRESSED THE BUTTON PROMPT HOVERING DIRECTLY OVER THE GUN AIMED AT MAN

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Only way that could be more perfect is if Pat were there to gloat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I thought they were doing it together, bummed he's not there to just have a shiteating grin the whole time

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

He was out of the room I guess, he was there for other parts. Like this one

https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousProudDuckGingerPower

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I really want to get into the TMS LP but I just can't watch the game for 2 minutes without grasping for anything else to do.

Even Ultra Despair Girls wasn't as bad as this, at least the bad characters in that game were sufficiently weird as to prompt some sort of commentary. 3 episodes into TMS and this game has yet to establish a single character that isn't total wallpaper.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just haven't touched the TMS LP because I'm still debating whether or not I want to actually play the game.

I actually really like when they do RPGs.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah if there is one thing I enjoy about the best friends is they will finish LPs most of the time where as others would drop them. I haven’t watched GG in a while either because of those reasons. Also watched the latest Detroit LP and I died laughing what Woolie did.

Always the coward and runs away. Welp rip your robot society cuz they fuuucked.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GG is probably better for their one-offs and versus stuff since they aren't burning out trying to stick with something or at risk of dropping it at any moment. :v:

Shindragon posted:

Yeah if there is one thing I enjoy about the best friends is they will finish LPs most of the time where as others would drop them. I haven’t watched GG in a while either because of those reasons. Also watched the latest Detroit LP and I died laughing what Woolie did.

So basically Woolie the Traitor Madden is sabotaging the Android rebellion from the inside? I hope he gets an option to sell them out for a jetpack or something.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

FFX was agonizing on the actual gameplay front, not because they weren't doing some min/max optimal play, but because even with two guides they were paying no attention and getting frustrated, which is funny for a while but jesus christ some parts of that LP were sad stuff.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It did give us Grand Wizard Wakka though so it all ended up good in the end.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Its incredible how much shorter that sequence is when you skip most of it

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Shindragon posted:

I’m still confused as to the sequence. The raid was a net benefit overall. No one got hurt or killed and they now have more therium than what they began with, but it’s treated as a failure. Doesn’t make sense.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

theCalamity posted:

I’m still confused as to the sequence. The raid was a net benefit overall. No one got hurt or killed and they now have more therium than what they began with, but it’s treated as a failure. Doesn’t make sense.

All of Markus' story is a huge mess, really.

He's supposed to become a revolutionary after the player is shown Markus being repressed for seemingly the first time in the entire span of one day, and yet here's all these androids in Jericho who've just been sitting on their thumbs, making QR codes on walls. For all we know, Markus has had a much more privileged life than all of them, but we don't actually know anything about them. The junkhell sequence is cool, but Markus gets through it in ten minutes whereas we see much more hopeless attempts made by other androids, yet he doesn't try to help them at all. The Jericho-droids also are just really incompetent but also complete assholes when this guy they just met chooses the least-lethal route to get them a little bit of the stuff they need, yet they never made any attempt to get the stuff themselves.

His story is literally railroaded into getting him to become a leader of the repressed androids, and it's painfully forced.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzO2mi4uHAs

this is all i could loving hear this episode

edit:

ApeHawk posted:

His story is literally railroaded

fuckin' nice

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

theCalamity posted:

Well if you bail out immediately you pretty much got like a couple measly packs of blue blood and that's it, sure it's little something whatsoever, but you also got spotted so doing it again is likely out of the question too, it's like if you went to rob a bank and all you did was take the tellers wallet and looked right at the CCTV, ya punked out for little gain and bad consequences.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Although it looked like only options you could take to continue the theft were to kill the human or the robot, and it seems in character for Marcus so far to be hesitant to do either (since Woolie didn’t go for the option that killed Lance Hendrickson’s son.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie had like four different orange squares appear after the guard showed up. One of which was hide which leads to the same outcome iirc, but the other is hiding with the android guard which ends with you befriending him and continuing the mission and it was a little more to the right of the run away option, so Woolie really just jumped the gun because he saw a timer. Both he and Pat are really big gun jumpers on a lot of things which is funny as it leads to them more often than not loving stuff up like how bad Pat's relationship with Hank is right now and Woolie taking the coward's way out.

Meanwhile, Matt's just bumbling his way to success and getting Pat killed that one time.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Captain Baal posted:

Meanwhile, Matt's just bumbling his way to success and getting Pat killed that one time.

The crown of Bumble King rests heavy on his head.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I’m honestly surprised Matt has stayed alive for this long and Pat is now doing everything he can to keep Connor alive even if he makes bad decisions lol.I thought Hank was gonna shoot Connor with how bad Pat was handling decisions but guess he lives to gently caress up another day.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

"A robot can never replace our jobs...and then Kizuna Ai shows up!"

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Probably(?) major detroot becum hummen spoiler:

I just realized the year is 2038, that can't be a coincidence and lmao if cage things an ai could be done on a 32bit system
And the first deviants reportedly started appearing in late January or early February arggggg

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Don't worry that has nothing to do with anything

y'all expecting some major twist or reveal about the natures of androids or deviancy are in for disappointment. The closest thing to that comes in the worst ending. Otherwise the story doesn't care.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Woolie really just jumped the gun because he saw a timer

The one "good" thing this game has done is forcing timers on these idiots who are terrified of doing anything for fear of progression. I smile whenever a timer shows up because now they actually have to make progress.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Don't worry that has nothing to do with anything

y'all expecting some major twist or reveal about the natures of androids or deviancy are in for disappointment. The closest thing to that comes in the worst ending. Otherwise the story doesn't care.

Yeah, it being a dumb reference to the the Year 2038 problem in computing (edit:regardless of how unfeasible fully sapient AI in 20 years is) sounds about standard for Cage.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 16, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I refuse to believe it's an intentional reference because at no point does anyone spell it out for you

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd say I can't believe it literally has the line Who's The Real Monster but I can very easily believe that

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I'd say I can't believe it literally has the line Who's The Real Monster but I can very easily believe that

"Your choices will shape our destiny" is a line too.

No one has ever accused Mr. Cage of subtlety

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
"i can't wait to beat my daughter after smoking this good good crack"

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

TGLT posted:

Yeah, it being a dumb reference to the the Year 2038 problem in computing (edit:regardless of how unfeasible fully sapient AI in 20 years is) sounds about standard for Cage.

I mean, the zucc exists. Though I doubt it runs 32bit, the ram limit would be tough on an ai, even if you skimp on the facial animation tech :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wallrod posted:

"i can't wait to beat my daughter after smoking this good good crack"

It's shocking how quickly he goes from 0 to "YOUR loving MOTHER RAN OUT ON ME WITH A loving ACCOUNTANT!!!!"

All the Todd/Alice scenes become even dumber in retrospect.