Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Pro tip: companies that try and pay themselves under the table, ask the internet for legal advice, and conspire to oust undesirable members of ownership tend to run into problems.

Keep me posted when this poo poo blows up.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
we haven't heard from SV/Toona in a while. curious how that polyamorous date night went.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ActusRhesus posted:

we haven't heard from SV/Toona in a while. curious how that polyamorous date night went.

Toona isn't SV. He's a milgoon from way back.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

ActusRhesus posted:

Coming home at 230 cost me a night in my guest room, but it was awesome.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toona the Cat posted:

Look, if this is a bit, never break character, ok? This is a big deal for me.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Mr. Nice! posted:

Toona isn't SV. He's a milgoon from way back.

are you saying SV isn't capable of a long con?

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

blarzgh posted:

Look, if this is a bit, never break character, ok? This is a big deal for me.

I don't have nearly the creativity or sense of humor to create long-term troll.

EDIT: ^^ haha

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Toona the Cat posted:

the important thing is....did you give her the D?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ActusRhesus posted:

Look.

1) Let me have this.
2) He's been posting in/as from Pittsburgh/Military for a long rear end time. SV is a packers fan.
3) Most of our relationships are fake anyways.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ActusRhesus posted:

well since toona joined 2 years before SV it would be a hell of a con

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Holy poo poo toona is an old account to be acting like a 21 year old horny 1L.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
horny 1L knows no age restrictions man come on

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

well since toona joined 2 years before SV it would be a hell of a con

Masterful isn't it?

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Toona the Cat posted:

Was your marriage on the rocks before you started school, or are you intentionally sabotaging it? You may as well bring study group girl's panties home next time.

In non-skanky 1L news, I finally got all of my grades back for last semester, and while they don't actually rank us until the end of 1L for some reason, past distributions suggest I'm in the top 15%. Now I just need to leverage that into a paid position for the summer (lol good luck right?).

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ActusRhesus posted:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 13, 2021

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

The post history of Toona's rapid decent into hell is going to do more to dissuade future law students than anything else would have.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

allsizesfitone posted:

non-skanky 1L news,

THIS is the new thread title.

Also, opposing counsel who is a complete douche, has filed a motion for review because the clerk's office gave me an extension of time on my brief that is less than half the time he got. In his motion he got the time lines off significantly. After a paragraph correcting the dates and durations, I wrote See generally Julian Calendar. I am an rear end in a top hat. But the court hates this guy, so I think I'm ok.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ActusRhesus posted:

filed a motion for review because the clerk's office gave me an extension of time on my brief

That's some penny ante bullshit.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
AR is also SV.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

onemillionzombies posted:

The post history of Toona's rapid decent into hell is going to do more to dissuade future law students than anything else would have.

The OP for this or the next thread should just be Toona's post history with no commentary or context. Let the story tell itself.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

lol if you think this forum will survive to see another lawyer mega thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

lol if you think this forum will survive to see another lawyer mega thread.

well, I mean god emperor trump's cleansing nuclear fire will kill most of us and the EMPs will certainly take care of anything in the cloud so yeah you're probably right.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
The fun of solo firms:

No new business this week and no old business paying their bills this week. Time to eat dogfood.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

ActusRhesus posted:

THIS is the new thread title.

Also, opposing counsel who is a complete douche, has filed a motion for review because the clerk's office gave me an extension of time on my brief that is less than half the time he got. In his motion he got the time lines off significantly. After a paragraph correcting the dates and durations, I wrote See generally Julian Calendar. I am an rear end in a top hat. But the court hates this guy, so I think I'm ok.

An rear end in a top hat and also wrong! We use the Gregorian calendar (unless you're practicing law in Tsarist Russia).

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CaptainScraps posted:

The fun of solo firms:

No new business this week and no old business paying their bills this week. Time to eat dogfood.

go to valpo, dine on alpo

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

joat mon posted:

That's some penny ante bullshit.

right? Especially when I did not object to all three of his motions for extension, and his motion for permission to file a late brief, because I have a standing non objection policy.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

echopapa posted:

An rear end in a top hat and also wrong! We use the Gregorian calendar (unless you're practicing law in Tsarist Russia).

excuse me. Julian date calendar.

http://www.fs.fed.us/fire/partners/fepp/julian-calendar.pdf

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

CaptainScraps posted:

The fun of solo firms:

Scraps always bragging about how much money he makes too.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

lol if you think this forum career will survive to see another lawyer mega thread.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Scraps always bragging about how much money he makes too.

No i always talk about how much money Roger makes, not me.

Edit: Ya'll don't know poo poo about how much I make, I keep that under wraps.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 21, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 13, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Discendo Vox posted:

Is the forum actually in some kind of trouble?

well, advertising revenue is down and so are new subscribers, but it's not dead yet and still seems to be self sufficient.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Cook County decided to update its website today.

I can't look up cases on it anymore. Great. Wonderful.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

Cook County decided to update its website today.

I can't look up cases on it anymore. Great. Wonderful.

Try using Cooke County's website, sometime.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

No i always talk about how much money Roger makes, not me.

Edit: Ya'll don't know poo poo about how much I make, I keep that under wraps.

I wish I made the money Scraps thinks I make.

Also Scraps has a toilet made out of gold. I've seen it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

echopapa posted:

The 365 day year (with an extra every four years) comes to us from the big JC himself, and as such, is called the Julian year. Although Pope Gregory applied a minor patch, removing some leap years, the 365 day year is still called the Julian year, at least by the federal government. IIRC, you are an island lawyer of some sort? Guam, or perhaps Dr, Moreau? Maybe they have different terminology there.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Truly something to score meaningful points over, both in litigation and on the Internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Truly something to score meaningful points over, both in litigation and on the Internet

On par with your warswza slash fiction.