Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

etard with the pure moods total recall

e: also "sars volta" you are kind of a jerk for not ever replying to me a few months ago when i typed out all those dan deacon lyrics for you. come on man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
I'm trying to find the title and artist of these two mystery tracks here:

I hope it's ok for me to be posting these clips that are over 45 seconds, it's just for identification purposes.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
I'm looking for a song that has the same little riff that is at the beginning and throughout The Smashing Pumpkins' Today. It's driving me nuts.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

Scaught posted:

I'm looking for a song that has the same little riff that is at the beginning and throughout The Smashing Pumpkins' Today. It's driving me nuts.
The intro to Falling For You by Weezer is similar

Fierce Brosnan fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 18, 2010

sarbruis
Feb 23, 2008
Anyone have any idea what this is?

I heard it on NPR the other day but they don't have the interlude listed. I know I've heard it before--I think at Disney World?--but can't remember exactly where.

EDIT: Found it: Jai Uttal - Footprints.

sarbruis fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 18, 2010

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Scaught posted:

I'm thinking maybe No Surprises by Radiohead?

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;

HoldYourFire posted:

I'm thinking maybe No Surprises by Radiohead?

Bingo, thank you.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
There's a techno song I heard a long time back, and it samples this monologue from Man on Fire where Denzel Washington goes on about stuffing plastic explosives in dude's asses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJ7AjQnfbc&feature=related shown here.

It's pretty fantastic, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me. Any help?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any chance anyone has or can find the lyrics to this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ahrWU2ozo&feature=related

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

Arwox posted:

This was posted somewhere on SA within the last year.

Its music video was a guy driving his car with another guy in the back who's talking poo poo to him. He drives to his friends house and picks him up. They drive around for a little bit and the driver gets more and more perturbed by the guy in the back who obviously doesn't exist. He ends up pulling over and gets out of the car and gets into a fight with the imaginary person. His friend gets out of the car and talks him down, gets him back in car in the passenger side. The guy starts driving, looks in the mirror and sees an imaginary dog.

Someone.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP
Great SA music gods, help me out here. I'm trying to identify the song at the very beginning of this video clip: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/nationvdo/showvdo.php?id=2623&cateid=28 It starts right away and only goes for about 10 seconds. I can't make out enough of the words to get anything meaningful on google. Any ideas? I heard the song at a restaurant (so presumably it was on the radio or XM or something?) but by the time we flagged down the waitress it was already gone.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

lazer_chicken posted:

Great SA music gods, help me out here. I'm trying to identify the song at the very beginning of this video clip: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/specials/nationvdo/showvdo.php?id=2623&cateid=28 It starts right away and only goes for about 10 seconds. I can't make out enough of the words to get anything meaningful on google. Any ideas? I heard the song at a restaurant (so presumably it was on the radio or XM or something?) but by the time we flagged down the waitress it was already gone.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home

In Australia right now it's on the radio pretty much every time I turn it on.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

Steve Holt! posted:

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home

In Australia right now it's on the radio pretty much every time I turn it on.

Excellent, thank you. Apparently they were even on David Letterman and somehow I missed it all entirely. :psyduck:

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
This one might be a bit tough and probably sounds retarded but I'm dying to find it - mid 90's dance song from memory, played on Triple J Australia a lot about someone being a cowboy.

Some of the lyrics include:

Cowboy, cowboy, cowboy, he's a cowboy

Get on your horse, get on your horse, lets ride.

Plus gun sfx and I think a horse neigh from memory. I've tried searching for the lyrics (which there aren't many) and youtube but it coughs up 5 million country songs about cowboys. Surely I'm not going crazy, can anybody help?

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Lyrics don't really fit in but it could be Pull the Trigger by Sonic Animation.

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html

Anyone know the song that plays during the game?

Ok well it's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc
fun game though :byodood:

a pwn cocktail fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 22, 2010

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

I heard a song at the gym, but I was too far away from the screens to read the title properly. the title was something like "something something down" and it was by "time something" (something being too fuzzy to read).
It was a dance/electronic song, but more like older techno and not the daft punk/justice sort.

The video had a bald man going down an elevator and when the doors open everyone is hit by really strong wind, which he walks through. Really strong beat in it. It ends (or near the end) has a little girl who isnt affected by the wind who indicates to be quiet.

Thanks in advance!

edit: holy poo poo thanks breadcrumb!

Hollenhammer fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 24, 2010

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

Hollenhammer posted:

It was a dance/electronic song, but more like older techno and not the daft punk/justice sort.
That's Timo Maas - To Get Down

Sluitstripje
Feb 7, 2008

I am trying to remember the name of a song and it's killing me. The only thing I can remember of it is that the song title is an acronym and all the lyrics consist of words starting with the letters of the acronym.

Probably the nth person asking for this song.

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
I might be completely wrong, but Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo by the Bloodhound Gang?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpxaiNV_sM

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Sluitstripje posted:

I am trying to remember the name of a song and it's killing me. The only thing I can remember of it is that the song title is an acronym and all the lyrics consist of words starting with the letters of the acronym.

Probably the nth person asking for this song.

Ian Brown - F.E.A.R.

Sluitstripje
Feb 7, 2008

Steve Holt! posted:

Ian Brown - F.E.A.R.

Awesome! Thanks a lot.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I want to know the title of a The Game song where he says, "Pass that blunt, homie, that's what's up" for the chorus I believe. I tried searching everywhere but couldn't find it. I don't know what cd this would be from as I heard it on Sirius back in December.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
I was listening to NPR the other day and they did a 10 minute piece on a pop/punk rock musician that forces his band to play his transcribed baroque music. I don't remember anything else but I liked the music. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Strawberry Panda posted:

I want to know the title of a The Game song where he says, "Pass that blunt, homie, that's what's up" for the chorus I believe. I tried searching everywhere but couldn't find it. I don't know what cd this would be from as I heard it on Sirius back in December.

Was it definitely by The Game? I might be totally off base, but I immediately thought of That's Wusup by Mac Dre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygbgOIhlxw

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Was it definitely by The Game? I might be totally off base, but I immediately thought of That's Wusup by Mac Dre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygbgOIhlxw

Nah this was played on Shady 45, it was definitely The Game.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.
This is more of a helping ID an album but what's that huge collection of Sublime songs which fade in and out of the original, non sublime songs?

Edit: Just found it. Rewind Selector.

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
I've been playing the new motogp demo, cannot get this song out of my head. Anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kolvG-vPZ5Q

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

mister ginger posted:

I've been playing the new motogp demo, cannot get this song out of my head. Anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kolvG-vPZ5Q

State of Mind - Sun King.

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar
This is vague, and I heard it on the college station so it might even be local, but I doubt it is. too good.
The style was indie / alternative rock, kind of distorted or lofi and garage rock sounding, the voice (male) sounded kinda British, and the only lyrics I caught were something along the lines "the best mistake (I, or I've, or you, or something) ever made"
I've already googled that little bit, and It's not by The Panics or the emo band or anything.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Can anyone tell me what song is sampled on Check The Technique by Gang Starr? I know it's a pretty famous soul song and I've heard it before but the name of its escaped me right now.

pablo gbscobar fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 28, 2010

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

Can anyone tell me what song is sampled on Check Your Technique by Gang Starr? I know it's a pretty famous soul song and I've heard it before but the name of its escaped me right now.
California Soul by Marlena Shaw

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Awesome, cheers.

KaosPV
Sep 25, 2007
Mediterranean schizo
This is an amateur hip-hop track I was sent some time ago. Now, I'm pretty sure these guys are rapping on someone's else beat, do any of you guys know which song is it?

http://www.goear.com/listen/72f900a/sr-sr

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

PoisonedV posted:

This is vague, and I heard it on the college station so it might even be local, but I doubt it is. too good.
The style was indie / alternative rock, kind of distorted or lofi and garage rock sounding, the voice (male) sounded kinda British, and the only lyrics I caught were something along the lines "the best mistake (I, or I've, or you, or something) ever made"
I've already googled that little bit, and It's not by The Panics or the emo band or anything.

Motion City Soundtrack-My Favorite Accident?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFzPQ3eZhE

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
This is incredibly vague but hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.

It was a shoegaze/indie EP released on cassette (among other mediums, probably) by a European (maybe Dutch or Swedish?) band, released between 1989 and 1992. For some reason I feel like the cover of it was red, but maybe not. It had 3 or 4 tracks on it. The first track was pretty dense and fuzzed out. There was a female vocalist. The name of the band was pretty short, it was one word in English and couldn't have been longer than 4 or 5 letters. That's as much as I am certain of.

I am pretty sure I once saw their Wikipedia page and it turned out that they were a pretty normal pop band after that. Two guys and two girls or three guys and one girl in the band. I downloaded this on a whim on Soulseek years ago, my hard drive has since crashed and I've lost all my music, but I can't for the life of my remember what this is.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

ACID POLICE posted:

This is incredibly vague but hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.

It was a shoegaze/indie EP released on cassette (among other mediums, probably) by a European (maybe Dutch or Swedish?) band, released between 1989 and 1992. For some reason I feel like the cover of it was red, but maybe not. It had 3 or 4 tracks on it. The first track was pretty dense and fuzzed out. There was a female vocalist. The name of the band was pretty short, it was one word in English and couldn't have been longer than 4 or 5 letters. That's as much as I am certain of.

I am pretty sure I once saw their Wikipedia page and it turned out that they were a pretty normal pop band after that. Two guys and two girls or three guys and one girl in the band. I downloaded this on a whim on Soulseek years ago, my hard drive has since crashed and I've lost all my music, but I can't for the life of my remember what this is.

I think you might be thinking of Lush, who went from shoegazey (Nothing Natural) to Britpop (Ladykillers)

Pointman
Jul 23, 2002
These are probably a couple of easy ones, but it seems like i can't find anything on any of the internets...

I'm looking for two music videos

1)
I was pretty loving drunk at sapphire in vegas this weekend, and they played this music video which i'm pretty sure was some kind of trance/techno remix of the song Maneater... i think it was a remix of the Hall/Oates original song, not a remix of the nelly furtado version, but i could be wrong, needless to say there were elements of distraction present.

Anyway, the video was a stylized/crappy cartoon, i blurrily remember a license plate of a car in the video spelling out either DOAD, DOAB, or something like that. I couldn't find a DJ or artist except weird poo poo when running the permutations.

2)
The second video i'm looking for was a remix of BEP's Imma Be Rocking That Body. It had an amusing South Park intro that seemed to be sung by someone that sounded like shaggy. Then it went back to the regular video, and a couple of more bridges by "shaggy" or whoever the gently caress it was. I'm hoping this is the easier of the two.

You might ask yourself "Pointman, what the gently caress were you doing watching music videos at a strip club?", my answer to that is that there are only very few options for what to do between being slapped in the face by glitter covered titties, and only one of those do not involve slicing a gaping hole in your wallet.

anyway, thanks for any hints.

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
Does anyone know the song that comes in at 22 seconds?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmZmRFN_Dw
I looked everywhere for it, but I cannot for the life of me find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

draconic
Mar 30, 2004

Tried looking around the web for this unsuccessfully - does anyone know what song this is?

http://www.drac.org/high-pacman.swf

Someone thought it might be a highly distorted version of Trucker's Delight by Flairs, but I'm not sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPQUh6OSyfs

Anyone have any ideas? This song is all in my head and won't go away. >:(

edit: gently caress it - it's a butchered mash-up of one song and Pac-man's intermission - there is no full track. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

draconic fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 30, 2010