Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hormones
May 9, 2009

Malachi Constant posted:

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/index.php?n=Main.KennethTheHeadTwister

You can use that site to look up other famous loveline moments too.

They say 23 April 2003 was his first call and he calls again at 4 May 2003.

Checking my audio the call starts at 17:17 in the 2003-04-23 episode. Adam rants for a while, the story resumes at 18:40.

Thank you so much! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
loving Christ, the Jay Mohr episode is on the stream right now. I've never bothered listening to it, based on everything I've heard, but goddamn is it terrible. Worse than I could have expected, and I was prepared for the worst. Skunk vomit? Are you kidding me? I never minded him very much, but he comes across as an extremely unfunny gently caress here, and a bitter one at that. Those desperate "these aren't bits, I swear!" were just sad, really.

Adam's responses are gold, though. "Cue up the canned laughter, Anderson, this is funny stuff. If you missed the first segment, let me fill you in: skunk vomit." Also, "We're gonna take a break, I'm gonna eat some Fiddle-Faddle, and we'll be right back" made me laugh harder than anything Jay said, and I don't know why.

edit: even his Christopher Walken, which is usually great (he does a fantastic impression, one of the best I've ever heard) wasn't funny this time. He must have been having an extremely off night.

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 13, 2009

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That was back when Jay Mohr was a dick.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

loving Christ, the Jay Mohr episode is on the stream right now. I've never bothered listening to it, based on everything I've heard, but goddamn is it terrible. Worse than I could have expected, and I was prepared for the worst. Skunk vomit? Are you kidding me? I never minded him very much, but he comes across as an extremely unfunny gently caress here, and a bitter one at that. Those desperate "these aren't bits, I swear!" were just sad, really.

Adam's responses are gold, though. "Cue up the canned laughter, Anderson, this is funny stuff. If you missed the first segment, let me fill you in: skunk vomit." Also, "We're gonna take a break, I'm gonna eat some Fiddle-Faddle, and we'll be right back" made me laugh harder than anything Jay said, and I don't know why.

edit: even his Christopher Walken, which is usually great (he does a fantastic impression, one of the best I've ever heard) wasn't funny this time. He must have been having an extremely off night.

I remember that episode, because Mohr was so unfunny he was actually hilarious.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I do remember Mohr on Loveline saying that "Ebb and flow" sounded like a Pearl Jam song. I think thats about the only time I laughed at one of his jokes, just because it sounded like something my dad would say.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
I can certainly find the humor in the Mohr episode but it's still perhaps the most painful LL episode I've ever heard. Worse than the one with PLAN B IS AN ABORTION DRUG lady. Worse than the crazy rear end vampires

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I remember listening to the Mohr episode and thinking he was a total dick, which bummed me out because Suicide Kings is a really cool movie.

(I also remember I was in the badlands on my warrior :unsmith:)

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Carolla's grandmother died :(

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bananasinpajamas posted:

She was kind a tremendous bitch, though. Still, no more stories.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

WDIIA posted:

I can certainly find the humor in the Mohr episode but it's still perhaps the most painful LL episode I've ever heard. Worse than the one with PLAN B IS AN ABORTION DRUG lady. Worse than the crazy rear end vampires

The crazy rear end vampires one is brilliant.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Judakel posted:

The crazy rear end vampires one is brilliant.

Yeah, the vampire episode was basically like having Loveline callers as guests for the entire show

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I remember that episode, because Mohr was so unfunny he was actually hilarious.

Yeah, after listening to the entire episode, I have to agree. The way he kept getting angrier and angrier at his own failure was incredible. He was so absurd that it actually became hilarious. Bragging about 'skunk vomit' coming off the top of his head and being angry that no one had laughed over it... he might actually be a comedic genius.

Riptor posted:

Yeah, the vampire episode was basically like having Loveline callers as guests for the entire show

That's what made it so great, one of the best things about that episode was how painful it must have been for Adam to restrain himself. Those girls were so incredibly stupid, and soooo hosed up, it must have been torture for Adam to be relatively civil and not completely unleash on them. His subtle insults were great. I loved the part when one of the girls claimed that Adam must be screwed up for doing a show where he takes phone calls from screwed up people. "Sure, doctors deal with sick people all day, so obviously the doctors must be sick too!"

I also got a kick out of both girls' "near-death experiences", one of the girls had a wonderful little trip to heaven and was greeted by some dead family member, and the other tried to kill herself and ended up briefly visiting hell. I always enjoy hearing people talk about those experiences, it seems like their experiences always depend on their own personal beliefs about death and supposed afterlife. I have no facts to back this up, but it seems to be the case after hearing enough people talk about it. I technically "died" once, and there was no tunnel of white light, no dead relatives giving me a tour of the new pad, and no demons tugging on my pant leg. There was just nothing. It was like closing my eyes in a dark room. Coincidentally, I don't believe in heaven or hell. I saw exactly what I had expected to see, basically. I get the feeling that had I believed in an afterlife, my brain would have showed me glimpses of heaven or something. The one vampire chick who tried to kill herself ended up seeing hell, because she believed in an afterlife and in the religious concept of being punished by God for committing suicide. That's what she believed, therefore she saw exactly that. Like I said, I have no factual basis for this and I could be totally wrong, but it definitely seems to make sense.

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 15, 2009

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

Gatekeeper posted:

That's what made it so great, one of the best things about that episode was how painful it must have been for Adam to restrain himself. Those girls were so incredibly stupid, and soooo hosed up, it must have been torture for Adam to be relatively civil and not completely unleash on them. His subtle insults were great. I loved the part when one of the girls claimed that Adam must be screwed up for doing a show where he takes phone calls from screwed up people. "Sure, doctors deal with sick people all day, so obviously the doctors must be sick too!"

I also got a kick out of both girls' "near-death experiences", one of the girls had a wonderful little trip to heaven and was greeted by some dead family member, and the other tried to kill herself and ended up briefly visiting hell. I always enjoy hearing people talk about those experiences, it seems like their experiences always depend on their own personal beliefs about death and supposed afterlife. I have no facts to back this up, but it seems to be the case after hearing enough people talk about it. I technically "died" once, and there was no tunnel of white light, no dead relatives giving me a tour of the new pad, and no demons tugging on my pant leg. There was just nothing. It was like closing my eyes in a dark room. Coincidentally, I don't believe in heaven or hell. I saw exactly what I had expected to see, basically. I get the feeling that had I believed in an afterlife, my brain would have showed me glimpses of heaven or something. The one vampire chick who tried to kill herself ended up seeing hell, because she believed in an afterlife and in the religious concept of being punished by God for committing suicide. That's what she believed, therefore she saw exactly that. Like I said, I have no factual basis for this and I could be totally wrong, but it definitely seems to make sense.

Call into the show, see what he says. If thats true I bet you could get Donnie to let you through,

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

indoflaven posted:

Call into the show, see what he says. If thats true I bet you could get Donnie to let you through,

You might have something there. It'd be interesting to hear his take on near-death experiences.

He posts the caller information on Twitter? I have an account, so I can just go to his Twitter page and check out his posts, see when I'd be able to call in, right?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

bananasinpajamas posted:

Drews dad passed away a couple of weeks ago too.

Jaguarp
Jan 19, 2009
Worked up the nerve to call in today... actually got through, was able to talk with Adam and BALD BRYAN no less.

Asked a question about Conan O'Brien to see if Adam was still bitter over their ordeal. I'm sure I sounded like some shaky voiced rear end in a top hat cause I was so nervous but it was okay. :D

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jaguarp posted:

Worked up the nerve to call in today... actually got through, was able to talk with Adam and BALD BRYAN no less.

Asked a question about Conan O'Brien to see if Adam was still bitter over their ordeal. I'm sure I sounded like some shaky voiced rear end in a top hat cause I was so nervous but it was okay. :D

What'd he say? I'll be listening for it!

Jaguarp
Jan 19, 2009

UltraRed posted:

What'd he say? I'll be listening for it!

His answer was basically that he has no grudge, he just thinks that Conan is a big pussy, and he would be willing to do The Tonight Show because "I'm a whore."

Then he went on a jag about how everyone in Hollywood is a pussy. I inspired a jag! I'm so proud!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You should have asked him why he hasn't hired somebody worth a drat to do the audio since it's loving god awful to listen to.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
Does anyone know where one could download the episodes of Adam's return to Loveline this past year when he visited? I'd really love to hear those again.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

UltraRed posted:

She was kind a tremendous bitch, though. Still, no more stories.

Carolla makes everyone sound like an rear end in a top hat so that isn't saying much at all. She will be asking God what rimjobs are now.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Hormones posted:

Does anyone know where one could download the episodes of Adam's return to Loveline this past year when he visited? I'd really love to hear those again.

I host the single night he did in March 2008.

But that's the crappy episode where Drew was bored and nothing too exciting happened. Someone else posted the files when he did May 10th-14th '09.

Here's the May 10th episode, I don't have the rest of 'em.

Rockefeller
Oct 23, 2004

i wish he'd come back more often

also anderson really took a mile with the intro/exit sound drops since early 2000

Rockefeller fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 16, 2009

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

What the hell was the spot for this morning on the beginning of the podcast?

Like, I know it's Kevin Hench and...someone, but I literally couldn't understand the other guy, because the audio quality was so drat TERRIBLE.

If this is Adam's way of branching out, ughhh.

Fake edit: "Spider and the Henchman" is what it's for - http://adamcarolla.com/SHBlog/

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Man it is awesome to hear bald bryan progress from slurring a few words every now and then a year ago to basically being able to carrying an hour long podcast today.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Does Jay Glazer come off as a huge blowhard to anyone else or is it just me?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

visuvius posted:

Anyone who discusses sports as much as he does is a blowhard.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Say what you will, but the Improv show was the funniest podcast I think I've heard from this new premise.

Adam pissing in front of his daughter was a little weird, but the Fox Sports guy talking about the samoan caressing his balls and Adam's pedophilia tangent had me in tears, which is something I haven't gotten out of Adam's material in a long time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Strange Matter posted:

Say what you will, but the Improv show was the funniest podcast I think I've heard from this new premise.

Adam pissing in front of his daughter was a little weird, but the Fox Sports guy talking about the samoan caressing his balls and Adam's pedophilia tangent had me in tears, which is something I haven't gotten out of Adam's material in a long time.

It was a good podcast. Rogan was great, which surprised me. Adam's stand up was the weakest part of the podcast.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

UltraRed posted:

Adam's stand up was the weakest part of the podcast.

I thought it was great! Like another poster said, some of the funniest stuff he's done in awhile. I mean, if that was the weakest part, then that means Frank Stallone waxing on about his brother again was more entertaining? I don't think it gets much better than Adam suggesting that they invent a toilet designed like a steel drum so you can tell where you're peeing.

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1JSAGSGiNk

If there was ever a reason to use "Lovelive" as an adjective, it's for that news clip. It's condensed Loveline.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Adam is no comedian. He has no rhythm and no timing. His anecdotes though, are hilarious all on their own. Was it great stand-up? Nope, not by a long shot. Was good solid entertainment? Id say so.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

visuvius posted:

Cool your jets, bro! drat dogg, I spilled Monster on my Ed Hardy shirt!

He's a mammoth, mammoth blowhard.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Man, both improv podcasts were excellent. I thought Adam's standup was great and all the guests made for good comedy. Even if the guest was dull (Dominique Swain, for example) they were still able to make things entertaining. I like the way Adam and Garman play off each other, too.

The podcast really has been great lately. It seems like they finally got the sound right, it's been a while since Adam went on a truly painful rant, the Ace on the House episodes have actually been pretty entertaining so far, even for someone with little interest in home improvement, and other than Frank Stallone (who wasn't even that bad) the guests have all been good, or at least entertaining. I was kinda iffy on the podcast a while back, but it's definitely become quite solid. Anyone who got tired of it a while ago and stopped listening, I'd definitely recommend giving it another shot. The show has found its footing and really hasn't disappointed in a while.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gatekeeper posted:

Man, both improv podcasts were excellent. I thought Adam's standup was great and all the guests made for good comedy. Even if the guest was dull (Dominique Swain, for example) they were still able to make things entertaining. I like the way Adam and Garman play off each other, too.

The podcast really has been great lately. It seems like they finally got the sound right, it's been a while since Adam went on a truly painful rant, the Ace on the House episodes have actually been pretty entertaining so far, even for someone with little interest in home improvement, and other than Frank Stallone (who wasn't even that bad) the guests have all been good, or at least entertaining. I was kinda iffy on the podcast a while back, but it's definitely become quite solid. Anyone who got tired of it a while ago and stopped listening, I'd definitely recommend giving it another shot. The show has found its footing and really hasn't disappointed in a while.

Seconding this. I'm glad I stuck with it.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

Where should I pick it back up? Can you identify a podcast where it started getting better?

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Where should I pick it back up? Can you identify a podcast where it started getting better?

In my opinion, back in mid-October it started to form. I would say around the time of the Dave Thomas podcast or the most recent DAG podcast is probably a good place to re-start. You can see it getting more solid from there.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
He actually started doing a "best of" podcast recently, so starting up now can be a good or a bad time, depending on when you quit.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of the best of podcasts..hoooly poo poo I forgot how uncomfortable I felt during the George Takei interview. First the Aceman asks George to think about the WORST day of his life, knowing full well he was in an internment camp as a child, and proceeds to talk about having to hitchhike home after painting all day. He follows it up with a 10 minute segment trying to justify Japanese American Internment camps.

Adam: Well, maybe your father realized the camps weren't set up out of anger.
George: Yes, they were.
Adam: Well, you see, we didn't do it to hurt anyone..
George: They came to my house, with bayonetted machine guns.
Adam: Maybe..I'm not conveying my point correctly. What happened, was terrible. BUT it wasn't like Hitler rounding up Nazis..
George: That's almost exactly what it was like.
Adam: ....Clearly, I'm not getting my point across correctly. What I'm trying to say....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

GobiasIndustries posted:

:words:

Adam sounded like such a retard in that exchange. It felt like an argument that i'd have with a 12 year old that couldn't admit they were wrong.

• Locked thread