Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I realized today that my 1995 jetta which just hit 200k miles still lacks any rattles, squeaks or other old-car noises. I think I'm in love. If I buy a new vw can I expect the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmagekie
Dec 2, 2003

EVGA Longoria posted:

Probably a simple question, but I'm going nuts with it.

Last night, I bought a 2013 VW Golf with the Convenience and Sunroof packages. Means it has the Premium 8 stereo.

While on the test drive, I absolutely swear I was able to navigate my iPhone (MDI) via the steering wheel -- it replaced the "Now Playing" in the instrument panel with the list and let me select the artist, album and song. I was stopped when doing this, and I think the salesman might've hit a button to bring it up.

Driving around, however, I cannot seem to trigger this. I know they did at least a few changes while I was signing paperwork (turned off daytime running lights, for instance), so it this a case where they changed a setting?

The manual is no help - the Premium 8 manual doesn't mention anything whatsoever about steering wheel controls, and the Owner's manual doesn't go into audio systems that I can find. Googling is giving me nothing -- All the results I'm finding are about browsing it on Bluetooth or on a pre-Mk6.

So can anyone confirm for me:

1) If I hallucinated this on the test drive
2) How to access it, if it exists

Did you plug it in to the cable in the armrest? It doesn't work over bluetooth.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

schmagekie posted:

Did you plug it in to the cable in the armrest? It doesn't work over bluetooth.

Yup, I'm using the MDI cable. It's a 5 so it's through the adapter, but it works fine for MDI and if I really saw it on the test drive, it would've happened there too.

It works fine if I hit "selection" on the touch screen, but it doesn't show up in the instrument panel or work with steering wheel controls.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EVGA Longoria posted:

Yup, I'm using the MDI cable. It's a 5 so it's through the adapter, but it works fine for MDI and if I really saw it on the test drive, it would've happened there too.

It works fine if I hit "selection" on the touch screen, but it doesn't show up in the instrument panel or work with steering wheel controls.

You have to do it through the head unit. It doesn't go through the MDI.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Bovril Delight posted:

You have to do it through the head unit. It doesn't go through the MDI.

Thanks for confirming that, I must be confusing a few different things from the test drive.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
2002 Jetta V6 towed to dealer after shuting down on the highway.
Dealer Service says CAM Sensor is bad... $566
I say go ahead.
Dealer Service... something is wrong and we can't figure it out... it's going to cost you $300 for us to tear the engine apart to see if we can find out what's wrong.
I say... I really don't want to get $1000 dollars deep into this just for you to tell me it either can't be fixed at all or it will cost another $1000 to fix it.
Dealer Service says... well we will work with you...
I said I'm not going to put more money into it than it's worth.
Dealer Service says he thinks I could get between $2000 - $5000 for it.
I say... the Blue Book is $1700 and that's in "fair" condition, my doesn't have a working engine right now.
Oh well I've got an Audi that I love... blah blah (changes the subject)
I say... so back to my car I may just get it towed to the junk yard.
Dealer Service says well let me talk to my tech and see if we can work something out.

All their "tests" indicate everything is "fine"... except the small problem of NO COMPRESSION IN ANY OF THE CYLINDERS. So they want $300 to figure out why...

I think I'm going to cut my loses...

Questions? Comments? Anyone....

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

2002 Jetta V6 towed to dealer after shuting down on the highway.
Dealer Service says CAM Sensor is bad... $566
All their "tests" indicate everything is "fine"... except the small problem of NO COMPRESSION IN ANY OF THE CYLINDERS. So they want $300 to figure out why...

So....the easy check is to turn the engine over by hand and see if the valves move. My guess is no because you broke the timing chain (you really should be changing your oil on time).

If this is the case the motor is probably junk. Unless the rest of the car is pristine I can't see it being worth an engine swap (and rebuilding that one would be out of the question financially).

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
I'm looking at picking up an '08 a3 3.2 S-line that showed up a local dealer at a decent price.

How solid was the DSG/S-tronic after the mechatronics recall happened? It's a bit tough to sort through all the DSG issues and figure out what was relevant on the earlier iterations, and what was a problem after.

Were there any other big issues to watch out for? I'm downsizing from a bmw 535xi, so I'm used to having the ticking HPFP time bomb under me, and I miss how little I felt like I had to worry about my MKV GTI.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Motronic posted:

So....the easy check is to turn the engine over by hand and see if the valves move. My guess is no because you broke the timing chain (you really should be changing your oil on time).

If this is the case the motor is probably junk. Unless the rest of the car is pristine I can't see it being worth an engine swap (and rebuilding that one would be out of the question financially).

Thanks.

I had it initially towed to a different garage. A local one that I trust. I don't really trust VW Service for about a billion reasons I won't go into. They said it's the timing and we can't fix it because it's Volkswagen. I get it towed to the one VW Dealership within a 100 mile radius I haven't had major problems with. This is only my 3rd time at this one.

I tell the VW guy... it's the timing, my mechanic says so... the tow truck driver says so... and their reasoning makes perfect sense to me. So I'm afraid the car might be done for. He says... well we'll look at it... it's probably just a fuse. ??? Just a fuse? OK buddy whatever.

A week later he calls and says it's the CAM Sensor, and goes out of his way to tell me the timing is fine. I said is that your computer telling you that or did you actually look at the chain? He said it wasn't a computer but they have some other test and it checked out. I say ok fix it.

Then another week passes til this morning and they have no idea what's wrong but IT'S NOT THE TIMING.

I'm pretty good about changing my oil but you mentioning that made me remember something. I last changed the oil in I think April, and about a month ago I was getting ready to go on a pretty long trip so I checked the oil before I left... and it was down a quart. Which was strange because I didn't notice any oil leaking on the garage floor or anything. So I put a quart in and then went on my trip... 800 miles in 24 hours. The next day is when it died. Since I guess it took a couple of months to lose a quart, I didn't even think about checking it in the middle of the trip or right after... gently caress...

EDIT: Another question... is there anything else I can do with this car besides the junk yard? It's not worth anything for a trade-in right? Unless it's one of those Push, Pull, Drag sales I guess. It's got some nice 19" aluminum wheels... well they were nice, pretty scratched up now.

FrankeeFrankFrank fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 17, 2013

d3k0y
May 30, 2013
I need to replace the oilpan on my 2000 Jetta GLS. I am sure someone here has done it before, so does anyone have any advice/suggestions/warnings?

In case it helps, I need to replace the oilpan because I am leaking oil, somewhere? I happened to just look under my car the other day because I guess some plastic flap had broken and I was dragging it under my car when I realized I had a lot of oil all over the pan and it looks to be coming out of the seam. The previous owner of the car also torqued down the pin/bolt/stopped for the pan and stripped the crap out of it and I am tired of using oil saver plugs that I have to replace with every oil change.

I can give pictures as well if anyone wants. Also I know crap about cars, most work I have ever done on one was changing the battery and brake pad/rotors with a friend's help.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Thanks.

I had it initially towed to a different garage. A local one that I trust. I don't really trust VW Service for about a billion reasons I won't go into. They said it's the timing and we can't fix it because it's Volkswagen. I get it towed to the one VW Dealership within a 100 mile radius I haven't had major problems with. This is only my 3rd time at this one.

I tell the VW guy... it's the timing, my mechanic says so... the tow truck driver says so... and their reasoning makes perfect sense to me. So I'm afraid the car might be done for. He says... well we'll look at it... it's probably just a fuse. ??? Just a fuse? OK buddy whatever.

A week later he calls and says it's the CAM Sensor, and goes out of his way to tell me the timing is fine. I said is that your computer telling you that or did you actually look at the chain? He said it wasn't a computer but they have some other test and it checked out. I say ok fix it.

Then another week passes til this morning and they have no idea what's wrong but IT'S NOT THE TIMING.

I'm pretty good about changing my oil but you mentioning that made me remember something. I last changed the oil in I think April, and about a month ago I was getting ready to go on a pretty long trip so I checked the oil before I left... and it was down a quart. Which was strange because I didn't notice any oil leaking on the garage floor or anything. So I put a quart in and then went on my trip... 800 miles in 24 hours. The next day is when it died. Since I guess it took a couple of months to lose a quart, I didn't even think about checking it in the middle of the trip or right after... gently caress...

EDIT: Another question... is there anything else I can do with this car besides the junk yard? It's not worth anything for a trade-in right? Unless it's one of those Push, Pull, Drag sales I guess. It's got some nice 19" aluminum wheels... well they were nice, pretty scratched up now.

Where are you located? I'd buy it if you were in Arizona... but otherwise, take some pics and throw it up on Craigslist as a 'mechanics special'.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

BlackMK4 posted:

Where are you located? I'd buy it if you were in Arizona... but otherwise, take some pics and throw it up on Craigslist as a 'mechanics special'.

Ohio... I might do that... the rims are worth more than the car at this point.

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

Ohio... I might do that... the rims are worth more than the car at this point.

Heh, where at in Ohio? If you are just going to junk it I might be willing to buy a few parts off you.

I am just northeast of Cincinnati.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

d3k0y posted:

Heh, where at in Ohio? If you are just going to junk it I might be willing to buy a few parts off you.

I am just northeast of Cincinnati.

East of Dayton area...

I'm going to see what if anything the VW place will give me... probably nothing... or see if I can get anything for a trade in off of it where ever I buy my new car... probably nothing...

I'll keep you updated.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
If any one is looking for an Allroad, I'm trying to sell mine. Time to get a car that seats seven...ugh.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3933165166.html

I haven't replaced that airbag yet, I'm going to get it done Monday. I just don't have time to do it myself for the next couple weeks. I have the new airbag sitting right here too.

d3k0y
May 30, 2013
Has anyone ever had their ABS light come on? Mine goes on and off and I never seem to notice much difference in the brakes other than the ABS actually stops working which isn't a big deal during the summer.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

d3k0y posted:

Has anyone ever had their ABS light come on? Mine goes on and off and I never seem to notice much difference in the brakes other than the ABS actually stops working which isn't a big deal during the summer.

May be time for new pads or a new sensor or both.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

d3k0y posted:

I need to replace the oilpan on my 2000 Jetta GLS. I am sure someone here has done it before, so does anyone have any advice/suggestions/warnings?

In case it helps, I need to replace the oilpan because I am leaking oil, somewhere? I happened to just look under my car the other day because I guess some plastic flap had broken and I was dragging it under my car when I realized I had a lot of oil all over the pan and it looks to be coming out of the seam. The previous owner of the car also torqued down the pin/bolt/stopped for the pan and stripped the crap out of it and I am tired of using oil saver plugs that I have to replace with every oil change.

I can give pictures as well if anyone wants. Also I know crap about cars, most work I have ever done on one was changing the battery and brake pad/rotors with a friend's help.

Is it a 2.0? Change the oil pressure sensor. My 95 had a mystery leak that I thought was the pan gasket, pulled the pan and still had the leak. A few weeks later the oil pressure sensor finally let loose and turns out that was the initial leak.

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

veedubfreak posted:

Is it a 2.0? Change the oil pressure sensor. My 95 had a mystery leak that I thought was the pan gasket, pulled the pan and still had the leak. A few weeks later the oil pressure sensor finally let loose and turns out that was the initial leak.

It is a 2.0 actually (GL not a GLS like I originally thought), I have no idea where the oil pressure sensor is, but I will take a look while I am down there. I need to replace the pan anyways so it won't be a huge waste of time if that isn't where the leak actually is.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
So it decided to actually rain for once yesterday in Phoenix and I had to run some errands, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal for an '11 A4 with quattro. It wasn't flooding and I wasn't doing donuts or mudding or anything, maybe going 40 mph max on the city road. But I guess the streets weren't really optimized for handling water when they were built in the 50s, resulting in some pretty large puddles I had to drive through, with probably a foot of water in some places I'd guess.

As I was driving through my neighborhood on the way back, I got a notice briefly about the ASC then the transmission seemed to falter and shudder a bit. When I turned it on later, it threw a CEL. I dont believe it stayed lit during my drive home, just came on when i started it up.

Unfortunately I had to drive to the airport immediately after this so didn't get a chance to check anything under the hood and won't be back for several days. On the way I could've sworn i saw a small puff of steam when I was idling at a stoplight.

I've got the CPO warranty etc (although I'm sure like anything, they could find a way to avoid servicing it) so I'm not too concerned but any thoughts on what it could be or am I just being paranoid and it'll be ok once it's dry again?

Tldr: drove in some big puddles, CEL

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

d3k0y posted:

It is a 2.0 actually (GL not a GLS like I originally thought), I have no idea where the oil pressure sensor is, but I will take a look while I am down there. I need to replace the pan anyways so it won't be a huge waste of time if that isn't where the leak actually is.

It's a cheap part, and fairly easy to replace. I did it at a parking lot at a car show after it let loose while I was pulling in to park.

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

veedubfreak posted:

It's a cheap part, and fairly easy to replace. I did it at a parking lot at a car show after it let loose while I was pulling in to park.

How cheap is cheap? The part store (1 of 3 in my area) I called wanted 140 bucks for the part alone, I am pretty sure I saw it was 60/70 somewhere else.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey guys, I dumped my allroad, so I'm out of the Audi thread. However, I have a few Audi accessories of anyone is interested:

1) OEM allroad allweather floor mats (front and back) in black. These should fit an A6 or allroad.
2) GROM USB w/ Audi/VW connector to add bluetooth, AUX, and USB to your stereo. Item linked here I have the bluetooth dongle, but no mic to connect to it.
3) Audi stereo pull out ninja stars, sort of like these but four of them, and they have three points each. I'll include them with the GROM if someone wants it.
4) Roof rack for audi Amazon Link

If anyone is interested, or knows of a good place to put these up on a classified website, let me know.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

d3k0y posted:

How cheap is cheap? The part store (1 of 3 in my area) I called wanted 140 bucks for the part alone, I am pretty sure I saw it was 60/70 somewhere else.

Woa, its like :10bux:. At least that's what I paid for it when I had to replace it. It's just a tiny switch that screws into the case to make sure you have oil pressure.

Er wait, you have an mk4 don't you. 99.5 was the switchover right? That might make it a tad more expensive.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Hey guys, I dumped my allroad, so I'm out of the Audi thread. However, I have a few Audi accessories of anyone is interested:

1) OEM allroad allweather floor mats (front and back) in black. These should fit an A6 or allroad.
2) GROM USB w/ Audi/VW connector to add bluetooth, AUX, and USB to your stereo. Item linked here I have the bluetooth dongle, but no mic to connect to it.
3) Audi stereo pull out ninja stars, sort of like these but four of them, and they have three points each. I'll include them with the GROM if someone wants it.
4) Roof rack for audi Amazon Link

If anyone is interested, or knows of a good place to put these up on a classified website, let me know.

I'd be interested in the radio removal hooks. Will the GROM thing work with the 6-Disc changer? I might be interested in that, but I was just going to put a new head unit in.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Prefect Six posted:

I'd be interested in the radio removal hooks. Will the GROM thing work with the 6-Disc changer? I might be interested in that, but I was just going to put a new head unit in.

The GROM connects to the connector on the back of the stereo for the in-trunk CD changer. It works fine with a stereo with an in-dash changer, which is what my stereo was. When you press the CD button once it selects the in-dash changer, twice and it selects the trunk changer or GROM device. The hooks make pulling the stereo out super easy for GROM installation.
PM or email me if you want to talk about it. Ericcorp@gmail.com

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

veedubfreak posted:

Woa, its like :10bux:. At least that's what I paid for it when I had to replace it. It's just a tiny switch that screws into the case to make sure you have oil pressure.

Er wait, you have an mk4 don't you. 99.5 was the switchover right? That might make it a tad more expensive.

Ah, I thought you were talking about the oilpan not the sensor. Yeah if it is 10 bucks I might as well just replace that while I am down there, just gotta figure out how. Hopefully that "book o maintenace" I have for the car includes it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

d3k0y posted:

Ah, I thought you were talking about the oilpan not the sensor. Yeah if it is 10 bucks I might as well just replace that while I am down there, just gotta figure out how. Hopefully that "book o maintenace" I have for the car includes it.

Nah, I'm just trying to save you the headache I went through. The way the oil pressure sensor leaks, it appears to be the oil pan that is leaking. It's a cheap and easy fix to try before delving into the oil pan. If you do replace the oil pan, be aware there are a couple screws that are a pain in the rear end to get to that are between the engine and transmission.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Is there an easy way to fix the key spinning in the drivers side door instead of unlocking it?

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

BlackMK4 posted:

Is there an easy way to fix the key spinning in the drivers side door instead of unlocking it?

Sounds like you snapped the bar that actually triggers the unlock mechanism, I had a similar issue with my house door. The cylinders still get out of the way, but the bar that needs to rotate in order for the actual thing to unlock just snapped off. I doubt this would be an easy fix depending on the key, I have the double sided keys that have to be purchased from the dealership, so you would probably need to get a whole new lock mechanism from them, new keys, and take apart your entire door.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Luckily the door lock comes out super easy through the front of the door - I saw a post over on TDIClub that had this picture:

I just don't know where he drilled exactly or whatever to get this to work.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How bad of a decision would I be making if I were to be able to get my hands on a 95 v6 911 convertible for a more than reasonable price?

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

So got my used oil analysis back on the TT I recently bought. Doesn't look good. I'm going to do what they suggest and change it at 1000 miles to see if that helps clear things out, but should I start looking to get rid of it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5s2zmuqcs870uqr/01%20AUDI%20TT-070613%20PUBLIC.pdf

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
See what the next interval says but that copper concentration is a little worrying.

veedubfreak posted:

How bad of a decision would I be making if I were to be able to get my hands on a 95 v6 911 convertible for a more than reasonable price?
You gotta own one someday, right?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Do we have a TDI guru here?

I bought a 197k mile TDI yesterday - first diesel I've owned and second MK4 chassis (first was an 04 1.8t).

Since buying it I've replaced the fuel return lines that were leaking, new fuel filter primed with seafoam, and new airfilter.

I was told that the motor has a new head on it from a timing belt failure and as such has also had the tensioner/belt replaced.

It is much quicker than I'd figured a TDI would be which leads me to believe that it's not (too) down on power, if at all. Disconnecting the MAF makes the car significantly slower (I assume it keeps the WG fully open to prevent building boost as a limp mode) so I figure that's functioning properly. I note that there is some air in the fuel return lines, is that normal? I also note that while cleaning the motor with degreaser there were small bubbles forming around the injectors for cylinder 1 and 2 - I would guess the gaskets there are leaking?

The clutch makes the normal bad TOB noises with the clutch out and squeeks if I depress the clutch pedal - clutch holds the power fine. When accelerating there is a tiny bit of what I guess would be called missing happening - not enough to slow it down but a gentle, slow surge.

There is vibration at idle that I can feel while sitting in the car at stop lights, engine temperature doesn't affect it. Adding some revs clears it right up. The tach doesn't move at all while doing this. I can feel vibration through the clutch pedal as soon as I press on it in the very slightest. There is no CEL.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D3xgi1d5gQ

Am I to assume this is the DMF being bad? Am I wrong and it's something else? Just wondering before I drop $360 on a G60/VR6 clutch/fw/pp. I do have a VAGCOM cable that works with Vagcom Lite, but no license for that. It does connect and work.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

A v6 911 would be quite rare find.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays

BlackMK4 posted:

Do we have a TDI guru here?

I would crosspost at tdiclub.com if I were you.

I don't know about leaking injector seals. I do know that glowplugs like to leak compression a little bit, which can be fixed by taking them out and cleaning the threads or preferably just replacing them.

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.

BlackMK4 posted:

I note that there is some air in the fuel return lines, is that normal?

You mean the clear fuel return line? It's almost always going to have a bubble right at the top. This is normal.

BlackMK4 posted:

I also note that while cleaning the motor with degreaser there were small bubbles forming around the injectors for cylinder 1 and 2 - I would guess the gaskets there are leaking?

Gaskets are leaking and/or the injectors aren't torqued down properly. Gaskets are cheap so you should do them anyway when you do nozzles (which you should do anyway if they haven't been done on a 200k mile car)

BlackMK4 posted:

There is vibration at idle that I can feel while sitting in the car at stop lights, engine temperature doesn't affect it. Adding some revs clears it right up. The tach doesn't move at all while doing this. I can feel vibration through the clutch pedal as soon as I press on it in the very slightest. There is no CEL.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D3xgi1d5gQ

You're going to have some vibration in the clutch pedal no matter what. But yea this sounds like a potentially bad DMF and an almost certainly bad TOB.

BlackMK4 posted:

Just wondering before I drop $360 on a G60/VR6 clutch/fw/pp. I do have a VAGCOM cable that works with Vagcom Lite, but no license for that. It does connect and work.

G60/VR6 is going to chatter because of the SMF, but it's almost certainly the right choice for a clutch replacement.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I've got a 2002 V6 Jetta in the shop right now. I'm guessing the engine is shot. Long story short... they don't know what is wrong with it and I don't want to spend the money to find out.

The shop guy is putting out feelers to people he knows that do re-builds, etc.

The body is in pretty good shape, a little rust at the bottom front of the driver side door is about it. It's got the "sport" suspension and some kind of nice aluminum wheels.

Any idea what I can expect to get for it?

I'd be pretty happy with just about anything, because if I can't get someone to take it as a trade in I may have to just take it to the dump.

I guess I'm thinking around $500... cause it is probably worth that in scrap. Is $1000 crazy to hope for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Motronic posted:

A v6 911 would be quite rare find.

Just looked again, and it's actually a '90. Long story short, it's a write off that would be getting put back together by a friend of a friend. I've seen the work he does, as pretty much the guys last 4 cars have been write off auction cars that were rebuilt. The Porsche isn't even that much damage, not sure how it got wrote off other than its age.

Some pics.

And in just a year and a half I'd be able to put it on a classic policy for insurance. God damnit, a 1990 model car is almost 25 years old :corsair:

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 25, 2013