Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic
Awesome thanks so much guys, got it working nicely!

Here it is incase anyone wants it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yd66jbkhbdw2wim <- (updated file)

Broken Spork fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Broken Spork posted:

Awesome thanks so much guys, got it working nicely!

Here it is incase anyone wants it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dywkqcgbjggsfba

I am so using this when i go through my next play through as Death. My goal will to beat the game only killing one person, that son of a bitch who shot me in the head.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The reason why I play with Texture Quality Medium / Low is that my setup and mod composition can go hours without crashing on a Radeon 5770.

On High I'm lucky to last 10 minutes.

ps get to hoover dam with the Armory's leveled list you fuckers

It had simply never occurred to me to turn down graphical settings. Sure enough, that fixed most of the crashes I was having.

I'd test the Hoover Dam for you, but my progressed save is corrupt and the one I'm working on now is dicking around in Primm. :(

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Retrograde posted:

I am so using this when i go through my next play through as Death. My goal will to beat the game only killing one person, that son of a bitch who shot me in the head.

Make sure to use the Death outfit pieces from Tailor Mad BB, hahaha.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

BrainGlitch posted:

Make sure to use the Death outfit pieces from Tailor Mad BB, hahaha.

That's the plan!

Thanks for the 4gb NVSE link earlier goons, game seems a lot more stable now while running the ojo bueno texture pack, load times could be better though.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Naky posted:

So much talky talky about a sword so we at Team Happy Happy Geckos took pity and present yet another quality (probably poorly done and completely untested) mod for the unwashed masses.

The Sharp Pointy of Holy Doom, for your stabbing and slashing and cutting and chopping and... knightly ways. N' stuff.

No, seriously, I didn't test it, lemme know if I totally botched it.
My god are you great. Somehow I knew the unusual kindness of SA would come out within a sub-community of modders. My track record with asking people in the modding community for small favors has been pretty good so far with only a few justified declines.

I recently had a long PM back-and-fourth with that lady who made the Willow mod - she's a little nuts.

Thanks a million Naky, if you've got any stuff on Nexus I can throw my endorsements at I'll be happy to.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Retrograde posted:

That's the plan!

Thanks for the 4gb NVSE link earlier goons, game seems a lot more stable now while running the ojo bueno texture pack, load times could be better though.

If you're having load time issues, use Poco Bueno instead. Most of the graphic quality is still there but the textures are much smaller.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The only mod I've ever put on Nexus got removed for no good reason. :colbert:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Did The Armory add the "Ingram MAC-11" gun? If so, there's a slight problem.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/YCeu7.jpg][/timg]

I guess it's not really a problem, since no vendors in the game can afford that, but yeah.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

SourceElement posted:

I guess it's not really a problem, since no vendors in the game can afford that, but yeah.

Thats actually pretty hilarious considering the Kings guys love giving me 3 MAC-11s every time I walk into Freeside.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Kaptain K posted:

My god are you great. Somehow I knew the unusual kindness of SA would come out within a sub-community of modders. My track record with asking people in the modding community for small favors has been pretty good so far with only a few justified declines.

I recently had a long PM back-and-fourth with that lady who made the Willow mod - she's a little nuts.

Thanks a million Naky, if you've got any stuff on Nexus I can throw my endorsements at I'll be happy to.
Really? I think she was one of the saner people in the accidental 50 page argumentageddon in the Nexus modder forums, which just makes the rest of them seem crazier.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SourceElement posted:

Did The Armory add the "Ingram MAC-11" gun? If so, there's a slight problem.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/YCeu7.jpg][/timg]

The BB gun that formerly took its place had eleventy billion HP and we actually put a real gun in its place.

I then reduced the item HP not thinking people would load their 1.5 Armory saves and causing bugs like this to happen :ohdear:

Also the Kings give you random guns and maybe a melee guitar. I got sick of the squirrel stews and the 260 stimpacks they usually gave out.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

Really? I think she was one of the saner people in the accidental 50 page argumentageddon in the Nexus modder forums, which just makes the rest of them seem crazier.
Oh I'm not saying she's nuts or crazy by internet standards, in that regard she's astonishingly normal, level headed and shockingly nice. Not to mention helpful.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Is there some mod that will remove the factions from armor? its kind a stupid feature and impacts play.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Also the Kings give you random guns and maybe a melee guitar.

Weird. Every single time I play with the Armory, I always get 3 MAC-11s or one Airsoft MAC-whatever. Freeside standing doesnt matter, its always one of the two.

ColHannibal posted:

Is there some mod that will remove the factions from armor? its kind a stupid feature and impacts play.

Theres one in the OP I thought?

Yeah, the Faction ID cards: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36920
Removes the faction tag from armor and lets you buy equippable things if you want to disguise yourself.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Naky posted:

The only mod I've ever put on Nexus got removed for no good reason. :colbert:

Which is loving hilarious because last week or so there was a huge, awful thread that got derailed into a "remove that anime tentacle rape mod" and the admins were basically like

:smuggo: heh, sorry but it doesn't break the tos or any laws, we're free thinking people here :rolleyes:

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 22, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I'm pretty sure the admin felt SA was dogpiling the FOTM voting, because 23 votes in a week is a dogpile from SA. :stare: Funny thing was, the iHud guy who was in number 1 thought it was hilarious and didn't care if he stayed at 1 or not.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Naky posted:

I'm pretty sure the admin felt SA was dogpiling the FOTM voting, because 23 votes in a week is a dogpile from SA. :stare: Funny thing was, the iHud guy who was in number 1 thought it was hilarious and didn't care if he stayed at 1 or not.

Oh there's no question that was the reason. But somehow a tentacle rape mod is OK :psyduck:

I loving hate that community.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Mr. Crow posted:

Oh there's no question that was the reason. But somehow a tentacle rape mod is OK :psyduck:
I loving hate that community.
Let's be fair here, it wasn't just tentacle rape, there was also a 10-page detour on paedophilia.
All completely ignoring the original point of the thread, that banning modders with no warning for 'offensive behaviour' (sending harsh PMs, describing questions already answered in the readme as 'ridiculous') is entirely bullshit. I mean, you'd think people would have cared slightly more about the fact they can be banned at the drop of a hat for almost entirely arbitrary reasons.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Talkie Toaster posted:

Let's be fair here, it wasn't just tentacle rape, there was also a 10-page detour on paedophilia.
All completely ignoring the original point of the thread, that banning modders with no warning for 'offensive behaviour' (sending harsh PMs, describing questions already answered in the readme as 'ridiculous') is entirely bullshit. I mean, you'd think people would have cared slightly more about the fact they can be banned at the drop of a hat for almost entirely arbitrary reasons.

I think I stopped reading before we got to pedophilia :psyduck:

But yea I tried to curb it back towards the original argument because it was a valid complaint a couple times but lord those people are thick.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
You two interact with the Nexus? Braver men than I!

Hey Talkie, any luck with that shield mod?

edit: by the way, Broken Spork, your scythe nif isn't linking your bump maps. Click the flower icon right below the current texture path in nifskope and add the texture_n.dds file. Unless it was intentional that you left it out but still packaged the bump map with it...

Naky fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 22, 2011

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Mr. Crow posted:

I think I stopped reading before we got to pedophilia :psyduck:

But yea I tried to curb it back towards the original argument because it was a valid complaint a couple times but lord those people are thick.
You missed out on the argument that the :nws:Shojo mod isn't paedophilic because they're not children, they're short adults with large heads.

Naky posted:

I tried asking where BrotherShogo went, I'd done a bunch of scripts for his Japanese Menace stuff I wanted to release. :can:

Took a crack at the shield again the other day actually, and still can't get it to work without the occasional unpredictable CTD. I assume there's something wrong with the shader flags or the like that causes it, but I'll be damned if I can figure out which ones- I've tried almost every combination of flags, stripified, unstripified, updated tangent space, flags on it and whatnot. I've tried rigging it, but it won't import into Blender (throws up the string index too long error a lot of other NV meshes do). Tried exporting as obj from nifskope, importing into blender and exporting as a nif, but that seems to screw over the texture- though it also changes the vert count the tri lists, so maybe the mesh didn't export right the first time :shrug:? Unfortunately unlike scripting my meshing knowledge is largely 'try everything and the kitchen sink and hope one of them works'.

Talkie Toaster fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 22, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
BrotherShogo went to F3Underground IIRC. Also, swing by the IRC chan some time if you need help with that shield's mesh. Between me and safetyhammer, we can get something figured out for the shield so you can use it. Better than spamming up the thread. Besides, it's my original mesh anyway so I probably hosed something up. :sigh:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Talkie Toaster posted:

You missed out on the argument that the :nws:Shojo mod isn't paedophilic because they're not children, they're short adults with large heads.
Hahahaha, was that seriously someone's justification of it? Jesus Christ.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I decided to look at the Nexus and see what some of the recently-added files were. In addition to the usual screwiness, I found some things that really stood out as a combination of :psyduck: and :wtc:.

Nanomorphic Ammo - Ever feel like your New Vegas experience wasn't enough like Deus Ex: Invisible War? Now it can be with universal ammo!

Ever think Veronica didn't look quite right? This mod aims to correct that by giving her a mustache.

Lastly, ever think that hardcore mode wasn't quite hardcore enough? Ever think that, just maybe, something important was missing? How about this gem? It "forces" you to bathe regularly, because the world ending isn't an excuse for being a filthy bastard.

On the more positive side, I found a mod that adds a shitload of songs to Radio New Vegas. Specifically the ones that influenced the names of the quests as well as some assorted songs that keep with the western feel.

EDIT: Fixed a link.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 22, 2011

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I just installed The Armory via the Package Manager and really liked the nice menu with helpful descriptions.

Call me a tremendous noob who just joined this thread but why isn't The Armory on Nexus? It's seems even better than the other "all in one" mods.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Kaptain K posted:

Call me a tremendous noob who just joined this thread but why isn't The Armory on Nexus? It's seems even better than the other "all in one" mods.

It'd get removed in 3 seconds flat (during which time a million death threats would be sent) for widespread "theft" of materials.

"Theft" in quotes because I'm pretty sure over half of it is composed of models from other games used without permission

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Too bad someone can't start an alternate F3/NV mod hosting site, one that keeps out all the king sperg faggots from Nexus.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Kaptain K posted:

I just installed The Armory via the Package Manager and really liked the nice menu with helpful descriptions.

We credit every single artist for their work in a very sincere credits and extensive section in the readme; however, we did not list each person individually nor did we bother to contact the upwards on nearly 200+ people we'd need to contact for permission and that would instantly get me (us, though I've done my best to shield the others who work with me on the mod so I'd take any and all blame) banned from Nexus... though not that I'd care, really. Not to mention, there are commercial assets in the pack that we most certainly wouldn't get permission to use either from the original company or Bethesda to use in FNV. So in essence, The Armory is a pirate pack but we've never denied this or hidden from it. That being said, we also don't advertise the mod, upload it to popular modding sites, etc. We're not going out of our way to pick a fight, yet not backing down from admitting that we're not doing things properly either.

If you use it, great. If you don't, that's fine too. It's all good my friends. All we want to do is provide a collection of the best/most unique weapons out there and do it right so we can all have fun.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

SourceElement posted:

Lastly, ever think that hardcore mode wasn't quite hardcore enough? Ever think that, just maybe, something important was missing? How about this gem? It "forces" you to bathe regularly, because the world ending isn't an excuse for being a filthy bastard.

I didnt read much into it but this actually sounds kinda cool. I think I might pick it up on my next play after Old Worlds Blues drops.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If you can't make your own bars of soap using your survivalist skill then I won't use it. Even better, with higher skill in survival and science you'll make scented soap that temporarily increases your charm.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Naky posted:

If you can't make your own bars of soap using your survivalist skill then I won't use it. Even better, with higher skill in survival and science you'll make scented soap that temporarily increases your charm.

This is actually what it has as far as I can tell. If you make yourself a good shampoo and use it, you get a CHR+1 and Speech +10 (plus minor rad resistance for wiping off that fallout dust). It doesn't sound half bad.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I've been getting a lot of freezes when transitioning areas, mainly back in the Mojave. Is this a common thing with the current patch, or is it more likely a mod issue?

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic

Naky posted:

edit: by the way, Broken Spork, your scythe nif isn't linking your bump maps. Click the flower icon right below the current texture path in nifskope and add the texture_n.dds file. Unless it was intentional that you left it out but still packaged the bump map with it...

Yeah I screwed 1 or 2 other things up aswell, will upload a fixed one soon.

Still getting used to this. :11tea: Thanks for all the help though you guys are great!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ShiningForceHero posted:

I've been getting a lot of freezes when transitioning areas, mainly back in the Mojave. Is this a common thing with the current patch, or is it more likely a mod issue?

Are you using some sort of Purge Cell Buffer mod?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Naky posted:

If you can't make your own bars of soap using your survivalist skill then I won't use it.

Fight Club style? :haw:

Anyway, I think I have to oppose virtual bathing on general principle. It removes any incentive those anime creeps have for getting into contact with actual soap.

Broken Spork
Sep 12, 2007
Plastic

Ok it should not have any screwups now (hopefully).
I triple checked it this time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yd66jbkhbdw2wim

But if anything is messed up let me know and I will have a look.

Thanks again.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

ShiningForceHero posted:

If you're using a lot of texture mods that could be a cause for it.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."
How do I give myself an item through the console? I read the wiki, but I couldn't find what I need to type into the console to give myself the item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Ace Oliveira posted:

How do I give myself an item through the console? I read the wiki, but I couldn't find what I need to type into the console to give myself the item.

You first need to find out the base ID for the item you want to give yourself, for example 0000000f is the code for caps. So to give yourself 100,000 caps type player.additem 0000000f 100000.

To find out the base ID for mod items you need to use NVEdit, for most vanilla items you can find the base ID on the fallout wiki.