Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just don't think there's much 'romance' left in Homura's side by the movie, it's pretty much PTSD driven obsession. She says herself 'This emotion is mine alone.' suggesting that no-one else really understands what she's feeling (or at least she believes they can't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Bambi and Dhole just took a pretty creepy turn, above all because of the male protagonist and his late girlfriend's ages making their relationship pretty much Literal Paedophilia :stare:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-s...-Hide?id=255940

In which the Student Council President is Katsuragi Keima and can see the ending already.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kaguya is pretty decent. I was sure I'd get sick of the gimmick but it's kind of filling in the gap left by the lack of Takagi Teases release over the past 10 months in terms of "two people who obviously like each other trying to constantly one-up the other instead".

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mikl posted:

Bambi and Dhole just took a pretty creepy turn, above all because of the male protagonist and his late girlfriend's ages making their relationship pretty much Literal Paedophilia :stare:

That was not really the takeaway I got from that chapter and I think it's a bit unfair to frame it like that. They were childhood friends and sounds like she had some pretty serious emotional maturity issues if she routinely played with kids that much younger when she also was a kid/teen. Not saying she didn't creep on him but this is nothing like the predatory bullshit in something like 14 Sai no Koi given the context of their relationship and their background together.

edited to clarify since I don't want to totally defend a questionable age-gap relationship and to remove some details so I don't have to spoiler-tag. I can see some probable logistical reasons for choosing that option; she gets more agency to have the child and determine custody and there's less need to ask where her parents were in all of that vs if they were closer in age. Of course it causes problems that are arguably worse than anything it solves :v:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 4, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a pretty heavy chapter though. I've kinda been expecting Bambi to get a reason to break up with basketball boy and I didn't see her being the one to cheat first even if she is getting closer to Tooru, but I didn't expect things to move along this quickly.

Love is serious business for teenagers though. The thought of your high school boyfriend or girlfriend being your one true love forever and ever probably really resonates with a teenager but in reality is just kind of sad since that's a long time to do without when things don't end well. :v:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 4, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

break up with basketball boy and I didn't see her being the one to cheat first even if she is getting closer to Tooru,

called it!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

called it!

she didn't, he did. I was unclear I guess.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

drat

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was glad she didn't go along with your prediction. Bambi is a straightforward girl in her heart :3:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

That was not really the takeaway I got from that chapter and I think it's a bit unfair to frame it like that. They were childhood friends and sounds like she had some pretty serious emotional maturity issues if she routinely played with kids that much younger when she also was a kid/teen. Not saying she didn't creep on him but this is nothing like the predatory bullshit in something like 14 Sai no Koi given the context of their relationship and their background together.

edited to clarify since I don't want to totally defend a questionable age-gap relationship and to remove some details so I don't have to spoiler-tag. I can see some probable logistical reasons for choosing that option; she gets more agency to have the child and determine custody and there's less need to ask where her parents were in all of that vs if they were closer in age. Of course it causes problems that are arguably worse than anything it solves :v:

I guess I've been a bit unfair not to mention that they'd been childhood friends, but we're still talking about a 20- or 21-year-old having a baby with a 13- or 14-year-old. Who is also her student, since they "met again when she became a trainee teacher at [his] junior high", and this arguably makes things a bit worse since she's in an authority position towards him.

At this point, I'm hoping they go for "She had a baby with a completely worthless dude who skipped town the instant she got pregnant, her parents are dead, so when she died I took the kid in to avoid him ending up in an orphanage."

e. Changing the subject: new Tamen De Gushi, still absolutely adorable but also still moving at an agonizingly glacial pace.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mikl posted:

I guess I've been a bit unfair not to mention that they'd been childhood friends, but we're still talking about a 20- or 21-year-old having a baby with a 13- or 14-year-old. Who is also her student, since they "met again when she became a trainee teacher at [his] junior high", and this arguably makes things a bit worse since she's in an authority position towards him.
wait, what

Why are you still reading this

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nihilarian posted:

wait, what

Why are you still reading this

It's backstory for a character not something that's actively happening, and one participant is now dead. It was a bad situation in the past that the characters are dealing with the consequences from in the present, not a sign that the manga suddenly moved to Creepy Town.

edit: speaking of age gaps there's a new chapter of Takane to Hana...

:v:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 4, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cool.

Yen Press Licenses Fruits Basket, 2 Other Manga by Natsuki Takaya

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

It's backstory for a character not something that's actively happening, and one participant is now dead. It was a bad situation in the past that the characters are dealing with the consequences from in the present, not a sign that the manga suddenly moved to Creepy Town.

edit: speaking of age gaps there's a new chapter of Takane to Hana...

You gotta give Takane to Hana credit, it goes places, but at least you'll get a laugh from it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dunno if anyone else is reading this one but The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth got licensed (gotta wait another year for the first volume though). It's a fun fantasy mystery/adventure with nice art, cute guys, and plenty of BL subtext. It kinda feels like it's headed toward an ending with the latest update, but is apparently still ongoing after volume three so I wonder if it's going to keep going after they get out of the dungeon. There seems to be plenty of material for a political intrigue arc what with some plots that were mentioned recently like Lawrence's father being poisoned by the Sanguinists so I hope it's not ready to wrap up yet.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dunno if anyone else is reading this one but The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth got licensed (gotta wait another year for the first volume though). It's a fun fantasy mystery/adventure with nice art, cute guys, and plenty of BL subtext. It kinda feels like it's headed toward an ending with the latest update, but is apparently still ongoing after volume three so I wonder if it's going to keep going after they get out of the dungeon. There seems to be plenty of material for a political intrigue arc what with some plots that were mentioned recently like Lawrence's father being poisoned by the Sanguinists so I hope it's not ready to wrap up yet.

Yes, I saw the latest post and kinda sad but pretty manga being localized is always good news. Also, Detectives :coffeepal:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I'm bummed the scan group is dropping it immediately. It's good they're responsible about it but THAT CLIFFHANGER :mad:
What a place to stop.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone read tsubaki chou lonely planet?http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tsubaki-chou-lonely-planet-r15409

I'm only familiar the manga-ka's earlier work but I liked the art not so much the actual story.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

Anyone read tsubaki chou lonely planet?http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tsubaki-chou-lonely-planet-r15409

I'm only familiar the manga-ka's earlier work but I liked the art not so much the actual story.

I'm reading it. I haven't read any of her other stuff but I did read the comments on the one before, with the love triangle that included a teacher and spoiled myself on how it ended lol. That one's on my maybe list, sounded like it had some pretty annoying drama just from the comments though. I like Lonely Planet quite a bit -- the art is nice and it feels pretty low-key so far. I don't know how it compares to her other work but tbh a relaxed romance with a predictable end is something I'll pick any day over a drama-filled triangle.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Hirunaka no Ryuusei's core love triangle was really frustrating for me. I don't remember what chapter I read up to before dropping, but it felt like a lot of unproductive back and forth between all the characters. Mangas with singular romances and slow/happy developments are more of my style...

After I heard the conclusion I've been meaning to go back and read it, because at the point I stopped I have no idea how that would have happened, haha. I'm also not too much of a fan of student-teacher relationships in manga specifically - I'm okay with other age-gap stuff like Takane to Hana because it takes a fun but earnest attitude towards it all, but Hirunaka no Ryuusei...

Basically I'd prefer 50 chapters of Haru x Kiyo versus a couple of HnR.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpTYG5IsF4

Relife is getting a anime in 2016.

I don't want Kaizuki to be together with Hishiro. Mostly, I feel like it'd make the refreshing factor disappear from the series

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The last chapter of Koori no Mamono no Monogatari (The Ice-Cold Demon's Tale) is finally out! It's kind of crazy looking at the release history of this thing, it's taken 10 years to get completely translated. There's still an epilogue to go but at least the main story is complete.

Now just gotta wait on the last little bit of Silver Diamond...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpTYG5IsF4

Relife is getting a anime in 2016.

I don't want Kaizuki to be together with Hishiro. Mostly, I feel like it'd make the refreshing factor disappear from the series

I'm excited! I hope it's full episodes and not shorts, not really sure what to expect and I haven't seen much info anywhere about it. Also I agree with your spoiler; the latest chapter raised a pretty good point against it and I'm interested to see how Kaizaki handles all that. plus I think the cutest ship is him with Yoake even though it's not that kind of manga lol

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Kaguya Wants To be Confessed To - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-sama-wa-Kokurasetai-Tensai-tachi-no-Renai-Zunousen/Vol-001-Ch-005-005--Extra-Chapter?id=256191

It really is shaping up to be another series where every character is cute and dumb. :allears:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 7, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Speaking of Tsubaki-chou Loney Planet it just got a new chapter wrapping up their trip to the supermarket. Fumi is adorable and Sensei is dreamy :swoon:
I hope it sticks with this mellow slice-of-life feeling.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

With only just five chapters published, Musume no Iede has me completely hooked - and I hope Shimura Takako keeps up the trend of telling everyones story, not just that of the main character, as I really like that kind of story-telling.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru / The Betrayal Knows My Name worth reading and/or watching? Just wondering if it was possibly worth trying to pick up the English volumes used (they're double volumes so ~$5 for what's actually 2 volumes isn't bad) or tracking down the anime. Looked like some trashy gothy BL-subtext thing just from the covers which, considering the sort of garbage I read, looked like it might be something I'd be interested in.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru / The Betrayal Knows My Name worth reading and/or watching? Just wondering if it was possibly worth trying to pick up the English volumes used (they're double volumes so ~$5 for what's actually 2 volumes isn't bad) or tracking down the anime. Looked like some trashy gothy BL-subtext thing just from the covers which, considering the sort of garbage I read, looked like it might be something I'd be interested in.

No, not worth it. I thought the entire story looked LQ.

Currently, reading Haru x Kiyo and it's cute with no melodrama at all :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good to know. I wasn't having much luck finding reviews that looked objective, mostly just gushing fangirls talking about how good it was interspersed with a few that said it was mediocre.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mikl posted:

I feel bad for Shun because he was never a human being, only a plot device to help Yukimi end up with Nagasawa. It's not that he cheated on his girlfriend; it's that he had no choice but to cheat on her because his very existence is nothing but a stepping stone.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Congratulations to the winners http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-10/kono-manga-ga-sugoi-reveals-2016-series-ranking-for-female-readers/.96323

It's a shame so few of those are going to get translated.

This one is good http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/koudaike-no-hitobito-r15707

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
zoglin is doing Love Is Hard For An Otaku, so that's at least getting (very, very slowly) translated.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

New update of Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! :toot:

"Yes, that's right! Makoto's bottom trait is so strong that no man can resist getting on top of him... His bottom trait is like a black hole that sucks everything in! Shinozaki Makoto, a man whose name will never come before the 'x' is truly the king of bottoms!"

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The amazon.jp review of Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii are hilarous too. I found her pixiv where she posts omakes and character art: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3165269

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Piercing Hole - it's on batoto, but this manga is very nsfw so read at your own risk

I'm mentioning this one for a couple reasons; it's a Harada story that's dark without being 100% hosed up, so is notable simply for that. The other thing was there's kind of a neat dueling translation thing going on and having read both it was interesting to me to see the differences between the somewhat inaccurate but more readable version and the more accurate but stilted and unnatural-sounding version. It's too bad they couldn't have collaborated and achieved a version that was both accurate and readable.

edit: after some thought I'm gonna remove the link, it's easy enough to find anyway

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 12, 2015

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm mentioning this one for a couple reasons; it's a Harada story that's dark without being 100% hosed up, so is notable simply for that.

I figured it was a common theme on Harada's works from what I've read so far. Really dark stories with terrible people acting horribly to each other but this relationship was OK by her standards.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
New Tamen De Gushi:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
RIP this thread