Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Tonight, I'm trying to finish a Fire Pro Returns League play I started ages ago. Big worldwide tag thing, I just threw in a bunch of my favourite teams. Computer matches are simmed in fast motion, cause I put 20 teams in there. I'm playing as the Kings of Wrestling.

Here's the top 10 as of right now. I love that the top 10 has 13 teams in it.

1. Jerishow - 69 pts
2. Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk - 55 pts
3. Kings of Wrestling - 50 pts
4. Team Hell No - 49 pts
5. Motor City Machine Guns - 44 pts
5. Great Muta & Tajiri - 44 pts
7. Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega - 39 pts
8. Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi - 35 pts
8. World's Greatest Tag Team - 35 pts
10. CM Punk & Colt Cabana - 30 pts
10. Ziggler & Swagger - "
10. Gabriel & Kidd - "
10. The Colony - "

I was in 4th place, but WGTT just beat Team Hell No in loving 48 minutes when Charlie Haas choked out Kane with a crossface chickenwing. Even watching it in fast mode was petty awesome. Jerishow are looking pretty unstoppable.

Teams I was surprised to see in the bottom 20 - The Young Bucks (10 pts), Ambrose & Rollins (25 pts), Generico & Steen (25 pts). Great Sasuke and Jinsei Shinzaki are in last with 9 points.

Goddamn this game still rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

That's some badass artwork. Good av material, if nothing else. If I was thinking about changing mine, this would be an immediate contender.

Gig Me Like the Butcher.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Got an Immortals quest today to get 5k renown with Bryan, Reigns, and ???. Any idea who the third person is?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Minidust posted:

Did that just happen to be your 4000th match, or can you actually get Ladder Reward cards off a regular draw?

I just happened to also pull a sweet Epic on my 4000th match.

Supercard chat:

I managed to just squeak by with getting Epic Undertaker from RtG this time, whereas I got stuck on 50/140 last time. So.... progress. He replaced underleveled non-Pro UR Mark Henry on my RtG team for the moment. If I keep smashing 2 KotRs a week for the next couple of weeks, I might be able shove every SR/UR off my RtG team except Pro-UR Batista, my only Pro-UR ever. I guess the plan is just to keep pairing Epics forever until I start getting some Legendary drops off exhibition (I should move out of Legendary and into Legendary+ some time this week when I Pro up Ryback). At what point is it feasible to start trying to break into Legendary KotR? Will a full complement of Pro-Epic dudes be enough?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

5 Pro epics would be your absolute minimum requirement for Legend tier. Then you have to slowly accumulate legendary cards and hope for a pro.

Ended RtG at 60/180 through Batista - I don't think I'll ever get a RtG card without spending money/never sleeping, and I refuse to reward them after they made it harder to win it. Didn't even get a Survivor exhibition drop during the event, so back to rolling into KotR semifinals for shots at finding a pair for my 23(!) unpaired survivors

My inventory is now hovering at 111/120, hoping on a card limit raise soon

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Epic pro will almost definitely be enough to get you into the quarter finals but winning that match will be a crap shoot. Really depends on how bad the top 4 are sandbagging.

I, too, refuse to reward the makers of the game that I play daily.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The "One More Match" DLC comes out tomorrow

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bhester posted:

The "One More Match" DLC comes out tomorrow

Wow it's actually about that neverending Christian vs Orton feud

They actually thought people would want to buy this?

I mean it had some fun matches but it's not something I'd be chomping at the bit to pay money for.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I was dumb enough to pay for the season pass so I guess I should download this and play it for 10 minutes.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

triplexpac posted:

I mean it had some fun matches but it's not something I'd be chomping at the bit to pay money for.

I think it's the only way to get Edge and Christian in the game. The only one that seems worth the $10 is the Warrior one because that's adding like 6 or 7 new wrestlers.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Will Christian spitting in Orton's mouth and winning by getting hit in the nuts be rendered in engine, though?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Blasmeister posted:

Will Christian spitting in Orton's mouth and winning by getting hit in the nuts be rendered in engine, though?

I hope it's a QTE!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

i bought the season pass, but I would have bought his anyway because I want E&C. It'll be the most Yukes thing ever if they only have Edge in his retirement attire

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Bhester posted:

It'll be the most Yukes thing ever if they only have Edge in his retirement attire

Now I'm pissed off all over again about how they only had HBK with jeans in Smackdown Shut Your Mouth. What a terrible game.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Just made it to the semi-finals in a Survivor KOTR, and my reward was Survivor Orton, which happens to be one of the four Survivor cards I already have. I'm unreasonably stoked about finally getting a Survivor Pro in my deck. Whee!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Congrats. Now to get 2 more so you can start to dominate survivor KotRs and double your survivor income

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I need a Survivor pair, bad. I'm pretty boned, I have a full Legend-pro KOTR roster but can't get into the Survivor KOTR

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Got 113/170 for Sheamus. I might have had a shot, but I think I dropped from 3 to 1 point matches way too soon. Still, a definite improvement--plus, got my 9th maxed Legend pro (Triple H) and I'm working on my 10th (Stephanie.) I should be in better shape for the next one...hopefully I can make it, because holy crap I need Survivor cards and I can't get the job done in KotR.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

I need a Survivor pair, bad. I'm pretty boned, I have a full Legend-pro KOTR roster but can't get into the Survivor KOTR

I don't have a single pro legendary and am in survivor kotr so I call bs, sir :colbert:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't have a single pro legendary and am in survivor kotr so I call bs, sir :colbert:

Yeah but how good do you do?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Perry Normal posted:

1. Jerishow - 69 pts

nice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fumaofthelake posted:

Yeah but how good do you do?

you can't win without pro survivors so I just start it and collect my free epics two days later

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

IcePhoenix posted:

Are there different brackets for Survivor KOTR then? I wasn't sure sandbagging would work at that level, since whatever you do the Survivor "level" bar is full.

Edit: Oh, you're just talking about being in Survivor but not making the actual KOTR tourney? Cause yeah I can get the two epics no problem, it's actually ranking in the tourney to get the Survivor card that I can't do.

Just missed the tourney by two games this time :smith:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I was playing Supercard last night and pulled my sixth epic Rock card since I started playing the game :wtc: Time to assemble my all Rock, all the time deck for the next RTG, I guess.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Got a pair for my Survivor Jericho in my KotR semifinal payout :toot:
He sits alongside my partially levelled pro-survivor mizdow and RtG sting in the 'better than PCC/RtG tier, but I could really use a pro survivor diva though. 2 max pro survivor singles + diva is the best way to win KOTRs

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

The Immortals online matchmaker is killing me. My main lineup is three golds, two Legendary III's and a Legendary I. Despite this, the game throws almost nothing but Legendary VII's at me, which have level one specials that take off two-thirds of my health. Combine that with the practically inevitable double-team glitch, and I have to play perfectly to finish out a main event. I may drop this game, but I am still kind of enjoying buying new booster packs and seeing what I get (Cena's the only gold card I don't have at all).

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Don't use all three golds online. One gold + two fillers will usually get you an opponent that has either a similarly leveled gold + some bronze/silvers or three weak golds. Plus pairing the golds with filler cards means you can get three cycles of matches to rank up faster.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ZDar Fan posted:

The Immortals online matchmaker is killing me. My main lineup is three golds, two Legendary III's and a Legendary I. Despite this, the game throws almost nothing but Legendary VII's at me, which have level one specials that take off two-thirds of my health. Combine that with the practically inevitable double-team glitch, and I have to play perfectly to finish out a main event. I may drop this game, but I am still kind of enjoying buying new booster packs and seeing what I get (Cena's the only gold card I don't have at all).

I just use three bronze characters and never have issues.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Final scores. I was just going to put the top ten, but then I saw the 5 way tie for 11th.

1. Jerishow - 94
2. Kings of Wrestling - 75
3. Hell No - 69
4. Tozawa/BxB - 65
5. WGTT - 60
6. Ibushi/Omega - 59
7. Muta/Tajiri - 58
8. Devitt/Taguchi - 50
9. MCMG - 49
10. Ziggler/Swagger - 45
11. Cabana/Punk - 40
11. Gabriel/Kidd
11. The Colony
11. Ambrose/Rollins
11. Wyatt/Harper
16. Generico/Steen 35
17. Sasuke/Shinzaki 29
18. Rhodes Scholars 24
19. Young Bucks 15
20. Prime Time Players 10

Jerishow trounced the competition - totally undefeated. Young Bucks were tied for last with the PTP, but they pulled out a win over Wyatt and Harper at the last minute. I probably need to up the stats on my Bucks if they're doing that poorly.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

IcePhoenix posted:

I just use three bronze characters and never have issues.

you get more points/gold if you play with better fighters.

I haven't lost a match this tournament yet because of my cybrock/Gold DB/super cena combo. Brock just builds meter so fast when he's mashing light attacks it's insane. I've fired off 3 f5s in a match at times.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So the Christian 2K Showcase DLC gives you an extra Del Rio, Mark Henry, Sheamus, and Randy Orton. However the Mark Henry 2K Showase DLC seems to give you an extra Daniel Bryan, Usos, Big Show, Kane, Ryback, Sheamus, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton. Then there is the Warrior 2K Showcase DLC that gives you an extra Warrior, Hogan, Taker, and HHH. So in total with the DLC ones and the already in game versions there are multiples of these characters: 2 William Regals(Next Gen only), 2 Stings, 2 Ultimate Warriors, 2 HHHs, 2 Undertakers, 2 CM Punks, 2 Batistas, 2 Chris Jerichos, 2 Jimmy Usos, 2 Jey Usos, 2 Rybacks, 2 Big Shows, 3 Kanes, 3 Alberto Del Rios, 3 Hulk Hogans, 3 Mark Henrys, 3 Daniel Bryans, 3 Sheamuses, 4 Randy Ortons.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eXX2CnZih4

New Legacy Inc finds yet another way to break 2K15

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Retromancer posted:

you get more points/gold if you play with better fighters.

Oh really eh, hmmmm. I've just been using one gold + two bronze and can run through all competition. Guess I'll try switching things out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

So the Christian 2K Showcase DLC gives you an extra Del Rio, Mark Henry, Sheamus, and Randy Orton. However the Mark Henry 2K Showase DLC seems to give you an extra Daniel Bryan, Usos, Big Show, Kane, Ryback, Sheamus, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton. Then there is the Warrior 2K Showcase DLC that gives you an extra Warrior, Hogan, Taker, and HHH. So in total with the DLC ones and the already in game versions there are multiples of these characters: 2 William Regals(Next Gen only), 2 Stings, 2 Ultimate Warriors, 2 HHHs, 2 Undertakers, 2 CM Punks, 2 Batistas, 2 Chris Jerichos, 2 Jimmy Usos, 2 Jey Usos, 2 Rybacks, 2 Big Shows, 3 Kanes, 3 Alberto Del Rios, 3 Hulk Hogans, 3 Mark Henrys, 3 Daniel Bryans, 3 Sheamuses, 4 Randy Ortons.

It seems insane that making duplicate characters is still the only way they know how to do this. Or even if it is, that they can't put something in the UI to appropriately hide the fact that they're duplicate characters and not different versions or whatever

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

epitasis posted:

It seems insane that making duplicate characters is still the only way they know how to do this. Or even if it is, that they can't put something in the UI to appropriately hide the fact that they're duplicate characters and not different versions or whatever

They had Dashing Cody Rhodes and masked Cody Rhodes in one of the games a few years ago, but you couldn't mess with one of the characters' entrances.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I saw a stream of the game yesterday. What the gently caress is even the difference between Sheamus'11 and current Sheamus? I can't think of anything that has changed.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Tonfa posted:

I saw a stream of the game yesterday. What the gently caress is even the difference between Sheamus'11 and current Sheamus? I can't think of anything that has changed.

Well, you could say the same thing about Sheamus the wrestler, soooo...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Tonfa posted:

His tights & entrance tshirt I'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Too many limes.