Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

What's everyone's favorite dark souls memory. Mine is reaching the rat covenant on DS2 launch day and idling in the front room waiting to pwn noobs while doing homework because it came out during finals week of my senior year of college and I spent 50 hours in 4 days doing nothing but playing the game in between barely passing tests lol.

my favorite specific moment was in DS2 rat covenant knocking other players off of a bridge with a greatbow shot that needed a solid 6 second lead

what stuck with me most was the second time I played through undead burgh and being amazed at how much more quickly it went. I genuinely thought the undead burgh was about 10x larger than it actually was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Demon's souls 1-1 breaking me down and putting me back together in it's own image.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I thoroughly explored the woods once but in all my 4 or 5 characters since I ran to the end because it scares me

The voices in the tower...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

that owns. theyre adding a covenant and making other changes??

Miyazaki posted:

The League is a band of Hunters who have taken an oath and are bound by a single purpose. By aligning yourself to The League, led by a mysterious figure in a constable’s garb and bucket helmet, you can assist other players online in the game and compete in The League’s online rankings leaderboard.

In addition to The League, players will also be able to use The League cane and summon co-op NPCs within the game, perfect for tackling challenging areas and bosses.

To whet your appetite for the upcoming expansion, here is a sneak preview of one of the many brand new weapons available as part of The Old Hunters. Behold the Holy Moonlight Sword. Do you have what it takes to wield its mysterious power?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

man, I really appreciate how well designed the enemy patrol routes are in bloodborne. I'm super stoked to see how From improves on it in dark souls 3

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Every time I read about demons souls I see "saint urbain" and instantly hear the weird guy voice saying "sainturBAIN" in my head and it continues throughout the day.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel like they should remove/greatly reduce the material costs for making chalice dungeons. like, i can just google glyphs and get a free chalice out of that, why do i have to go out of my way to grind out mats to make ones myself? the whole thing is retarded. finding players to co-op with in chalice dungeons is almost impossible too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Every time I read about demons souls I see "saint urbain" and instantly hear the weird guy voice saying "sainturBAIN" in my head and it continues throughout the day.

Ask your doctor if risperdol is right for you

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
World 3-1 in Demons Souls is one of my favorite levels in all of gaming

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wish I had a PS3 to play demon souls

Dec 26, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

World 3-1 in Demons Souls is one of my favorite levels in all of gaming

its really good yeah

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
World 4 is also pretty loving incredible all the way through

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

World 4 is also pretty loving incredible all the way through

4-1 is prolly my favorite area in any souls game. The area in the DS3 network test seemed almost like a cross between 4-1 and the undead burg which is insanely win

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

apropos to nothing posted:

4-1 is prolly my favorite area in any souls game. The area in the DS3 network test seemed almost like a cross between 4-1 and the undead burg which is insanely win

Oh hell yes. Cant wait to play this next summer once im finished Bloodborne

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
sounds like the DS3 release date was announced today and it's april 12th

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i loving suck rear end at this game but i'm starting not to and it feels really cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like boltaria or whatever castle the most. just one big ol castle

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can't wait to see the poison swamp level in ds3.

Watching gameplay of old hunters and holy crap are these non boss enemies incredibly sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like boltaria or whatever castle the most. just one big ol castle

same

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It wasn't actually back. The blood curse continues...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They sent it to Germany. What in the god drat hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expansion Pack data is now live. Please download the 9GB patch this weekend to prepare for the Old Hunters on Tuesday!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the new covenant, weapons and area changes that are part of old hunters but exist in the original game world are all added, so there a bunch of a new content already to explore. I didn't want to read the patch notes because I want to be fresh for my new playthrough, but there's already new stuff to check out

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didn't realize it was so soon!

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

They sent it to Germany. What in the god drat hell.

yikes

In Training posted:

Also the new covenant, weapons and area changes that are part of old hunters but exist in the original game world are all added, so there a bunch of a new content already to explore. I didn't want to read the patch notes because I want to be fresh for my new playthrough, but there's already new stuff to check out

gently caress why do i have plans tonight

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it'd be nice to get really vague hints as to where the patch has changed stuff, but not full spoilers. i guess i'll just wait until the full release on tuesday.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
my favorite place in demons souls was the tower of latria. it was the spookiest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

it'd be nice to get really vague hints as to where the patch has changed stuff, but not full spoilers. i guess i'll just wait until the full release on tuesday.

The Sony post about the patch coming out has a step by step walkthrough with pictures on how to access the new DLC area and it's like...come on guys. I just wanted to see the price of the expac

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

01011001 posted:

yikes

gently caress why do i have plans tonight

It's here now, and I am going to start bloodborne again tonight. I'll probably download the expansion too. This is going to be an amazing first playthrough.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

The Sony post about the patch coming out has a step by step walkthrough with pictures on how to access the new DLC area and it's like...come on guys. I just wanted to see the price of the expac

It's so obvious I don't know why they needed to spell it out.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

u know that huge clock tower u can see from hemwick, but you cant see from anywhere in yarnham or cathedral ward? i always wondered about that. also, theres a building near ebrietas' boss room thats hidden by clouds for 4 minutes out of every 5 that you can see from teh bridge ... i got a screenshot of it cos i noticed it while looking around.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ill be doing a new playthrough and looking for it myself for sure.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm also starting a new playthrough. honestly, i can't wait.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

vague patch notes, no spoilers i guess

- augur of ebrietas can parry now, got a dmg buff
- new npc summons in the game and in chalices
- new covenant npc/rune
- streamlined chalice co-op & invasion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

ill be doing a new playthrough and looking for it myself for sure.

Wb

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the npc hunters ive summoned in the chalices have had DLC weapons & gear, and its making me powerfully horny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've still never done an arcane build and my understanding is that they made magic more useful so maybe it's time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the npc hunters ive summoned in the chalices have had DLC weapons & gear, and its making me powerfully horny

ohh... its been patched already? i think ill start my playthrough tonight then.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I've still never done an arcane build and my understanding is that they made magic more useful so maybe it's time

i think ill try an arcane spell only run. maybe with viscerals too but no right hand weapon equipped .. yea .... siounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its a race against blood vials to beat everything . with the visceral heal rune u can basically cast forever probably .. but only if the spell costs 5 bullets or less. acutally, i cant remember what all the spells cost, so im not sure which spells would be limited.