Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Uh yeah rocketgun as main is the way 2 play, however consider this HALF a high-five (a high-2.5) for dirty Hellriegel scum betraying yourself

Unless you're helping out buds in which case ammo pouch as main is the correct choice

I probably get two to one rocket/melee : primary weapon kills these days
fwiw I try to rotate and use all the primary guns equally :shrug: but yeah the hellriegel is loving busted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
If you aren't burning all you rocket gun ammo every life you aren't playing assault right.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

fwiw I try to rotate and use all the primary guns equally :shrug: but yeah the hellriegel is loving busted

I ran out of guns without scopes to service star so I'm using the Hellriegel to unlock the defensive Hellriegel so I can unlock that and it's hysterically overpowered.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
It's worse than the normal hellregiel aside from the extra bullets and the bipod :p

If you want something that's absolutely disgusting, the Sjögren does the trick, as long as you can aim. (Or abuse aim assist like a pro)

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

lambskin posted:

If you want something that's absolutely disgusting, the Sjögren does the trick, as long as you can aim. (Or abuse aim assist like a pro)

Chemmy posted:

I ran out of guns without scopes to service star

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

After countless hours on this game I've only just learned there's weak spots on the blimp which wreck it in no time :v:

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
What, you don't like scopes?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

lambskin posted:

It's worse than the normal hellregiel aside from the extra bullets and the bipod :p

Sjogren on De Vaux is like a cheat code

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I can't force myself to use guns I don't like. So that's how I have 28 service stars with the lebel infantry. If I need to use something else I'll use the SMLE infantry.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Abiggoat posted:

After countless hours on this game I've only just learned there's weak spots on the blimp which wreck it in no time :v:

Bwah?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Cut up the zeppelin like a hot dog. Each section is a weak spot to hammer.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

lambskin posted:

What, you don't like scopes?
Scopes just encourage stopping and shooting from outside the objective. If you are not inside an objective or moving to get inside one then you are playing the game wrong.

This applies even if you are using a scout rifle.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

The Armored Train:
By far this is the easiest to destroy. Unlike in the beta you can't destroy the train just by spamming mines and TNT on the track, this does minimal damage and there is a faster way. SHOOT THE TURRETS! every time you destroy a turret it loses a good amount of HP. Use your AT rockets, field guns, and tanks to take out those turrets. It will go down in a matter of minutes.

The Dreadnought:
Probably the toughest to destroy because it can stay far away from combat and has amazing self defense, this is probably the simplest to destroy. The dreadnought has 6-8 "Parts" (basically sections) that can be destroyed on both the left and right side of the ship and each Part is about 20m long and can only take about 2 torpedoes and upon destroying each part you see "PART DESTROYED 100." every time you destroy a Part it takes of a good chunk of the ship's hp. so rule of thumb DON'T SHOOT THE SPOT THAT IS ALREADY ON FIRE. The ship will sink when roughly 75-90% of the Parts are destroyed.

The Airship:
This one is probably doesn't really need much explaining because basically the entire thing is a weak spot. Destroying a gondola deals good damage but destroy different sections of the balloon also deals good damage. but the sections that can be destroyed follow the same rules as the dreadnought, once a balloon section is destroyed (torn and burning fabric) don't waste your time shooting it again.
Gondolas respawn after a bit of time and can be destroyed again for more damage

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Scopes just encourage stopping and shooting from outside the objective. If you are not inside an objective or moving to get inside one then you are playing the game wrong.

What if I'm playing TDM with the three other people that play that? :colbert:

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 1, 2017

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

e.pilot posted:

What if I'm playing TDM with the three other people that play that? :colbert:
Then you're not inside an objective or moving to get inside one and are therefore playing the game wrong :colbert:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Then you're not inside an objective or moving to get inside one and are therefore playing the game wrong :colbert:

:captainpop:

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

https://youtu.be/3vPNKqPOkUU

Simplest video I could find that wasn't 10+minutes of YouTubers "HAY GUYS MR PERSONALITY HERE BRINGING YOU ANOTHER blah blah"

There's points along it which you can wreck with the AA gun or a pass of the bomber-killer fighter. Feels good to solo! Same deal with dreadnought too with torpedoes

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

e.pilot posted:

Bohemoth stuff

Ah. I thought you had meant there were small spots that did more damage other than the usual targets of turrets, etc.

Edit: drat. That zeppelin went down quick.

Nash fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 1, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Zeppelins always go down fairly quickly. Especially on Monte Grappa. I'd prefer if the accurately represented zeppelins, in that they would be so high up that no one would be able to touch them and their bombs would be so inaccurate that they're basically useless.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Scopes allow you to leverage yourself into more situations and let you go headshot wild. And lol if you think that me killing a dude while 2m away from the the objective is any different than me doing the same while in the blob of blueberries.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

*witnesses teammate murdering a squad trying to backcap while 100m away* loving useless! ptfo nerd!

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Abiggoat posted:

Lol well gently caress me I guess focusing on the gondolas wasn't all that worth it and the behemoth is even stupider than I thought

Live At Five! posted:

I can't force myself to use guns I don't like. So that's how I have 28 service stars with the lebel infantry. If I need to use something else I'll use the SMLE infantry.

my man

SMLE feels so good to reload but maybe that's just the COD feels
I only stopped using the lever action to grind out 3 million martini henry kills but the boom it makes indoors makes me chuckle every time so it's worth it :discourse:

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Cut up the zeppelin like a hot dog. Each section is a weak spot to hammer.

I had to stop and think before realizing oh yeah I guess people cut up hot dogs for kids. I thought you meant how some weirdos split it down the middle lengthwise.

WHO CUTS UP A FUCKIN HOT DOG

EVEN FOR A KID

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
It's a currywurst and I'm slicing it radially to get that muhfuckin sauce all up in.

Anyway happy 4th weekend Amerigoons eat some food and drink some beers

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chemmy posted:

I ran out of guns without scopes to service star

Same here bud...

:smith:

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Sniper rifle on operations owns, it's a lot more useful when the opponent is sticking to several clear lanes of attack that you can help lock down. It's pretty useless if you're playing conquest though or if you're on that attacking side in operations

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Sjogren & dynamite on Vaux is so satisfying

Just ran into a guy with 95 service stars on the Hellrigel Defensive. What the gently caress kind of lives do these people live?

Laminator fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 1, 2017

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
19 limpet service stars what a loving legend

https://youtu.be/lwATSbLUpS0

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy gently caress, I love the Martini Henry!

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
but do you 300 times love the martiniyghenry

I'm at 197 :negative:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

just abuse the auto aim from the 100m range on Suez or Argonne. Especially argonne, in the early part of the match there's always dudes prone at the very edge of the bridge.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Oh I'm abusing it.

I only just started last week but if you knocked out 300 with the drat thing in just a handful of games then gently caress me hats off lol

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

How do you abuse auto aim? I think I was doing it accidentally with the ten-a slug by Ads right before shooting someone. Is it something like that?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Also if your ADSing and someone runs in front of you the sights move with them a bit. It's in the options. I find it irritating but can be helpful. I got 1.5k kills with the Martini while it was bugged after launch and miss that so much. The 300 kills took me about 10 or so games, wasn't too bad. Martini sniper is not worth it though, don't bother with the grind.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Live At Five! posted:

Martini sniper is not worth it though, don't bother with the grind.

That's disappointing to hear.

Chauchat4lyfe

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Eh I might like it just for the scope, I'm not a fan of the iron sights. Same thing with the 1906 sniper.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Stupid tanker weapons. I just want to scout with a C96 Carbine. Is that so much to ask?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
PSKrew:

Mrs. Poophole is out of town all weekend, come shootmans!

PLUS I'm catching up with a former LTA/BUTT dude from way back in the BF3 days tomorrow sometime to get up to rocketgun shenans.

will you answer teh call??

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

PSKrew:

Mrs. Poophole is out of town all weekend, come shootmans!

PLUS I'm catching up with a former LTA/BUTT dude from way back in the BF3 days tomorrow sometime to get up to rocketgun shenans.

will you answer teh call??

I will answer the butt call. What time do you need me on today/tomorrow?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

I will answer the butt call. What time do you need me on today/tomorrow?

Don't NEED but would BE HONORED to see you probably like 7pm+ EDT tonight and heck any time after noon tomorrow, I'll be puttering around on and off depending on whether the krew is rollin'

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Don't NEED but would BE HONORED to see you probably like 7pm+ EDT tonight and heck any time after noon tomorrow, I'll be puttering around on and off depending on whether the krew is rollin'

No you need me. I provide the greatest of cover for you to safely donate hundreds of rockets to the other team and can provide countless revives and resupplies. I'll be on in a hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

How do you abuse auto aim? I think I was doing it accidentally with the ten-a slug by Ads right before shooting someone. Is it something like that?

I find that it'll snap to center mass if you sight in with the crosshairs near someone. I consistently get either headshots or 90 damage doing it that way.